APP - > LF continuous function

For discussion on balance, bugs, likes, dislikes of recently released features.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Re: APP - > LF continuous function

KOS wrote:sorry spied wrong person, but on topic my last ascension only gave me 400bil LF which really sucks, but i was able to farm enough naq to accomplish what i needed. thats why im just busting up fleets, after reading about the last update. i hope i get better APP this next one...
So your ascension sucked. What did you ascend with? 10k UP? xD
Next time, try 700k UP. You would have a bit more to work with. ;)

You only have 23 tries to waste..
RepliNorbe
Forum Grunt
ID: 0

KOS wrote:sorry spied wrong person, but on topic my last ascension only gave me 400bil LF which really sucks, but i was able to farm enough naq to accomplish what i needed. thats why im just busting up fleets, after reading about the last update. i hope i get better APP this next one...

Farming is dependant on army size, due to the 1/5th rule. If you have a starting army, & have no life force to build charisma and income you can't build CER. And at miniscule army sizes there is no targets to farm due to the 1/5th rule. I had 2,000 planets for most of the day, try finding a farm with <10k army. Yes you can convert turns to DMU, but the amounts again are so tiny it's hardly a solution.

I just did the math's according to SoL's example calc. It would take someone 28 days to get just the charisma/inc levels I have built from APP (800 charisma, 1400 inc). Although they could get 680 and 1000 in two days with APP (I needed to go 1400 to train my planets into miners each TC though earlier today). Of course other levels are also needed in fairly short order. I actually can't see anyone being able to get themselves in a decently defendable position within the 60 days under this new scheme.
KOS
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: TAF
Race: Bender
ID: 1918344

Interesting! @ Juliette
KOS
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: TAF
Race: Bender
ID: 1918344

on ascended server my account was active about 6 weeks to get here...

Personal Life Force
Ascended Life Force Reserves 888,418,646 / 882,045,000
Ascended Life Force 58,803,000 / 58,803,000
Ascended Life Force Cache 39,611,733,061
Maximum Natural Energy Capacity Level 600
Ascended Life Force Recovery Rate Per Turn 21,129,878 Ascended Life Force
Energy Flow Level 677
Reserve / Cache Rate Per Turn While at Maximum
LF fills first(fast), then reserves(slower), then cache(slowest) 9,065,463 / 4,532,731 Ascended Life Force
Energy Channeling Level 600

Physical Realm Development
Your Physical Expanse 2,644,421,722 Planets
Your Influence Power 169,242,990,208,000
Cosmic Expansion Rate 196,608,000 planet / day
Cosmic Exploration Fleets 384,000
Charisma Rating 700
Turn Resource Production: 2,915,221,617,650 Dark Matter Units
Labour Planets 800,000,000
Production Enhancements 1100
Undeveloped Planets 244,594,567

Personal Ascension Realm Abilities
Total Offensive Capacity
A scout claims a being exists with a greater TOC than you (425,695,201) 425,346,223
Attack Force Level 650
Attack Skill Level 630
Total Defensive Capacity (per 100 damage) 51.35
Defence Power Level 605
Defence Skill Level 605
Energy Repulsion Level
(you can bounce back 30.00% of the damage directed at you, before it reaches you) 600
Personal Constitution
(you will only take 69.00% of the damage that reaches you) 620

Physical Military
Total Offence Power 3,010,309,125,821,184
Conqueror Planets 0
Interlinked Conqueror Systems 69,965,431
Offense Power Level 1,000
Total Defence Power 4,280,330,057,142,857
Defender Planets 0
Interlinked Defender Systems 100,000,000
Defence Power Level 1,000
Total Covert Power 84,700,000,000,000
Intelligence Planets 700,000,000
Covert Capacity Level 1,000
Total Assassin Power 8,471,100,000,000
Shadow Planets 50,000,000
Assassin Prowess Level 1,000
RepliNorbe
Forum Grunt

Part of a PM I just sent to Juliette: "Perhaps if you got say 500m planets initially, it would enable people to find farms." This would mean you don't have to wait for the APP to covert to LF before you can start to build anything at all. Even 200m initial would make life easier.

~Repli.N.
Cwalen
Fledgling Forumer

I did find my introduction to Ascended confusing.

Took me a week or so before I bothered working it out, and some forum reading.

But you know, "sound off like you got a pair"

If they jump before they reconnoiter the LZ? It's only confusing not deadly.
Sol
Forum Addict

RepliNorbe wrote:

Farming is dependant on army size, due to the 1/5th rule. If you have a starting army, & have no life force to build charisma and income you can't build CER. And at miniscule army sizes there is no targets to farm due to the 1/5th rule. I had 2,000 planets for most of the day, try finding a farm with <10k army. Yes you can convert turns to DMU, but the amounts again are so tiny it's hardly a solution.

I just did the math's according to SoL's example calc. It would take someone 28 days to get just the charisma/inc levels I have built from APP (800 charisma, 1400 inc). Although they could get 680 and 1000 in two days with APP (I needed to go 1400 to train my planets into miners each TC though earlier today). Of course other levels are also needed in fairly short order. I actually can't see anyone being able to get themselves in a decently defendable position within the 60 days under this new scheme.

