lets talk about forum rules and mods abuse

Want to address a Forum Mod directly? Here you go...
If you want a SPECIFIC mod, use PM, but for any mod, this is the quickest place...
Rudy Peña
Forum Addict
Alternate name(s): Wrath of Achilles

Re: lets talk about forum rules and mods abuse

Empy wrote:
Haz wrote:
Empy wrote:
SuperSaiyan wrote:I assume you are referring to Haz creating a new OE/DDE Topic.
He did not dictate your war's status, he locked the original thread and instead of cleaning its entirety in a tedious fashion, chose to create a new thread from scratch. An action he explained in both threads I believe (could have just been the new one, not 100% on that).
And that was the wrong action to take, he chose to ignore instances of rules being broken and instead locked a thread that should not have been locked because it was still ongoing and instead chose to then create a redundant thread (against the rules) but used his Mod Powers to lock the old one (abuse of powers) so he was no longer breaking the rule. That's like, 2 strikes.

What?! I took actions on suggestions, and the fact that this has been done previously.

Haz wrote:Following the suggestions that this thread should be locked and recreated, I have decided to action this to provide a clean slate from the spam and insults and countless other instances of rule breaking. A new thread will be created and all in-thread warnings from this thread will apply to the new thread.

Locked.

New thread link
here.

Everything posted between my last mod action before the locking, and the lock, was on topic. About 1-2 pages. I had multiple people suggest the thread be locked and recreated. I thought it was a good idea, and enacted it. No ignorance of rules being broken, and I fail to see how this is abuse of powers.

Had anyone reported posts from the old thread, I would have looked at the reports and actioned them based on their content. But I didn't have any reports since the lock.
Why lock the thread and create a new one if no rules were being broken in it then? If it was the case that rules were being broken in it (and it must have been) then you chose the route of not doing your job and just swept it under the rug by creating a new thread as opposed to doing your job and cleaning the old thread OR permanently locking it.

It is against the rules to create a redundant thread, you did that. I don't see how you being a Mod would absolve you of doing so. Just because you then locked the old thread (or whatever order it happened) doesn't make it okay, it just means you (unknowingly, I'm sure) used your Mod powers to circumvent having actually broken the rule.
Then look over the old thread and see if any posts break the rules and warn people were it applies.

:-)
Spoiler
R0B3RT wrote: you are like my wife
you never loose :smt101
Spoiler
Field Marshall wrote:I don't think there is a single member ingame that could take on the lion at the moment. Not a single person...
I'm a brown nose. Sue me.
Empy
Derper
Race: Eldar

Rudy Pena wrote:
Empy wrote:
Haz wrote:
Empy wrote:
SuperSaiyan wrote:I assume you are referring to Haz creating a new OE/DDE Topic.
He did not dictate your war's status, he locked the original thread and instead of cleaning its entirety in a tedious fashion, chose to create a new thread from scratch. An action he explained in both threads I believe (could have just been the new one, not 100% on that).
And that was the wrong action to take, he chose to ignore instances of rules being broken and instead locked a thread that should not have been locked because it was still ongoing and instead chose to then create a redundant thread (against the rules) but used his Mod Powers to lock the old one (abuse of powers) so he was no longer breaking the rule. That's like, 2 strikes.

What?! I took actions on suggestions, and the fact that this has been done previously.

Haz wrote:Following the suggestions that this thread should be locked and recreated, I have decided to action this to provide a clean slate from the spam and insults and countless other instances of rule breaking. A new thread will be created and all in-thread warnings from this thread will apply to the new thread.

Locked.

New thread link
here.

Everything posted between my last mod action before the locking, and the lock, was on topic. About 1-2 pages. I had multiple people suggest the thread be locked and recreated. I thought it was a good idea, and enacted it. No ignorance of rules being broken, and I fail to see how this is abuse of powers.

Had anyone reported posts from the old thread, I would have looked at the reports and actioned them based on their content. But I didn't have any reports since the lock.
Why lock the thread and create a new one if no rules were being broken in it then? If it was the case that rules were being broken in it (and it must have been) then you chose the route of not doing your job and just swept it under the rug by creating a new thread as opposed to doing your job and cleaning the old thread OR permanently locking it.

