worst book you ever read

The Community's new book club where you can recommend and discuss your favourite novels to keep one busy during those boring hours of waiting to bank.
Londo Mollari
Lawnmower
Alliance: Serenity
Race: Jinchuriki

we wouldn't all be the same species (instead of Homo Sapiens, there were be several different species of human, probably all within the genus Homo).

there are pygmy tribes in the amazonian rainforests which have members belonging to members of a different genus from Homo Sapien, homo erectus i think? Same is thought to be true for the Aborigine's (native Australians) who are considered by some scientists to have originally have been members of another different genus. That means that yes there is room for genetic variation as we are not all 99% the same
Mordack wrote: I'd probably go gay for Benjamin Linus. He's everything I want to be.
Speaking as a Mod
Dannis
Fledgling Forumer
ID: 0

I'm pretty sure they disproved the theory you are discussing in the previous.

But since they are suspected to have walked to Australia during the ice age, anything is possible.

Forum Replicating pieman
WarEagle
Fledgling Forumer

Toa of Pi wrote:Worst book I've ever read? Catcher in the Rye.

Catcher in the Wry wasn't that bad, though. Completely unrelated.

I actually wanna read that. Mark David Chapman was carrying the book during his arrest for murdering John "Christ" Lennon. But I must say, I really do pity Chapman. The poor man gets an infinite amount of hate mail.

But anyways, worst books, evar:

"The Skin I'm In" by some awful author about a girl, who does homework for other people so she can wear nice cloths. It was a real tormentor. Required reading.

"The Dustbowl" by another awful author. About some other girl. The most primitive words that I've ever read. Diary format. I could really care less. Required reading.

"Bless Me, Ultima" by some Anaya taking about why religion is so hypocritical and why witches are good. Not a bad book persay, but it's a little too far-fetched with an EIGHT, yes EIGHT year old who witnesses three or four deaths and questions God and says God is too manly. Required reading. *shudders*

"The Things They Carried" by Tim something. Lots of bad words, useless information, drone... About how idiots carry extra weight and ammo for no reason... Required reading.

"The Bible" by LOTS of people. Genesis was pretty interesting, but I absolutely HATED Exodus. It had so much Priestly source in it on how to construct some stupid random objects. Read Exodus:25 to see what I'm talking about. I probably failed the test on it too. Still getting a B- in Theology, my worst class. :(

And some other required readings I've had to do.

So far the ONLY good or somewhat good books I've read as required reading is The Time Machine, by that dude you know, All Quiet on the Western Front by some other German dude, and that's it. All other books I've read through school pretty much suck.

No offense to any of you who actually like those books. It's just that I could care less about some loser's problems and ethical conflicts who decides to turn those experiences into worthless books that you'd be better off without.
Jai Guru Deva Om
SGW Fun!
Come_Forth
Forum Expert

I probably failed the test on it too. Still getting a B- in Theology, my worst class.

If you ever have any questions I can help, I got pretty good grades in those kinds of classes. I know Protestant theology pretty well, but not so much Catholic theology.
"Conservatives are not necessarily stupid, but most stupid people are conservatives."
John Stuart Mill
WarEagle
Fledgling Forumer

Come_Forth wrote:
I probably failed the test on it too. Still getting a B- in Theology, my worst class.

If you ever have any questions I can help, I got pretty good grades in those kinds of classes. I know Protestant theology pretty well, but not so much Catholic theology.

Well, I can only hope I do better in the future. My semester exams ended today and I'm pretty worn out. You have something close to a sweet 4.0 going, then exams come and you're pretty much in the ... And yes, it's a Catholic all-boy school.

I don't have any specific questions, it's just that my geography is awful and I happen to have the hardest Theology teacher. You pretty much have to memorize the Bible to get an A in his class. That and I'm not Catholic/Christian/whatever, but I'm trying to be as tolerant as I can. =) I may have a B-, but atleast I'm above class average, which is sad and good, depending on how you look at it. ;P

Thank you Come_Forth. I won't hesitate to pester you with any questions that might arise in the future. :)
Jai Guru Deva Om
SGW Fun!
Come_Forth
Forum Expert

I am not a Christian either and go to a Christian school, I find it interesting! Everyone is really nice I will hand that to them.
"Conservatives are not necessarily stupid, but most stupid people are conservatives."
John Stuart Mill
Flavar
Forum Elite

Well the worst book i ever read was death of a salesman
( i hope thats the title )

but to your bible discusioon. I read the whole bible ( took me only 4 month or so, and i crossreaded long list like son of ...
and on page later going on)

the important thing is about the bible that you cant take it word for word. you have to see it from whole.
nothing is as bad as direct quotes out of the old testament.

but if you see all of it it can be great if you are abel to open yourself to it.

if you really have questions to theologie i might be abel to help you.

but i doubt that your teacher would like my extrem liberal views, ( liberal for a former german catholic theologist student ( only one and a half year but still)

so have fun and try seeing it as whole

flavar
Writing as a mod. But i am currently testing colors. So if you want to claim one as yours or its not the best to read give me a call please :-)
Boober
Fledgling Forumer

Three by Ted Dekker

Mene Mene Tekel Parsin
Privaten
Forum Newbie
Alliance: The Confederacy
Race: Valkyrian
ID: 16773

Wish You Well
Capo
Forum Irregular

the worst books ever:

~Harry potter, all of them
~if you give a pig a pancake (if you give a moose a muffin isnt that bad)
~Everworld
~Anythign with "spiritual" in the title
~Any books with elves (dam elves...)
~Any book with garden gnomes (I hate those things)
Fear Of The Duck
Forum Zombie

I know this is a bit off-topic but IMAO the problem with the Bible is that it's The Bible. Smuggle it to people under a different title, replace the word "God" and the like with "Mysterious Power" and the like and they're gonna say something completely different about it (same applies to Koran (not Corran :wink: ) and other religious texts).

It's just some people will attack everything religious or promoting a different point of view than their own (and some of them still think of themselves as "tolerant")

And my worst book? Haven't read it yet.
Come_Forth
Forum Expert

If nothing else the Bible is a good history book of the area.
John Stuart Mill
The Xeno
n00b prophet

And my worst book? Haven't read it yet.

Give Emma a try. :wink:
Forget feminism, or class-satire, or a repressed plea for Imodium by the elderly... This is a work that pays homage to the great, world moving consequence of poultry, and the theft thereof.
Yea I say unto you; a turkieless coop is a marriage cemented.
Myseri
Forum Elite
Alliance: The Pond
Race: Goa'uld
ID: 15959

Scarlet Letter
Come_Forth
Forum Expert

A Tale of Two Cities
John Stuart Mill

Return to “The Book Club”