Ombudsman Case Archives
Field Marshall
Forum Zombie

Re: Renegadez Ban by ~Empy

Dr. House wrote:
~Thamuz~ wrote:
stuff of legends wrote:Our thread has alot of spam in it then :-k

Ironically alot of it is from Empy too. :roll:

Incidentally I can see why you guys are getting warned for spam left and right. :-k

Now, stop spamming, or get warned here too. :smt075

This is my point Dr.House, is that an offical warning? It's not very transparent! I would presume that it is an offical warning when something goes wrong!

My other major concern is ALL our warning are coming from ~Empy. Who was massed recently for reasons outside of the forums and whose old alliance we are at war with! It just feels like we are being a little vindicated against...which makes me sad [-(

...this isn't going anywhere is it? Damn, you guys are stuck in your old ways! Defend your own and blast the rest!
Sol wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?

I think this is sig worthy in fact.
:o my first sigging. I sigged you too. <3
High Empty wrote:however people shouldn't have lvl 33 and 200mil spies and try to be in the top 10, it's unhealthy.
Jack
Evil Reincarnated
Alliance: The Empire
Race: Dragonborn
ID: 6475

It's weird getting accused of defending Empy while he unfairly mods spam. Image

Field Marshall wrote:This is my point Dr.House, is that an offical warning? It's not very transparent! I would presume that it is an offical warning when something goes wrong!

Is what an official warning? Image

Field Marshall wrote:My other major concern is ALL our warning are coming from ~Empy. Who was massed recently for reasons outside of the forums and whose old alliance we are at war with! It just feels like we are being a little vindicated against...which makes me sad [-(

I haven't seen anything to suggest any form of bias whatsoever. Image
Ya'll acting like you know what monster is
Me have 25 years in the monster biz
All monsters think you can fuss with this
Well you can talk to me Snuffleupagus
Me sneak into your house, me leave before dawn
Your daughters will be pregnant and your cookies will be gone
Malx wrote:Make kids not cancer!
Field Marshall
Forum Zombie

Dr. House wrote:Is what an official warning?

Dr. House wrote:Now, stop spamming, or get warned here too. :smt075

You are warning people about getting a warning, does that constitute an official/verbal warning? Could you then go ahead and ban somebody in relation to that?

As for the bias - how about the reason I gave, I do not see mH members being targetted, only TL members. Maybe coincidence yes, but that is why the Ombudsman is here? No?
Sol wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?

High Empty wrote:however people shouldn't have lvl 33 and 200mil spies and try to be in the top 10, it's unhealthy.
Jack
Evil Reincarnated
Alliance: The Empire
Race: Dragonborn
ID: 6475

Well TL members seem to have an issue with controlling themselves. They are even spamming this thread. However, I haven't seen any members of mH post here, let alone spam the thread. Considering that, do you think that perhaps the reason that mH members are not getting warned as much as TL is because they are behaving themselves better? I do.

Field Marshall wrote:You are warning people about getting a warning, does that constitute an official/verbal warning? Could you then go ahead and ban somebody in relation to that?

It's an official verbal warning, which can turn into an official hard warning which can turn into an official banning.
Ya'll acting like you know what monster is
Me have 25 years in the monster biz
All monsters think you can fuss with this
Well you can talk to me Snuffleupagus
Me sneak into your house, me leave before dawn
Your daughters will be pregnant and your cookies will be gone
Malx wrote:Make kids not cancer!
deni
The Initiate
Alliance: THE DARK DOMINIUM
Race: Goddess
ID: 75493

Honours and Awards

Without making a comment about the warning in question yet, I would like to point out, that warnings given to users are not made public.

Thus the perception of who has been warned or not is scewed by the fact, that only the warned users themselves can give you that info.

Having looked over the warnings made in the last 7 days, only 2 out of 14 warnings were given to TLE members.

This hardly constitutes "bias" against TLE members, so I would like to ask all involved to stop to imply or discussed who might be biased or not, but focus on the current warning instead and discuss if Rene made a warnable offense or not.

Thank you.

(And for the record: mH members were warned in the last week aswell.)

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to
Field Marshall
Forum Zombie

Dr. House wrote:Well TL members seem to have an issue with controlling themselves. They are even spamming this thread. However, I haven't seen any members of mH post here, let alone spam the thread. Considering that, do you think that perhaps the reason that mH members are not getting warned as much as TL is because they are behaving themselves better? I do.

Field Marshall wrote:You are warning people about getting a warning, does that constitute an official/verbal warning? Could you then go ahead and ban somebody in relation to that?

It's an official verbal warning, which can turn into an official hard warning which can turn into an official banning.

Ok, so you can effectively ban them from that. In that case, I'd argue that there is a lack of transparency there. Nevertheless, it's time to let it go.

Thanks for your input. I would like to say for the record, policies and proceedures for banning somebody should be clearer. I did not know that if you mention anything about abwarning you could get banned. It may be common sense to you, we are however mere mortals with a lesser intellect then yourselves, that is why we are not mods.

I understand why he was banned and though I do not agree with the process, that is how they say hard luck. It was done in a way that was in my opinion that would get somebody banned instead of observing the thread. I do not see the requirement for vindicating TL members in particular. The only reason you see this is because we are forum active and like to engage the community in positive debate.

We have learnt something and I hope you have also. It would be a shame if you could not accept criticism. The mods are not there as Renegade said to begin prempting spam but as a deterent when it occurs. It brings only ill feeling an makes people want to aim their anger at that instead!

