Decrease in Offensive Capabilites

forgive_me
Forum Irregular
ID: 0

rdb wrote:I don't have as many weapons as most of you probably but I'm a reppy and I don't now about the higher ranked ones but I noticed almost no difference in my strength so Replicators and Goa'uld may not have benifited as much as some of you think.

Also the reason why you didn't notice your defence going up much is because you have way more offensive weapons than defensive weapons for Tauri and vice versa for Asgard

I could be wrong though
u are corect...i have a lot of weapons...and didnt get that much power....its not even a importent change for the goauld and reply.....the recio at us is about 1+ weapon for every 30......at least that is wath i saw .....
scben
Fledgling Forumer

forgive_me wrote:well this mite make the game a little more balenced.....or not...will just have to wait and se....

why is it that this is balancing the game when clearly the g and r have the advantage already it u look at the top rankings this horrible disadvantage is not hurting u at all is it. what has happened it that now the tauri and asgards get screwed once again.
scben
Fledgling Forumer

rdb wrote:I don't have as many weapons as most of you probably but I'm a reppy and I don't now about the higher ranked ones but I noticed almost no difference in my strength so Replicators and Goa'uld may not have benifited as much as some of you think.

Also the reason why you didn't notice your defence going up much is because you have way more offensive weapons than defensive weapons for Tauri and vice versa for Asgard

I could be wrong though

thats the point ours are getting really skewed while everyone else is staying the same and the rep and gouald are benefiting from the loss of attack by tauri and def by the asgards
forgive_me
Forum Irregular

scben wrote:
forgive_me wrote:well this mite make the game a little more balenced.....or not...will just have to wait and se....

why is it that this is balancing the game when clearly the g and r have the advantage already it u look at the top rankings this horrible disadvantage is not hurting u at all is it. what has happened it that now the tauri and asgards get screwed once again.
if u loock at the top 10 actualy a new TAURI has enterd...not goauld or replicator.....
scben
Fledgling Forumer

if u look at the first page overall then u see the difference in the number of each race 5 asgards 5 tauri 11 gouald 3 rep and take in to account for the number of each race playin in the game
GOA'ULD ASGARD REPLICATORS TAURI
Total Realms 1777 1705 782 2563
forgive_me
Forum Irregular

scben wrote:if u look at the first page overall then u see the difference in the number of each race 5 asgards 5 tauri 11 gouald 3 rep and take in to account for the number of each race playin in the game
GOA'ULD ASGARD REPLICATORS TAURI
Total Realms 1777 1705 782 2563

one question....did u even botherd to count this befor the upgreads?...i enterd top 15 befor the upgreads......frue a lot of attacks and a good plan...the race didnt helpt me a lot to get there....
scben
Fledgling Forumer

i didn't mean for it to sound like the only reason y u are there is because the game is screwing us over its just that if this is balance everything out there should be more tauri and asgaurds.
forgive_me
Forum Irregular

scben wrote:i didn't mean for it to sound like the only reason y u are there is because the game is screwing us over its just that if this is balance everything out there should be more tauri and asgaurds.
well not necesaraly because of the way they play...as i sad...asgard shoud invest in attack and tauri in defence...and not all in wath the rce gives them bonus to.....;)
scben
Fledgling Forumer

i guess u like it cause it didn't effect your effectiveness very much but for us it did greatly and im having a hard time trying to figure out how this is good for me in the long run. i mean i wanted my attack to be more effective but not at the expense of my defense just as u wouldn't want more def/att in return for what u see as a signifcant loss in covert or naq (don't know if u are replicator or gouald)
forgive_me
Forum Irregular

scben wrote:i guess u like it cause it didn't effect your effectiveness very much but for us it did greatly and im having a hard time trying to figure out how this is good for me in the long run. i mean i wanted my attack to be more effective but not at the expense of my defense just as u wouldn't want more def/att in return for what u see as a signifcant loss in covert or naq (don't know if u are replicator or gouald)
like i sad the last upgread didnt give us any semnificant help....to me personaly...no advantage........this dosent thank asgard and tauri...aldow its not a big thing(wath i think)........next upgread will surely evect the relicators....someting like attacks that kill spys...:D

forgive_me wrote:the race didnt helpt me a lot to get there....
YOU GET EXTRA NAQUADAH!

How does this not help you!? I don't care what kind of player you are, more naquadah HELPS! If you're an offensive, defensive, or covert player it's all about naquadah!

And you get 25% more than all of us! And now these recent series of updates have only helped secure the spots (by hurting us) that you have gained through your bonus.
Esker
Forum Irregular
Race: System Lord
ID: 4507

^ That was me. (Guest post? I thought those were gone...)
compmage
Moderation Wizard
Race: Daimon
ID: 5149

Honours and Awards

Esker wrote:^ That was me. (Guest post? I thought those were gone...)

Only 'gone' on some of the boards, not all.
Posting as General Mod

In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry, and is generally considered to have been a bad move.
- Douglas Adams
chunkysoup
Forum Intermediate

Alright so let me get this straight... for the longest time you guys (Tauri and Asgard) have been complaining non-stop about how much it SUCKS that you guys get just a teenie-weenie-bikini of a bonus of your attacks and defense and such a huge, damaging, unfair subtraction from your defense and attack... And now that forum fixes the inbalance a bit to give you a boost to your respectively lacking defenses and attacks... you whine some more. Hmmm... What else do you want him to do? Make your weapons free? Will that satisfy you? He just greatly diminished your one weakness that you've been complaining about for the longest time, while you still have that nice little bonus in your attack/defense (not to mention the 10% of weapons)!!! Stop it already! Jeez
chunkysoup
Forum Intermediate

And yea, if the Goa'uld race is the INCREDIBLY powerful and great and easy to play, and the Tauri race sucks so much and is unfair and unbalanced and worthless, then why is that Tauri still outnumber Goa'uld 2-1??? Why aren't newer players joining as Goa'uld and more importantly, why aren't all you veteran players (that must SURELY realize just how great it is to be a Goa'uld) signed up as Goa'uld in Quantum??? Yea thought so...

Return to “Bugs Archive”