I was given a warning for the wrong reasons...

Ombudsman Case Archives
~Drunken Master~
Forum Regular
Race: Drunken

Re: I was given a warning for the wrong reasons...

[BoT] Jason wrote:
Malasorte wrote:Jason, what you are saying is bull **Filtered** and you know it.
And why so, I simply asked him to prove his innocence... Use what you said without the masking

I will now wait for Odin to make his feed back
Spoiler
Spoiler
renegadze
Forum Elite
ID: 0

[BoT] Jason wrote:
Malasorte wrote:Jason, what you are saying is bull **Filtered** and you know it.
And why so, I simply asked him to prove his innocence... Use what you said without the masking

I'm sorry I thought you were innocent until proven guilty lol surely the emphasis is on the "administration" to prove his guilt? :-"
Spoiler
ImageImageImage
Mathlord
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
Race: Tollan
ID: 12759

Who on earth masks the word flaming? This is stupid.

Bruno, we've all been warned before. It happens. Get over it.
Spoiler

13:38 General Zeus Sabotage Repelled 377,977,330 details

The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 305,393,963,879,000 damage on Mathlord's forces!
They managed to eradicate 4,635,986 of Mathlord's troops.
---
The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 12 damage on Mathlord's forces!
They managed to eradicate 0 of Mathlord's troops.
~Drunken Master~
Forum Regular

Mathlord wrote:Who on earth masks the word flaming? This is stupid.

[-X
Spoiler
Spoiler
Rudy Peña
Forum Addict
Alternate name(s): Wrath of Achilles

~BrunoDaOzzy~ wrote:

[-X
Kinda sad seeing you act like this bruno, you are being really dumb right now. Just man up and admit it. I do agree, there was no reason for you to not say the full word of flaming.
Spoiler
R0B3RT wrote: you are like my wife
you never loose :smt101
Spoiler
Field Marshall wrote:I don't think there is a single member ingame that could take on the lion at the moment. Not a single person...
I'm a brown nose. Sue me.
Psyko
The Irresistible

renegadze wrote:
[BoT] Jason wrote:

I'm sorry I thought you were innocent until proven guilty lol surely the emphasis is on the "administration" to prove his guilt? :-"

~BrunoDaOzzy~ wrote:+1 TOOOOOOOOOOO F#$%ING SLOW WTH

The context does not make "flaming" seem like the word being altered here. That, with the addition of "WTH" (which is an automatic filter edit if a person types the alternate form), and the fact that "flaming" would not need to be masked for any reason would lead me to believe that this was masking of **Filtered**.

Too **Filtered** slow
is more likely due to context than
Too flaming slow

If Bruno had simply allowed the filter to pick up the word and filter it or wrote "flaming", there wouldn't be a problem. In my opinion, that makes this whole thing his fault and not the fault of Mods because any one of us would have probably interpreted this post the same way.

All of you know that very little can be 100% proven on the internet, especially when it comes to the intention of the person posting, but you all know the rules.

Anyone who assumes they can mask a word that is similar to a word on the filter and not be warned is kidding themselves. Mods have to do their jobs according to the rules, and if a masked word can be interpreted as a word like **Filtered**, a warning is issued. The same thing happened when users masked and then claimed the word being masked was "fool".
愛美
Section Admin of
General and the GC
~Drunken Master~
Forum Regular

Rudy Pena wrote:
~BrunoDaOzzy~ wrote:

[-X
Kinda sad seeing you act like this bruno, you are being really dumb right now. Just man up and admit it. I do agree, there was no reason for you to not say the full word of flaming.

There is no law saying I must say the full word.... Also it is none of ur business what I post...
Spoiler
Spoiler
Kit-Fox
Forum Elite

Removed
Last edited by Kit-Fox on Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
The river tells no lies, yet standing at its shores the dishonest man still hears them

If you dont like what I post, then tough. Either dont read it or dont bother replying to it.
Rudy Peña
Forum Addict

~BrunoDaOzzy~ wrote:
Rudy Pena wrote:
~BrunoDaOzzy~ wrote:

[-X

There is no law saying I must say the full word.... Also it is none of ur business what I post...

But there is a law against masking, which taking the masked word and the way you used it. It does look like you are masking. Maybe you should use the word Frak or Frack(depending with you like better), I have used it quite a bit cause its a made up word.
It is none of mines, but I do have the right to post where ever I want on this forum.