I have wrote this on my phone...so apologies in advance for errors! ;)

FM out.
Sol wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?

Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

out of the 8500ish users on this forum (of whom 1000-1500 are active), only 126 have warnings within the last 6 months... of those only 44 have more than one warning... banning only occurs in two circumstances 3, 6 or 9 warnings and exceptional circumstances (very rare)...
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...
Jim
Pony Princess
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Asgard
ID: 45162
Alternate name(s): Bucephalus
Kishin

Feild Marshall, im a good friend of Rene and im afraid to say the banning was completely correct. Warnings work like this:

If you accumulate 3 warnings in 6 months you will be banned for 2 weeks. It doesnt matter what the 3rd warning was for; as long as its a warning you will be banned.
Similarly if you get warned 6 times you will be banned for another 2 weeks and warned 9 times you will be permenently banned. Even if the 9th warning is for a minor offense you will still be banned.

I havnt looked deeply into the warning given but i assure you it is mod policy to consider replys to "STOP SPAMMING!" as spam. It is unfortunate that Rene's mistake lead to a ban but it was right for empy to give a warning.

As rene's friend i would rather he didnt get banned but it seems the rules are not on his side. Sorry ;)

Much love
Rocky
Tollan
Alliance: The Legion
Race: Italian Stallion

not that i don't like empy, but his post was even more off topic and spam. Why didn't he get warned? apart from being a global mod... :-s
TL vs mH
ImageImage
TL vs DDE
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
TL vs mH + DDE
ImageImageImageImage
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Reitha

Honours and Awards

which post? link please?
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Rocky
Tollan

TL vs mH
ImageImage
TL vs DDE
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
TL vs mH + DDE
ImageImageImageImage
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Reitha

Honours and Awards

we cannot see anything wrong with either of his posts in that thread...

~Thamuz~
Forum Expert

Zeratul wrote:which post? link please?

Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:
Rocky wrote:he means stealing as in he brokered fericide the naq but never got the money for it.
Not that i know exactly what happened,
*runs out of thread*
Ya you better run! Punk! Get off my lawn!!! (jk)

Preemptive. Anyone in TL (or anyone for that matter) tries to spam in this topic (considering Feri is in MaYHeM) and I'll have your head!!!

~Empy

This is the post Rocky is taliking about, Empy clearly spams then goes into Mod colour and warns about spamming that hasn't happened yet. Even without the spam he surely should of put anyone tries to spam this topic which would have covered everyone from TL instead he put "Anyone in TL", then as an after thought puts "or anyone for that matter." If that was done to anybody of a different colour, race or creed it would be thought of as racism. ~T~
Rocky
Tollan

the point is his post was totally off topic and thus spam according to your rules
his mod action is a mod action not to be commented on and thus not part of his post, it is just a warning.

Therefore either you see it as part of his post being spam or the whole topic depending on which definition we go by.

lastly his warning was unwarranted because no one in TL had spammed up the place.

Rene was warned for a post that was also partially spam and offtopic.
Therefore logic would suggest Empy should also be warned for his spam post, as a matter of consistency. Why be lenient to him and not to Rene?
TL vs mH
ImageImage
TL vs DDE
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
TL vs mH + DDE
ImageImageImageImage
BenjaminMS
Tollan
Alliance: ~Leaf Village~
Race: Balancer
ID: 1907529
Alternate name(s): TUHD (Bioware forums)
Location: Stuck between real life and the other end of a Stargate

~Thamuz~ wrote:
Zeratul wrote:which post? link please?

Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:
Rocky wrote:he means stealing as in he brokered fericide the naq but never got the money for it.
Not that i know exactly what happened,
*runs out of thread*
Ya you better run! Punk! Get off my lawn!!! (jk)

Preemptive. Anyone in TL (or anyone for that matter) tries to spam in this topic (considering Feri is in MaYHeM) and I'll have your head!!!

~Empy

This is the post Rocky is taliking about, Empy clearly spams then goes into Mod colour and warns about spamming that hasn't happened yet. Even without the spam he surely should of put anyone tries to spam this topic which would have covered everyone from TL instead he put "Anyone in TL", then as an after thought puts "or anyone for that matter." If that was done to anybody of a different colour, race or creed it would be thought of as racism. ~T~

My thoughts for the moment...
1) Yes, Rene's warning was fair. Why Rene replied to that I dunno, but it was kinda stupid #-o
2) Empy's post... first half was spam too. So by the rules Empy should be warned for his post too #-o
3) About bias... I've got a bucketfull about that, but that's for another time and topic

Edit: furthermore, I believe Rene also got warned by Empy earlier on in the GC topic while Empy just tore the post apart (both with me and Rene), so despite the fact that Rene didn't appeal it yet, shouldn't you be a bit more prudent with it?
Last edited by BenjaminMS on Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Currently ingame known as BenMS

Goblin: "I like your boots."
Sorcerer: "That's because you don't have any. The emotion is called envy."
Spoiler
/smile at the green grass,
smile at the sun,
smile at the roses,
before they're gone/

BenjaminMS - 'A thief of roses'
[TL] Renegadze zegt:
yeah definately makes more sense you hitting
and I have no DMU as you keep robbing it
MERC 1 zegt:
shuld not leave it out
any way you cant prove nothing
[TL] Michael/BenjaminMS zegt:
meh Rene, just find a few 0-def farms with 300+ tril DMU out...
MERC 1 zegt:
cool you two take it then i will hit you

Return to “Case Archives”