increase in new account stats

What do you want to see in the game? what can be improved? any suggestions welcome here...
snoopey
Fledgling Forumer
ID: 33590

Spasticinformation wrote:How about something a little more drastic, like .5-1 mil lifers. (This would have to come with the automatic vacation mode after +2 weeks of inactivity for all brand new accounts to stop the pile up of huge naq farms)
Then to keep if fair, the option of gaining the same amount of lifers is given to all accounts in the game so it would be as though everyone started with the baseline amount of lifers.

Spastic

This is lame, give them a bit more but not that much. As in nowaday everything is turning around 'smaller' players. Let them learn and appreciate their own work they have achieved through hard work and they probably wont appreciate it if they have everything there already.
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

how about this then:

5000 attack supers
5000 defense supers
50 000 lifers
5000 UUs
5000 spies
500 raw UP
3 bill naq in bank
2000 ATs

and give all other players with less than 500k army 50k lifers as well...
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...
deathguard 6
Forum Newbie
ID: 0

how about giving them the bonus of 1 20$ ss would give them so it changes over time without the ability of trading resourses then they get a bunch of every thing and ten bil is like enough to get a 2-3k up i think so it would be good
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Reitha

Honours and Awards

deathguard 6 wrote:how about giving them the bonus of 1 20$ ss would give them so it changes over time without the ability of trading resourses then they get a bunch of every thing and ten bil is like enough to get a 2-3k up i think so it would be good

the problem with that much would be multies created just to get the resources...

that is the reason for the limiting of resources...

supporter status bonuses wrote:Instant 24,000,000,000 Naquadah
Instant 1,500 Attack Turns (Attack turns are converted to Naquadah and Untrained if the recipient is in the Pergatory Realm)
Instant 30,000 UUs
Instant 374 to UP
Instant 20% increase (20% of initial capacity) in your offsite storage capacity, the 'bank'
10 Days of MPDSD
One additional Race Change 'Count'.
Includes Protected Planets Treaty bonus.

just notice how much naq and UUs it is... think of the multi problem that would cause... also, how many new players need MPDSD?
better to just increase the basic starting goods...
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Nutter
Forum Irregular

Zeratul wrote:how about this then:

5000 attack supers
5000 defense supers
50 000 lifers
5000 UUs
5000 spies
500 raw UP
3 bill naq in bank
2000 ATs

and give all other players with less than 500k army 50k lifers as well...

Give them more but thats to much imo. They still need to work, just give them something to get going quicker.

5000 attack soldiers (not supers)
5000 defense soldiers (not supers)
50 000 lifers (thats ok)
5000 UUs (same thats ok)
5000 spies (thats ok aswell)
500 raw UP (same with that)
3 bill naq in bank (Maybe abit less 1.5-2bill? like i said they still should have to work to get going...just not as much cause they get bored)
2000 ATs (yeah that works, they can farm between themselves :) )
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Reitha

Honours and Awards

why dont you think supers?

the reason we said supers is so that they wouldnt have 20 000 UUs... but when we think about it, 20k UUs arent that much... not really worth raiding, right?

Nutter
Forum Irregular

Nah, i wouldn't raid for that, 30+ maybe. But not supers because i dunno, it costs alot to upgrade.... maybe it would work :)
J.S.
Forum Elite
Alliance: EPA
Race: Human
ID: 22325

I like it, I spent my first week not playing after I sent my "SG-1" out to attack a goa'uld :-D They all died :(

However this might make more multis...

It is still a great idea I feel..
Back in my day, we massed you for disrespect!
Nutter
Forum Irregular

J.S. wrote:I like it, I spent my first week not playing after I sent my "SG-1" out to attack a goa'uld :-D They all died :(
:lol:

Yeah, could do, but they have no way of trading. And soon forum's making a way to stop them (not sure how, but i know both admins are working on a way of near enough stopping them, apparently)
Dralan
Forum Grunt
Alliance: EPA / Owned
Race: Ancient
ID: 101534

I don't like the scope of this idea. A tiny increase in men and naq could be good but I know that I preferred the hard work of building my province from near zero. This also teaches you more about how the game works before you get too large and get hit alot.

