Speed up APP conversion

Suggest any improvements

Tweak APP conversion in favor of speeding it up slightly?

Yes
81%
No
19%

Total votes: 72
Sol
Forum Addict
ID: 0

Re: Speed up APP conversion

slx wrote:
Sol wrote: @slx, you assume a critical component to be false, 'all people that have finished ascending also have no APP'.
Also, new players don't even need an increase, I thought we established this in my first post.
I'm not gonna lie I only did a quick reading on the whole thread ](*,) #-o

But as a whole there should be some increase.

If some ones gonna do a massive ascension run there still in The end gonna come out with a massive boost.
In the end sure, perhaps their children's children will get that massive boost.
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
frazz
Forum Irregular

waky suggestion time-not really I drone on about it

my belief is that main and ascened need a kick more main tho ascended is linked to that

I think 10 ascensions should be added that allowed 10 levls of tech that can be purchased through gnr or ME

I think that these should not be allowed to purchase for $$
and that to achieve the ascensions certain achievement criteria need to be met ie raised 1 bill uu be at lvl 40 covert 1 mill up etc

it stimulates main as new tech trees are created such as effectivnes of planets attacking your homeworld or being able to purchase war upgrade factories again gnr is used to advance them on main but need to ascend to open these trees

main for the players they start on similar to a ng account lvls wise so its not such a big hit for them or say 4-5 lvls covert ac wise where they were before ascensions as they are now higher ascended beings

the bit about ascension now either a drip feed scenario comes into player here for ascension but that effects farming as players wont be able to purchase turns every two weeks or till timer runs down tho does mean more dmu around

or the all in comes into play so this in reality doesn't effect older players as they will probably have more app to drop due to the crazy coverts and what ever the achievements are set at so it keeps the distance between them but shortens it as well long term

other option is app can be used to purchase turns but not all of it or a junky button for that quick hit every three months of 20% of app for example

I understand its the economics behind this that make it such a difficult subject to get into for those that cant ascend it creates a big problem for them as they have stalled to a certain extent and farming rates are dropping to around 150 per hit in some cases

a lot has to with the good work on ascended you have done sol more people are playing it and its a good thing but in essence more farmers less dmu to be had

and fully turned out I think I did 77q was top farmer for like 1 turn hahahah but that was like most of my turns

anyways my thots on it I just think that would bring a change about on main and ascended
Spoiler
Denis Oman
‎18‎:‎43 frazz what are you doing with so many wepons :O‏

you scare me!

Forgot when you started playing?
This will remind you!
reborn
Forum Elite

After getting to close to a year in App stored with just 3 ascensions and quite clear Sol aint going to change anything I choose just to sell naq for $$ and buy the ascension lvls

Now ive just bought Dmu from a few different players for naq (if others are looking ask some from TAF) its just as easy

because speeding it up a bit or giving ppl that's still ascending the choice of refilling turns and not losing 100's tri LF is hard.

He aint going to change it IMO no matter how many want it because "he is right" so ascend with **Filtered** all and buy your dmu with naq as said before ask in TAF if u want to find ppl.
Image x2 :smt081
Spoiler
teesdale wrote:im going to start calling you Mathod man... because i swear to god your as dense as Mathlord is when it comes to arguing.

Ignore valid points from everyone else and believe your own verbal diarrhea, the pair of you.
i just accidently abandoned that planet i just took
[02:02] Scott - Harch - :

<<< **Filtered** MY LIFEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Sol
Forum Addict

frazz wrote:waky suggestion time-not really I drone on about it

my belief is that main and ascened need a kick more main tho ascended is linked to that

I think 10 ascensions should be added that allowed 10 levls of tech that can be purchased through gnr or ME

I think that these should not be allowed to purchase for $$
and that to achieve the ascensions certain achievement criteria need to be met ie raised 1 bill uu be at lvl 40 covert 1 mill up etc

it stimulates main as new tech trees are created such as effectivnes of planets attacking your homeworld or being able to purchase war upgrade factories again gnr is used to advance them on main but need to ascend to open these trees

main for the players they start on similar to a ng account lvls wise so its not such a big hit for them or say 4-5 lvls covert ac wise where they were before ascensions as they are now higher ascended beings

the bit about ascension now either a drip feed scenario comes into player here for ascension but that effects farming as players wont be able to purchase turns every two weeks or till timer runs down tho does mean more dmu around

or the all in comes into play so this in reality doesn't effect older players as they will probably have more app to drop due to the crazy coverts and what ever the achievements are set at so it keeps the distance between them but shortens it as well long term

other option is app can be used to purchase turns but not all of it or a junky button for that quick hit every three months of 20% of app for example

