New Main Ascended Bonuses

Lu Bu
Forum Intermediate
ID: 96625

Re: New Main Ascended Bonuses

i knew those with high raw UP and high covert lvl or MS techs would not approve of this. HA i dumped my 300k raw so i could ascend more. the game is moving on - got to move with it to stay competitive in the future.

awesome suggestions, hope they come into play
~King of the Goa'uld~
A powerful and intelligent Goa'uld, Lu Bu was a leader among the System Lords and is one of the oldest Goa'uld to currently hold that rank.
Legend says that Lu Bu sprang forth into the world from a dragon's body, and possessed great mythic powers.
Fire_of_Venus
Forum Grunt

I remember a while back, there was no point to ascending EXCEPT for the main bonuses because ascension was so dominated by various alliances.

Now it seems to me that there is no point in ascending except for the main bonuses because to remain competitive, you have to ascend for them. Let’s ignore the schmozel that is ascension atm.

At least part of the point of ascension was to power up your ascended account. This now has become grossly laughable. Even if you do the biggest ascension on record – I’ll take the top stats I know about lv 35 covert, lv 34AC, Raw up 600k, you are sacrificing what for what?

Well, let’s add it up - 200trillion for the lv 35covert, 100trillion for the lv 34 AC, 300trillion for the UP and 45millionish UU (31.5trillion price), 25trillion for the MS tech (I assume a full tech bought) and thank god your MS doesn’t die in the process.

Now for all of that (admittedly this is a VERY slight exaggeration for the best LG+? accounts I know of) costs 657trillion so let’s round that up to 670trillion shall we?

Now what does that get them?

180million APP? So not much life force. Certainly nothing that couldn’t be farmed, or purchased.

A reset account and 1 percent on the bonus.

At this point you have to ask, is the point of the game to ascend?

Because with the way that it’s going, it seems to me that the point is to ascend, and ascend and ascend and to never stop for the never ending increased bonuses. And hence to always have a mediocre account that you won’t build on because you may have to ascend again.

Now, yes the game moves on however, I agree with some that has been previously stated, if the game moves on then COMPENSATE those who made decisions based on the set knowledge at the time. Offer a once off naq back for their UP, covert etc etc. It’s HIGHLY unlikely that they can keep the naq through the 14-15 ascensions required to get to the new ‘standard’ but at least they aren’t being mocked by a decision made on good information which has now become bad information. Especially since for them sacrificing that much is ludicrous for a benefit for their ascended account and only has a gain for their main account IF they continue to ascend.

You can say they shouldn’t have built up. Well, please do tell me what exactly where they meant to be doing?

If you knew at the time that no more than X ascensions were possible, why would you not build up?

The rules change, and the only people being screwed over are those who worked at becoming the best within the rules. Those who didn’t work at it, and who didn’t invest now find themselves with the benefit (less to sacrifice to continue ascending) and how is that right?

You will forgive me Lu Bu but your very signature is an indication of why those who strive to be the best are punished.

“UU sold to date: 644m”

To sell game resources, you’ve already given up getting your account to be the best, you are more interested in profit. Which is a fine and dandy goal. But don’t try then to hold back those who are still willing to invest to be the best, or the biggest etc. And by backing suggestions like this, and I assume you’d have no problem with keeping the caps, you are holding back those who aren’t only around for the $$ value.
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

Well said mate, but thats just it

Jason does not want growth. He punishes players who grow. He rewards player who sell off or kill off. He dumps protection after protection on "New" accounts but doesnt understand that by doing so all the "middle aged" accounts abuse those protections.

It like hes doesnt know or understand what hes doing. He puts in planets which vastly accelerates growth, and then decreases the cap growth. What sense does that make? like drag racing from red light to redlight.

