Question

Want to address a Forum Mod directly? Here you go...
If you want a SPECIFIC mod, use PM, but for any mod, this is the quickest place...
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

Re: Question

Rienna wrote:Though. One of these days I'm TOTALLY gonna warn myself for spamming :D that'd be sweet!

you cant... the function doesnt exist...
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...
Rienna
Really Rienna :p
Alliance: T I T α N S
Race: Tollen
ID: 91926
Alternate name(s): La Reine Du Chaos

Zeratul wrote:
Rienna wrote:Though. One of these days I'm TOTALLY gonna warn myself for spamming :D that'd be sweet!

you cant... the function doesnt exist...

:o I'm crushed.... I have nothing to live for anymore.... :smt010
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

this is the answer when we try warning ourselves:

Information

You cannot warn yourself.
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...
geisha
Forum Addict
Race: Pastafarian
ID: 65545

General Moderator I wrote:Global Pain I wrote:
General Mod 1 wrote:
[AK]Avenger wrote:
i wont be a multi as my original account will go to someone else, just incase someone tries to point it out :-D

Actually it will be, because you currently possess two accounts.

As for the question, if you sign on both accounts with the same IP at any point, they're unable to trade with each other.
I'm unsure how long it takes that to take effect, but a friend was here once, and logged into his account from my computer, and in the time it took him to get home(about 15 minutes), I could no longer trade with him.

you are a moderator. Your job is to moderate the forums. You are not supposed to tell stories about your friends.

Forum wrote:
3) mods will mod the forum. they will NOT comment on the right/wrong of specific views, ingame actions, inforum comments directed at others, inforum comments directed at themselves, or any other specifics. In short, it is not to be their job to pass opinion.

And I was answering a question. You are NOT a moderator ( for obvious reasons ), therefore it is not your job to tell me or any other moderator what to do. Topic locked

Oh. And that was not an opinion, it would be wise to look that word up before making yourself look like a fool.
-The First

I'd like a second opinion here because I think that is a bit too many personal statements by a mod considering that the mods should be following this new guideline here:

Forum wrote:
3) mods will mod the forum. they will NOT comment on the right/wrong of specific views, ingame actions, inforum comments directed at others, inforum comments directed at themselves, or any other specifics. In short, it is not to be their job to pass opinion.
geisha
touched by his noodly appendage

General Mod 2

Global Pain I wrote:....

I'd like a second opinion here because I think that is a bit too many personal statements by a mod considering that the mods should be following this new guideline here:

Forum wrote:

ok, now here i have a problem, you are asking for a second opinion, but since i can not have an opinion i can not answer, but since this is the "ask the mods" post, i should answer, hmm, my mind is going buumm :-)
Forum Administrator

Here are the facts, rather than opinions:

1. Admin intends for mod accounts to be used solely for modding, and public posts, if any, ought to be made to help people understand why a mod action was made or to warn. Exceptions may be made for replies in the section made to communicate with the mods, of course.

2. If a member truly cares about the order of the forums, they will not interject in order to stir things up, but will communicate privately and have themselves heard.
[SGC_ReplicÅtors]
Forum Addict
ID: 0

Tok`ra wrote:
pookie- AKA fourm admin wrote:2. If a member truly cares about the order of the forums, they will not interject in order to stir things up, but will communicate privately and have themselves heard.

Yeah, sure pookie. Yet another plot to stifle complaints by getting them to PM mods that take MONTHS to reply in some cases....... or get away with cursing @ users in PMs, yet nothing is done to the mod if the user complains about the abuse, aside from the banning of the user.

Yeah pookie, we know how you run things.

And a refrence for any squids (navy men) out there..... anyone else hear cannon balls rolling loose below decks ? (to be honest, I doubt many will get this refrence)

On subject however, and using something few are (comon sense)

If a mod happend to answer a question while moding (as it IS a pain in the arse to switch accounts constantly) then ****in deal with it, as long as they simply answer rather than draw a conclusion.

Last edited by [SGC_ReplicÅtors] on Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Talk to the Mods Direct”