sab to work on attack weapons only

When BIG changes come, some advance notice MAY be given, depending on the type of enhancement.
this is where to discuss these that are announced, and where we announce them.
Easy^
Forum Elite
ID: 0

Re: sab to work on attack weapons only

Probably the IRC meeting i've never been able to attend, maybe when i'm reincarnated i'll ask to be put in the GMT-9 zone or something :D
The Leader and Creator of Forgotten Serenity
Spoiler
Champions Train, Losers Complain!
Robe
Aussie Icon
Alliance: The Legion
Race: Vampyre
ID: 14876

Honours and Awards

Easy^ wrote:Probably the IRC meeting i've never been able to attend, maybe when i'm reincarnated i'll ask to be put in the GMT-9 zone or something :D

I was at second admin meeting and didn't notice anyone suggesting this significant update.

Maybe it happened at the first admin meeting.
Buck wrote:The Great and Complex GateWars Novel!
The Forces of Light... Robe, The Novels Main Protagonist, The Polar opposite of EtL... Or is she?
Are they that different? There battles have encompassed entire careers and lives within the game, the most bitter and epic of enemies, neither will leave while the other stands... the ultimate climax, will it ever come?
Who knows. One things for sure, the Freedom Fighter is in it for the long haul, its in her head now,
and she must save the world or die trying.
2011 Descensions
ImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
2010 Descensions
Spoiler
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Tekki
Forum Addict

I was at the first one and it didn't get suggested there.

At least not in public
Spoiler
Initial masser on Field Marshal's 120t defence and on Rodwolf's 177t defence.

The forces of Rodwolf fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 178,947,245,996,720 damage on Tekki's forces!

The forces of Rodwolf fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 3 damage on Tekki's forces!
Jedi~Tank wrote:@ADMINS- ALL ADMINS, this is the absolute worst game forum I have ever seen (this sentiment is shared by many) It is amazing how ya;ll can go from good job to complete garbage in no time at all.

Jedi~Tank
A sentiment I can agree with, except some of them have never done a good job. For further details, PM me INGAME Id 9095.
---
Spoiler
Image Image
Image Image
Empy
Derper
Race: Eldar

So far no one has thought this is a good idea. That's good.

If you want traditional massing to come back, because it has changed over to sabbing, then you need to change other things. The first things you need to do are:

1. Make Alliance Repair only available to 1iC, or the 2iC as well
2. Remove Phasing due to Nox
3. Reduce the losses of the attacker (but not back to what it was a year ago or whenever)

Sabbing is 100% fine as it is now, people rely on Covert so much and dump so much money in to buying higher Covert Levels because it is literally impossible to mass someone without sabbing them at least a little.

Also after people adjust to the new change, Alliance Repair can be further limited or even removed. A jerk change to something people greatly rely on is never good though, so it must be kept but reduced.

Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198036220818]Image[/url]
Spoiler
Tekki
Forum Addict

Túrin Turambar wrote:So far no one has thought this is a good idea. That's good.

If you want traditional massing to come back, because it has changed over to sabbing, then you need to change other things. The first things you need to do are:

3. Reduce the losses of the attacker (but not back to what it was a year ago or whenever)

Sabbing is 100% fine as it is now, people rely on Covert so much and dump so much money in to buying higher Covert Levels because it is literally impossible to mass someone without sabbing them at least a little.

Also after people adjust to the new change, Alliance Repair can be further limited or even removed. A jerk change to something people greatly rely on is never good though, so it must be kept but reduced.

I wouldn't remove phasing due to nox, but remove the auto wars
Spoiler

The forces of Rodwolf fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 178,947,245,996,720 damage on Tekki's forces!

The forces of Rodwolf fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 3 damage on Tekki's forces!
Jedi~Tank wrote:@ADMINS- ALL ADMINS, this is the absolute worst game forum I have ever seen (this sentiment is shared by many) It is amazing how ya;ll can go from good job to complete garbage in no time at all.

Jedi~Tank
A sentiment I can agree with, except some of them have never done a good job. For further details, PM me INGAME Id 9095.
---
Spoiler
Image Image
Image Image
Empy
Derper
Race: Eldar

Tekki wrote:
Túrin Turambar wrote:So far no one has thought this is a good idea. That's good.