I understand its the economics behind this that make it such a difficult subject to get into for those that cant ascend it creates a big problem for them as they have stalled to a certain extent and farming rates are dropping to around 150 per hit in some cases

a lot has to with the good work on ascended you have done sol more people are playing it and its a good thing but in essence more farmers less dmu to be had

and fully turned out I think I did 77q was top farmer for like 1 turn hahahah but that was like most of my turns

anyways my thots on it I just think that would bring a change about on main and ascended
You're in the wrong place to suggest that (for main piece).
The problem with adding more ascensions is 1. you have everyone that has built up their account and 2. people will start complaining that it's harder to catch up.

Ideally it should be done, the problem is we lack constant flow of users, no one to fight small on small, it will only be big v big or small v big.
Cue ascended.
We only get users from main, ergo we're always bottle necked and the more active players there are the less dmu is available, though I have counteracted it more.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Sol
Forum Addict

reborn wrote: because speeding it up a bit or giving ppl that's still ascending the choice of refilling turns and not losing 100's tri LF is hard.
See big wall post above.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
reborn
Forum Elite

I think you are missing the point what we are saying though Sol we can see what u are trying to do but what is happening is

the ones ascending big are being punished with not being able to refill turns like others can (yes we can but who in right mind would use to get 4k turns for 100 tri Life Force)

what u are promoting is ascending with nothing , being able to use turn refill and the naq u have saved use that to buy dmu just like quite a few are doing.

hence why some want it put up a bit because of so long having to w8 to use the turn refill, atleast that's my take on it.

so again the ones that ascended fast an can use turn refill an are able to farm more dmu are now getting more benefit in main from selling dmu.
Spoiler
teesdale wrote:im going to start calling you Mathod man... because i swear to god your as dense as Mathlord is when it comes to arguing.

Ignore valid points from everyone else and believe your own verbal diarrhea, the pair of you.

Sol
Forum Addict

reborn wrote: the ones ascending big are being punished with not being able to refill turns like others can (yes we can but who in right mind would use to get 4k turns for 100 tri Life Force)
](*,)

See big wall post.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
IFLuX
Forum Elite

how could players get to read that long posts .. [-(
Spoiler
mcdeadly . : i would rather eat stool from fluxes bumhole than fight alongside DDE!
Clockwork Ben Allman: Does not count if you pay for it flux, and tbh, you always 'pay' one way or another :P
anonymous :THIS should be the TAF motto..." Can't hack a war? Join TAF, just go inactive and let a couple guys carry you until the enemy gets bored!"
Loki: like i said before
Loki: denis doesnt have friends
Loki: just people he hasnt pissed off yet

[10:11:58 AM] Loki: I'm a sniper
[1:30:17 PM] Dean Bailey: tbh im not that sleep deprived
[1:30:26 PM] Dean Bailey: i had a super epic nap from 3PM till 6 PM
[1:30:52 PM] Dean Bailey: and thankfully it wasnt the kind of nap you have with TAF.

[19:59:26] Denis Oman: i never had sex with drugs
[19:59:32] Denis Oman: but i did when i was wasted as **Filtered**
[19:59:52] WarGuruBambi -DDE: Bad things happen when drunk lol
[20:00:10] WarGuruBambi -DDE: Dont get me wrong i love my son

CJO - Judgement HC
Scott form what I hear, no one in this game could beat you in an onliner, you have mad skills

[10:16 PM] Skeleton Crew - Judgement 3ic: Flux when are you going to accept that you have potentially one friend on this game and everyone else can't stand you? It's quite sad to watch.
[10:17 PM] Skeleton Crew - Judgement 3ic: I think the worst part is the obvious psychological issue that you maintain this facade of being better than everyone but also putting it down to accounts are what matter
reborn
Forum Elite

I can see your post but imo you have counter acted it by stopping active users that's ascended big the lack of turns.

