sab to work on attack weapons only

When BIG changes come, some advance notice MAY be given, depending on the type of enhancement.
this is where to discuss these that are announced, and where we announce them.
Jixxi
Fledgling Forumer
ID: 0
Alternate name(s): jix

Re: sab to work on attack weapons only

whoever told you massing is no longer part of the game does'nt now what he/she is talking about Forum.

changing sab might be good idea thou how about a drop down box where you can choose to go for either strike or defence weapons

Stike sab = 2-3% of strike weapons taken per sab
Defence sab = 2-3% of defence weapns taken
random sab = 4-5% of either defence or strike weapons taken totaly random but never a mix of the two diffrent weapon types.

and if your no willing to get rid of the alliance repair button i would suggest greatly increasing the cost of it so alliances would'nt be so quick to use it all the time.

decreasing the kill rate for the attcker would help increase massing also
[img]http:/ascendedempire.com/esigs/Sigma/Jix.png[/img]
Ra
Sun God
ID: 10085

just no.
Death is the Road to Awe

Jixxi
Fledgling Forumer
Alternate name(s): jix

to forums suggestion or mine? or both lol
[img]http:/ascendedempire.com/esigs/Sigma/Jix.png[/img]
Tekki
Forum Addict

Jixxi wrote:whoever told you massing is no longer part of the game does'nt now what he/she is talking about Forum.

changing sab might be good idea thou how about a drop down box where you can choose to go for either strike or defence weapons

Stike sab = 2-3% of strike weapons taken per sab
Defence sab = 2-3% of defence weapns taken
random sab = 4-5% of either defence or strike weapons taken totaly random but never a mix of the two diffrent weapon types.

and if your no willing to get rid of the alliance repair button i would suggest greatly increasing the cost of it so alliances would'nt be so quick to use it all the time.

decreasing the kill rate for the attcker would help increase massing also

Jix, sab already takes 3% of weapons. but a drop box would be nice to pick out which you sab
Spoiler
Initial masser on Field Marshal's 120t defence and on Rodwolf's 177t defence.

The forces of Rodwolf fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 178,947,245,996,720 damage on Tekki's forces!

The forces of Rodwolf fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 3 damage on Tekki's forces!
Jedi~Tank wrote:@ADMINS- ALL ADMINS, this is the absolute worst game forum I have ever seen (this sentiment is shared by many) It is amazing how ya;ll can go from good job to complete garbage in no time at all.

Jedi~Tank
A sentiment I can agree with, except some of them have never done a good job. For further details, PM me INGAME Id 9095.
---
Spoiler
Image Image
Image Image
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

Not a good idea IMO. The game is too defensive and covert based as it is.

"What I want to see is a tight knit group not a collection of people pulling in different directions"
Deni
BarelyAllen
Forum Expert
Alliance: Justice League
Race: Speedster
ID: 1996821
Alternate name(s): Amag

RepliMagni wrote:
renegadze wrote:So we need 0 covert to protect our defs now?

so basically if I set myself up with a huge def, and a raiders strike, I'm untouchable

Military Effectiveness
Strike Action 0 Ranked: 30,000
Defensive Action 300,000,000,000,000 Ranked: 1
Covert Action 0 Ranked 20,000

How long before we see someone with those stats? 8-[

I know... good point, but 100% IMPOSSIBLE. Covert is always at least one :D. I know what you mean, though. it is very dumb IMO.
-Silence will fall-

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Need a sig? Want one of the ones on display in the spoiler edited for your use? Just ask.

http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=174250 feedback
Tekki
Forum Addict

ANG (27) wrote:
RepliMagni wrote:

so basically if I set myself up with a huge def, and a raiders strike, I'm untouchable

Military Effectiveness

I know... good point, but 100% IMPOSSIBLE. Covert is always at least one. I know what you mean.

There is nothing impossible about those stats, if this change went through.
Spoiler

The forces of Rodwolf fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 178,947,245,996,720 damage on Tekki's forces!

The forces of Rodwolf fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 3 damage on Tekki's forces!
Jedi~Tank wrote:@ADMINS- ALL ADMINS, this is the absolute worst game forum I have ever seen (this sentiment is shared by many) It is amazing how ya;ll can go from good job to complete garbage in no time at all.

Jedi~Tank
A sentiment I can agree with, except some of them have never done a good job. For further details, PM me INGAME Id 9095.
---
Spoiler
Image Image
Image Image
~Coyle~
Forum Addict
Alliance: Doom
Race: Irish

Tekki wrote:
ANG (27) wrote:
RepliMagni wrote:

Military Effectiveness

I know... good point, but 100% IMPOSSIBLE. Covert is always at least one. I know what you mean.

There is nothing impossible about those stats, if this change went through.

