APP - > LF continuous function

For discussion on balance, bugs, likes, dislikes of recently released features.
prsko
Forum Irregular

Re: APP - > LF continuous function

Sol wrote:I Basically I kept it fairly small because I didn't want to give noobs an APP induced coma (they need to learn to farm and grow just like we all did ;) ).

=D>
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Lone wolf
Race: Slovenian
ID: 82089

I don't really see why people are whining 'oh but the people who ascend now are going to get so much more LF' - do you see those people whining 'oh but the people who ascended before have a HUGE CER and HUGE armies and if they don't mass their army away I will never catch them in my lifetime' or 'oh but the people who played ascended when there were fewer active players could farm for sooo much more DMU, how will I ever catch them'?
Yes they get a bit more LF but they are also a few YEARS behind most of the TUKs so what are a few trillion LF compared to a few years of ATs and farming and whatnot?
It's the same as when AJ first made the change so MSs weren't lost anymore when ascending. A good couple of us spent a lot of naq after each ascension because we lost our MSs, and then all of a sudden people didn't lose MSs anymore and it was a bit easier for those to catch up our main accounts. What do you expect in a never-resetting game as old as this one? Do you want the noobs to start out with 3 UUs, 100ATs and 1 mill naq and, what was it, 30 UP? Yeah, awesome way to get new blood to the game..

~N
Haz wrote:It took a bit of time, but the investigation has now been completed.
S1eepy will be banned for scripting, for the remainder of this era.
Name: S1eepy [ TheCheekyChickens ]
{Banned}
2012 Awards awarded to me:
Spoiler
Bioflick
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: Mayhem
ID: 0
Alternate name(s): Bioflick

Neimenljivi wrote:I don't really see why people are whining 'oh but the people who ascend now are going to get so much more LF' - do you see those people whining 'oh but the people who ascended before have a HUGE CER and HUGE armies and if they don't mass their army away I will never catch them in my lifetime' or 'oh but the people who played ascended when there were fewer active players could farm for sooo much more DMU, how will I ever catch them'?
Yes they get a bit more LF but they are also a few YEARS behind most of the TUKs so what are a few trillion LF compared to a few years of ATs and farming and whatnot?
It's the same as when AJ first made the change so MSs weren't lost anymore when ascending. A good couple of us spent a lot of naq after each ascension because we lost our MSs, and then all of a sudden people didn't lose MSs anymore and it was a bit easier for those to catch up our main accounts. What do you expect in a never-resetting game as old as this one? Do you want the noobs to start out with 3 UUs, 100ATs and 1 mill naq and, what was it, 30 UP? Yeah, awesome way to get new blood to the game..

~N

+1

Taf descensions 2014
Spoiler
dapice
Firefly
[ Tauri Alliance - AussieOiOi]
DESCENDED UnKnown of the ORI

Kristof
[ TÅTS - Columb]
DESCENDED UnKnown of the TOLAH

VAGABOND
Ash to Ash
[ Tauri Alliance - NoMad]
DESCENDED UnNamed of the ORI

X91
[ TÅÅE ]
Disciples of Amun (Swiftness)
DESCENDED UnKnown of the ORI

Aizen
Squad 5
[ TÅTS - Destroyer]
Disciples of Aker (Alertness)
DESCENDED Timeless Ancient God of the ORI
Spoiler
RepliNorbe
Forum Grunt

Dear SoL,

My ascended RepliBlocks are having a very hard time Replicating, despite having been given a huge boost of Life Force from my one-time APP conversion.

Please consider: An account that ascends for the first time. If you are not able to have the initial boost of production and charisma levels, then it will be very very very very very very very^21221 hard for anyone to increase their CER to a point where they get an army size that allows them to farm. As it is for me with level 1400 production and 800 charisma, i've not even been able to build 1k fleets so far. Remove the APP > LF conversion, and you remove any ability for a new member to even begin to build their account. You either need to allow a one-time conversion for the first ascension, or provide a method around the 1/5th rule to allow new accounts to farm DMU to build up from the start.

If you don't think this is neccessary, work out the amount of time it'll take a new account starting with a fresh account and 0 APP to build up to 1B army size.