So ppl that was inactive and couldn't give a **Filtered** about ascended now see a market to use their turns and sell for naq again not giving a **Filtered** about ascended just to get more in main.

Maybe that's to hard to understand ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
Spoiler

Huxley
Forum Elder

IFLuX wrote:how could players get to read that long posts .. [-(
I don't know what we're yelling about!
WARNING: This post may contain traces of dry wit and sarcasm. If swallowed you should seek immediate medical advice. Gatewars.com accepts no responsibility for injury caused by taking any of this seriously.
IFLuX
Forum Elite

Huxley wrote:
IFLuX wrote:how could players get to read that long posts .. [-(
I don't know what we're yelling about!
LOUD NOISES
Spoiler
mcdeadly . : i would rather eat stool from fluxes bumhole than fight alongside DDE!
Clockwork Ben Allman: Does not count if you pay for it flux, and tbh, you always 'pay' one way or another :P
anonymous :THIS should be the TAF motto..." Can't hack a war? Join TAF, just go inactive and let a couple guys carry you until the enemy gets bored!"
Loki: like i said before
Loki: denis doesnt have friends
Loki: just people he hasnt pissed off yet

[10:11:58 AM] Loki: I'm a sniper
[1:30:17 PM] Dean Bailey: tbh im not that sleep deprived
[1:30:26 PM] Dean Bailey: i had a super epic nap from 3PM till 6 PM
[1:30:52 PM] Dean Bailey: and thankfully it wasnt the kind of nap you have with TAF.

[19:59:26] Denis Oman: i never had sex with drugs
[19:59:32] Denis Oman: but i did when i was wasted as **Filtered**
[19:59:52] WarGuruBambi -DDE: Bad things happen when drunk lol
[20:00:10] WarGuruBambi -DDE: Dont get me wrong i love my son

CJO - Judgement HC
Scott form what I hear, no one in this game could beat you in an onliner, you have mad skills

[10:16 PM] Skeleton Crew - Judgement 3ic: Flux when are you going to accept that you have potentially one friend on this game and everyone else can't stand you? It's quite sad to watch.
[10:17 PM] Skeleton Crew - Judgement 3ic: I think the worst part is the obvious psychological issue that you maintain this facade of being better than everyone but also putting it down to accounts are what matter
Sol
Forum Addict

reborn wrote:I can see your post but imo you have counter acted it by stopping active users that's ascended big the lack of turns.

So ppl that was inactive and couldn't give a **Filtered** about ascended now see a market to use their turns and sell for naq again not giving a **Filtered** about ascended just to get more in main.

Maybe that's to hard to understand ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
:roll:. Shall I just explain again?
I just proved that you get MORE dmu/lf if you let it convert your APP over TC than a person converting to turns.
Assuming you farm as well.

Want me to summarise it?
You don't convert to turns + you farm with HALF your normal turn generation > you convert to turns + you farming normally.

It favours both sides I require, you get a little bonus but you wont surpass the normal farmers if you don't farm yourself. That being said, if you farm as well you will get a fair bit more than them.
Big ascenders DON'T NEED EXTRA TURNS IT WOULD BE OVERKILL, they would already get more DMU if they actually played the damn game and not complain about how they should get more APP's because they can't be bothered to farm.

Am I missing something in your argument? Or are you still not understanding?
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
~Tziki~
Forum Addict
Alliance: The Order
Race: Drunken Monkey

following your math in your big post,

but its based on assumptions you can consistently farm people for avg 250t, which isnt really the case. Im hearing a lot of people having to drop to lower amounts because they cant find consistant farms with that much out. Thats the point behind all this, the farming years back was 500t-1q consistantly, now its far lower and those that are mostly against this are those that capitalised during that time and will never be caught if they are still farming.

If you cant close the gap, people start to just close their activity and interest. No one wants to feel they can never be the best. Which means any new players, or returning players etc etc will join and be instantly demoralised by the shear amount of DMU required to catch up/take over and come to the conclusion it cant be done.

Give them this SLIGHT increase in speed and that will change, they will see a light at the end of the tunnel and chase it. activity is boosted, diversity among the top is widened, tournaments will have a greater range of participants and potential winners... ascended will be opened up entirely.

