Complaint against Haz

Ombudsman Case Archives
Field Marshall
Forum Zombie

Re: Complaint against Haz

T-X wrote:1. 'nez de coq' is a well known French comedic item. Cultural unawareness is no valid reason to back up a warning.
2. 'coqnose' is an intentional change in spelling to prevent using more French (which, as you so elegantly demonstrated, is against the rules), and says 'nez de coq', see 1.
3. The only correct translation for the French word 'coq' is 'rooster'. The phonetic similarity to the English slang is undesirable, but an unfortunate coincidence. Blame William of Normandy, if you must.
4. The verbal warning for 'fermez ta bouche' is extremely valid. In this case, non-English is used without translation.

Also:
Behave. Any non-English without translation hereafter will be awarded a warning.

So in your professional capacity as another competent mod, please can you inform me if you genuinely believe that this is worth of a board warning?

I apologise to this aspect, I meant to carry on with a language, not to mask any profanity. If this looked like masking and people took a different way to which it was intended, I also apologise for this.
Sol wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?

I think this is sig worthy in fact.
:o my first sigging. I sigged you too. <3
High Empty wrote:however people shouldn't have lvl 33 and 200mil spies and try to be in the top 10, it's unhealthy.
Quina Quen
Forum Addict
Alternate name(s): Diamond Dust

I'd like a glass of cava, thank you.
The ascended entity formerly known as Diamond Dust
Drought
Forum Expert
ID: 0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omEQkuexcMk

I googled that word to find some form of definition of the word, generally, it will lead to some obscure definition, but I couldnt find any. (Even with some wild variation)

Aparently, that word is used a lot for profile names on various respected sites.

On the other hand, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOtqy7qwq5I

Apart from it meaning the obvious, its also a name of a movie ^_^
a very bad hairdo
Guild
Forum Addict
Alliance: Retiring
Race: Draeden
ID: 1916018
Location: writing a booklet so people understand my humour :D

haz is gettin carried away all over of late tbh,

mass him ingame fm , in cloud under the doctor :)
Retired but still on a rampage
Spoiler
Rudy Peña wrote:Yea, OE is the the next FS in terms of snipers. We proud ourselves on it to the point we give out awards and see who can mass the most with a 0 def.
Drahazar wrote:Im happy to snipe anyone i want, why should i build any defences for you people
George Hazard wrote:FM is like a rite of passage for alliances.
You haven't truly made it to manhood until you've slept with the town prostitute.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Doctor
Time Lord
Race: Time Lord

Honours and Awards

T-X wrote:1. 'nez de coq' is a well known French comedic item. Cultural unawareness is no valid reason to back up a warning.
2. 'coqnose' is an intentional change in spelling to prevent using more French (which, as you so elegantly demonstrated, is against the rules), and says 'nez de coq', see 1.
3. The only correct translation for the French word 'coq' is 'rooster'. The phonetic similarity to the English slang is undesirable, but an unfortunate coincidence. Blame William of Normandy, if you must.
4. The verbal warning for 'fermez ta bouche' is extremely valid. In this case, non-English is used without translation.

Also:
Behave. Any non-English without translation hereafter will be awarded a warning.

As mentioned in the PM, given the context:

smash this coqnose

1. Does that really seem like a reference to a french comedy item?
  2. As for "intentional change of spelling to prevent using more french", that text was there before I warned him. If he knew not to use french in his post, then why did he use it in the first place? Point 2 is invalid.
  3. Rooster may also be called "**Filtered**" but that doesn't stop people from using it in a profane manner. In the context of his post, it seems like he is saying "smash this **Filtered** nose" much like someone would say "smash this **Filtered** head". Definitely doesn't seem like he is saying "smash this <french comedy item>".
Formerly known as Haz

Nine out of ten doctors recommend going to an amusement park this weekend.
The Tenth Doctor doesn't want to go.
Spoiler
CC Leader: n haz thsi time it wasnt ur fault
Bralor wrote:hey haz how long do you estimate until someone blames you and masses HVE again?
Field Marshall wrote:On a seperate issue - where is Haz? He's the glue we really need right now!
SuperSaiyan wrote:I'm a staff member so naturally I'm used to unjustified abusive commentary, so really I don't mind ;)
Zeratul wrote:
Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:So I heard that when becoming a moderator you are subjected to hours and hours of "The Forum is good, the Forum is great, we surrender our will as of this date".

that is incorrect... nothing resembling prostration...

