Beta Site changes - ascended superweapon & attacks

For discussion on balance, bugs, likes, dislikes of recently released features.
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

state the issues. or let me ignore them.
"some game rules " -- pretty vague...

Neimenljivi wrote:
Flavar wrote:Wow thats great to hear. IF you find the time looking into some game rules for main would be really good.

What Flavar said...

~Neimenljivi
Funky White Boy
Forum Irregular
ID: 0

I am sorry to mention this again but the command star changes are going to unbalance the game in favour of the higher ranks for the reasons stated above.
I again woke to find my ascended account decimnated this was despite a huge defence and a 1 Billion assassin strength. Once you reach a planet count that is tasty for the higher ranks no matter what you do you will be raided

Final Tally
Resource Planets gained by their attack on me=125,742
Total Undeveloped gained=121
My losses in defence=30,060 ( when takes into account x5 Multiple)
My losses from sabbed defence planets=143,225 ( again takes into account the x5 Multiple)

299,148 Planets Lost in total

Their losses=39,511 attack planets
Their losses during sabbing=42305 assasin planets

Their overall gain=44,047 Planets for 435 turns. an equivalent of 1518 per 15 turn attack.

I had a Rank 50 defence with Rank 60 assassin Rank 70 spy strength, my resource planet to defence ratio was 1:1. My account has been decimated once again. Once in the mid ranks you stand no chance against these high level raiders.

It is my belief that if we make the Command star stronger that it should have less of an effect on the ground troops say 50% maximum. Either that or the rank modifier increased as well to compensate further. Sorry to raise this again but I do feel strongly that the lower ranks do not really understand this potential risk, the higher ranks are licking their lips whilst the mid ranks are just waiting for decimation. The only hope for a player such as myself is to put in several massive ascensions to boost them. I am willing to do this but when making changes forum please consider that some of the mid ranked have no further ascensions left, I personally have 8 left so hopefully I will be able to rise above this problem for the mid rankers
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

note: i am releasing the main server update I mentioned earlier in this topic, tonight (if all goes to plan), and will finalize&launch this update in the next couple days...
I will post finalized details before launch, for a last minute ability to comment/plead before they go live ;)
Also note that any change is always viewed afterwards, so if something goes horribly wrong, it is not 'forever written in stone' ...
the main update includes the descension&vacation effects (no bonus/50% bonus respectively) which was needed for this one, so a part of this update will actually be live tonight :)
Shaitan
Forum Irregular

A return to the days of rank modifiers will ruin ascension again. Especially someone hiding in low ranks getting huge bonuses and managing to hit top players. As one of the higher ranked players, I don't mind limits imposed on us, things like a cut off point for planet generation but rank mods just go beyond.
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

final changes:

descension now active on test server. will not affect main account though.

command star is 100x what it is on live server, or 1/10th of what it was until today on dev server.

a max damage of 1/3 of defender max life force reserve per ascended attack.

4 (not 6) hours between ascended attacks.

descension: 14 days cannot do anything. 4 days PPT. done. during this time, main account has no ascended bonuses. (ascended race, weapons, etc stay just bonuses go).

the defence constitution and repulsion -- level 100 gets a 50% bonus. then each 100 levels is 1/2 again as much...

i think thats it :) i am going live thursday, which gives one more full day for final comments, or bug finds :)

i *think* all bugs gone, unless i made more in the recent changes/descension ....

(ps with rank mods... and a 20/30% cap on 'up attacks', and 1/2 rank as influence --- is there any big players who can/will really drop to get this bonus???)
Hensenshi
Strange Soldier

Forum wrote:(ps with rank mods... and a 20/30% cap on 'up attacks', and 1/2 rank as influence --- is there any big players who can/will really drop to get this bonus???)

Me.

Ok yea, I won't drop to attack up for the 30%, but I might drop to lower the rank mod against me. Depends on the defense and what I'm hitting for.

What about the superweapon? It wasn't mentioned in the final updates, does this mean it's not happening?
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

superweapon stays as is.
i *think* the display is right now...
the power is what it will release at.
so hopefully it goes in as is :)

Hensenshi[Omega] wrote:What about the superweapon? It wasn't mentioned in the final updates, does this mean it's not happening?
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

one last note - above a certain level, planet finding fleets get a lot more expensive.
and users can now 'tag' themselves with a 'tag name'... use it for what you will :)
i'll add 1 namechange to everyone incsae they already used their name to include a 'tag'....
bryan
Forum Intermediate

Forum wrote:one last note - above a certain level, planet finding fleets get a lot more expensive.
and users can now 'tag' themselves with a 'tag name'... use it for what you will :)
i'll add 1 namechange to everyone incsae they already used their name to include a 'tag'....

i think a type of tax system or something might work for that. maybe using levels. ie 100m planets = 10% tax on planet income, 200m = 25%. it means that as you go past a bracket, your income will actually drop. might work better for main, so that people can stick just below the bracket while building up or something.
Bryan wrote:shoot first, fire missiles second. if anything left, drop a nuke
Genlucky wrote:Opinions are like **Filtered**. everyone has one, and some are bigger than others
buck wrote:i am infact the proverbial nutcase
Chris M
Forum Expert
Race: System Lord
ID: 13122

will command star effect rank now?
RETIRED
Jeffsupersaiyan
Fledgling Forumer

wait noo not yet im not redy can it wait another 3 months. ascended being is only at 75 each level noooo im gonnaa die :( :( :(
Shooting Star
Forum Irregular

I have heard a rumor that the number of planets is going to be limited to a finite number, ie. when you reach said number, you don't get anymore planets. Is this true? And, if it is, what is the number and how are the people who get their first going to be compensated for their industriousness and savvy in playing the game the way it was supposed to be played, instead of quick ascending and just going for the main bonuses?
The O-Neill
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
Race: Ancient-Tauri
ID: 11531

I'm only for the planet exploration fleets getting more expensive if that number is above what is currently the highest.
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil,
is good men do nothing.
Hensenshi
Strange Soldier

Shooting Star wrote:how are the people who get their first going to be compensated for their industriousness and savvy in playing the game the way it was supposed to be played, instead of quick ascending and just going for the main bonuses?

You don't. Much like those who played main right don't get compensated.
Shooting Star
Forum Irregular

Actually in main, you still get UU once you reach 100 million army size. You just suffer some sort of plague. I don't have a problem with that kind of limitation. However, setting a finite cap to the planet totals in ascension is patently unfair.

Return to “Discussion on Released Enhancements”