I wouldn't remove phasing due to nox, but remove the auto wars
What good does phasing do but prevent you from finishing a defense? The alternative would be making defense weapons become damaged by attacks more quickly so you can take down a defense before it phases.

Also, what is the problem with auto war?

Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198036220818]Image[/url]
Spoiler
Tekki
Forum Addict

Current situation with Auto War is that you mass someone - they phase, so you can only get say 15% of their spies or something - if you get them to 0.

They then have absolutely NO restriction on them and no time delay either. So they can quite literally take you down to 79 defence supers and 28 spies if they are willing to spend the turns.

Which also means they save most of their spies and depending on when/if you sabbed their strike. While you are forced to sell it off. I know Auto war was put in to prevent snipers, but the war implications are pretty big too.
Spoiler

Jedi~Tank
---
Spoiler
Image Image
Image Image
Lithium
Forum Zombie
Alliance: The Pirate's Panties
Race: Pirate

Forum wrote:it was pointed out that massing is a failing pasttime... as sabbing is overriding it by too much.
Both massing and sabbing should be required...how to do that?

answer: sab works on attack weapons. just attack weapons.
to get def weapons, one must mass them down...

makes sense! going to happen... if i cannot think of a good reason not to :)

great stuff

first makin cov a powerful weapon then after removing it at all. boo check who suggested it if they ever played
Previously on GateWars Forum
The orgin of Guild
Spoiler
Lithium wrote:he was talkin bout me and remembering the days i was massing him wit one finger ;)
Guild wrote:is that the same finger you stick up your bum ? :smt060
Lithium wrote:no its the one who gave u life ;)
Field Marshall wrote:Lith put his finger up his bum and Guild arrived? :smt017
I wish that was genuinely true :)
Lithium wrote:oooo why there isnt any emo for this one , id have dropped of chair dead :smt042
MajorLeeHurts wrote:
Lithium wrote:oooo why there isnt any emo for this one , id have dropped of chair dead :smt042
Agreed that was the funnies **Filtered** ive read here!
Im sure JT is enjoying this thread , if he isnt hes in a coma !
Feedback Me
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=101259
~Coyle~
Forum Addict
Alliance: Doom
Race: Irish

=D>

Also Tekki what is your problem with removing phasing?

...what makes you think Tom can't hurt you? Guy's a genius :P He's walking around, a free man, with over a hundred child molestation charges on him - Daku
HgE
Forum Regular
Alliance: Tauri Ålliance
Race: System Lord
ID: 102298

or you can always move on PPT Tekki, if you won't sell. :D
Again, it's about Sabb action not how to Mass. Stay on topic.

and i'm for Sabb should work on Def and Attack too. :D
KSM
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
ID: 57254

lol WTH? :smt043

How is it each update to "fix" the game is worse than the previous update? ](*,)
Fireinahole

former taf hc, but too lazy to change the sig

ilove me some me
Tekki
Forum Addict

This is a heated topic, I will grant, but please keep the comments useful and ON TOPIC.

Spam and other worthless posts have no place here.
Spoiler

Jedi~Tank
---
Spoiler
Image Image
Image Image
[BoT] Jason
Forum History
Alliance: TA
Race: DIEDAYDIEDAY
ID: 13003152
Alternate name(s): Pimp,Slenderman

TL;DR

Make it that sabbing preferences strike before going for def, the inverse of what it is at the moment
Pimping

Feb 06, 06:16 Field Marshall Attack defended 15 88,977,968 0 x,x62,635,278,400 900,114 details

| | Hero of the Year | |

Winner: BMMJ13
GeneralChaos
Forum Addict
Alliance: Omega
ID: 59627

I bet it was some sniper who has little to no covert who cried to admin about having there defense sabbed away to nothing.

Its pending updates like this that make me just wanna stay on vac mode for longer.
Deep within Noob Cave, you find a strange pool filled with a glowing blue liquid. You think back to what your mother told you about unfamiliar liquids found in caves.

You're pretty sure she said "Drink it! What's the worst that can happen?"
Infinity
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: Endgame

Completly agree iwth you TM

Return to “Discussion on Enhancements (coming up)”