A question

MEZZANINE
Forum Addict
Alliance: Forgotten Serenity
Race: System Lord
ID: 81691

Re: A question

Semper wrote:Well.. you can't get treatment for it. Saying to get treatment for sexual feelings for children is no different than saying a homosexual should get psychiatric help. :D

I pretty sure they do treat Peado's, counseling, drugs, association therapy etc

And it's not the same as Homo's, there is a BIG difference between the sexual orientation of consenting adults who do no harm to anyone else and Child abuse.

Spoiler
Attack Mercs Killed (30) 459,329,001
Defence Mercs Killed (10) 2,918,478,517
Attack Soldiers Killed(60) 12,677,958
Defence Soldiers Killed(20) 226,236,488
Attack Super Soldiers Killed(300) 490,627,262
Defence Super Soldiers Killed(100) 4,131,482,551
Spies Killed(50) 4,256,505,842
Spy Killers Killed(50) 651,022,448
Mothership Weapons Destroyed(300) 35,583,034
Mothership Shields Destroyed(300) 39,498,511
Mothership Fleets Destroyed(200) 2,413,254
Planet Defences Destroyed(300) 358,539
Planets Taken(5000) 411
Naquadah Stolen(0.0001) 2,355,738,435,154,805
Untrained Kidnapped(50) 5,943,886,456
Weapon Points Destroyed (Sab+Att)(0.0001) 74,293,522,376,607
Attack Turns Used(1) 1,731,971
Psyko
The Irresistible
ID: 0

Semper wrote:Well.. you can't get treatment for it. Saying to get treatment for sexual feelings for children is no different than saying a homosexual should get psychiatric help. :D

Well...there is chemical castration. :-k
愛美
Section Admin of
General and the GC
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Psyko wrote:
And amputation of hands, eyes, tongue and mind? Missed the boat. Treatment does not exist. Solitary confinement is an idea. ;)
Psyko
The Irresistible

Julietta Putina wrote:
Psyko wrote:
And amputation of hands, eyes, tongue and mind? Missed the boat. Treatment does not exist. Solitary confinement is an idea. ;)

I'd support house arrest with restricted access to cable and the internet over solitary confinement.
愛美
Section Admin of
General and the GC
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Psyko wrote:
Julietta Putina wrote:
Psyko wrote:

I'd support house arrest with restricted access to cable and the internet over solitary confinement.
Swing from corporal punishment to a pretty room? That was fast.. :P
Psyko
The Irresistible

Julietta Putina wrote:
Psyko wrote:
Julietta Putina wrote:
Psyko wrote:

Swing from corporal punishment to a pretty room? That was fast.. :P

I said chemical castration was an option, not that I supported its use.
愛美
Section Admin of
General and the GC
Drought
Forum Expert

the fact the guy is needing someone else to confide in is telling me he is regressing and needs someone to spill his gutts too to relinquish himself of the growing fear in his head of the ever growing disturbing thoughts, making him feel better when you do not do anything with it, as its likely to tell the guy, 'its not all that bad'

I would advice a shrink, and if he doesnt accept, I would tell the propper authorities to have him checked out
a guy working with kids telling you how he is sexually interrested in them, but been able to restrain himself so far.
you would be an idiot not to undertake actions.
a very bad hairdo
semper
The sharp-tongued devil you can't seem to forget...
Race: God

MEZZANINE wrote:

I pretty sure they do treat Peado's, counseling, drugs, association therapy etc

And it's not the same as Homo's, there is a BIG difference between the sexual orientation of consenting adults who do no harm to anyone else and Child abuse.

They treat the ones that are morbidly engrossed in their sexuality and/or have undertaken deviant means of pursuing it the same as they would heterosexual rapist's who pursue their sexuality in deviant ways. Regular peados just go to jail for acting upon their desires same as any old rapist except they get the honour of going on a list as well so they feel extra special.

You're also being fairly ignorant here Mezz. You're saying ALL peado's are criminals.. homo's were no different 50/60 years ago in the eyes of society/law... whilst actually only the ones who act upon it are theoretically criminals.. otherwise it's just a base sexual desire same as being attracted to men or women, homo, hetero... ancient times it wasn't a huge problem to have fun with younger children, same as it was accepted being a homosexual. Who's to say in 50/60 years time from now paedophilia won't be an accepted sexuality?

Of course it's not the general norm.. same with people who are homosexual or interested in bestiality and there will always be people who will try and seek professional help to overcome it and there will always be a money grabbing psychologist there to oblige.. but it won't do nothing.. it's just a con right now as they don't even know how these feelings develop. Is it nature or nurture? TBA i'm told...
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
Started Playing: April 2005
Honours (5): Hall of Fame 2009. Annual Awards Host 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Winner (12): RP'er of the Year 2008, Runner Up Poster of the Year 2008, Debater of the Year 2008, War of the Year 2008, Poster of the Year 2009, Alliance of the Year 2009 (Nemesis Sect, Creator), Alliance War of the Year 2009 (Nempire vs Mayhem, Instigator), RP'er Runner Up 2009, Knew You'd Be Back 2010, Conflict of the Decade (FUALL v TF), Conflict of the Decade Runner Up (Ga vs TF), Alliance of the Decade (TDD).
Nominated (8): Writer of the year 2007, Avatar of the Year 2007, Poster of the Year 2007, Villain of the Year 2008, Player Sig 2008, Race Player of the Year 2009, Most Missed 2010, Alliance Leadership 2010, Most Missed 2011.
Commands (3): Supreme System Lord 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012. System Lord Council 2006 - present. Dark Lord and Emperor of the Nempire 2009 - 2011.
Alliances (9): DDE, EA, OSL, TFUR, DDEII, AI, RM, WoB, Nemesis.
Forum Roles (4): Former Misc GM, Race Mod (Goa'uld), Debate forum patriarch and mod.
RepliMagni
Forum Addict
Alliance: Loner :P
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 1908448

I think there's another dimension here - you need to look out for number one: cover your own backside. What if he has done something in the past, or does do in the future, and it later comes out that you knew of his predilection?
[KMA]Avenger
Forum Zombie
Location: Borehamwood Elstree, England, 2 mins from George Lucas Studios.

