Question about mod selection process

Want to address a Forum Mod directly? Here you go...
If you want a SPECIFIC mod, use PM, but for any mod, this is the quickest place...
Mathlord
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
Race: Tollan
ID: 12759

Re: Question about mod selection process

geisha wrote:Bazsy posted somewhere how it really is... basically,applying as a mod guarantees, you will never be a mod. You have to be "chosen". Makes incredibly much sense and helps to always have enough and motivated mods, really. oO

Why would mods be "motivated" if they're automatically appointed even if they don't really want the job. Didn't Diamond Dust state that he didn't want his job at first?

Also, wouldn't you think the people who would be really motivated to be mods would be the people that apply? Not the people that wait around day and night thinking "Gee I sure hope some super mod reads my mind and decides I'm a good person to mod this forum even though I've never hinted at that desire to anyone in power"?

Apparently makes little to no sense if you ask me.
Spoiler

13:38 General Zeus Sabotage Repelled 377,977,330 details

The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 305,393,963,879,000 damage on Mathlord's forces!
They managed to eradicate 4,635,986 of Mathlord's troops.
---
The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 12 damage on Mathlord's forces!
They managed to eradicate 0 of Mathlord's troops.
agapooka
Semper Ubi Sub Ubi
ID: 0

Honours and Awards

Everyone in this thread is wrong. Except maybe Bazsy. :P

:lol:

And no, buck, you may not appoint new mods.

Cheers.

If you're confused, wait a day or two. If you're confused AND impatient, tough luck. If you're not confused, well, congrats and if you're not confused BUT you are impatient, refer to my statement to the impatient, confused people 8)
Agapooka wrote:The argument that because a premise cannot be proven false, it must be true, is known as a Negative Proof Fallacy in logic.
Mister Sandman wrote:Nothing at all near the negative proof fallacy in logic. If it cannot be proven false, it has to be true.
Pooka's UU Market Loyalty Card:

Rudy Pena: 1 stamp!

A Spider: 1 stamp!
RepliJake
Forum Addict
Alliance: JURY IS OUT MISTRAIL
ID: 5242

It's so comforting knowing that we have such a mature unchild like head admin in charge of these forums...
WeaponX wrote:i quit the game, good luck trying to extort resources out of me you jackasses
REK wrote:
GunZ wrote:Eat me
I hate **Filtered**
Nuto vixen
Forum Addict

RepliJake wrote:It's so comforting knowing that we have such a mature unchild like head admin in charge of these forums...

It is indeed. :D

Good job Pookie.

It's not a matter of luck; it's just a matter of time.
Spacey
Forum Zombie

Agapooka wrote:Everyone in this thread is wrong. Except maybe Bazsy. :P

:lol:

And no, buck, you may not appoint new mods.

Cheers.

If you're confused, wait a day or two. If you're confused AND impatient, tough luck. If you're not confused, well, congrats and if you're not confused BUT you are impatient, refer to my statement to the impatient, confused people 8)

I have complete confidence in Pookie's abilities, as do many members of this forum.

I guess what really counts is that Game Jason feels the same way :-)

Forum Admin Role - Welcome the new Forum Admin 'Agapooka'

Your new Forum Admin is one previously known as 'Agapooka' - an exPlayer - with no alliance ties.
'Pookie' - a previous mod - has always shown great diplomancy, respect for others, an unbiased and calm demeanour - and - as importantly - an incredible sense of humour. I trust you will find him fair, and funny :). He will also have an mailto:'@herebegames.com' email that will be available in the 'announcements' section of the Forum (there have been cases of impersonation in the community, so unless an email is @stargatewars.com or @herebegames.com, or @kingdomgames.com, do not trust it.)

http://www.stargatewars.com/updates.php
"We few. We happy few. We band of brothers.
For those who shed their blood with me today
will always be my brother."
REK
Forever Evil
Alliance: THE DARK DOMINIUM EMPIRE
Race: GOD ALLMIGHTY
ID: 666
Alternate name(s): THEY'RE NO STRINGS ON ME

:smt015
buck
The Main Event
Race: Degenerate
ID: 16843

Honours and Awards

I may not appoint mods, i may not be in any way useful, i may not give an opinion, i may be expendable,i may not think on my feet, i may not mod in a way which lets the forum flow, i may only be a machine nazi mod, might as well just not mod at all eh.
Spoiler
2006 -
Poster of the Year
2007 -
Runner up signature of the Year
Runner up most improved player of the Year
Runner up hero of the Year
Alliance war of the year (CIA vs COP)
2008-
Hall of Fame
2009-
Runner up Hero of the Year
2010-
Vendetta of the Year (Buck vs Tekki)
Runner up Vendetta of the Year (Buck vs Darthudd)

Noteworthy alliances-
Omega
Mayhem
Radical Minority
Nemesis Sect
Warlords of Briton

Previous affiliations-
TL
Ricos
DDE
The Tok'ra
The OOC
The SLA

Missed and dear friends -
Too Many to count, but never forgotten.
Code:
"Now I Don't like you, I don't respect you, and I sure as hell don't fear you. But seeing how your standing in the middle of my yard, I will break you."
Acronon
Forum Expert
Alliance: TOoC
Race: Human, whatareyou?
ID: 60798
Alternate name(s): Rhadamanthus, RhadamanthusOE, Kalor, Thurisaz & more than I remember

I think that the community needs to take a step back.

If someone, who is not a mod, steps up and points out something the mods should not get offended or cry out about their toes getting stepped on but the members should not just ignore a person for not being a mod.

We are all here for the same reason, we enjoy the game, the company of the people here, discussing things of various nature on the many boards here and generally have a similar interest at heart.

We used to have at least some form of basic respect for one another around here but it seems that more and more often people wish to simply point fingers at one another and yell the it is not their fault that things are going badly, well, I say that everyone here is responsible, the admins, mods, members, myself, all of us.

Why?

Because everyone claims to have the best intentions in mind and at heart for the community.

Telling members that the rules state to respect one another does nothing to help anyone, you will either respect those around you or you won't, plain and simple.

The best we can hope for with the wide variety of people from around the world that congregate on this forum is a basic sense of decency.

I admit that in the past I have had my problems with adhering to some of what I say here but we all have bad times in our lives when we feel like everything is going down hill but we recover and move on, we just need to try to work together as a Community to make things better rather than complaining about the people that made this forum for us to greet and meet up on.

The responsibility lies not with the admins or the mods but with everyone that comes here.

How should selections go?
The way they used to, nominations and votes.
If the teams want more control over who they are working with then have the nominations selected by the teams and then voted for by the community but no matter who gets the jobs the fact is that if the people here do not want to make an effort to control the flow of crap on this forum then it will only get worse as time goes on.

Thanks for reading my rant,
Acronon

Return to “Talk to the Mods Direct”