Officers and Plague

What do you want to see in the game? what can be improved? any suggestions welcome here...
Rodwolf
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: System Lord
ID: 1920808
Alternate name(s): *Het Licht Van Weleer - ID 1992112

Re: Officers and Plague

I do not see anymore benefits in any update that limits your army size or 'strenghtens' the plague.

Why?

Becaus armysize is linked to your UP, which is a stat on it's own. And I believe everyone should be able to build his account in the best way possible considering stats. I do not see a limitation on Motherships, Attack, Defence, covert, Anti-covert around so either you put limits on all of those or on neither.

Why bother playing this game if you can't be the best at it or on some field?

Limiting armysize is only a good update for people who like to mass so they dont lose that much advantage towards people who rather build stats and sit around peacefull. Everyone can have his own gamestyle in this game so that's why I'm personally against limiting armysizes further.
Meh...
Tekki
Forum Addict
ID: 0

Slayer, I’m not seeing what the issue is?

At plague – when a player presumably IS big enough to stand on their own two feet - the bonus in UP they get from officers disappears. Their own UP keeps going, as do their planets but any extra UP bonus from officers disappears.

Or are you saying Slayer, that someone is who approx 500million army size can’t stand on their own?
Spoiler
Initial masser on Field Marshal's 120t defence and on Rodwolf's 177t defence.

The forces of Rodwolf fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 178,947,245,996,720 damage on Tekki's forces!

The forces of Rodwolf fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 3 damage on Tekki's forces!
Jedi~Tank wrote:@ADMINS- ALL ADMINS, this is the absolute worst game forum I have ever seen (this sentiment is shared by many) It is amazing how ya;ll can go from good job to complete garbage in no time at all.

Jedi~Tank
A sentiment I can agree with, except some of them have never done a good job. For further details, PM me INGAME Id 9095.
---
Spoiler
Image Image
Image Image
stuff of legends
Forum Expert
Alliance: The Legion

Rodwolf wrote: I do not see a limitation on Motherships, Attack, Defence, covert, Anti-covert around so either you put limits on all of those or on neither.

Alrighty then, we can just make buying UU exponentially costly and all methods to it, so as it should be, you rely SOLELY on your UP getting you from scratch.

There is no limitation, it just gets costly, whether it be naq or UU.
Dubby_CompGamerGeek2
Forum Addict
Alliance: TÅTS / TÅF
Race: Magnificent
ID: 83588
Alternate name(s): >> Skype: IrishHighlanders <<
Dublin Warrior, Dubby, Dubs, DW, CGG, DCGG2.
Paul, Paulie Boy!, Paulie, PAULIE!!!, PAULIE BOY!!!, Paul James, etc.

Tekki wrote:Slayer, I’m not seeing what the issue is?

At plague – when a player presumably IS big enough to stand on their own two feet - the bonus in UP they get from officers disappears. Their own UP keeps going, as do their planets but any extra UP bonus from officers disappears.

Or are you saying Slayer, that someone is who approx 500million army size can’t stand on their own?

actually, that does bring up the following memory:

Midnight Masochist, (now facepie)
id=10526

race: unascended Goa'uld.

army size: pushing toward plague...
previously well above plague before Middy sold the units and left...
Tekki
Forum Addict

Dubby_CompGamerGeek2 wrote:
Tekki wrote:Slayer, I’m not seeing what the issue is?

actually, that does bring up the following memory:

Midnight Masochist, (now facepie)
id=10526

race: unascended Goa'uld.

army size: pushing toward plague...
previously well above plague before Middy sold the units and left...

And what does that have to do with anything? he's unascended so can't fight?

Sorry Dubby, I'm just not sure where you are going with this.

This suggestion isn't to make people stop going above plague, it's to reduce some of the bonus UP in effect at that level. Below plague, officers and all that still good. Above plague, you have enough trouble controlling your own troops to be able to have officer UP contributing - or something like that in a RP setting.
Spoiler
Initial masser on Field Marshal's 120t defence and on Rodwolf's 177t defence.

The forces of Rodwolf fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 178,947,245,996,720 damage on Tekki's forces!

The forces of Rodwolf fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 3 damage on Tekki's forces!
Jedi~Tank wrote:@ADMINS- ALL ADMINS, this is the absolute worst game forum I have ever seen (this sentiment is shared by many) It is amazing how ya;ll can go from good job to complete garbage in no time at all.

Jedi~Tank
A sentiment I can agree with, except some of them have never done a good job. For further details, PM me INGAME Id 9095.
---
Spoiler
Image Image
Image Image
Rodwolf
Forum Intermediate

stuff of legends wrote:
Rodwolf wrote: I do not see a limitation on Motherships, Attack, Defence, covert, Anti-covert around so either you put limits on all of those or on neither.

Alrighty then, we can just make buying UU exponentially costly and all methods to it, so as it should be, you rely SOLELY on your UP getting you from scratch.

I think it's possible to make the multiples for UP more expensive. But no idea how to make the buying (between players) harder or more expensive. You still have raiding aswell.
Meh...
stuff of legends
Forum Expert

Rodwolf wrote:
stuff of legends wrote:

I think it's possible to make the multiples for UP more expensive. But no idea how to make the buying (between players) harder or more expensive. You still have raiding aswell.