Forced labor on the other hand........ :sge
SuperSaiyan says (2:04 PM):
*that was kernal potter
*colonel
*wow I just made that typo

SuperSaiyan says (2:05 PM):
*no one will speak of this
*or I take muff's veggies away
*and he starves
Hope says (2:59 AM):
*hypothetically, how bad would it be if i descended someone... but forgot to Godquest them first, and they're active, and in an active alliance...
Hope says (3:00 AM):
*hypothetically...
Murris says (3:00 AM):
*ah **Filtered** why am i descended....
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
i just wanted the blue color XD
~wolverine~
Forum Addict
ID: 0

Guild wrote:haz is gettin carried away all over of late tbh,

rofl forums are made to piss people off, and just mass em ingame if they warn you for the lulz

better not be you clarkey who warns me :P

yea cava sounds good general riv
Field Marshall
Forum Zombie

Haz wrote:smash this coqnose

If it's so bad, then why would you allow it to get through the word filter by quoting it? Are you not responsible for the content of your posts now?

Unless you now feel it is justified?
Last edited by Field Marshall on Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sol wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?

High Empty wrote:however people shouldn't have lvl 33 and 200mil spies and try to be in the top 10, it's unhealthy.
MEZZANINE
Forum Addict
Alliance: Forgotten Serenity
Race: System Lord
ID: 81691

1) Much inconsistency in filtering, what words and acronyms can or cant be used

Crap seems to be allowed, yet it means the same as the S word which is not

Things like FUALL were allowed, yet the F word represented is not

2) Much inconsistency in Modding, always has been. Some Mods have been bias at times using the rules against those the dont like, but far more common is the fact that some Mods are more hardline than others ( you could call this diligence or pettiness depending on your personal point of view ), some mods will walk on by a comment when others will warn for it.

3) Haz, you are one of the hardline mods I refer to above, I have personally been warned by you before and told you to stuff it due to it's pettiness, Im sure I wasnt the first and Im certain I wont be the last. I think you need to chill out and think before you hand out warnings. I would be curious if there are stats showing how many warning are issued by each mod, and in what time period. I would bet heavily you give out more warnings per hour of activity than any other mod.

4) Anyone who thinks that kids who are old enough to have internet access havent heard and seen things far worse than a swear word is deluded. Wwearing and insults can be used in funny & expressive ways without being offensive, it's more about the context and intent than the words themselves.

5) I do think everyone should speak English............. not just here but everywhere, worldwide and at all times lol

Spoiler
Attack Mercs Killed (30) 459,329,001
Defence Mercs Killed (10) 2,918,478,517
Attack Soldiers Killed(60) 12,677,958
Defence Soldiers Killed(20) 226,236,488
Attack Super Soldiers Killed(300) 490,627,262
Defence Super Soldiers Killed(100) 4,131,482,551
Spies Killed(50) 4,256,505,842
Spy Killers Killed(50) 651,022,448
Mothership Weapons Destroyed(300) 35,583,034
Mothership Shields Destroyed(300) 39,498,511
Mothership Fleets Destroyed(200) 2,413,254
Planet Defences Destroyed(300) 358,539
Planets Taken(5000) 411
Naquadah Stolen(0.0001) 2,355,738,435,154,805
Untrained Kidnapped(50) 5,943,886,456
Weapon Points Destroyed (Sab+Att)(0.0001) 74,293,522,376,607
Attack Turns Used(1) 1,731,971
The Doctor
Time Lord

Honours and Awards

~Wolverine~ wrote:
Guild wrote:haz is gettin carried away all over of late tbh,

rofl forums are made to piss people off, and just mass em ingame if they warn you for the lulz

better not be you clarkey who warns me :P

yea cava sounds good general riv

Massing me for doing my job... wow... Or he could do the right thing, and appeal his warnings... oh wait, whats this? He's doing it now :D

If he wants to, he's still got a free vendetta waiting for him from quite a while back :P

Haz wrote:Also, Field Marshall, give us a shout if you wish for a 1v1 in the future :)

Field Marshall wrote:If it's so bad, then why would you allow it to get through the word filter by quoting it? Are you not responsible for the content of your posts now?

Unless you now feel it is justified?

