WTH stargate sg-1 dropped by sci-fi

Where players can relax and discuss their favorite TV shows a*WARNING* spoilers may abound *WARNING*
Apollo
Goa'uld Temptress
Race: Railway Stakes
ID: 1337

It isnt merely being shown in the US, I live in Australia and it is shown here. And New Zealand. And many other countries that I cant name......how many nationalities are playing this game?

I dont blame the fans, but we do have some thing to do with it. And I am not saying that everyone needs to buy them! Sorry if I was misunderstood there. I meant buying the box sets as opposed to just burning them from some one else, if you want them to keep.

And thanks, Kjarkur, I love you too! :-D
The Goa'uld Temptress has returned.
Moesph
Forum Newbie
ID: 0
Location: Reigning glorious havoc over other worlds. (London)

No, no, I meant Season 10, Australia are only on season 9 last I heard, and the collected ratings for season 10 are only for that one channel in America, Sci-fi.
#?#

THe show's just gonna be picked up by another channel, just give it time.
The Dalek Empire
Fledgling Forumer

That would be great, witha whole new look and feel. They just need season 11 to finish off the Ori story arc...
Nutter
Forum Irregular

Yea, well somehow within the next season there going to have to show the furling if they cancel it, i hope there not like the one's in the episode "200" though, they reminded me of star wars :-D
Kjarkur
Spark of the Ori
Alliance: DDE - Leader
Race: System Lord
ID: 1909457
Alternate name(s): Kjarkur, JL, KJ

Apollo wrote:It isnt merely being shown in the US, I live in Australia and it is shown here. And New Zealand. And many other countries that I cant name......how many nationalities are playing this game?

I dont blame the fans, but we do have some thing to do with it. And I am not saying that everyone needs to buy them! Sorry if I was misunderstood there. I meant buying the box sets as opposed to just burning them from some one else, if you want them to keep.

And thanks, Kjarkur, I love you too! :-D

This year, a channel in my country began to show SG-1 (Note: Not atlantis) and that was season 1, and how long ago did they air season one of SG-1 in the US? I'm not gonna sit and wait in my country for 10 or 11 years for the new season. LOL
(And I think they even cancelled it here, not enough ratings; small country, the market for Sci-Fi is extremly small)

I love stargate way too much for that. Now buying it on DVD requires me to wait too long. Of course I will when it will be in stores (Or I'll get a credit card and buy it on amazon, I do belive stargate deserves my money for this great show)

But I can't wait like some of you Australians do, a year behind is too long for me. And I wont even try to wait 10 years!
There are no men like me. There's only me.
General & Battle Moderator
- > SGW Hall of Fame
- > SGW's Hero of the Year
- > SGW's Villain of the year 2010->
- > SGW's Most Missed Player of the year 2011->
thunder
Forum Intermediate

ok look this is the place where those who would be most likely to know would read are reading so i pose one question.

is everyone ranting because scifi drooped the show or because sg1 is drooped, there is a big difference, one implies that scifi is not showing the show and those in america or who subscribe to sci-fi have to go elsewhere, however in option 2 the show is terminated and no one can see season eleven, now i have been wathching sg1 on space for a couple of years now, and although most of the shows are infeareror to sci-fi it is all i have, for those of you who enjoy startrec this is the chanell for you it is literealy trek,trek,trek,andromida,sg1 but i diegress, and this is too important for me to rant over so for all those who skim let me botom line this for you

IS SG1 CANCLED or IS SCI-FI SIMPLY NOT RENEWING
(sorry for the caps its dumb but effective)
If you listen to what i say you'll learn lots
if you argue with what i say you'll lose
if you disagree with what i say your an idiot

I AM A DEBATOR FROM SASKATCHEWAN YAH

Shal Kek Nem Ron
Moesph
Forum Newbie
Location: Reigning glorious havoc over other worlds. (London)

Sci-fi the channel dropped SG-1.
MGM are not going to stop making it, they are looking for a new channel to continue the show.
the3rdlibra

hey ho! The rushes oh!

