Tauri introductions and Q & A

All Tauri and Tollan discussion
PIP33
Forum Newbie

HELLo!

I'm new on forum and quite new to the game. 3 days now.

I am Tauri ofcourse. Who should i attack? Can i attack anyone (Tauri,Asgard,Replicators,Goa'uld) or i shouldn't attack other tauri?

Whats with the alpha sites? What do i do with them? I noticed i can deposit some naq there,but it is limited. Do they have any other purpose?

I'm still learning how all works,but i think i learned most of the things i need to know but still not everything.

I just entered in alliance with some dude i know,but i don't know what do i gain with the alliance. So...?

And...what do i get from officers and commanders and i noticed some % to give to officers. % of what? % of my winings in battles or what? Do i get anything of my officers? Can i use their turns? Can i use their away teams? What do i gain if i have officers?

Oh...and how do i gain ratings? By attacking guys with better rating than mine or by geting more officers,or by having more soldiers...how?

I almost forgot!
I have X302 Craft for everyone of my offensive away team and some P90s. When i attack someone it says all of my away guys are attacking with X302 Craft but my P90 are still getting damaged. WHY?
Do they attack with both or what? I don't get it,how can someone in X302 Craft fights with P90. Hmmmmmmmm...
All hail...PIP33 has arived!
Wolf359
The Big Bad Admin
Alliance: EPA
Race: Tauri
ID: 0

Honours and Awards

You will find that once most players have a sizeable amount of x302s, they no longer bother with any of the other weapons - there is no point - not even in defence against sabs.

You can attack anyone you wish - but be careful of thos epeople associated with big alliances.
Severian wrote:So I say as a last resort, splice Semper & Wolf359 for a good balance, Clone said unholy abomination a hundred times, let loose on forums and problem solved.
Mod Speak
PIP33
Forum Newbie

I figured that it wouldnt be smart to attack someone in alliance,so i didn't. Only people that looked like they dont play anymore. People that have couple milions naq,lots of turns and none or very few defensive teams.

Oh...and...whats the diference betven NID and standard teams? Training NID team is much more expensive but are they that much better? Witch should i perfer or. witch should i train more?
Last edited by PIP33 on Thu Oct 20, 2005 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wolf359
The Big Bad Admin

Honours and Awards

If you have just started then i would concentrate on increasing your unit production (more untrained troops = more naq) and covert level.

NID do significantly increase your attack strength (provided you have enough X302s for them to man) and it is worth getting them when you can afford them - but you have to have standard trained troops to train them from.
Severian wrote:So I say as a last resort, splice Semper & Wolf359 for a good balance, Clone said unholy abomination a hundred times, let loose on forums and problem solved.
Mod Speak
PIP33
Forum Newbie

I have unit production of around 100/day next covert costs around 2milions and more than enuf x302s,so that souldn't be a problem.

Well...i started 2 days ago and i'm in seriuos need of turns. hehehe
Wolf359
The Big Bad Admin

Honours and Awards

PIP33 wrote:I have unit production of around 100/day next covert costs around 2milions and more than enuf x302s,so that souldn't be a problem.

Well...i started 2 days ago and i'm in seriuos need of turns. hehehe

Like I said - you shouldn't be using a lot of turns at such an early stage - you shouldn't be training troops up - but using them to generate more naq to increase your UP. Once you have a decent UP and are generating a fair amount of naq you can then train troops and start using turns to attack - remember that your troops are kileld when you attack and it costs untrained troops and naq to replace them - if you have only been playing for 2 days then you are certainly not in a position to fund this adequately.
Mod Speak
PIP33
Forum Newbie

Well...it doesen't seem to matter any more,since i can't connect to http://www.stargatewars.com/index.php . It worked just fine,but yesterday just stoped and i cant connect. I'm getting motherf****** message "The page cannot be found". I can't opem my recruiting page or any other stargatewars.com page except this forum. Grrrrrrrr....

WHat should i do? I tried to install firefox but its the same thing. I just cant open the page. ;o((
PIP33
Forum Newbie

OK...now it works again. QL!

I have a Q now.
How do i dismiss one of my officers?
I can't find a dismiss button if ther is one.
Wolf359
The Big Bad Admin

Honours and Awards

You need to click on the link entitled 'Officers' in your command page - you can dismiss from there.
Mod Speak
buck
The Main Event
Race: Degenerate
ID: 16843

Honours and Awards

but for goodness sake, dont ever use the same IP if a friend comes round.....and if you do, dont msn me about it!
Spoiler
2006 -
Poster of the Year
2007 -
Runner up signature of the Year
Runner up most improved player of the Year
Runner up hero of the Year
Alliance war of the year (CIA vs COP)
2008-
Hall of Fame
2009-
Runner up Hero of the Year
2010-
Vendetta of the Year (Buck vs Tekki)
Runner up Vendetta of the Year (Buck vs Darthudd)

Noteworthy alliances-
Omega
Mayhem
Radical Minority
Nemesis Sect
Warlords of Briton

Previous affiliations-
TL
Ricos
DDE
The Tok'ra
The OOC
The SLA

Missed and dear friends -
Too Many to count, but never forgotten.
Code:
"Now I Don't like you, I don't respect you, and I sure as hell don't fear you. But seeing how your standing in the middle of my yard, I will break you."
deadeye
Forum Irregular

i've been at this for a while, but never posted on this threat so...

hi everybody.

The Hamburglar
Forum Spammer

Yep, im new to this thing, kinda a bit lost, could use some sort of Mentor so if anybody is interested in acting sagely and imparting tit-bits of knowledge to my ignorant self then let me know.
Should we do some introduction stuff- well ok. My hobbies include collecting small animals for... recreational purposes, yea thats it, recreational purposes. I also enjoy a good sitdown, and i like to scream profanities at the pretty people on tv. Other than that i like a good pray, and maybe the odd kitkat as a treat.
Feel free to critique my post cos thats when you enter flavour country.
Indeed! I can scarcely believe it.
Necgros
Forum Newbie

heh, the last time i was on this site, I had only 5k naq, and now I have 2mill naq :!:
"It is not the strongest opponent that wins. It's the strongest Willed"
deadeye
Forum Irregular

The Hamburglar wrote:Yep, im new to this thing, kinda a bit lost, could use some sort of Mentor so if anybody is interested in acting sagely and imparting tit-bits of knowledge to my ignorant self then let me know.

Got to the newbie FAQ section, you should find a few pointers.

The Hamburglar
Forum Spammer

much obliged deadeye
Indeed! I can scarcely believe it.

Return to “Tauri/ Tollan”