Tournament Match 1: Deathmatch

For general discussion about the tournament, battles, vendettas and for requesting team members or requesting to be apart of a team.
hokiehomeboy
Forum Regular
Alliance: Suicide Squad
Race: Hitman

Re: Tournament Match 1: Deathmatch

Sol wrote:some people just want to be apart of things ;)

However I'm thinking of something like, after the amount of players in the arena hits 15, every 6 hours, the person with the least amount of planets killed, is removed from the arena (or all defence is destroyed or some form of punishment for inactivity). This will deter deadlocks forming in there.

I like your ideas as well. As soon as things wrap up we need a suggestion thread, but 6 hours seems VERY steep. If a nice demi is the reward, giving up a week of your ascended account in the normal realm is the cost. Because a week of farming, UP, DMU generation, ATs, that is significant. So the risk needs to be worth the reward. But, before the next tourney a suggestion thread needs to be made, because yeah this tourney is looking horribly close to a deadlock. With people still just sitting around doing nothing. Some with 20bil planets or more :-k

Anyone want to sacrifice their account just to ensure this turtle won't win? :)
Signature Here
[IMG]http://terranfamily.win/sigs/tommy/TestSig3.jpg[/IMG]

Thank you Tweetygirl for the glorious siggy!

[IMG]http://terranfamily.win/sigs/tommy/TestSig2.jpg[/IMG]
Sol
Forum Addict
ID: 0

If this deadlock continues i'll just kill everyone and void all the prizes :razz:
But yeah, i was planning on the suggestion thread anyway.
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
Gohan
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: MaYHeM HC
Race: Jem'hadar
ID: 1913240
Alternate name(s): Gohan, Hope, Kira, Vix, ~Xtr3m3_t14rgri4N.

Anyway to extend the wait time, to say 10hours or so? 6hours seems a little painful. If you go to work and there are 17 players, 2 get knocked out before lunch. Before you even get home to see, 2 players have gone, you're at the 15 player level and you've been kicked because you're below the planet level and ain't killed anyone. It seems like the main issue that'll arise is work and other commitments over actual gameplay. That being said, starting a kill time to make sure there's no deadlocks, i like it, very evil.
Sol
Forum Addict
ID: 0

details can be figured out later..
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
hokiehomeboy
Forum Regular
Alliance: Suicide Squad
Race: Hitman

A spawn camper will win this tourney. They will be paying far after the tourney ends, but for the next tourney we should consider fixing this.
Signature Here
[IMG]http://terranfamily.win/sigs/tommy/TestSig3.jpg[/IMG]

Thank you Tweetygirl for the glorious siggy!

[IMG]http://terranfamily.win/sigs/tommy/TestSig2.jpg[/IMG]
Lebe
Forum Grunt

There is no deathlock, just lack of enough ATs for final action. Lets just say, these players that are left are very active, so it will not cost only 1K ATs to kill one of them. It will take at least 10 minutes to make 38 attacks and it will take 1 hour between TCs. In other words said, long enough for player to get online. So 2K - 2,5K ATs (or more) at one person, who will not give up. Considering only 1920 ATs per day, it takes a while, to acumulate enough ATs to take down turtle.

Maybe after player count will reeach 16, there could be 60 or 70 ATs per TC and when player count reaches 8, 80 or 90. This will solve it (especialy, when undermassing is possible). And maybe increasing phasing limit. 8 attacks per TC is giving hours and hours for everybody to save his acount
Jim
Pony Princess
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Asgard
ID: 45162
Alternate name(s): Bucephalus
Kishin

06:51:35 on 22nd Feb snapser [TÅÅE] Bina [Dragon Company] 5
05:22:00 on 22nd Feb Bina [Dragon Company] hokiehomeboy [I Mass You] 6

Well there goes your blaze of glory Bina :-D GJ

So Snap, Searg, Neim and Vahid?

One more to go!

Go snapser, beat those turtles to death!
Go Vahid, man up and take the other turtles down!
nimious
Fledgling Forumer

tournament was fun while it lasted. but it would be better if we would get more turns per turn, since you cant rely finish someone without few ks of ats
and i believe sabotage and assassination are broken. i was able to sab people who had 50% greater covert than me. and i couldnt assassinate people even when i had more than 140% their assassination action.