Its like he wants 1 month old accounts to be 200 mill and no one over 400 mill, heck might as well just give everyone an even 350 mill men every 24 hrs and let the wars rage. You can no longer hurt anyone in this game, you can no longer win a war, and until all the "protections" are removed and resources are not completely unlimited the game will never change.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
Ĕɱƿŷ
Hannah Montana Groupie
Alliance: Dead
ID: 911
Alternate name(s): Huxley

Lore what you have been posting in this thread is completely true. If admin doesn't want his game to die he needs to fix up ascension, he needs to make wars winnable. Those new war updates didn't fix anything. He needs to rethink what can be killed and how it can be killed. Furthermore for accounts such as yours, tekki's, Robes etc ascending is a joke. The losses are too much. Why should you suffer because you have worked hard on your accounts? Admin should make it so that those who have worked hard can ascend without losing hundreds of trillions of naq.
Made by Noobert for his Official BFF. (it's true!)
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

turkey_man wrote:Lore what you have been posting in this thread is completely true. If admin doesn't want his game to die he needs to fix up ascension, he needs to make wars winnable. Those new war updates didn't fix anything. He needs to rethink what can be killed and how it can be killed. Furthermore for accounts such as yours, tekki's, Robes etc ascending is a joke. The losses are too much. Why should you suffer because you have worked hard on your accounts? Admin should make it so that those who have worked hard can ascend without losing hundreds of trillions of naq.

Well he was told before those updates were put in they would never be used, and he was told whyJust like the ascended super weapon.

I dont even mind the losses to ascend again, not really, yeah its going to hurt. What I do mind is the fact I have to shredd my account to do so. 420 mill men and I can't even do max ascentions because my lifer count will push me past the trade and more then like raid limits, I'm looking at 350+ mill lifers. He has made it a punishment to grow. He promotes it so heavily with all the protections and planets and now duel planets, but only to a point, and then he punishes you for growing. right now, the best way to play the game is to stay below the trade or raid level, sell off, and whine for more advantages and protections from the "big bullies".

I'd be happy if i could use lifers in ascentions at the same rate as the lifer suicide, id trade 3 to 1 to be able to use them instead of UU.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
Lu Bu
Forum Intermediate

Lore wrote:Well said mate, but thats just it

Jason does not want growth. He punishes players who grow. He rewards player who sell off or kill off. He dumps protection after protection on "New" accounts but doesnt understand that by doing so all the "middle aged" accounts abuse those protections.

It like hes doesnt know or understand what hes doing. He puts in planets which vastly accelerates growth, and then decreases the cap growth. What sense does that make? like drag racing from red light to redlight.

Its like he wants 1 month old accounts to be 200 mill and no one over 400 mill, heck might as well just give everyone an even 350 mill men every 24 hrs and let the wars rage. You can no longer hurt anyone in this game, you can no longer win a war, and until all the "protections" are removed and resources are not completely unlimited the game will never change.

Well said.
Hence..

Fire_of_Venus wrote:
You will forgive me Lu Bu but your very signature is an indication of why those who strive to be the best are punished.

To sell game resources, you’ve already given up getting your account to be the best, you are more interested in profit. Which is a fine and dandy goal. But don’t try then to hold back those who are still willing to invest to be the best, or the biggest etc. And by backing suggestions like this, and I assume you’d have no problem with keeping the caps, you are holding back those who aren’t only around for the $$ value.
~King of the Goa'uld~
A powerful and intelligent Goa'uld, Lu Bu was a leader among the System Lords and is one of the oldest Goa'uld to currently hold that rank.
Legend says that Lu Bu sprang forth into the world from a dragon's body, and possessed great mythic powers.
thorslittleworld
Forum Regular

Last edited by thorslittleworld on Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Am Heh
Forum Expert
Alliance: The Legion
ID: 1920361

How about at certain number of ascession's you get the special red title thing regardless of how old your account is
I give peace for traders
Casshern
Forum Irregular
ID: 0

personally i think the main ascended bonuses are fine. when u have your 20th ascension done you get enough of a bonus. 13 % extra anyway and also a greater possiblity of ascended bonus so no need for a change.
Lu Bu
Forum Intermediate

Am Heh wrote:How about at certain number of ascession's you get the special red title thing regardless of how old your account is

This is a good idea, maybe at Ancient God?
~King of the Goa'uld~
Andariel
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: MaYheM
ID: 1903732

lol I know this is poking an old thread, but one thing thats catching my eye is that no one is mentioning the AB.
correct me if I'm wrong but you get 2% per ascension over lg+1 ?
that alone makes it worth it imo.
20th is 58% chance. that's RIDICULOUS, and the main reason I keep ascending. the 1% is nice and all, but the ab just owns. I think it should be kept as is.
Last edited by Andariel on Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Colton
Forum Elder
Alliance: ~Leaf Village~
Race: Canadian
ID: 1938534

[spoiler]
Fire_of_Venus wrote:I remember a while back, there was no point to ascending EXCEPT for the main bonuses because ascension was so dominated by various alliances.

