New size Update

For discussion on balance, bugs, likes, dislikes of recently released features.
Sarevok
Forum Addict
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 0

Re: New size Update

It may be more viable if for example there was some way to trade with others without lettings yourself be attacked. This would help larger people helping small people say in the same alliance grow larger. I actually was going to do a UU trade, after receiving DMU from someone in the top 20, i though i could sell to people lower then me, then i realized the update . . . no main boost for me :(
TheRook
Forum Addict
Alliance: Warlords of Briton
Race: Humanoid
ID: 30679

Sarevok wrote:It may be more viable if for example there was some way to trade with others without lettings yourself be attacked. This would help larger people helping small people say in the same alliance grow larger. I actually was going to do a UU trade, after receiving DMU from someone in the top 20, i though i could sell to people lower then me, then i realized the update . . . no main boost for me :(

yea cross server trading needs implementing... while the idea of ascension was that no trading would take place...

thats clearly fallen on its "back side"...

So may as well implement it now...

There are many small guys in our alliance that would benefit from a days wort hof my ascended income far greater than I would and will set them up for the future ;)

TheRook
My Account for Sale (cold hard cash) at the link below (Have a look its a great deal!)
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 1&t=174111

Main ID = 30679 | Ascended ID = 1467
Sarevok
Forum Addict

I recon hey. You like offer them say 100 trilion, and there in the top 300 in a day :)
Mojo Rising
Forum Irregular
ID: 1975707

TheRook wrote:
Sarevok wrote:It may be more viable if for example there was some way to trade with others without lettings yourself be attacked. This would help larger people helping small people say in the same alliance grow larger. I actually was going to do a UU trade, after receiving DMU from someone in the top 20, i though i could sell to people lower then me, then i realized the update . . . no main boost for me :(

yea cross server trading needs implementing... while the idea of ascension was that no trading would take place...

thats clearly fallen on its "back side"...

So may as well implement it now...

There are many small guys in our alliance that would benefit from a days wort hof my ascended income far greater than I would and will set them up for the future ;)

TheRook

Interesting how ideas that were NOT supposed to happen are being suggested and accepted by other members, like cross-server trading between ascension and main, yet other ideas, like a total reset of both servers (which is the only fair and equitable way of changing what is wrong with main and ascension) are immediately and violently put down.
Sarevok
Forum Addict

I think because people don't like the idea of loosing 300+ million units in main, and 10 planets worth about 100 trillion each, with a reset. People have put 2+ years into the game, and don't want to loose all the work
TheRook
Forum Addict
Alliance: Warlords of Briton
Race: Humanoid
ID: 30679

Sarevok wrote:I think because people don't like the idea of loosing 300+ million units in main, and 10 planets worth about 100 trillion each, with a reset. People have put 2+ years into the game, and don't want to loose all the work

thats pretty much it... I can guarantee with a main/ascended reset at least 50-70% of the people would pack in the game...

That would be the equivilant of blizzard resetting everyones character to level 1 in WoW

TheRook
My Account for Sale (cold hard cash) at the link below (Have a look its a great deal!)
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 1&t=174111

Main ID = 30679 | Ascended ID = 1467
Sarevok
Forum Addict

Agreed, and also maybe give a excuse for some people to stop playing, who may be to addicted to leave with the time they've put in :-)
Mojo Rising
Forum Irregular
ID: 1975707

TheRook wrote:
Sarevok wrote:I think because people don't like the idea of loosing 300+ million units in main, and 10 planets worth about 100 trillion each, with a reset. People have put 2+ years into the game, and don't want to loose all the work

thats pretty much it... I can guarantee with a main/ascended reset at least 50-70% of the people would pack in the game...

That would be the equivilant of blizzard resetting everyones character to level 1 in WoW

TheRook

And 50-70% of the people leaving this game would be a bad thing how? Better than 100% leaving the game when it becomes untenable and crashes to the ground. The phoenix every so often needs to immolate itself and rise again from its ashes. I think this is the path that SGW needs to take. Frankly the three years of work I have put into the game have been casually tossed aside by Jason with the last five or six updates he has made. So don't tell me about wasting two plus years of hard work. I already know what that is like. The only fair and equitable way to change what is wrong with ascension and main is to reset both servers and implement the changes that will keep things from getting out of hand so quickly (namely quick ascensions, miners, planets in main, raiding, rank mods, and damage caps). Implement descension immediately on ascension (with an immunity from descension for new accounts to last 60-90 days). Also, do not stop the increase in the rate of LF for APP that you get in ascension. It will continually grow (albeit at a slow rate). This will give later ascenders a little bit of a leg up for not being able to or wanting to ascend right away.
Richard_Destroyer
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: Mayhem
Race: LG +1
ID: 60798

New update = :(
ImageImage
Mango
Forum Intermediate

this update sucks the big one.

Ascention is dead, its not worth trying to descend someone because its near impossible unless they are negligent, you cant mass people due to the attacks limitation and then 1/2 way though a mass you can be stopped from attacking that person because their planet size drops below the threshold.

Does anyone even play it apart from banking and building?
BL1P wrote:Im sorry for your fiend and the toilet paper accident...
Sarevok
Forum Addict

I used to deassend inactives for free kills, not anymore, 1/5 of 3+ billion isn't 500 :? :(
Mango
Forum Intermediate

Once again, today i get attacked and then that player smashed his army against a wall somewhere and gets below 1/5 of my army size so i have no means of retaliation.......

awesome update, makes me want to go buy 10 ascention accounts and play all of them
BL1P wrote:Im sorry for your fiend and the toilet paper accident...
~Odin~
Alföðr
Alliance: The Collective
Race: International Pimp

Mango wrote:Once again, today i get attacked and then that player smashed his army against a wall somewhere and gets below 1/5 of my army size so i have no means of retaliation.......

awesome update, makes me want to go buy 10 ascention accounts and play all of them

need the pimp hat for good luck?
The forces of harchester fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 145,573,411,725,000 damage
The forces of harchester fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 3 damage
TGW Annual Community Awards 2014/2015
Spoiler
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

Mango wrote:Once again, today i get attacked and then that player smashed his army against a wall somewhere and gets below 1/5 of my army size so i have no means of retaliation.......

Well we get round after round of snipers doing the same thing. You will get use to the attacks and the tactics, but not that bitter taste it leaves in the back of your mouth.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
SG
Forum Irregular
Race: Replicator
ID: 41408

Honestly.. a reset of the servers aren't going to fix anything if you don't make hew updates to address the problems on why you reset in the first place.

It only delays it and puts it off for like .. say a year :D

Cross server trading. . IMO is bad unless it is only between your own account. Main <-> ascended. It might .. hopefully reward people that ascend more but.. *shrugs*

Ascended trading to other ascended accounts.. "meh"; no thanks .. I like it the way it already is.. kind of.

Return to “Discussion on Released Enhancements”