Everything is slowly limited to people, covert/anti lvls, mothership powers etc, by limited i mean are you going to pay 3.2 quad for the covert level 40? Same reasoning for the plague, would you like to spend another 3 quad on your UP so you can get a few more mill UU? Admin doesnt stop growth he merely makes it grind to an *almost* halt. Same applies to plague it is in a sense limited. Plague should, slowly, grind to a halt, but after a certain someone decided to prove its pointlessness by over doubling the plague limit it clearly wasnt the case.
Getting a bit offtopic here anyway.

Rodwolf wrote:Why bother playing this game if you can't be the best at it or on some field?

You should lose your officers, its a good idea, and why not, if you want to be the best at something YOU SHOULD HAVE TO WORK HARD TO GET TO IT and not buy your way to the top, simple way of life, you dont pass a hard subjects exam at the end of the year by buying a pill and inhaling it, you have to study your sorry ass off.

I have yet to know of a user that can honestly say they have bet the plague without buying their account, UU or naq, and without the help of others. If such a person existed then they can be the measure for the plague. I would assume if such a person has achieved that then they would have to farm everyday to build their UP and likewise with officers to keep them afloat. But since this is hardly the case why should the ones that can buy the most be the measure? This is based around a free game.

What would be more funnier though, than your officers leaving, is for your ascended being "leaving" your main account because you are too mighty and can fight without the help of bonuses.
Ashu
Michael Westen
Alliance: TAF
Race: Human
ID: 81691

Honours and Awards

Rodwolf wrote:
stuff of legends wrote:

Making UP more expensive would also make Ascending even more costly, which is already a drag for most people that do it. Was there anyone that enjoyed ascending?
Bias Admin colour
Rodwolf
Forum Intermediate

stuff of legends wrote: You should lose your officers, its a good idea, and why not, if you want to be the best at something YOU SHOULD HAVE TO WORK HARD TO GET TO IT and not buy your way to the top, simple way of life, you dont pass a hard subjects exam at the end of the year by buying a pill and inhaling it, you have to study your sorry ass off.

That's no good reason at all to delete the officer's UP becaus every thing or stat can be build up by those things (Motherships, fleets, TOC on ascended). Going to limit those aswell to a point where everyone should have the same? Guess not, so invalid point on your behalf.
Meh...
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

Malx wrote:
Rodwolf wrote:
stuff of legends wrote:

Making UP more expensive would also make Ascending even more costly, which is already a drag for most people that do it. Was there anyone that enjoyed ascending?
Rodwolf didn't actually say make UP more expensive from the start. The max ascension currently requires 200k (if I remember correctly). Anyone with a 200k RAW would likely be struggling to cope with the plague because 200k RAW would give them 220k total, if they had 10 UP planets maxed out it would take it up to 1.2m which is still less than what the plague kills per day, and then they'd need officers to benefit from it.

So what I'm getting at is the UP expense increase that Rodwolf suggested could start at lets say 300k RAW because not many these days would go above 200k RAW if they intended to ascend.

Therefore it would not make ascending more costly.

P.S. I kind of enjoyed ascending, except for the last few and that's only because they weren't meant to exist.
Image ImageImageImage
Rodwolf
Forum Intermediate

Clarkey wrote:
Malx wrote:
Rodwolf wrote:
stuff of legends wrote:

Rodwolf didn't actually say make UP more expensive from the start. The max ascension currently requires 200k (if I remember correctly). Anyone with a 200k RAW would likely be struggling to cope with the plague because 200k RAW would give them 220k total, if they had 10 UP planets maxed out it would take it up to 1.2m which is still less than what the plague kills per day, and then they'd need officers to benefit from it.

So what I'm getting at is the UP expense increase that Rodwolf suggested could start at lets say 300k RAW because not many these days would go above 200k RAW if they intended to ascend.

Therefore it would not make ascending more costly.

P.S. I kind of enjoyed ascending, except for the last few and that's only because they weren't meant to exist.

That's correct, the multiples already get more expensive the further you go. Could aswell make it exponential costlier above the ascended requirements to make those extra expensive.
Meh...
stuff of legends
Forum Expert

Rodwolf wrote: becaus every thing or stat can be build up by those things (Motherships, fleets, TOC on ascended).

what?

Rodwolf wrote:Going to limit those aswell to a point where everyone should have the same? Guess not, so invalid point on your behalf.

They always have been. And not everyone takes the same path, is everyone even near plague? There are a handful over it though, is everyone fully ascended? does everyone have a level 39 covert? If they did, and managed to reach it with some honest farming i would be worried, even so there are still very few people with a lvl 39 covert, or a 4 bill + TOC, plague still retains its uniqueness if you want to even allow that.
Removing officers because the plague is meant to grind people to a halt, and not when they are 300 mill or so over it. You should be able to survive on your own, not via plastic. Apart from the RP behind the idea it has merit as well.
Rodwolf
Forum Intermediate

stuff of legends wrote:
Rodwolf wrote: becaus every thing or stat can be build up by those things (Motherships, fleets, TOC on ascended).

what?

$
Meh...

Return to “Game Suggestions”