Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

Re: Board warning issued for:

hmm... we've banned lots of people... no idea what alliances... no care for what alliances they belong to... whenever a mod who is not belonging to a faction does anything against someone in that faction, there is chance someone will shout "BIAS!!!!"

as for jacks comments, for those of you that havent realized it yet, he's just messing around with you... he bans everyone he can ban for breaking the rules... his claiming to hate one or the other faction, is just him mocking that faction... he's an elder spammer after all; what else could be expected from him?

(sorry buck, had to post this)
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...
Manetheren
Forum Elite
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
Race: Ancient
ID: 0

~FreeSpirit~ wrote:No need for me to add anything here. The words ur gay (litteraly) were reasson enough for me to report ur post. Jack acted upon it.

Would you have reported me if I had said the same thing lith did?
FreeSpirit
Writer of the Gamestory
Alliance: Forgotten Prospects Leader
Race: Tollan/ Jedi
ID: 1947914
Alternate name(s): Wes

Manetheren wrote:
~FreeSpirit~ wrote:No need for me to add anything here. The words ur gay (litteraly) were reasson enough for me to report ur post. Jack acted upon it.

Yes
2008 award
Quotes & Stats
Noobert wrote:You encounter a Wild FreeSpirit. You flee.
Drahazar wrote:woop freespirit getting things done, forceful yet kind, the perfect lover ...
GoAG of the Tolah - TOE - TUS - TUN - TUK
Mr Nice Guy
Forum Expert

Universe wrote:
Prince_of_Darkness wrote:
deni wrote:
lithium wrote:
Clarkey wrote:
lithium wrote:also the majesty of the forum mr Jack
shouldnt modify my post, he can delete the post , remove what i wrote but not add , which in the xase he put a picture of his choice.

Of course Mods can modify people's posts if it is necessary. it is a part of Moderating.

cmone clarkey dont be funny, u can use pm to show yr opinions let this to
Ombudsman's

The only funny things lately is having people complain about every little thing mods do. But you are right, let the ombudsman decide. Good luck ;)

maybe cause mods in the fua side are warnin and bannin all TTF members that post ?ah yes its because of that...

:lol: Don't be ridiculous.

ridiculuos... why if its true
Mr Nice Guy
Forum Expert

~FreeSpirit~ wrote:
Manetheren wrote:

Yes

nope :lol:
Jack
Evil Reincarnated
Alliance: The Empire
Race: Dragonborn
ID: 6475

Locust Queen is a friend, whom I know is gay(first clue is he's a man looking for a boyfriend). I was not insulting anyone, that was a very neutral statement, like saying "I didn't know you were a woman." Tackless stated his desire to be LQ's boyfriend, basically stating he was gay. My statement's primary purpose was to inform Tackless that LQ was indeed a man. But again, even ignoring that purpose, my statement was nothing more then "I didn't know you were a woman." Whereas Lithium had deliberately intended it to be an insult.

Biscuit and Soulless are friends, it may have been an insult on a very technical basis, but it was very jokingly. And people say that I'm too strict, that I don't see gray or whatever, yeh right.

I never saw the Sniper post. But then, the Temple grows exponentially in posts daily, it's impossible to catch every little thing.
Ya'll acting like you know what monster is
Me have 25 years in the monster biz
All monsters think you can fuss with this
Well you can talk to me Snuffleupagus
Me sneak into your house, me leave before dawn
Your daughters will be pregnant and your cookies will be gone
Malx wrote:Make kids not cancer!
Colton
Forum Elder
Alliance: ~Leaf Village~
Race: Canadian
ID: 1938534

When you quoted Sniper you should have also added..

Sniper0432 wrote:^ jumps to a conclusion that I'm using the modern version of gay, when I'm in fact using happy gay version of the word
Manetheren
Forum Elite

Tetrismonkey wrote:Wether or not you can catch everything, the word "gay" has to much of a gray area. Jack, hate to say this, but this is a forum, not the real world, and jsut because someone says they are straight or gay, doesnt actually mean they are. Everything is assumptions and trusting. These posts, however jokingly they may be put, are still on the same line as actually saying an insult. Saying "your gay" is to hard to differ between either a insult or a complement. There are far worse things out there than calling someone gay.

Not only that, but it actually wouldnt be a RL insult. Just because you direct the statement at said user saying they are gay, it could mean they are insulting the User, not that acutal person behind the user. Seeings how we dont know each other in person and so forth, it would be to hard to say you are insulting that person, and not there character.

Now using the word "faggot" is an insult and thus should be warned,not as a RL threat or anything, but perhaps profanity(dont know if its filtered or not).

Besides, its not like it is a threat. Was there any indication that there would be harm against the "person" behind the character?

Good point.
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Reitha

Honours and Awards

Tetrismonkey wrote:
Colton wrote:When you quoted Sniper you should have also added..