The numbers you gave in your post, are assumptions and not realistic ones at that, and the numbers you showed as top farmers etc dont account for buying DMU with naq, ppt drops, or trading back and forth between farming and being farmed back etc

so that leaves only your idea about the average amounts farmed, which i already addressed as being unrealistic because there are so many being active right now that a big portion of people are not consistenly getting an avg of 250t per hit, but more like 175t...
Ontop of that you also assumed EVERYONE gets 1t a day from it. They dont, most newer or returning players dont have over 20b planets, and of that i know some that do and are still getting 800b a day so its not quite right as it is. whats the average army size of active users? keeping 20b + army and farming without someone trying to DM you for **Filtered** and gigs/to be an ass is unlikely, not the mention everyone likes to pick on undeveloped players for a quick ego boost, which means a returning player to undeveloped acc or acc of lesser standards by todays levels will likely be reduced below 20b army size if its above it, and if not likely lacks the CER to get there. So 1t a day is the MOST you can get not the average, which makes that calculation biased as you were going off average farm, but max lf generation. so naturally the LF calculation will turn out a bigger number.

Unless you can provide numbers from a sample of people? checking that they have not gotten immensely lucky with a ppt drop or hit one person for large amounts (aka buying dmu)

find a few people that dont have hits like this in their history.. average players, work out the DMU farmed and the turns used. Give me that information without names etc just Turns used, DMU farmed and ill work out some maths regarding the average people farm for with actual stats.
--------
Scott - Harchester wrote:Kev is the Chuck Norris of Gatewars, He doesn't join active alliances - the active alliances join him.
Sol
Forum Addict

~Tziki~ wrote:following your math in your big post,

but its based on assumptions you can consistently farm people for avg 250t, which isnt really the case.
No **Filtered**, QE to the hidden D my point is even MORE valid. If you gain less dmu per turn farming then your APP to LF is worth more, so you 'catch up' faster while doing less.
~Tziki~ wrote: If you cant close the gap, people start to just close their activity and interest. No one wants to feel they can never be the best.
By logical deduction if you start after a player has and they are as active as you are, you can never catch up. But that isn't the point of the game, sure one day, you might be better than someone else one day, you can stump their growth or they can go on vac. The point is it's possible to compete and cripple an account bigger than you, sure it may cripple you for a bit, but it will kill them as well, and if you do it right, you will lose less (and at the very least regarding descension, you can defend easily).
~Tziki~ wrote: The numbers you gave in your post, are assumptions and not realistic ones at that, and the numbers you showed as top farmers etc dont account for buying DMU with naq, ppt drops, or trading back and forth between farming and being farmed back etc
I suspect the 80 quad ones were passing dmu, for the lulz but not the 30-40 q's. Dmu with naq yes, you can include that. PPT drops are a fact of life though and valid farming techniques anyone can do.
~Tziki~ wrote: Ontop of that you also assumed EVERYONE gets 1t a day from it. They dont, most newer or returning players dont have over 20b planets,
Indeed, and I proved leeway for it and showed you can still get more if you don't convert to turns.
See post(s) about proportions+new kids+lf.

~Tziki~ wrote: whats the average army size of active users?
i.e about 700 bill per day
232 quad if you insert into the maths I did before it's like 16% MORE than if you convert to turns and farm.

Now it's your turn to produce some maths.
Prove to me that you need the increase, I've been repeating myself since I made that post.
Reasoning is easy to find, VALID is something you need (something with proof, not some stories you gained from a handful of people).

It seems tziki, you want a better farming outlook, not so much a faster conversion. The problem is it's not going to help anyone increase more than anyone else. It just means everyone will get bigger stats. If I give 10 quad to everyone then everyone is still 10 quad apart.
Little kids will take the same amount of time to catch up and the starting difference will be even worse.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
~Tziki~
Forum Addict
Alliance: The Order
Race: Drunken Monkey

right so average army of actives is 13b..
leave that with me then.

any raw sample data on DMU farmed over 14 days without trading it etc? can try get some friends to provide some from their ME over the next couple weeks if not.
--------
Scott - Harchester wrote:Kev is the Chuck Norris of Gatewars, He doesn't join active alliances - the active alliances join him.

Return to “Suggestions”