also, it's sad how low have this game fallen. i probably had lowest power up lvls of all people in the arena. and somehow i managed to stay in the game almost untill the end. and when i massed someone whose lvls are from 50 do 67% greaters than mine, guess what his reaction was. in the old days, if someone with so weaker acc succesfuly massed you, you was either quiet out of shame, or you congratulated him, give him a few tips, invited him in aliance or something.
but he instead resolved to threads about sitting on my accs after the end of the tournament. realy, it takes great skill to mass messiah acc, that is less then 3 months old...
Jim
Pony Princess
Kishin

nimious wrote:tournament was fun while it lasted. but it would be better if we would get more turns per turn, since you cant rely finish someone without few ks of ats
and i believe sabotage and assassination are broken. i was able to sab people who had 50% greater covert than me. and i couldn't assassinate people even when i had more than 140% their assassination action.

also, it's sad how low have this game fallen. i probably had lowest power up lvls of all people in the arena. and somehow i managed to stay in the game almost until the end. and when i massed someone whose lvls are from 50 do 67% greater than mine, guess what his reaction was. in the old days, if someone with so weaker acc successfully massed you, you was either quiet out of shame, or you congratulated him, give him a few tips, invited him in alliance or something.
but he instead resolved to threads about sitting on my accs after the end of the tournament. really, it takes great skill to mass messiah acc, that is less then 3 months old...

Who threatened you? That's not cricket.
Well done on staying to the end with your levels, gunna be hard for somebody to mass you now with the amount of planets you have.
Lebe
Forum Grunt

nimious wrote:tournament was fun while it lasted. but it would be better if we would get more turns per turn, since you cant rely finish someone without few ks of ats
and i believe sabotage and assassination are broken. i was able to sab people who had 50% greater covert than me. and i couldnt assassinate people even when i had more than 140% their assassination action.

also, it's sad how low have this game fallen. i probably had lowest power up lvls of all people in the arena. and somehow i managed to stay in the game almost untill the end. and when i massed someone whose lvls are from 50 do 67% greaters than mine, guess what his reaction was. in the old days, if someone with so weaker acc succesfuly massed you, you was either quiet out of shame, or you congratulated him, give him a few tips, invited him in aliance or something.
but he instead resolved to threads about sitting on my accs after the end of the tournament. realy, it takes great skill to mass messiah acc, that is less then 3 months old...

LOL, PM me his. There are only 3 others ppl and it was not me and vahid seem to be already offline.

Assasination was fine, you had to use much more assasins as you did, but sabotages a bit weird, that is right. You were able to sabotage with 4B spyes at level 1030 (cca 530T cover power), 2B spyes at critical with level 1480 (cca 450T cover power). I putted these numbers to 2 different calculators and both were saying, that 4B planets are just not enough...
Lord Master
Forum Irregular
Alliance: [Generations]
ID: 1920232

About being a turtle, I tried to kill a few players. But with critical set and the target phased its a lottery who will get the kill. Really annoying to use a lot of turns and seeing someone else getting the kill:-(
nimious
Fledgling Forumer

hehe, i dont have much planets anymore, got massed a few times :D
i lost 20bil planets :D

but i believe we should get more planets / 100 lvls you are behing in tech
it is true that with a lot of planets you are costly to mass, but it hurt you when you mass (ever tried to mass someone with 500 lvls greater tech? you lose 5-8 times more than him)
Lebe
Forum Grunt

nimious wrote:hehe, i dont have much planets anymore, got massed a few times :D

it is true that with a lot of planets you are costly to mass, but it hurt you when you mass (ever tried to mass someone with 500 lvls greater tech? you lose 5-8 times more than him)

That is because your attack was only 1/2 of the target defence and later you had only 1/4 or 1/5 of his defence. And no, planets are fine. You lost billons planets yesterday, billions planets today and you are still able to cause a lot of damage.

Nimious really used his acount, to sab all weapons, so in the end, only he is/was making any DMU. Today, he sabbed many times all my attack weapons to 0 and costed him only few ATs and planets (now I do not have enough DMU to rearm again, nighter have other, but there are still possibilities how to earn some DMU).
nimious
Fledgling Forumer

Lebe wrote:LOL, PM me his. There are only 3 others ppl and it was not me and vahid seem to be already offline.

Assasination was fine, you had to use much more assasins as you did, but sabotages a bit weird, that is right. You were able to sabotage with 4B spyes at level 1030 (cca 530T cover power), 2B spyes at critical with level 1480 (cca 450T cover power). I putted these numbers to 2 different calculators and both were saying, that 4B planets are just not enough...

i send all my assassins and i still failed. my power was 14XXT, and his was around 1000T. about sabotage, my power was 360, and his 540, and it didnt fail :D
i dont know mechanics in ascended, but in Q that couldnt have happened
Jim
Pony Princess
Kishin

nimious wrote:hehe, i dont have much planets anymore, got massed a few times :D

The point of you getting extra planets is not to make the arena equal, its to make you have a chance and I think you have shown you do have a chance. You have been very hard to mass and are still in the game.

Return to “Tournament Discussion”