It is against the rules to create a redundant thread, you did that. I don't see how you being a Mod would absolve you of doing so. Just because you then locked the old thread (or whatever order it happened) doesn't make it okay, it just means you (unknowingly, I'm sure) used your Mod powers to circumvent having actually broken the rule.
Then look over the old thread and see if any posts break the rules and warn people were it applies.

I'm not a mod :smt018

Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198036220818]Image[/url]
Spoiler
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

This is not an Oms issue, but speaking as a user with knowledge; Haz seems to be quite right.
Rudy Peña
Forum Addict

Empy wrote:
Rudy Pena wrote:
Empy wrote:
Haz wrote:
Empy wrote:

Locked.

New thread link
here.

Well not you per say. :-$

The other mods can. :-k
Spoiler
Spoiler
Field Marshall wrote:I don't think there is a single member ingame that could take on the lion at the moment. Not a single person...
Empy
Derper

Rudy Pena wrote:
Empy wrote:
Rudy Pena wrote:
Empy wrote:
Haz wrote:
Empy wrote:

Locked.

New thread link
here.

Yes they can :-k

Spoiler
Rudy Peña
Forum Addict

[spoiler]
Empy wrote:
Rudy Pena wrote:
Empy wrote:
Rudy Pena wrote:
Empy wrote:
Haz wrote:
Empy wrote:

Locked.

New thread link
here.

Yes they can :-k
[/spoiler] =D>
Spoiler
Spoiler
The Doctor
Time Lord
Race: Time Lord

Honours and Awards

Empy wrote:
Haz wrote:
Empy wrote:

Locked.

New thread link
here.

Why lock the thread and create a new one if no rules were being broken in it then?

It seemed that no one was listening when in-thread warnings were given. So I created the new thread, quoting the previous warnings and saying they still apply. Previously it has been noted that not everyone reads every post in a thread, especially one that is 131 pages long. But it is an almost guarantee that they will read the first post at least.

Empy wrote:If it was the case that rules were being broken in it (and it must have been) then you chose the route of not doing your job and just swept it under the rug by creating a new thread as opposed to doing your job and cleaning the old thread OR permanently locking it.

All posts were removed and users warned that were after your in-thread "last warning". Anything before that did not have said in-thread warning applied to it. If there are any particular posts in the thread which you believe should not be there, they can be reported.

Empy wrote:It is against the rules to create a redundant thread, you did that. I don't see how you being a Mod would absolve you of doing so. Just because you then locked the old thread (or whatever order it happened) doesn't make it okay, it just means you (unknowingly, I'm sure) used your Mod powers to circumvent having actually broken the rule.

I had multiple people suggest the thread be locked and recreated. I thought it was a good idea, and enacted it.

It provided the opportunity for users to "move away" from the spamfilled thread. As mentioned before, this has previously been done with the TJP vs FUALL war threads (multiple threads) which worked fine then. I wasn't doing it to create a redundant thread, nor did I abuse my Mod powers.
Formerly known as Haz

Nine out of ten doctors recommend going to an amusement park this weekend.
The Tenth Doctor doesn't want to go.
Spoiler
CC Leader: n haz thsi time it wasnt ur fault
Bralor wrote:hey haz how long do you estimate until someone blames you and masses HVE again?
Field Marshall wrote:On a seperate issue - where is Haz? He's the glue we really need right now!
SuperSaiyan wrote:I'm a staff member so naturally I'm used to unjustified abusive commentary, so really I don't mind ;)
Zeratul wrote:
Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:So I heard that when becoming a moderator you are subjected to hours and hours of "The Forum is good, the Forum is great, we surrender our will as of this date".

that is incorrect... nothing resembling prostration...

Forced labor on the other hand........ :sge
SuperSaiyan says (2:04 PM):
*that was kernal potter
*colonel
*wow I just made that typo

SuperSaiyan says (2:05 PM):
*no one will speak of this
*or I take muff's veggies away
*and he starves
Hope says (2:59 AM):
*hypothetically, how bad would it be if i descended someone... but forgot to Godquest them first, and they're active, and in an active alliance...
Hope says (3:00 AM):
*hypothetically...
Murris says (3:00 AM):
*ah **Filtered** why am i descended....
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
i just wanted the blue color XD
Empy
Derper

Haz wrote: I wasn't doing it to create a redundant thread, nor did I abuse my Mod powers.
But, that's what you did...

Spoiler
The Doctor
Time Lord

Honours and Awards

Empy wrote:
Haz wrote: I wasn't doing it to create a redundant thread, nor did I abuse my Mod powers.
But, that's what you did...