Forgetting what i wrote earlier, and being a bit more direct...prevention is better than dealing with the aftermath.
If they confide in me i would report them. i couldn't live with myself if i knew beforehand and did nothing trusting they would not act on their sick fantasy. there's also the point that RepliMagni brings up, that they could well have already acted on their fantasy.

Infinite Love Is the Only Truth: Everything Else Is Illusion.

-David Icke
semper
The sharp-tongued devil you can't seem to forget...
Race: God

RepliMagni wrote:I think there's another dimension here - you need to look out for number one: cover your own backside. What if he has done something in the past, or does do in the future, and it later comes out that you knew of his predilection?

Indeed.
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
Started Playing: April 2005
Honours (5): Hall of Fame 2009. Annual Awards Host 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Winner (12): RP'er of the Year 2008, Runner Up Poster of the Year 2008, Debater of the Year 2008, War of the Year 2008, Poster of the Year 2009, Alliance of the Year 2009 (Nemesis Sect, Creator), Alliance War of the Year 2009 (Nempire vs Mayhem, Instigator), RP'er Runner Up 2009, Knew You'd Be Back 2010, Conflict of the Decade (FUALL v TF), Conflict of the Decade Runner Up (Ga vs TF), Alliance of the Decade (TDD).
Nominated (8): Writer of the year 2007, Avatar of the Year 2007, Poster of the Year 2007, Villain of the Year 2008, Player Sig 2008, Race Player of the Year 2009, Most Missed 2010, Alliance Leadership 2010, Most Missed 2011.
Commands (3): Supreme System Lord 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012. System Lord Council 2006 - present. Dark Lord and Emperor of the Nempire 2009 - 2011.
Alliances (9): DDE, EA, OSL, TFUR, DDEII, AI, RM, WoB, Nemesis.
Forum Roles (4): Former Misc GM, Race Mod (Goa'uld), Debate forum patriarch and mod.
Rudy Peña
Forum Addict
Alternate name(s): Wrath of Achilles

RepliMagni wrote:I think there's another dimension here - you need to look out for number one: cover your own backside. What if he has done something in the past, or does do in the future, and it later comes out that you knew of his predilection?

1, If you know about it and it turns out he did it in the past, you wont get in trouble. You didnt know about this feelings before the crime happened, so there is nothing bad about it.

2. If you know about it and he does do the crime......you arnt responsible due to the fact you had no prior knowledge he was going to do it in the future.

He put his trust in you that he was able to finally tell someone who he knows so well and trust you enough to be able to keep it to yourself.

Do you rat out everyone who has that kind of trust in you? No you dont, this is not any different.

You are basically telling anyone and everyone that, if you think it warrants letting the law enforcement know. They will not put there trust in you.
Spoiler
R0B3RT wrote: you are like my wife
you never loose :smt101
Spoiler
Field Marshall wrote:I don't think there is a single member ingame that could take on the lion at the moment. Not a single person...
I'm a brown nose. Sue me.
[KMA]Avenger
Forum Zombie
Location: Borehamwood Elstree, England, 2 mins from George Lucas Studios.

Rudy Pena wrote:
1, If you know about it and it turns out he did it in the past, you wont get in trouble. You didnt know about this feelings before the crime happened, so there is nothing bad about it.

It doesn't matter when you find out about the crime, if you are told of a crime and you don't report it you are guilty after the fact, and if this hypercritical person is caught and it comes to light he told you, you can also be charged with the knowledge and stand trial.

I'm no law expert so i'm heavily relying on those with more knowledge of the law than me, but i can see at least 3 charges for knowing of a serious crime and failing to report it.

Rudy Pena wrote:2. If you know about it and he does do the crime......you arnt responsible due to the fact you had no prior knowledge he was going to do it in the future.

That doesn't really make any sense, or am i misreading/misunderstanding what you have written? :-k

You say, "If you know about it and he does do the crime......you arnt responsible", Yes you are responsible because you had foreknowledge a crime was going to be committed and failed to report it.
In this case you are guilty before the fact, and not reporting it makes you an accomplice.

Here you say "you had no prior knowledge he was going to do it in the future", well, i have to ask the question how can "you know about it and he does do the crime" if "you had no prior knowledge he was going to do it in the future. "?

Regardless, the bottom line is this...whether you find out about a crime before or after the crime has been committed, a crime the police have no knowledge of and you fail to report it before or after the fact makes you every bit as guilty as the perp. knowing before makes you an accomplice and is called, "guilty before the fact". finding out about a crime after the crime has been committed and not reporting it can also make you an accomplice and is called guilty after the fact. both of those are SERIOUS crimes in their own right.

Infinite Love Is the Only Truth: Everything Else Is Illusion.

-David Icke

Return to “General intelligent discussion topics”