Unless I'm much mistaken, its allowed within Ombudsman Corner for both sides for the purposes of appealing.
Formerly known as Haz

Spoiler
Bralor wrote:hey haz how long do you estimate until someone blames you and masses HVE again?
Field Marshall wrote:On a seperate issue - where is Haz? He's the glue we really need right now!
SuperSaiyan wrote:I'm a staff member so naturally I'm used to unjustified abusive commentary, so really I don't mind ;)
Zeratul wrote:
Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:So I heard that when becoming a moderator you are subjected to hours and hours of "The Forum is good, the Forum is great, we surrender our will as of this date".

*that was kernal potter
*colonel

*and he starves
*hypothetically, how bad would it be if i descended someone... but forgot to Godquest them first, and they're active, and in an active alliance...
*hypothetically...
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
Bromas
Forum Addict
ID: 97472
Alternate name(s): ~HydroFlux™~, Reinhardt

In the case of LMAO, the poster could be reffering to the band "LMAO" in which it stands for "Loving My Friends And Others" (Mezz said that acronym allowed it through the filter)
~Dä Vinci~
Forum Addict
Alliance: TÅÅE
Race: I Love Lampey!
ID: 1992329
Alternate name(s): ~Tom~, Andy, Field marshall, ETL, Huxley, rudy, borek, rocky, C2, bruno, harsasnails, robe, R8, couzens, Lord Katsumoto, Da reno, The Queen of england, and a pineapple but only on sundays.
Location: In Side Daku While playing on multis and useing my scripts

all my warnings are mainly from haz for petty things makes forums less enjoyable barley say anything without a warning.. il probs get 1 for this.

Matt: I like men, especially when they are bent over in the shower.

Trade Feedback
Field Marshall
Forum Zombie

Generally speaking Haz, you are a very proficent mod. I've given you praise in the past for making hardline decisions.

Today, you made a seemingly biased decision. Prehaps justifiable with the use of rules, if you try REALLY hard.

This was not an example of you using discretion or using common sense and this is reflected by many comments throughout this thread.

On top of the verbal warning the other day, you failed to give me an answer to that. Therefore, I will now use this as further evidence to my case:

[spoiler]
Field Marshall wrote:
Haz wrote:Subject: How do you fund covert 38 (and higher)?

Field Marshall wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
ربهالنوع wrote:Also. A mere 200$ gets you there.
One could cough once and get that.

Try http://xytex.com/

Why was my post posted as spam and Juliette's wasn't then? :shock:

Which post of Juliettes?

The same one I am quoting :)
[/spoiler]

You never replied to this. Sure, I was being an idiot and posted up a dumb link, but I bet all my warnings I can go find 20 dumb links in the GC.

She named suggestions to get level 38, I merely suggested a support to her post.
Sol wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?

The Doctor
Time Lord

Honours and Awards

MEZZANINE wrote:1) Much inconsistency in filtering, what words and acronyms can or cant be used

Crap seems to be allowed, yet it means the same as the S word which is not

Things like FUALL were allowed, yet the F word represented is not

2) Much inconsistency in Modding, always has been. Some Mods have been bias at times using the rules against those the dont like, but far more common is the fact that some Mods are more hardline than others ( you could call this diligence or pettiness depending on your personal point of view ), some mods will walk on by a comment when others will warn for it.

3) Haz, you are one of the hardline mods I refer to above, I have personally been warned by you before and told you to stuff it due to it's pettiness, Im sure I wasnt the first and Im certain I wont be the last. I think you need to chill out and think before you hand out warnings. I would be curious if there are stats showing how many warning are issued by each mod, and in what time period. I would bet heavily you give out more warnings per hour of activity than any other mod.

4) Anyone who thinks that kids who are old enough to have internet access havent heard and seen things far worse than a swear word is deluded. Wwearing and insults can be used in funny & expressive ways without being offensive, it's more about the context and intent than the words themselves.

5) I do think everyone should speak English............. not just here but everywhere, worldwide and at all times lol

1. Some are considered less offensive than others. Think of what you see on TV. Would you hear "**Filtered**" on a daytime TV show? If they needed to use such a word, they usually bleep it out (filter it) or replace it with another word, "crap".
  2. I see myself as one who isn't gonna be scared to mod a user. One who is more active, and therefore it gives more opportunities to irritate those I warn (rightfully or not)

I'll quote deni here:

deni wrote:General and especially the GC is the most heated section on this forum.

