Bad warning is bad

Ombudsman Case Archives
zeekomkommer
Forum Addict
Alliance: sigma leader
Race: systemlord
ID: 70578

Re: Bad warning is bad

deni wrote:For which post exactly was Jack warned for?

Antistatic wrote:
[spoiler]Whos more immature, the person saying **Filtered** off in a quitting thread or the person saying he is quitting?
Justify that one[/spoiler]

jack reply:
[spoiler]Your question is quite misleading. Allow me to fix it for you.

Antistatic wrote:
Who's more immature? The person whom got pissed off and blew up half of the forum because he didn't get his way, then evaded a ban to come back and flaunt what he did, or the people telling him to **Filtered** off?[/spoiler]

that would be the post
deni
The Initiate
Alliance: THE DARK DOMINIUM
Race: Goddess
ID: 75493

Honours and Awards

zeekomkommer wrote:

Antistatic wrote:
[spoiler]Whos more immature, the person saying **Filtered** off in a quitting thread or the person saying he is quitting?

jack reply:

Antistatic wrote:
Who's more immature? The person whom got pissed off and blew up half of the forum because he didn't get his way, then evaded a ban to come back and flaunt what he did, or the people telling him to **Filtered** off?[/spoiler]

that would be the post

Would that be the post he was warned for or IS it the post he was warned for?

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to
zeekomkommer
Forum Addict

deni wrote:
zeekomkommer wrote:

Antistatic wrote:

jack reply:

Antistatic wrote:

that would be the post

Would that be the post he was warned for or IS it the post he was warned for?

semper quoted that post and used his mod colour to issue a warning for that in that topic so i'm asuming that yes that is the warning. semper should have quoted it in the usernotes tough
semper
The sharp-tongued devil you can't seem to forget...
Race: God
ID: 0

I need say no more.

Warning is Valid. Thank you Mr Ombudsmen.

Love you too Jackipoo's...
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
Started Playing: April 2005
Honours (5): Hall of Fame 2009. Annual Awards Host 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Winner (12): RP'er of the Year 2008, Runner Up Poster of the Year 2008, Debater of the Year 2008, War of the Year 2008, Poster of the Year 2009, Alliance of the Year 2009 (Nemesis Sect, Creator), Alliance War of the Year 2009 (Nempire vs Mayhem, Instigator), RP'er Runner Up 2009, Knew You'd Be Back 2010, Conflict of the Decade (FUALL v TF), Conflict of the Decade Runner Up (Ga vs TF), Alliance of the Decade (TDD).
Nominated (8): Writer of the year 2007, Avatar of the Year 2007, Poster of the Year 2007, Villain of the Year 2008, Player Sig 2008, Race Player of the Year 2009, Most Missed 2010, Alliance Leadership 2010, Most Missed 2011.
Commands (3): Supreme System Lord 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012. System Lord Council 2006 - present. Dark Lord and Emperor of the Nempire 2009 - 2011.
Alliances (9): DDE, EA, OSL, TFUR, DDEII, AI, RM, WoB, Nemesis.
Forum Roles (4): Former Misc GM, Race Mod (Goa'uld), Debate forum patriarch and mod.
Jack
Evil Reincarnated
Alliance: The Empire
Race: Dragonborn
ID: 6475

zeekomkommer wrote:semper quoted that post and used his mod colour to issue a warning for that in that topic so i'm asuming that yes that is the warning. semper should have quoted it in the usernotes tough

Then why was the warning issued three hours later? :-"

zeekomkommer wrote:It is ironic that you would be the one complaining about flamebait.

Who said I was complaining? #-o

zeekomkommer wrote:but what the mods tolerate or not is not my descision. once the rules for a topic are set in place they stay in place. as former GM you should know that. baited or not there were other ways of settleing it:

Yes, not only as a former GM, but as the section head for Misc, I know there were no rules against what I did. And as Semper so nicely stated himself....

Semper wrote:You may write up the rules in misc but you need an admins permission..