~Repli.N.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

RepliNorbe wrote:Dear SoL,

My ascended RepliBlocks are having a very hard time Replicating, despite having been given a huge boost of Life Force from my one-time APP conversion.

Please consider: An account that ascends for the first time. If you are not able to have the initial boost of production and charisma levels, then it will be very very very very very very very^21221 hard for anyone to increase their CER to a point where they get an army size that allows them to farm. As it is for me with level 1400 production and 800 charisma, i've not even been able to build 1k fleets so far. Remove the APP > LF conversion, and you remove any ability for a new member to even begin to build their account. You either need to allow a one-time conversion for the first ascension, or provide a method around the 1/5th rule to allow new accounts to farm DMU to build up from the start.

If you don't think this is neccessary, work out the amount of time it'll take a new account starting with a fresh account and 0 APP to build up to 1B army size.

~Repli.N.
Unless the 'under xx million planets' is floored; i.e. you would get a 'minimum' conversion rate when at the minimum. :)
If that makes any sense?
KOS
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: TAF
Race: Bender
ID: 1918344

I've been farming my ass off this last 3 to 4 weeks and i just started this account in aug, i just took it off Vac 4 weeks ago and started playing again. i have passed 1 bill sir and am moving rather well...

so 4 weeks of playing like crazy got me to the good farms... from nothing...
Last edited by KOS on Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

KOS wrote:I've been farming my ass off this last 3 to 4 weeks and i just started this account in aug, i just took it off Vac 4 weeks ago and started playing again. i have passed 1 bill sir and am moving rather well...
Case and point! (And coincidentally, good going, sir.)
Sol
Forum Addict

Juliette wrote:

~Repli.N.
Unless the 'under xx million planets' is floored; i.e. you would get a 'minimum' conversion rate when at the minimum. :)
If that makes any sense?

- The larger your planet count the more LF you will convert automatically per turn change. Vice versa the smaller your planet count is (trying not to give too much power to noobs).
- The change plateaus at 400 bill per turn and maximizes at 1 trill.

See the calc on the first page.
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
Cwalen
Fledgling Forumer

(julie and others)+1 to that.

Perhaps my ascended farming targets are too low, but I am having no problem at all in turning my turns into income.
Ascended is too important to risk a high income strategy.

OOOOOOH!
Thanks SOL

I might look at more fleets rather than farming the bottom of the list.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Sol wrote:
Juliette wrote:

~Repli.N.
If that makes any sense?

- The larger your planet count the more LF you will convert automatically per turn change. Vice versa the smaller your planet count is (trying not to give too much power to noobs).

Exactly.. so that does give the newbies and such a good in-flow of LFC. :) Good. ;)
KOS
Forum Intermediate

Fleets and charisma are your biggest starting out, get big fast so you can farm!
Cwalen
Fledgling Forumer

20% of the good farming targets lets you farm well without having the big guns being able to hit you.

I am happy with 150 000 000 000 000 hits. Plenty of them with only 4 000 000 000 planets.

Once I have two powerfully ascending main accounts? Then, I might be tempted by the big game,
KOS
Forum Intermediate

just looked at your account and i call BS! lol, no way i cant spy you, and your in the rank you are with no fleets... haha
RepliNorbe
Forum Grunt

KOS wrote:just looked at your account and i call BS! lol, no way i cant spy you, and your in the rank you are with no fleets... haha

You can't spy me because i'm still on PPT. Though I did just manage to get my 1k fleets last turn. My account will actually be okay and can get built easily because I had 70T LF from my ascension. It's after this update who don't have access to that who will struggle.

Sol wrote:- The larger your planet count the more LF you will convert automatically per turn change. Vice versa the smaller your planet count is (trying not to give too much power to noobs).

So a smaller player gets even LESS LF from APP? That really doesn't help at all... we need to build charisma and income, can't possibly do that without the LF.

~Repli.N.
KOS
Forum Intermediate

sorry spied wrong person, but on topic my last ascension only gave me 400bil LF which really sucks, but i was able to farm enough naq to accomplish what i needed. thats why im just busting up fleets, after reading about the last update. i hope i get better APP this next one...

Return to “Discussion on Released Enhancements”