Now it seems to me that there is no point in ascending except for the main bonuses because to remain competitive, you have to ascend for them. Let’s ignore the schmozel that is ascension atm.

At least part of the point of ascension was to power up your ascended account. This now has become grossly laughable. Even if you do the biggest ascension on record – I’ll take the top stats I know about lv 35 covert, lv 34AC, Raw up 600k, you are sacrificing what for what?

Well, let’s add it up - 200trillion for the lv 35covert, 100trillion for the lv 34 AC, 300trillion for the UP and 45millionish UU (31.5trillion price), 25trillion for the MS tech (I assume a full tech bought) and thank god your MS doesn’t die in the process.

Now for all of that (admittedly this is a VERY slight exaggeration for the best LG+? accounts I know of) costs 657trillion so let’s round that up to 670trillion shall we?

Now what does that get them?

180million APP? So not much life force. Certainly nothing that couldn’t be farmed, or purchased.

A reset account and 1 percent on the bonus.

At this point you have to ask, is the point of the game to ascend?

Because with the way that it’s going, it seems to me that the point is to ascend, and ascend and ascend and to never stop for the never ending increased bonuses. And hence to always have a mediocre account that you won’t build on because you may have to ascend again.

Now, yes the game moves on however, I agree with some that has been previously stated, if the game moves on then COMPENSATE those who made decisions based on the set knowledge at the time. Offer a once off naq back for their UP, covert etc etc. It’s HIGHLY unlikely that they can keep the naq through the 14-15 ascensions required to get to the new ‘standard’ but at least they aren’t being mocked by a decision made on good information which has now become bad information. Especially since for them sacrificing that much is ludicrous for a benefit for their ascended account and only has a gain for their main account IF they continue to ascend.

You can say they shouldn’t have built up. Well, please do tell me what exactly where they meant to be doing?

If you knew at the time that no more than X ascensions were possible, why would you not build up?

The rules change, and the only people being screwed over are those who worked at becoming the best within the rules. Those who didn’t work at it, and who didn’t invest now find themselves with the benefit (less to sacrifice to continue ascending) and how is that right?

[/spoiler]
[spoiler]
Lore wrote:Well said mate, but thats just it

[/spoiler]

Nicely said, both of you 8)
Deaths_Rider
Forum Regular

ok heres an idea the bonuses for asccending beyond a certian point are negligable people are doing it for the title so that should be what is improved so for instance cap nimber of asscentions at 30 FOREVER and do the following when 30 is reached:

all races change to "The Forgotten" as you asccended to the long forgoten father of all the current races

instead of the unspeakable ect. the title is the "Perfect Of All" no more of the ori, tolah ect

the colour changes from red to green or yellow or something to make them stand out more.

and maybe a 5% increase instead of the current one but not nescesery

this way you give the ascenders what they really want bigger better titles to make them stand out without skewing the game from where it stands now
Flow with it

Death is not the end but only the begining
Tekki
Forum Addict
ID: 0

It's already skewed. 50% ascended blessing chance? Skewed.
Spoiler
Initial masser on Field Marshal's 120t defence and on Rodwolf's 177t defence.

The forces of Rodwolf fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 178,947,245,996,720 damage on Tekki's forces!

The forces of Rodwolf fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 3 damage on Tekki's forces!
Jedi~Tank wrote:@ADMINS- ALL ADMINS, this is the absolute worst game forum I have ever seen (this sentiment is shared by many) It is amazing how ya;ll can go from good job to complete garbage in no time at all.

Jedi~Tank
A sentiment I can agree with, except some of them have never done a good job. For further details, PM me INGAME Id 9095.
---
Spoiler
Image Image
Image Image
deni
The Initiate
Alliance: THE DARK DOMINIUM
Race: Goddess
ID: 75493

Honours and Awards

ascending is a hard task and costly so the reward for it is earned :)

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to

Return to “Suggestions Archive”