He obviously didn't have that. Image

zeekomkommer wrote:i was making an example of things that will not be tolerated once the rules are written :) all posts that are made after the code of cunduct is made will have be in order with it.

I love how you change your tone so quickly. :-"
Ya'll acting like you know what monster is
Me have 25 years in the monster biz
All monsters think you can fuss with this
Well you can talk to me Snuffleupagus
Me sneak into your house, me leave before dawn
Your daughters will be pregnant and your cookies will be gone
Malx wrote:Make kids not cancer!
semper

Dr. House wrote:
zeekomkommer wrote:semper quoted that post and used his mod colour to issue a warning for that in that topic so i'm asuming that yes that is the warning. semper should have quoted it in the usernotes tough

Then why was the warning issued three hours later? :-"

I am not Omnipresent..or Omniscient and someone can be busy for a length of time longer than 3 hours or shorter, not to mention I am sure you didn't reply within 0.000000001 seconds of me posting... :)

Jack wrote:
zeekomkommer wrote:It is ironic that you would be the one complaining about flamebait.

Who said I was complaining? #-o

You're here challenging the issue? What else is complaining? :?

Jack wrote:
zeekomkommer wrote:but what the mods tolerate or not is not my descision. once the rules for a topic are set in place they stay in place. as former GM you should know that. baited or not there were other ways of settleing it:

Yes, not only as a former GM, but as the section head for Misc, I know there were no rules against what I did. And as Semper so nicely stated himself....

Indeed.. you were posting off topic and ergo it was Spam. Clarkey did not begin the topic by opening a debate.. he said his goodbyes and stated his opinion... which as far as the matter with him could go, was an opinion. You had no place arguing in that thread, no matter what was on display as clarkey did not ask for opinions, nor arguments... he just posted to inform you of his departure and within the boundaries of common sense.. returning that by saying farewell (and NOT arguing) is on topic. You were warned to stop arguing, you persisted and were given a board warning for spamming.

What you did with Gunz... was allow a highly controversial topic to continue that had plenty of opinion sharing on a certain issue, which in itself was against the rules (the topic, not the opinion sharing), it was in the spam section (where by definition there is no such thing as off topic posting...) you then rudely attacked the individual and created rules to benefit your position and now, by your own admittance... you know you were wrong to do so.

I on the other hand gave you a polite warning not to argue and go off topic in a goodbye thread. You spammed.. you were a former GM mod of the spam and misc sections no less and you should have known better.

Jack wrote:
Semper wrote:You may write up the rules in misc but you need an admins permission..

He obviously didn't have that. Image

I didn't create any rules. They're there in the forum rules... it's also universal knowledge that challenging a mod repeatedly on board issues in a topic outside here, after you've been asked not to do so... is highly frowned upon.

----~----

This issue is settled, Mr Ombudsman has given his ruling.. why is it still open? :-s
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
Honours (5): Hall of Fame 2009. Annual Awards Host 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Winner (12): RP'er of the Year 2008, Runner Up Poster of the Year 2008, Debater of the Year 2008, War of the Year 2008, Poster of the Year 2009, Alliance of the Year 2009 (Nemesis Sect, Creator), Alliance War of the Year 2009 (Nempire vs Mayhem, Instigator), RP'er Runner Up 2009, Knew You'd Be Back 2010, Conflict of the Decade (FUALL v TF), Conflict of the Decade Runner Up (Ga vs TF), Alliance of the Decade (TDD).
Nominated (8): Writer of the year 2007, Avatar of the Year 2007, Poster of the Year 2007, Villain of the Year 2008, Player Sig 2008, Race Player of the Year 2009, Most Missed 2010, Alliance Leadership 2010, Most Missed 2011.
Commands (3): Supreme System Lord 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012. System Lord Council 2006 - present. Dark Lord and Emperor of the Nempire 2009 - 2011.
Forum Roles (4): Former Misc GM, Race Mod (Goa'uld), Debate forum patriarch and mod.
deni
The Initiate

Honours and Awards

The ombudsman makes recommendations (even if he prefers to calls them "ruling"). The final word is the admins'.