Heh. I heard it might get cancelled, obviously someone not in full possesion of the facts. Anyhow, out of the two (or more?) topics, this one seemed entirely "less informed" and so.. here's another snippet from todays findings:

(in my inbox on the forum)
the titans wrote:HI,

Im sure by now most of you have heard that STargate SG-1 will not be renewed for an 11th season. im am urging you to please sign this petition that has just now started.

Once the petition has reached a certqain point i will be sending it directly to MGM ans The SCI-FI Channel.

PLEASE HELP SAVE STARGATE SG-1

http://www.PetitionOnline.com/dmilo3/petition.html

Thanks Titan.

P.S. Please help by spreading news about this petition. Thanks.

My Repsonse:
I'm afraid i'm not signing your petition, stargate sg-1 is something i love entirely and dearly however, if it is to end, then end it must because in honesty, no one could replace writers Anderson and Amendola. If RD needs to put the story back on the shelf, perhaps to spend more time with his tiny daughter, then it has to be. Richard Dean Anderson has given us so much of his life, i cannot bring myself to petition him for more.

Also, that said, you realise this is spam?
harvardspy
Forum Newbie

You digust me Toon_PDT_12

Cooper: SG-1 will go on

Don't count Stargate SG-1 out just yet. Though SCI FI Channel has cancelled the long-running series (story), the show's producers are hard at work looking for a new outlet for the story to continue, executive producer Robert C. Cooper told GateWorld exclusively.

"As far as the future I can't comment yet because nothing has been confirmed," Cooper said. "What we want to emphasize is that the franchise is not dying. SG-1 will go on in some way. We're just not ready to announce how."

A formal announcement from the studio and the network is expected later this week.

Cooper also emphasizes that, though emotions are running high among Stargate fans who have just learned the news, it is important to keep the show's ratings strong throughout the remainder of its run on SCI FI. "What's most important is that fans don't take out their frustration with SCI FI by not watching," he said. "In fact, what they need to do is watch both SG-1 and Atlantis LIVE and make sure the ratings stay strong.

"That helps prove to other outlets that might be interested in SG-1 that the show is still as strong as we think it is."

Could Stargate SG-1 find its way to yet another network in 2007? Or might the SG-1 team be headed for a TV movie, mini-series, direct-to-video feature ... or the big screen? Stay with GateWorld
MOO
Lord Thanatos
Fledgling Forumer

ya, they cant cut off sg-1 in the muddle of a story!
Xbox Live tag: LordThanatos117. Play me in Gears of War, LOTR BFMEII, or just chat.
Thanatos God of death
_banned
Forum Grunt

OMG the game is based on a show!!?!?!?!?!!?!? :shock: :shock: :shock:

_banned
Forum Grunt

OMG the game is based on a show!!?!?!?!?!!?!? :shock: :shock: :shock:

GAT-X207
Forum Expert

Lord Thanatos wrote:ya, they cant cut off sg-1 in the muddle of a story!

well they do hav time to cook up a defeat for the ori
who needs submarines anyway, those little black boats just keep sinking under the water anyway.
Alpha13snake
Forum Irregular
Alliance: V For Victory
Race: Human

Bump. This is indeed grave news. I have been watching from day one and I'd do almost anything to keep it alive. Sky should take it up.:evil:
"Revolution 2011!!!"

The Normalcy Bias

The normalcy bias refers to an extreme mental state people enter when facing a disaster. It causes people to underestimate both the possibility of a disaster occurring and its possible effects. This often results in situations where people fail to adequately prepare for a disaster, and on a larger scale, the failure of the government to include the populace in its disaster preparations. The assumption that is made in the case of the normalcy bias is that since a disaster never has occurred that it never will occur. It also results in the inability of people to cope with a disaster once it occurs. People with a normalcy bias have difficulties reacting to something they have not experienced before. People also tend to interpret warnings in the most optimistic way possible, seizing on any ambiguities to infer a less serious situation.

Are you suffering from normalcy bias?

Return to “The TV room”