This is not your battle

Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

ok - regards the 'same location' - not really a bug, but if people were both logged in (attacker/defender) when I made the update, the 'same location' message would have been displayed.....
on logout/login it would have been fixed (of course my testing never found this as i logged in to test), but -- just threw a fix in anyways for all those who stay logged in a long time :D
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

my bad King.... see my above post...

King 4 Day wrote:
rasterblaster wrote:
King 4 Day wrote:im getting upset alright cause im the one getting cheated.

Thats ok dude, relax, forum will look into it... could be someone at your work playing (if you play from work) or someone else at your ISP?

I feel for you, but hey, that was just a few attack turns... I just forked out 3.5 million for an upgrade that didnt do anything, and robbie just spen 6.5 million on one that didnt do anything, so you think YOU have problems!

no im in my bedroom and i have a apple g4 mac with a cable modem none else gets on here.
™Fûr¥
Forum Irregular
ID: 0

its ok your just doing the best you can to stop the cheating and thats cool . you still rock lol. just wished it wouldnt have happened when i went for the million naq lol. ok thanks again and tc. :P
Sleipnir
Merriest Mod in the West
ID: 0

Honours and Awards

Re: This is not your battle

drtaz wrote:Not sure if this is the right place to put this and quite frankly don't care as the game (or the game's servers to be more exact) are pissing me off royally.

attacked this guy for 15 turns. had already attacked him so i knew i could. much to my surprise what shows up but "This is not your battle!" I lost the 15 turns and my weapons needed to be repaired. Has anyone else had any annoying things like this happen! the record of it also doesn't show up in my attack log.

As far as I can tell the initial question hasn't been answered. This is a different message, I believe it's what comes up if you attempt to look at a battle report that isn't yours. How it could happen is beyond me.

As soon as you build an idiot proof system, somebody else builds a better idiot.

If it moves, kill it. If it doesn't move, kick it until it does move, and then kill it.
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

Re: This is not your battle

that bug lasted only 20seconds or so....
the way it happens - somebody (not naming names, pleading the fifth, claiming cat on keyboard... ) used the same variable name for 2 distinct things.... the first was the 'whose battling' and the other something totally different... the 2nd thing stored in the variable over-wrote the first .... doh. think it was the shortest lived bug ever though :)

Sleipnir wrote:
drtaz wrote:Not sure if this is the right place to put this and quite frankly don't care as the game (or the game's servers to be more exact) are pissing me off royally.

attacked this guy for 15 turns. had already attacked him so i knew i could. much to my surprise what shows up but "This is not your battle!" I lost the 15 turns and my weapons needed to be repaired. Has anyone else had any annoying things like this happen! the record of it also doesn't show up in my attack log.

As far as I can tell the initial question hasn't been answered. This is a different message, I believe it's what comes up if you attempt to look at a battle report that isn't yours. How it could happen is beyond me.
drtaz

ah gak. this the so called luck of the irish!?! pah. it's just my luck to get hit with a 20 second bug :(

sorry for the big rant, the thing about having such a cool game is that everyone wants to play it and the servers get swamped i suppose :p cheers for anwering my question, at least i don't have to fear that kinda thing happening again.

Return to “Bugs Archive”