If we give all new players the kind of resources that is suggested here they will be targets immediately and as such I believe that many more newbies will quit because they get slaughtered alot in the first few weeks.

The way things are now no newb is ever a target the first few weeks simply because they have nothing worth taking. This is a good protection for them so that they can ease into a good playing style
He knows when you are sleeping,
He knows when you're on the can,
He'll hunt you down and blast your ass from here to Pakistan.
You better not breathe, you better not move,
You're better off dead, I'm telling you dude.
Santa Claus is gunning you down!
Obsidian311-
Forum Irregular
ID: 1337

i say this is a pretty good idea but don't raise it to much because i was in a game for 2 years in StarWars Galaxies and then they decided to bring in a new gameplay for a 2nd time and it was based around new players being able to be a Jedi and not have to work their butts off for it like the Vets did and so i can see something like this getting out of hand and causing alot of the Vets to quit. like i said good idea but just keep it toned. (this post is mainly aimed at the 500k or 1 mil lifer boost) as some people like me who have played this game for a year or longer don't even have that big of a lifer count.

Obsidian311
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Reitha

Honours and Awards

Obsidian311- wrote:i say this is a pretty good idea but don't raise it to much because i was in a game for 2 years in StarWars Galaxies and then they decided to bring in a new gameplay for a 2nd time and it was based around new players being able to be a Jedi and not have to work their butts off for it like the Vets did and so i can see something like this getting out of hand and causing alot of the Vets to quit. like i said good idea but just keep it toned. (this post is mainly aimed at the 500k or 1 mil lifer boost) as some people like me who have played this game for a year or longer don't even have that big of a lifer count.

Obsidian311

does this seem low enough for you (while still being reasonable increase?)

5000 attackers
5000 defenders
50 000 lifers
5000 UUs
5000 spies
500 raw UP
3 bill naq in bank
2000 ATs

and give all other players with less than 500k army 50k lifers as well... (this last to not leave those that started just before update hanging)

Dralan
Forum Grunt

It does not seem low enough for me by far Zeratul

50k lifers can rack up a fair income for low level players and other low level players will definitively find those new accounts nice targets and eat them raw. Those numbers are really really bad if you want to keep new players.

Better numbers would be

1k att supers
1k def supers
1k miners and 100 lifers
2k UU
100 UP
10 mill naq
and 500 AT tops. Preferable 100-200.

If you give them any more it will likely mean bigger problems than today.

The second issue with this is that they will have shorter time to ease into a playing style that is usable in this game. You can see that with some people with too much money and not enough brains in this game aswell.. They buy stats and stuff and get beaten into the dirt. rinse and repeat.

For someone new at the game it is more likely that they will quit than try again like our less smart but rich players do.

There is a reason why its good to be small in the beginning. try to think back. We all were small once. I still am small :P but we stuck with it until we learned how to grow and play
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Lesson 1, build a defense during your first 24 hours of PPT. You have the troops, you have the naq.

:? There. End of story, no problem for newbs being 'eaten alive' by other small d00dz.
Dralan
Forum Grunt

wow.. what a really good tips.. or NOT from Jadzua.

That was quite a usles post as it does not fix the general problem with the suggestion.

Building a little defence the first 24 hours of ppt will not offset other small provinces who have played for a few weeks or a month or so. It will still be easy resources with almost no risk what so ever.

If this suggestion goes through like it is stated it will mean that fewer newbies will stick with the game, faster growth for those who have been at it a little while and way easier for the multis to cheat their way up the ranks.

The multies are thriving even with an account withouth any starting resources. How do you think it will be when they actually do get a good amount of starting resources?

Return to “Game Suggestions”