I started a new account with 500 odd planets and within a few days I could attack up to 400k. 'No good farms' is of course completely subjective, I found good farms (not ones with 200 trill dmu though which I would have preferred).

As for the decently defendable position...I suggest not to annoy anyone while you're a noob on ascended then :P, even so you do have the 1/5th to protect you...if you plan to just pile on the CER then perhaps defence and assass physicals wouldn't be such a bad idea to look into.
You shouldn't be relying off of APP.
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
caesar2
Forum Addict
Alliance: The Pirate's Panties Island
Race: [carrot]
ID: 1933254

Hmmm... I have realy no idea what should this update do. What the **Filtered** did you wrote? Can you explain it at simple math? Not using shortcuts and codes? There are such ascended noobs like I am and we need to know hat the **Filtered** are you talking about :)

thanks
RETURN of the P I R A T E
Sol
Forum Addict

caesar2 wrote:Hmmm... I have realy no idea what should this update do. What the **Filtered** did you wrote? Can you explain it at simple math? Not using shortcuts and codes? There are such ascended noobs like I am and we need to know hat the **Filtered** are you talking about :)

thanks

What? The first post tells what the update will do..
What effectively will happen is this:
- APP will convert automatically into LF every turn change, down to 18k app ish still allowing for turn conversions ( remembering for every turn conversion all app will be converted anyway).
- APP to lf soft cap will be removed as it would be illogical (100 t per 5 months).
- The larger your planet count the more LF you will convert automatically per turn change. Vice versa the smaller your planet count is (trying not to give too much power to noobs).
- The change plateaus at 400 bill per turn and maximizes at 1 trill.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Mathlord
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
Race: Tollan
ID: 12759

Okay, so this is going back a few pages but I completely forgot about this point I was bringing up last time...also if this point has been addressed, I do apologize. I only skimmed the last few pages.

So this trickle through approach is going to mean that if you ascend, you will be slowly getting extra life force over a large period of time. Now you said that, as currently, if you convert APP to turns, you use up all of your turns.

There is a problem with this. Say you are still ascending and enjoying that trickle of your APP...this will likely take months and months for each ascension. Odds are you will still be reaping the benefits of this for 3-4 months after you finish your final ascension. This all goes to pot, however, if you convert APP to turns during this process. What this means is that as long as you are getting assistance from APP, you can't convert APP for turns without losing a lot of potential life force.

While this isn't something that will necessarily affect most of us fancy unknown people (though might affect my multi's last ascension), it further slows down the growth of people still ascending, which is something we should avoid as much as possible.
Spoiler

13:38 General Zeus Sabotage Repelled 377,977,330 details

The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 305,393,963,879,000 damage on Mathlord's forces!
They managed to eradicate 4,635,986 of Mathlord's troops.
---
The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 12 damage on Mathlord's forces!
They managed to eradicate 0 of Mathlord's troops.
Sol
Forum Addict

Mathlord wrote:Okay, so this is going back a few pages but I completely forgot about this point I was bringing up last time...also if this point has been addressed, I do apologize. I only skimmed the last few pages.

So this trickle through approach is going to mean that if you ascend, you will be slowly getting extra life force over a large period of time. Now you said that, as currently, if you convert APP to turns, you use up all of your turns.

There is a problem with this. Say you are still ascending and enjoying that trickle of your APP...this will likely take months and months for each ascension. Odds are you will still be reaping the benefits of this for 3-4 months after you finish your final ascension. This all goes to pot, however, if you convert APP to turns during this process. What this means is that as long as you are getting assistance from APP, you can't convert APP for turns without losing a lot of potential life force.

While this isn't something that will necessarily affect most of us fancy unknown people (though might affect my multi's last ascension), it further slows down the growth of people still ascending, which is something we should avoid as much as possible.

Valid point :-k .
I guess that will be the throw up...either get - basically - free LF without the need to farm, or convert for turns and go for your life.
The reason why it does use all of your APP was because the difference in the natural APP generation and what you get from a basic ascension is quite massive, in essence giving people with the normal ascensions a large amount of conversion to burn through. Compare this to the people who have hit 23 ascensions with the only option of waiting for their APP or spending GnR to get it...(hence why it's only 18k APP....that in itself takes 3 odd weeks to get el natural).
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Achernar
Forum Grunt
Race: twagras
ID: 1989627
Alternate name(s): Achernar
EZE
ertyuio

I like this addition. Make it so number one.
Sol
Forum Addict

Update will be applied very shortly.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Sniperwax
Forum Regular

Sol wrote:Update will be applied very shortly.

Good luck Sol. Don't make a typo that like gives me 600Q LF that would be teeeerrible.
Sol
Forum Addict

Sniperwax wrote:
Sol wrote:Update will be applied very shortly.

Good luck Sol. Don't make a typo that like gives me 600Q LF that would be teeeerrible.

backed up a few things :P
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?

Return to “Discussion on Released Enhancements”