"No I didn't" "Yes you did" "No I didn't" "Yes you did"...

It's been done before in the TJP vs FUALL thread, I was following from that example. It worked then, it will work now (seems to be). Not redundant.

And I still fail to see how it was abusing mod powers.
Formerly known as Haz

Spoiler
Bralor wrote:hey haz how long do you estimate until someone blames you and masses HVE again?
Field Marshall wrote:On a seperate issue - where is Haz? He's the glue we really need right now!
SuperSaiyan wrote:I'm a staff member so naturally I'm used to unjustified abusive commentary, so really I don't mind ;)
Zeratul wrote:
Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:So I heard that when becoming a moderator you are subjected to hours and hours of "The Forum is good, the Forum is great, we surrender our will as of this date".

*that was kernal potter
*colonel

*and he starves
*hypothetically, how bad would it be if i descended someone... but forgot to Godquest them first, and they're active, and in an active alliance...
*hypothetically...
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
The Doctor
Time Lord

Honours and Awards

Also:

R0B3RT wrote:why close a topic and not move it to the right place ??
need more about this moderator ??
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

The topic contained discussion on two separate things: multiing and scamming. Which belong in two separate sections. I felt it best for the topics to be redone in said sections, rather than me chop up the existing topic into parts relevant and moved to the appropriate sections.
Formerly known as Haz

Spoiler
Zeratul wrote:

*that was kernal potter
*colonel

*and he starves
*hypothetically...
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
kaboom
Forum Expert
Alliance: AllMyNaq
ID: 0

Regarding mods i blindly agree with what ever Rob3rt sad... didnt even read this topic dont think nothin will change..

Mods need to be here to keep us pricks in line ... however who keeps the biass mod pricks in line ?

Not saying we need police to police the police ... some kinda vote bout mods or complaints bout mods that would be acted on not by the mods themselfs would be nice..

Till then ill just stick to me mod massin days
AWARDS

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for. "

Res, Non verba

Rudy Pena wrote:All OE members keep it respectful or do not post at all. Keep the thread heathly.
The Doctor
Time Lord

Honours and Awards

kaboom wrote:Regarding mods i blindly agree with what ever Rob3rt sad... didnt even read this topic dont think nothin will change..

Mods need to be here to keep us pricks in line ... however who keeps the biass mod pricks in line ?

Not saying we need police to police the police ... some kinda vote bout mods or complaints bout mods that would be acted on not by the mods themselfs would be nice..

So you didn't even read this topic, just blindly stating your opinion without regard of any response explaining the situation? ](*,) :smt021

Also, please show where this bias occurs. Report the mod or make a post about it in this section, and provide proof of any bias, and action can be taken on it. Just calling bias without proof goes nowhere.
Formerly known as Haz

Spoiler
Zeratul wrote:

*that was kernal potter
*colonel

*and he starves
*hypothetically...
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
kaboom
Forum Expert

Haz wrote:
kaboom wrote:Regarding mods i blindly agree with what ever Rob3rt sad... didnt even read this topic dont think nothin will change..

So you didn't even read this topic, just blindly stating your opinion without regard of any response explaining the situation? ](*,) :smt021

Also, please show where this bias occurs. Report the mod or make a post about it in this section, and provide proof of any bias, and action can be taken on it. Just calling bias without proof goes nowhere.

:smt015 , i know you prob warn me now for reacting to a mod
AWARDS

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for. "

Res, Non verba

Rudy Pena wrote:All OE members keep it respectful or do not post at all. Keep the thread heathly.
The Doctor
Time Lord

Honours and Awards

kaboom wrote:
Haz wrote:

Nope, the rule is "disrespecting a moderator who is acting in an official capacity". You have not disrespected a moderator, nor am I acting in an official capacity.
Formerly known as Haz

Spoiler
Zeratul wrote:

*that was kernal potter
*colonel

*and he starves
*hypothetically...
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
kaboom
Forum Expert

Haz wrote:
kaboom wrote:
Haz wrote:

Nope, the rule is "disrespecting a moderator who is acting in an official capacity". You have not disrespected a moderator, nor am I acting in an official capacity.

But who decides when your doing what ? you im guessing ;)
AWARDS

Res, Non verba

Return to “Talk to the Mods Direct”