Actually while typing my previous posts i didnt think of this at all though, that would be bad :-D

Buck had a some very good points though :)

...what makes you think Tom can't hurt you? Guy's a genius :P He's walking around, a free man, with over a hundred child molestation charges on him - Daku
Z E R O
Forum Addict
Alliance: Jötunheim
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 1918344
Alternate name(s): Hymir

My little bit of input (for what it matters) is turn back the covert settings to how they were before. Less effective. Turn up the power of attack to some sort of happy medium between how it was before and how it is now. What this would do is effectively counter the super-power based on covert levels that we're currently dealing with. With attack power, I can't remember specifically what you changed, but the loss ratios went way up in favour of the defender. If you want to see more accounts straight massed "the old fashioned way" Turn attacker losses down a slight amount (not too much because IMO the current loss ratio is quite fair, compared to before). Also things to consider may be returning some power into MS's and atk planets.. but perhaps not as much as they used to be. Find a happy medium and stick with it, rather than doing something drastic that will effect gameplay in a major way.
Z E R O - Jötunheim - 1907332 - UnKnown of the TOLAH
*Zero - 1991093
Spoiler
Lu Bu
Forum Intermediate
ID: 96625

This is clearly an early april fools joke guys.. haha
~King of the Goa'uld~
A powerful and intelligent Goa'uld, Lu Bu was a leader among the System Lords and is one of the oldest Goa'uld to currently hold that rank.
Legend says that Lu Bu sprang forth into the world from a dragon's body, and possessed great mythic powers.
Tekki
Forum Addict

Attack planets are actually fine, though seriously if you have a 15t defense then for the most part the addition a planet makes to it is rather small. If anything defense planets are under powered.

As for covert... it is NOT over powered. It's just FINALLY GOT some power. In the past it was this tepid thing that you couldn't do anything with and was barely used. Now it can actually do some damage and it seems that most people aren't prepared to adjust for that.

In my opinion the thing that's really killing massing is the losses, which are approximately one to one, the alliance repair and PPT which can seriously screw up your losses and auto war, which means once you have massed someone you hand your stats to them on a silver platter because then they can destroy EVERYTHING including your spies, while you merely phased them.

In summary though:

1. Most people think this is an absolute joke of an idea
2. If you want more massing, tone down the losses a little
3. Alliance repair/PPT is also helping to remove massing as a good option
4. Sabbing still needs to target both sets of weapons.
Spoiler

Jedi~Tank
---
Spoiler
Image Image
Image Image
Lu Bu
Forum Intermediate
ID: 96625

Tekki wrote:Attack planets are actually fine, though seriously if you have a 15t defense then for the most part the addition a planet makes to it is rather small. If anything defense planets are under powered.

As for covert... it is NOT over powered. It's just FINALLY GOT some power. In the past it was this tepid thing that you couldn't do anything with and was barely used. Now it can actually do some damage and it seems that most people aren't prepared to adjust for that.

In my opinion the thing that's really killing massing is the losses, which are approximately one to one, the alliance repair and PPT which can seriously screw up your losses and auto war, which means once you have massed someone you hand your stats to them on a silver platter because then they can destroy EVERYTHING including your spies, while you merely phased them.

In summary though:

Well said. +1 :)
~King of the Goa'uld~
A powerful and intelligent Goa'uld, Lu Bu was a leader among the System Lords and is one of the oldest Goa'uld to currently hold that rank.
Legend says that Lu Bu sprang forth into the world from a dragon's body, and possessed great mythic powers.
Z E R O
Forum Addict
Alliance: Jötunheim
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 1918344
Alternate name(s): Hymir

Lu Bu wrote:
Tekki wrote:Attack planets are actually fine, though seriously if you have a 15t defense then for the most part the addition a planet makes to it is rather small. If anything defense planets are under powered.

In summary though:

Well said. +1 :)

Yes, agreed. Said what my drunken self couldn't say better. :)
Z E R O - Jötunheim - 1907332 - UnKnown of the TOLAH
*Zero - 1991093
Spoiler
Borek
Forum Addict

I don't see any problem with the losses for massing, the issues is completely with alliance repair. I mean if the target is personally online repairing then fair enough to expect a large defense to be incredibly expensive to mass, but as it stands you can have 1,2,3 IC online repairing everyone's weapons for a ludicrously small amount of cost to the alliance.

Why would a defense that costs hundreds of billions, or trillions, to repair manually for the person being massed be practically free to repair over and over again via alliance repair option? Same goes for strike, i know many people who use top 10 ranked strikes to mass farm for 30 bill hits when they have IC position and can hit alliance repair. This is just retarded.

Massing and being massed SHOULD cost a lot if the defense is large, but it should cost BOTH parties, get rid of alliance repair completely and you will see massing come right back. We would still have the limited use of Alliance PPT so an IC can still protect, for a limited time, their members, hopefully until they can get online. If not, well tough luck, they got massed.
Edmund Blackadder-"The path of my Life is beset with Cowpats from the Devils own satanic herd!"
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

Borek wrote:I don't see any problem with the losses for massing, the issues is completely with alliance repair. I mean if the target is personally online repairing then fair enough to expect a large defense to be incredibly expensive to mass, but as it stands you can have 1,2,3 IC online repairing everyone's weapons for a ludicrously small amount of cost to the alliance.

Why would a defense that costs hundreds of billions, or trillions, to repair manually for the person being massed be practically free to repair over and over again via alliance repair option? Same goes for strike, i know many people who use top 10 ranked strikes to mass farm for 30 bill hits when they have IC position and can hit alliance repair. This is just retarded.

Massing and being massed SHOULD cost a lot if the defense is large, but it should cost BOTH parties, get rid of alliance repair completely and you will see massing come right back. We would still have the limited use of Alliance PPT so an IC can still protect, for a limited time, their members, hopefully until they can get online. If not, well tough luck, they got massed.

:-D and with that said massing is still effective if you seek to kill off supers while the defense is being repaired..perhaps tweek the mercs lost % per hit.

"What I want to see is a tight knit group not a collection of people pulling in different directions"
Deni

Return to “Discussion on Enhancements (coming up)”