Who is the most hated race in all the Galaxy?

For the RolePlaying of the various races found in GateWars.

Who is the most despised??

Tau'ri
5%
Asgard
35%
Replicators
7%
Goa'uld
11%
Tollan
2%
Ancient
3%
NanoTi Masters
3%
System Lords
7%
Tok'ra
10%
Dark Asgard/Tau'ri
16%

Total votes: 249
-Ailm-
Forum Irregular
ID: 0

Asgard ^_^

-Neph
thunder
Forum Intermediate

clearly the asgaurd are the worst and most anoying race
If you listen to what i say you'll learn lots
if you argue with what i say you'll lose
if you disagree with what i say your an idiot

I AM A DEBATOR FROM SASKATCHEWAN YAH

Shal Kek Nem Ron
SGC_Sam Fisher
Forum Spammer
Location: In a ventilation shaft about to infiltrate a terrorist hideout. In other words, a pretty normal day.

thunder wrote:clearly the asgaurd are the worst and most anoying race

Actually, we're the best race, though I have to agree with you on your second point, we do annoy some people.
The forces of SGC_Sam Fisher subdued those of JUAN.
The armies of JUAN were forced out of the realm of SGC_Sam Fisher in a none to glorious fashion! The defending forces were simply too much for them. It is sure that SGC_Sam Fisher will be considering a return visit to JUAN!

Aaaaaawwwwwww Yeeeeaaahhhhh!
ManiacMan
Forum Irregular

SGC_Sam Fisher wrote:
thunder wrote:clearly the asgaurd are the worst and most anoying race

Actually, we're the best race, though I have to agree with you on your second point, we do annoy some people.

Asgard are not so much the best race as they are the easiest race to play. They get attacked less often, because ppl are warry of holograms and high defences. And, as far as defense goes, Asgards are the brute force method - let's just have a super high defence, so no one can get me. They don't have to build high attacks, because they can farm the inactives, which takes so little skill, it's amazing.

On the other hand, in order for Tauri to take advantage of their skills, they have to farm the higher ranking players, which means choosing targets very carefully (so COs don't get pissed, etc.)

Goa'uld, since they're making more, always have to be on their toes. If an asgard can get away with logging in twice per day to bank, the snakehead with less defense, and higher income needs to login at least twice as often.

And reps...well reps get most of their defence from their covert, so it's an unforgiving balancing act between rank and covert, making sure that most of the ppl looking at you can't see past your covert (not going too high, or else more powerful tauri will farm you, not going too low, or else more powerful snakeheads will farm you).

So, to conclude, Asgards are the easiest race to play.
Raistlin Majere wrote:Do not consider this a warning, you have recieved enough of those. Your ass is mine.
(oh boy..)
thunder
Forum Intermediate

generaly the easyest way to chose a race would be on how easy it is to climb the ranks, the asgaurd have strong def however it is far easier to jump rank with attack then defence. also everyone hates them so they are always being targeted by sabs. or they should be

Shal Kek Nem Ron
ManiacMan
Forum Irregular

well, assuming that you are only trying to get G+R pts, or think that rank is important for anything else, then that is a valid point.

But, really rank is only loosely correlated with power.

Besides, I was talking about ease of play, not speed of rank gain. I just meant that Asgards are much more forgiving than other races when you make a bad play. (as in, if you're an asgard you're less likely to piss off the wrong guy farming, because you usually farm inactives, and you're less likely to get attacked when you forget to login, because of your high def, etc.)

Once you get up in experience, things even out, and individual play style takes over, but starting out, Asgard are definitely the easiest.
Last edited by ManiacMan on Mon Mar 20, 2006 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Raistlin Majere wrote:Do not consider this a warning, you have recieved enough of those. Your ass is mine.
(oh boy..)
Reeb
Forum Regular

I think most of you only hate asgard for one reason: the Holograms.

As far as easy goes: If I had to start all over again, I'd be a snakehead. More naq = more stuff, nuff said. Tauri can also hit BIGGER farms that nobody else but high ranked people can touch, meaning they don't have as much competition. If any race has it harder than the others, I'd say it's the replicators.

