loitering?

Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

ok... can put on update page, but ideally it is not a 'game feature' ... just basic security....

i will double check the code, since what you describe should not cause the message to appear.... i've tested it quite a bit, and it all looks good from my end...

i understand the concerns above... .this is meant to be a cheat-stop... not an inconvienience :)

btw - you do not have to leave the page... you can just click the button after doing whatever it is you were trying to do.... i'll change the text to make that more obvious...
forgive_me
Forum Irregular
ID: 0

post repy for Salvo

i dont understand wath hapend to u...i trid the same proces 2 and worked perfecly for me....*confused*

programingly speking this cant hapen....only if the time wen u hit the training buton(form the bank) to the time u hit the upgread buton is longer than 1 minut...but this woud be fixed if the period of ideal alowed is enlarged....but this will make things just as they war befor.......

about the naq being out on the open...well lets be real...i wass on the open with a couple tents of mil for 5 min and nowan attackt me.....so the chanse is verry small to be attackd....it takes the attacker 3 pages to loat to attack u(the batelfield,your stas,the attack page,and then a bit time to write 15 turns and hit attack.....)....and even if u get the error u are faster then him...u need to load(bank with the result...training and hit upgread buton(get the error),and hit again.....so its echuel pages lodet and u have the advantege of having the time wen the attacker writes the turns.....so its quite imposible to chach someone who removes naq from the bank to upgread somenting.....i meen realy...war u ever attackd wen u had nothing on u and withdrow the naq and wanted to train....?
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

when the whole page load thing becomes moot/forgotten/not relevent/histroy -- will not be an issue any more cause no waiting :)

sdb wrote:
Forum wrote:so - my question to those who see this - what were you doing that you could not go to the page, deoposit/withdraw, and ... done. ?
if there is a problem i'll fix it, but i do not believe there is...

I guess it makes sense - for the bank at least. However, it's a pain in the neck on other pages when you're doing other things as well. I load up the armory, do other things waiting for it to load, go back having done nothing else on the game, and try to repair a weapon, and get told I can't. Charming.

Same thing also goes for bank, I guess, a little, and much more for training etc.
sdb

Okay, I understand the idea, and it all seems fine, except....

Why should I not be able to load the armory or whatever, and then not repair if it's more than a minute later? I understand not doing a straight refresh, but it doesn't make sense to block me repairing my weapons with a message telling me to do something. After all, I was trying to do something...
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

code limitations....
refresh is in effect a push of the button <x minutes> after the page is loaded... at least that is how the server sees it...
the other option is to allow everyone with an auto-refresh on their browser and thier own net connection to auto-bank naq while nobody else gets to...

think of it as best of 2 evils ;)

sdb wrote:Okay, I understand the idea, and it all seems fine, except....

Why should I not be able to load the armory or whatever, and then not repair if it's more than a minute later? I understand not doing a straight refresh, but it doesn't make sense to block me repairing my weapons with a message telling me to do something. After all, I was trying to do something...
sdb

Forum wrote:code limitations....
refresh is in effect a push of the button <x minutes> after the page is loaded... at least that is how the server sees it...

Well, just drawing on my own experience of web programming...

Have it bypass the 'loitering' check on certain button presses (such as the 'fully repair' buttons in the armoury).

Before checking for loitering, see if the client is doing something that makes sense - for example, banking equal-to-or-less-than the naquada that was currently available when that page was loaded (stored in a hidden form control, or in the session state info - if you're using sessions). You could also check that this isn't a 'refresh' by including a state in a hidden form control on the bank page. I'd be happy to discuss the possibilities further by email, AIM/MSN/ICQ/whatever, or whatever - PM me if you like.
RepliJake
Forum Addict
Alliance: JURY IS OUT MISTRAIL
ID: 5242

And it makes sense for it to be on the armoury and the training page because, people can set it to refresh after buying a weapon, which would buy 1 everytime it refreshed, and they could upgrade unit production everytime it refreshed.... and when there was enough naquadah, It's actually very clever, really happy with this addition :)
WeaponX wrote:i quit the game, good luck trying to extort resources out of me you jackasses
REK wrote:
GunZ wrote:Eat me
I hate **Filtered**
intel

Ive been having the same problems with the loitering screen. When i deposit the naquadah that is on the deposit slot it shows a loitering warning and it is the same amount in the depost it slot that there was before. Also there is a problem in my armory page too. I buy an item with more than enough "money" and it brings up the loitering screen. After it refreshes i have the same amount of money as before. (In the bank insident noone has stolen money from me after refresh and the number in the slot matches the number held in hand.)

forgive_me wrote:
guest wrote:i had a million and wouldnt let me deposit and didnt tell me nothing and my naq was stolen while tryimg to deposit.

well now isent dat a LIE....it only deposits the amount u have(actualy) or a amound smaler than that........if u are using browsers that autorefresh.........well newsflash...it dose not work anymore....that wass why it didnt banked your naq...u are tring to deposit more than u have....and u can only do this if u are trying to autodeposit the naq income.....

got it guys.......

Wong, I was about to get a new spy level lmao.

forgive_me wrote:
guest wrote:i had a million and wouldnt let me deposit and didnt tell me nothing and my naq was stolen while tryimg to deposit.

well now isent dat a LIE....it only deposits the amount u have(actualy) or a amound smaler than that........if u are using browsers that autorefresh.........well newsflash...it dose not work anymore....that wass why it didnt banked your naq...u are tring to deposit more than u have....and u can only do this if u are trying to autodeposit the naq income.....

got it guys.......
Oh, And I do not cheat. or I wouldnt be at this rank lol.....

forgive_me wrote:

got it guys.......
and how would i have a million in naq to deposit if i were using refresh lol . kinda hard to get a million naq over night with income lol.

when your browser loads slow especialy if your on dial-up and finaly gets loaded then try to repair\buy\train\deposit\withdraw and that loads slow it causes it to to say loidering to, my officers been complaining about that. luckily i don't have that oblem.

sdb wrote:
Forum wrote:code limitations....

Well, just drawing on my own experience of web programming...

Have it bypass the 'loitering' check on certain button presses (such as the 'fully repair' buttons in the armoury).

Before checking for loitering, see if the client is doing something that makes sense - for example, banking equal-to-or-less-than the naquada that was currently available when that page was loaded (stored in a hidden form control, or in the session state info - if you're using sessions). You could also check that this isn't a 'refresh' by including a state in a hidden form control on the bank page. I'd be happy to discuss the possibilities further by email, AIM/MSN/ICQ/whatever, or whatever - PM me if you like.

aouto refreshing repairing is illegal to, cause u can just have it constantly refresh so if someone attacks u you wont be wore down.
Spykie
Fledgling Forumer

Anonymous wrote:and how would i have a million in naq to deposit if i were using refresh lol . kinda hard to get a million naq over night with income lol.

Is it? Not really hard...
forgive_me
Forum Irregular
ID: 0

Spykie wrote:
Anonymous wrote:and how would i have a million in naq to deposit if i were using refresh lol . kinda hard to get a million naq over night with income lol.

Is it? Not really hard...

let him dream on....:).....

its a security mesure...

Return to “Bugs Archive”