Now please be a good boy and stop being bad. :-" :-"
Spoiler
Spoiler
Field Marshall wrote:I don't think there is a single member ingame that could take on the lion at the moment. Not a single person...
~Drunken Master~
Forum Regular

Bro, if I wanted to say the word **Filtered**, then I would have said it like i just did not and it would have been filtered....

This forum is free and people are allowed to express them selves in anyway they want without having to ask permission unless they r doing something bad....

WE DO NOT LIVE IN MOTHER RUSSIA NOW DO WE RUDY OLD CHAP..
Spoiler
Spoiler
Rudy Peña
Forum Addict

~BrunoDaOzzy~ wrote:Bro, if I wanted to say the word **Filtered**, then I would have said it like i just did not and it would have been filtered....

This forum is free and people are allowed to express them selves in anyway they want without having to ask permission unless they r doing something bad....

WE DO NOT LIVE IN MOTHER RUSSIA NOW DO WE RUDY OLD CHAP..

Yes this forum is free and all that good stuff you said, this is also a family friendly forum too. :-$ :-$

No this is not, but we all must obey the laws or else we get punished if we get caught. Nor are we in America, we are in the internet and thus all this is just lines and codes.
Spoiler
Spoiler
Mathlord
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
ID: 12759

Why didn't you just say flaming then? Did you think flaming was a bad word?

If you did think it was a bad word, then why did you mask it, since as you know, masking is against the rules?

It's one board warning, man. These things happen. It's not going to end your career or prevent you from ever posting anywhere again. I've had quite a few over the years...when I did something that was against the rules, I learned from it for next time. It's not that hard to do. Getting all uppity about it on the forums will not help your case, it just means people are less likely to believe you when you have a real complaint to make...boy who cries wolf and all that.
Last edited by Mathlord on Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler

13:38 General Zeus Sabotage Repelled 377,977,330 details

The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 305,393,963,879,000 damage on Mathlord's forces!
They managed to eradicate 4,635,986 of Mathlord's troops.
---
The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 12 damage on Mathlord's forces!
They managed to eradicate 0 of Mathlord's troops.
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

If you absolutely have to swear, either write the exact word so that the filter removes it, use made up words like "gghwghahggah", or accept being warned.
The forum rules concerning masking have been pretty much identical for the entire time we've been part of the mod team. And that time is well over 5 years now.

Oh, and remember that little thing you agreed to when joining the forums? You should try reading it again.

registration agreement wrote:By accessing “StarGateWars Forums” (hereinafter “we”, “us”, “our”, “StarGateWars Forums”, “http://talk.gatewa.rs”), you agree to be legally bound by the following terms. If you do not agree to be legally bound by all of the following terms then please do not access and/or use “StarGateWars Forums”. We may change these at any time and we’ll do our utmost in informing you, though it would be prudent to review this regularly yourself as your continued usage of “StarGateWars Forums” after changes mean you agree to be legally bound by these terms as they are updated and/or amended.

Our forums are powered by phpBB (hereinafter “they”, “them”, “their”, “phpBB software”, “www.phpbb.com”, “phpBB Group”, “phpBB Teams”) which is a bulletin board solution released under the “General Public License” (hereinafter “GPL”) and can be downloaded from http://www.phpbb.com. The phpBB software only facilitates internet based discussions, the phpBB Group are not responsible for what we allow and/or disallow as permissible content and/or conduct. For further information about phpBB, please see: http://www.phpbb.com/.

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate any laws be it of your country, the country where “StarGateWars Forums” is hosted or International Law. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned, with notification of your Internet Service Provider if deemed required by us. The IP address of all posts are recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that “StarGateWars Forums” have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should we see fit. As a user you agree to any information you have entered to being stored in a database. While this information will not be disclosed to any third party without your consent, neither “StarGateWars Forums” nor phpBB shall be held responsible for any hacking attempt that may lead to the data being compromised.
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...
~Drunken Master~
Forum Regular

Mathlord wrote:Why didn't you just say flaming then? Did you think flaming was a bad word?

If you did think it was a bad word, then why did you mask it, since as you know, masking is against the rules?

I did not know it was against the rules to mask any word ..
Spoiler
Spoiler
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...

Return to “Case Archives”