Game of Thrones

Where players can relax and discuss their favorite TV shows a*WARNING* spoilers may abound *WARNING*
nightlight
Forum Regular
Alliance: AP
ID: 0

Re: Game of Thrones

I was on about the battle we seen on the TV show (i think it was episode 9 when the midget started running towards the army and got KO'd by his own guy with the hammer) bar that i don't remember seeing much fighting onscreen that could have been shown...it must have been a budget problem or they just did not have the time to show it ...Also i read the first book along long time ago when i was 17 i am 31 now my memory is not as good as it use to be :smt021
The next book is when the [spoiler]5 kings knock the crap out of each other[/spoiler]...please someone correct me if i am wrong...i won't go past the second book in details as i might get moaned at for spoilers...
i will have to reread the whole series again before the new book comes out next month...They is two more books planned after the book in July comes out.
As anybody read the other books that go with the series...I have not got around to them and they are supose to be good.
MEZZANINE
Forum Addict
Alliance: Forgotten Serenity
Race: System Lord
ID: 81691

Noobert wrote:This is just a mere plot prediction, so I wonder what you people will think.

[spoiler]The evil of the north is arising, the dragons are reborn, and the nations are going to war. I believe they will unite under one banner, and the dragons will fight beside them to defeat the evil of the north once more.[/spoiler]

That's just my prediction. Although, it only looks that way.. :-k

Sound prediction, as someone who has not read the books so dont actually know what will happen I would predict

This is going to be a generational story, the young in series 1 ( if it doesn't get canceled in typical HBO style ) will eventually be shown in as adults in the leadership roles. The author clearly has no problem killing off main characters and will no doubt continue killing off all the current main ones. Starks youngest daughter will one day be queen, maybe with a new son of the Khaleesi as a King.

The armies of the North will win and retreat leaving someone else as King of South, that Bridge fort must be important at some point to justify why they made such a big deal about it being the only viable crossing point. The Khaleesi will raise an army and invade, probably take the throne, the North kingdom will be attacked by the nasties beyond the wall and the Khaleesi will save them to reunite the kingdoms.

Things I wonder about ( but want to know so bookies who know please dont tell me lol )

1) Who will kill the psycho boy King, Starks daughter, the Dwarf, the Eunuch or the Pimp ????
2) Whats going to happen with Lady Starks sister and her nutty runt, he will clearly grow up to be a baddy.
3) Will the author ever give a main character a classic good or heroic death ? So far we've had a King killed by a pig, a Lord executed in a lame way and a Khal die from an infection.

Spoiler
Attack Mercs Killed (30) 459,329,001
Defence Mercs Killed (10) 2,918,478,517
Attack Soldiers Killed(60) 12,677,958
Defence Soldiers Killed(20) 226,236,488
Attack Super Soldiers Killed(300) 490,627,262
Defence Super Soldiers Killed(100) 4,131,482,551
Spies Killed(50) 4,256,505,842
Spy Killers Killed(50) 651,022,448
Mothership Weapons Destroyed(300) 35,583,034
Mothership Shields Destroyed(300) 39,498,511
Mothership Fleets Destroyed(200) 2,413,254
Planet Defences Destroyed(300) 358,539
Planets Taken(5000) 411
Naquadah Stolen(0.0001) 2,355,738,435,154,805
Untrained Kidnapped(50) 5,943,886,456
Weapon Points Destroyed (Sab+Att)(0.0001) 74,293,522,376,607
Attack Turns Used(1) 1,731,971
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

We suspect they skipped showing the battle because of time constraints and the fact that such battles have been done to death in various movies... It was not a particularly important battle for the long-term story, so it is more natural to save battle time for the exceptional ones... like the sacking of [If readbooks=true; Insert sacked city]...

interesting predictions, mezz... some truth, some incorrect and a lot unknown...

on the 1)... which stark daughter do you refer to?
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...
MEZZANINE
Forum Addict

Zeratul wrote:We suspect they skipped showing the battle because of time constraints and the fact that such battles have been done to death in various movies... It was not a particularly important battle for the long-term story, so it is more natural to save battle time for the exceptional ones... like the sacking of [If readbooks=true; Insert sacked city]...

interesting predictions, mezz... some truth, some incorrect and a lot unknown...

on the 1)... which stark daughter do you refer to?

I agree the whole medevil style battle has been done to death, also if they cant afford a few thousand extra's I would prefer no battle to more CGI BS

I was referring to the daughter due to marry the king, I recon the youngest with her Needle and new found friend will do her share of killing if it is a generational story but think the boy king will be killed before she is old enough to do it. Just a prediction, I dont actually know.