Sniper0432 wrote:^ jumps to a conclusion that I'm using the modern version of gay, when I'm in fact using happy gay version of the word

If you read my post, you will see I provide the links above the quotes so peeople may read them more into context.

Wether or not its made in a 3rd person or anything else, its still used and directed toward someone. Meaning they also should get the same punishment?

here's a tip, tetris:
Definitions of gay on the Web:

* cheery: bright and pleasant; promoting a feeling of cheer; "a cheery hello"; "a gay sunny room"; "a sunny smile"
* full of or showing high-spirited merriment; "when hearts were young and gay"; "a poet could not but be gay, in such a jocund company"- Wordsworth; "the jolly crowd at the reunion"; "jolly old Saint Nick"; "a jovial old gentleman"; "have a merry Christmas"; "peals of merry laughter"; "a mirthful ...
* given to social pleasures often including dissipation; "led a gay Bohemian life"; "a gay old rogue with an eye for the ladies"
* brave: brightly colored and showy; "girls decked out in brave new dresses"; "brave banners flying"; "`braw' is a Scottish word"; "a dress a bit too gay for her years"; "birds with gay plumage"
* offering fun and gaiety; "a festive (or festal) occasion"; "gay and exciting night life"; "a merry evening"
* homosexual or arousing homosexual desires
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Manetheren
Forum Elite

Zeratul wrote:Definitions of gay on the Web:

* cheery: bright and pleasant; promoting a feeling of cheer; "a cheery hello"; "a gay sunny room"; "a sunny smile"
* full of or showing high-spirited merriment; "when hearts were young and gay"; "a poet could not but be gay, in such a jocund company"- Wordsworth; "the jolly crowd at the reunion"; "jolly old Saint Nick"; "a jovial old gentleman"; "have a merry Christmas"; "peals of merry laughter"; "a mirthful ...
* given to social pleasures often including dissipation; "led a gay Bohemian life"; "a gay old rogue with an eye for the ladies"
* brave: brightly colored and showy; "girls decked out in brave new dresses"; "brave banners flying"; "`braw' is a Scottish word"; "a dress a bit too gay for her years"; "birds with gay plumage"
* offering fun and gaiety; "a festive (or festal) occasion"; "gay and exciting night life"; "a merry evening"
* homosexual or arousing homosexual desires

I guess the user name Free spirit doesnt fit any of those definitions.
deni
The Initiate
Alliance: THE DARK DOMINIUM
Race: Goddess
ID: 75493

Honours and Awards

I think this whole discussion is a big joke and that people are arguing only for the arguing sake.

The forum rules state clearly that comments on other user's gender or sex are not welcomed on these forums. It has nothing to do with the game and the comments about sex or gender are usually derogatory when made in the Galactic Colosseum and thus warnable no matter if the poster is in TTF (Lithium) or FUALL (REK, Nigatsu Aka). Period.

It would be good if some of you set your alliance interests aside and think what is good for the forums for a change.

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to
Nigatsu_Aka
Forum Elder

:roll:

Deni, I never called anyone gay. I still think that is insulting... especially when it is used in an agressive enviroment like the Galactic Colosseum where every word is used with it`s mean meaning.

Search Nigatsu_Aka using the term gay

However, if you so choose in the conclusion of this debate that using the word gay is not offensive, make note TTF that i will not hold on from calling you all gays everytime i`ll get the chance. And fun fun to see then if you`ll like to be called like that. Be warned.

Have a nice debate.
deni
The Initiate
Alliance: THE DARK DOMINIUM
Race: Goddess
ID: 75493

Honours and Awards

Nigatsu_Aka wrote::roll:

Deni, I never called anyone gay. I still think that is insulting... especially when it is used in an agressive enviroment like the Galactic Colosseum where every word is used with it`s mean meaning.

search.php?keywords=gay&terms=all&author=Nigatsu_Aka&sc=1&sf=all&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

However, if you so choose in the conclusion of this debate that using the word gay is not offensive, make note TTF that i will not hold on from calling you all gays everytime i`ll get the chance. And fun fun to see then if you`ll like to be called like that. Be warned.

Have a nice debate.

You did not call anyone gay directly, but you made implications about Mukasa's gender which was seen as a warnable offense.

And yes, I do agree that calling someone gay is usually always meant as an insult when done in the Galactic Colosseum.

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to
Manetheren
Forum Elite

I disagree that discussion is a big joke. Any discussion that determines what is acceptable and what is not can only lead to better understanding of its users.

I personally use the I am test. Would I ever use the word describing myself.

Im stupid - yep said that before
Im a loser - on occasion
Im scum - no
Im a faggot - no
Im gay - meh.. probably not.. but then again I call my mom gay all the time.

I think there is a difference in calling someone gay and calling them a derogatory synonym of the word gay or making comments about someone's sexual preference. In other words simply using the word gay is ok if you leave it at that.
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Reitha

Honours and Awards

in the GC things said are meant seriously, while in the temple of spam, few are ever serious... (except serious spammers that is)

Return to “Case Archives”