As a General mod, one has 2 choices: take a kind of a back seat and avoid to mod controversial topics OR step up without being afraid of getting into the crossfire and actively mod topics that need modding.

Usually, the general mods who choose the first option, are considered "good" mods by the general public - after all, if you do not mod actively, there is a slim chance to make a mistake or or step on an user's wrong foot.

The ones who actually mod (like Haz), have the unthankful job of never ever being able to "please" everyone. The general public considers them "bad" mods as they have complaints filed against them etc.

They are the ones who keep the forum running though, remember that ;)

~Dä Vinci~ wrote:all my warnings are mainly from haz for petty things makes forums less enjoyable barley say anything without a warning.. il probs get 1 for this.

Why didn't you appeal them if you believe this? Also, maybe, I don't know... I can't mod this section, so it's not my decision.

Andy! wrote:In the case of LMAO, the poster could be reffering to the band "LMAO" in which it stands for "Loving My Friends And Others" (Mezz said that acronym allowed it through the filter)

As you can see, the filter kicked in and replaced it with a version minus the "F".

Anywhos, this is about FM's warning, not anyone elses.

[spoiler=FM's recent post]
Field Marshall wrote:Generally speaking Haz, you are a very proficent mod. I've given you praise in the past for making hardline decisions.

Today, you made a seemingly biased decision. Prehaps justifiable with the use of rules, if you try REALLY hard.

This was not an example of you using discretion or using common sense and this is reflected by many comments throughout this thread.

On top of the verbal warning the other day, you failed to give me an answer to that. Therefore, I will now use this as further evidence to my case:

[spoiler]
Field Marshall wrote:
Haz wrote:Subject: How do you fund covert 38 (and higher)?

Field Marshall wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
ربهالنوع wrote:Also. A mere 200$ gets you there.
One could cough once and get that.

Try http://xytex.com/

Why was my post posted as spam and Juliette's wasn't then? :shock:

Which post of Juliettes?

The same one I am quoting :)
[/spoiler]

You never replied to this. Sure, I was being an idiot and posted up a dumb link, but I bet all my warnings I can go find 20 dumb links in the GC.

She named suggestions to get level 38, I merely suggested a support to her post.
[/spoiler]

Oops sorry about that, I read that PM on my phone and didn't get time to reply, and forgot about it by the time I got to my laptop. See incoming PM.
Formerly known as Haz

Spoiler
Zeratul wrote:

*that was kernal potter
*colonel

*and he starves
*hypothetically...
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
Quina Quen
Forum Addict
Alternate name(s): Diamond Dust

I got one yesterday. I like them from Haz though, they excite me in a weird twisted sexual way.
The ascended entity formerly known as Diamond Dust
MEZZANINE
Forum Addict
Alliance: Forgotten Serenity
Race: System Lord
ID: 81691

Since two acronyms Im sure I used before now get replaced with letters missing Im curious whats allowed now so Im gonna go all pottymouth for a minute to see what words get through lol

Going alphabetical so you'll have to guess the ones blocked, if you cant guess them you got a very clean mind... well done, if you guess them all you got a dirty mind, and if you can think of ones I missed you mind is filthy lol

A
Arse
*Filtered*
B
Bastard
**Filtered**
Bugger
C
Crap
**Filtered**
Cunny
D
**Filtered**
**Filtered**
F
**Filtered**
**Filtered**
**Filtered**
J
Jackoff
K
Knob
L
Limpdick
M
**Filtered**
P
Prat
Prick
**Filtered**
S
**Filtered**
**Filtered**
**Filtered**
Slapper
**Filtered**
Snatch
T
**Filtered**
W
**Filtered**
**Filtered**
Last edited by MEZZANINE on Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Spoiler
Attack Mercs Killed (30) 459,329,001
Defence Mercs Killed (10) 2,918,478,517
Attack Soldiers Killed(60) 12,677,958
Defence Soldiers Killed(20) 226,236,488
Attack Super Soldiers Killed(300) 490,627,262
Defence Super Soldiers Killed(100) 4,131,482,551
Spies Killed(50) 4,256,505,842
Spy Killers Killed(50) 651,022,448
Mothership Weapons Destroyed(300) 35,583,034
Mothership Shields Destroyed(300) 39,498,511
Mothership Fleets Destroyed(200) 2,413,254