Change the cost to Fleets back for all people

For discussion on balance, bugs, likes, dislikes of recently released features.
RobinInDaHood
Forum Elite
Race: Vulpes
ID: 75697

Agreed, this represents a severe disadvantage to those below the cost cap.
smooshable
Forum Expert
ID: 0

Honours and Awards

Yea, it is a very big, unfair disadvantage. Definatly need to raise it.

That said, Mojo and Sinister are top guys and havn't cheated to get where they are, don't blame them for it, or penalise them. It's just one of those updates that needs a little tweaking to make it work for everyone.
Indu and proud of it!!
Hensenshi
Strange Soldier

RepliJake wrote:
S T I wrote:when you get to a certain point say 50k the price shoots up to say 2 bil a pop, what Lord core is saying is the top 2 have above this mark but only paid the normal price of say 400mil a pop. so they have gained alot & he & other are being disadvanaged.

like i said if the price upgrade was set at the highest fleet persons mark this would solve this& be fair to everyone. imo

And also, we want to buy fleets, not pops.

But I've got to have my pops. :lol:

Anyone know where the line is right now?
S T I
Forum Intermediate

smooshable wrote:Yea, it is a very big, unfair disadvantage. Definatly need to raise it.

That said, Mojo and Sinister are top guys and havn't cheated to get where they are, don't blame them for it, or penalise them. It's just one of those updates that needs a little tweaking to make it work for everyone.

they have played it well & should not be penalised or blamed in anyway, infact they have helped me, with advice :wink:
Red XIII wrote:Just blame Omega instead. Much easier than writing an entire paragraph about a problem.
Maulwurf05
Fledgling Forumer

I'm miles behind in the fleet area but I agree, it definitely needs to be looked into!
Make CHOCOLATE, not WAR.
Rzagos
Forum Newbie

If the trigger is set for the highest number of fleets, what is stopping the top 2 alternating the purchase. This way they will get one expensive fleet and one cheaper fleet. Maybe the alternative should be within say 50 fleets (or 100???) of the highest number of fleets. Just my 2 cents worth considering I am nowhere near being effected.
smooshable
Forum Expert

Honours and Awards

Rzagos wrote:If the trigger is set for the highest number of fleets, what is stopping the top 2 alternating the purchase. This way they will get one expensive fleet and one cheaper fleet. Maybe the alternative should be within say 50 fleets (or 100???) of the highest number of fleets. Just my 2 cents worth considering I am nowhere near being effected.

Na, that's not what we're saying. We're saying simply raise the arbritrary figure for the sudden increase above what they are currently at - say the highest fleet amount atm is 50 k (it's not but i'm not telling you :P) then you make the trigger 50 001. Once you pass 50 001 then your fleets are more expensive. We're not suggesting a constantly moving figure.
Indu and proud of it!!
Rzagos
Forum Newbie

I see what you mean. Why not have a moving target though? It could be a means of getting lower ranked players to catch up. It could even be something like the rank modifiers so it effects all levels of ranking but obviously effecting the higher ranks more. Or is this getting stupidly complex?

Sorry about the double post before. That will teach me for pressing the "Go Back" button.
smooshable
Forum Expert

Honours and Awards

Rzagos wrote:I see what you mean. Why not have a moving target though? It could be a means of getting lower ranked players to catch up. It could even be something like the rank modifiers so it effects all levels of ranking but obviously effecting the higher ranks more. Or is this getting stupidly complex?

Sorry about the double post before. That will teach me for pressing the "Go Back" button.

You outlined very well why you can't have a moving target. It would be abused.
Indu and proud of it!!
reborn
Forum Elite

any word on this then beening changed?
Shaitan
Forum Irregular

I will have a word with admin about it.
bryan
Forum Intermediate

smooshable wrote:
Rzagos wrote:I see what you mean. Why not have a moving target though? It could be a means of getting lower ranked players to catch up. It could even be something like the rank modifiers so it effects all levels of ranking but obviously effecting the higher ranks more. Or is this getting stupidly complex?

You outlined very well why you can't have a moving target. It would be abused.

loool, like the top 2 would buy fleets 1 at a time to get them cheaper... they'd get bored after the first minute and just grab expensive.

when ya got 50k+ fleets, you dont wanna buy the next 50k 1 at a time
Bryan wrote:shoot first, fire missiles second. if anything left, drop a nuke
Genlucky wrote:Opinions are like **Filtered**. everyone has one, and some are bigger than others
buck wrote:i am infact the proverbial nutcase
Lord_Core
Fledgling Forumer

So whats the plan boss? Are we going to have to sit here and deal with it. Think its utter BS. Fleets still have yet to be changed!
Hensenshi
Strange Soldier

I think it's going to stay right where it is. JUAN and Metal Messiah both bought UU over the 50m barrier because they had bought before the barrier was in place.
Lord_Core
Fledgling Forumer

Hensenshi wrote:I think it's going to stay right where it is. JUAN and Metal Messiah both bought UU over the 50m barrier because they had bought before the barrier was in place.

What are you talking about this is about fleets/unit production not about main UU. This is ascended stuff.

Return to “Discussion on Released Enhancements”