Spoiler
Planet Defences Destroyed(300) 358,539
Planets Taken(5000) 411
Naquadah Stolen(0.0001) 2,355,738,435,154,805
Untrained Kidnapped(50) 5,943,886,456
Weapon Points Destroyed (Sab+Att)(0.0001) 74,293,522,376,607
Attack Turns Used(1) 1,731,971
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Reitha

Honours and Awards

even though we've read the books, we cant give the answer... as we simply cant remember who does it (or if it is even done yet)
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Psyko
The Irresistible

I think I missed about 2 episodes somewhere in the middle of the season, but I was satisfied with this season of the show. I'm kind of bummed that it only lasted 10 episodes, though, and now I have to wait until next year...when I will no longer have HBO unless I can get a job that can afford cable with premium channels. Not likely. :smt086
愛美
Section Admin of
General and the GC
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Reitha

Honours and Awards

10 episodes is too short, yes...

~Thamuz~
Forum Expert

I'm abit worried about what there gonna do when the TV series catches up with the books, it would have taken 6 years for the new book to come out when it appears in july and there's still another 2 books to go. :?
Psyko
The Irresistible

~Thamuz~ wrote:I'm abit worried about what there gonna do when the TV series catches up with the books, it would have taken 6 years for the new book to come out when it appears in july and there's still another 2 books to go. :?

Did they cover the first book entirely in one season? If not, they could be slowing it down by doing fewer episodes each season. If they did, then I agree with you.
愛美
Section Admin of
General and the GC
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Reitha

Honours and Awards

the entire first book was covered in the first season, yes...

Providing the series lasts long enough to catch up, it has to go through four more seasons to do so. That should give GRR Martin enough time to get at least somewhat into book 6, if not further... Just because it took him 6 years to write A Dance with Dragons, it does not mean it will take him 6 years to write The Winds of Winter...

If it becomes a risk that they will get close to catching up, they could easily split each book into two seasons each...

Noobert
Sedin Triplet
Alliance: Mayhem
Race: A Canuck
ID: 57572

Zeratul wrote:10 episodes is too short, yes...

It's hard to say if it was too short or not. You have to compare the size of the book to the amount of information you digested.

What made each and every episode so amazing was that nothing was truly wasted. There was no **Filtered**, there was no stupidity like in other shows, each part plays a role in the story. That's what I appreciate the most.
~Thamuz~
Forum Expert

Zeratul wrote:the entire first book was covered in the first season, yes...

Providing the series lasts long enough to catch up, it has to go through four more seasons to do so. That should give GRR Martin enough time to get at least somewhat into book 6, if not further... Just because it took him 6 years to write A Dance with Dragons, it does not mean it will take him 6 years to write The Winds of Winter...
If it becomes a risk that they will get close to catching up, they could easily split each book into two seasons each...

Your quite right it could take him longer, and we all know the headaches in timelines an author comes across when books spans years, one author we all know who came across it was Robert Jordan and we all know what happened to him (Rest In Peace) and he was younger when he died than GRR martin is currently, my biggest worry is the books being rushed and not being all it could have been. :mad:
nightlight
Forum Regular
Alliance: AP

By the time the TV show catches up to the books and that the TV network does one book per year say...We have 4 years before they catch up to the last book out and thats not including the one out next month...So the guy has 5 years to write the 6 season and as people have said i see them making one book last 2 seasons maybe 3 if need be...
Major spoiler for those who have not read the books ahead...don't moan if you click on it and read it..
As for a good Kings death they is a few who get killed in battle and Joffrey [spoiler]Get's poisoned in the 3rd book if i remember correct and his younger brother takes over who is very young and i think it was the midget who killed him...[/spoiler]

I just hope that HBO don't cancel it 3 seasons in as this show has legs and as it's been pointed out the cast age and the kids in the first season become important later on as they age and replace those who die as a major part of the story :)
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

Just watched the first 2 episodes. Really enjoying it, which surprised me because i don't usually watch this sort of series.

And i didn't realise that Jason Mommmmoommomomommmoommmoooaaaaaaa was going to be in it!
Image ImageImageImage
MEZZANINE
Forum Addict

Clarkey wrote:Just watched the first 2 episodes. Really enjoying it, which surprised me because i don't usually watch this sort of series.

And i didn't realise that Jason Mommmmoommomomommmoommmoooaaaaaaa was going to be in it!

Yeah the director really knows how to get the best out of him, just looking big & angry and only speaking in a made up language you could be fooled into thinking he was decent actor :-D

Spoiler