I voted Tauri a while back, and that's still my opinion. I wasn't around for the big tokra/dark asgard/dark tauri thing though.
Started playing at 13:46:04 14th January 2006.
ManiacMan
Forum Irregular

I totally agree, tauri, snakeheads and reps are more challenging, but they definitely have more potential.

And I also agree that reps got it hard, though it's my opinion that reps are the most challenging race to play, but have the potential to be the most powerful.

I'm a rep, and if i had to start over, i wouldn't do anything differently.
(oh boy..)
thunder
Forum Intermediate

ManiacMan wrote:Asgards are much more forgiving than other races when you make a bad play. (as in, if you're an asgard you're less likely to piss off the wrong guy farming, because you usually farm inactives.)

ok well i farm and im not asgaurd, every race can farm equally so i dont see your point

Shal Kek Nem Ron
thunder
Forum Intermediate

Reeb wrote:As far as easy goes: If I had to start all over again, I'd be a snakehead. More naq = more stuff, nuff said.

the naq bounus is nice, and thats why i belive they are the strongest race to be, but you have to remeber when your starting out you really dont make much naq per turn anyways, as most income comes from attack

Reeb wrote:Tauri can also hit BIGGER farms that nobody else but high ranked people can touch, meaning they don't have as much competition.

wow, considering that the highest attacks are often held by acended beings, not tauri

Reeb wrote:If any race has it harder than the others, I'd say it's the replicators.

the best way to get a strong race is to be a well rounded, and so i would rank the reps as second best race to be. tauri and asgaurd are basicaly the same except that the asgaurd def is harder to gain ranks with then tauri attack, so the rank of best rank should go Gou'ald Rep Tauri Asgaurd

Shal Kek Nem Ron
Lady_Ranusha

I voted Tau'ri. You really wanna know why. Because they are a nuisance and steal from the young ones. I'm sick of them a little. Man, I should've voted asgard because of those stupid little holographic projectors. :x
comander zao
Forum Irregular
Race: go'ald

i vote asgard cus they dominate to much.
some of u may remember me of Comander Zao.
Zao is back and out of my longest hiatus yet
[KMA]Avenger
Forum Zombie
Location: Borehamwood Elstree, England, 2 mins from George Lucas Studios.

the only good Tok'ra is a dead Tok'ra :evil:

LEARN YOUR PLACE EVERYBODY AND KNEEL AT THE FEET OF THE GOA'ULD...AND PRAY WE FIND YOU WORTHY! :twisted: :-D :twisted:

Infinite Love Is the Only Truth: Everything Else Is Illusion.

-David Icke
Rodregeus
Fledgling Forumer

i agree tauri are definately the easiest race to play IN THE BEGINING because you can make money easily cause you can hit the majority of people around your rank and higher. hence you get money faster.

BUT, once you start getting up in ranks the tauri bonus really loses its charm and is no where near what it was at the begining.

simply because, to get decent naq hit, more often than not, you have hit those freaken asguard defences, i have a nice high attack, but i never attack anymore, because the cost to replace the units losses from a big hit plus the rapair costs of a large attack leaves you with just about as much money as you would get from an inactive farm, which isnt much at all.

when your in G&R you really need that income, meaning you really need that defence, meaning tauri become a **Filtered** to play, BECAUSE OUR DEFENCE SUCKS!!! im closing in on twice the defence weapons than i have attack weapons, and my defence is still only half my attack.

i cant attack, i cant have a large income because my defence sucks and i can only log in once a day, and i cant build a good defence quickly cause its FREAKEN HARD!

so in essence, tauri are good to begin with, but after you hit G&R, attack goes out the window cause its either to costly, or the dam LG's got it all, and the defence and income sucks.

tauri arent so easy to play now are they.
Epic wrote:This can only be settled one way.......

A dance off.
amadkiwi
almost spammer
Location: On the TV. I am the one getting bundled into the back of a SWAT van by many people holding big guns

The ancients are irritating. They are too righteous for my sakes, and they are ascended asgarg. Double as annoying :x

Return to “Race General”