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

semper

deni wrote:The ombudsman makes recommendations (even if he prefers to calls them "ruling"). The final word is the admins'.

That still doesn't remove the fact the Ombudsman has given his recommendations...and so this is now just leaving it open for potential further slanging on a closed issue (by accident...). The admins can post into a locked thread/unlock it.

Or am I wrong?
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
deni
The Initiate

Honours and Awards

Semper wrote:
deni wrote:The ombudsman makes recommendations (even if he prefers to calls them "ruling"). The final word is the admins'.

That still doesn't remove the fact the Ombudsman has given his recommendations...and so this is now just leaving it open for potential further slanging on a closed issue (by accident...). The admins can post into a locked thread/unlock it.

Or am I wrong?

Any mod action including posting in a locked thread is warnable here. So if the admins want to get themselves warned, they could probably do it.

zeekomkommer
Forum Addict

deni wrote:
Semper wrote:

Or am I wrong?

Any mod action including posting in a locked thread is warnable here. So if the admins want to get themselves warned, they could probably do it.

first off all the topic is still open becausse i didn't make my ruling or verdit of what ever we wanne call it yet. i have made my counter arguments and have given jack the time to defend himself. once that is done this thread will be locked and i'll make my official recomandations to the forum admins.

and i woudn't warn admins since we still report to them. only when they do a mod action wich is not needed. most of the time the admins do prefere not to undertake any mod actions in this section

EDIT:
jack this will remain open till i get on tomorow morning wich is aprox 12 hours from now. you have till then to make your arguments on why you didn't breack the rules
Jack
Evil Reincarnated

Semper wrote:What you did with Gunz... was allow a highly controversial topic to continue that had plenty of opinion sharing on a certain issue, which in itself was against the rules (the topic, not the opinion sharing),

Ok so opinion sharing is NOT against the rules? Thank you, that's all I needed.

Dear Ombudsman, you have here Semper admitting that sharing one's opinion is NOT against the rules, therefore I submit to you that the warning is invalid as I was warned for sharing my opinion which Semper did not like, therefore Semper warned me in bias(simply because he did not like my opinion which is not against the rules). I would appreciate it if my warning was removed now. Thank you for your time.
semper

Dr. House wrote:
Semper wrote:What you did with Gunz... was allow a highly controversial topic to continue that had plenty of opinion sharing on a certain issue, which in itself was against the rules (the topic, not the opinion sharing),

Dear Ombudsman, you have here Semper admitting that sharing one's opinion is NOT against the rules, therefore I submit to you that the warning is invalid as I was warned for sharing my opinion which Semper did not like, therefore Semper warned me in bias(simply because he did not like my opinion which is not against the rules). I would appreciate it if my warning was removed now. Thank you for your time.

Read the post Jack... I add in brackets.. (as is in your quote) that I mean the topic NOT the opinion sharing.
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
Jack
Evil Reincarnated

Semper wrote:
Dr. House wrote:

Read the post Jack... I add in brackets.. (as is in your quote) that I mean the topic NOT the opinion sharing.

Yes, you said the topic was against the rules but that opinion sharing was not. Again, thank you for confirming this.
semper

Dr. House wrote:
Semper wrote:
Dr. House wrote:

Yes, you said the topic was against the rules but that opinion sharing was not. Again, thank you for confirming this.

As you'll also note.. it also specifies the spam temple. I am sure I don't need to go over the details again?

Obviously the point is you cannot just express your opinions anywhere else if they're off topic as that's spam. :) Which is what you did.
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
Jack
Evil Reincarnated

I agree, Semper! Good thing my opinions were about the opinions put forth by the OP and sanctioned by the mods!

Unless you're going to say that disagreeing is a crime now? Not that it matters anyway, it wasn't a crime then.

Return to “Case Archives”