The Great New Goa'uld

All Goa'uld and System Lord discussion
Ra
Sun God
ID: 10085

Re: The Great New Goa'uld

Semper wrote:was just a suggestion...i see our temper has not changed.. :-D

and...a fair enough reason..i suppose its not mandatory to be on the list..

Obviously, as you aren't on the list.
Death is the Road to Awe

semper
The sharp-tongued devil you can't seem to forget...
Race: God
ID: 0

meh... that list was a debacle anyway. It was a list of the great freinds of the goauld mod, not the great gouald. I am far from a great gouald ingame, maybe closer to one on forum fortitude, but I am not blind, or stupid :-D . It just happens that some of the players on the list are very good players, others are...well..not...as AA quite gently put it.
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
Started Playing: April 2005
Honours (5): Hall of Fame 2009. Annual Awards Host 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Winner (12): RP'er of the Year 2008, Runner Up Poster of the Year 2008, Debater of the Year 2008, War of the Year 2008, Poster of the Year 2009, Alliance of the Year 2009 (Nemesis Sect, Creator), Alliance War of the Year 2009 (Nempire vs Mayhem, Instigator), RP'er Runner Up 2009, Knew You'd Be Back 2010, Conflict of the Decade (FUALL v TF), Conflict of the Decade Runner Up (Ga vs TF), Alliance of the Decade (TDD).
Nominated (8): Writer of the year 2007, Avatar of the Year 2007, Poster of the Year 2007, Villain of the Year 2008, Player Sig 2008, Race Player of the Year 2009, Most Missed 2010, Alliance Leadership 2010, Most Missed 2011.
Commands (3): Supreme System Lord 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012. System Lord Council 2006 - present. Dark Lord and Emperor of the Nempire 2009 - 2011.
Alliances (9): DDE, EA, OSL, TFUR, DDEII, AI, RM, WoB, Nemesis.
Forum Roles (4): Former Misc GM, Race Mod (Goa'uld), Debate forum patriarch and mod.
AncientAnubis
Forum Elite
Race: System Lord

I have only ever been friends with Ra and Esker, and to some degree Kjarkur. The ones who were there before me, with the exception of one, deserve to stay. However, several who were voted on I put on the list despite my greater judgement that they in no way had ever been involved in anything remotely close to the old order. How many actually fought the replicators? Not massing a replicator here and there, but when US was attempting to convert the Goa'uld? I was there. As Caprica so eloquently illustrates with his declaration of war on inactive Asgards, it's clearly a time long gone and forgotten.
Legendary Apophis
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Apophis the Great

AncientAnubis wrote:
Semper wrote:because he was not of that generation? Even I cannot remember AA's first appearence and Ive been around since the beggining of this game.

Because you do not remember me does not mean I was not here. I engaged with pretty much all of those on that list except The Saz. My reasoning is that there are several there who in no way deserve to be there, and to avoid being accused of favoritism or whatever they come up with when I do say who I don't believe should be, I myself must be removed.

Like who? I hope I don't make that list :shock: ...well if you consider you out of it I believe many others and eventually me as well are off as well!
Spoiler

Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG ~ AGoL - Completed
Spoiler
<Dmonix> Damnit Jim how come every conversation with you always ends up discussing something deep and meaningful?
<Dmonix> We always end up discussing male/female differences or politics or football
<Dmonix> All the really important issues in life
AncientAnubis
Forum Elite

It will be my last word to the Goa'uld when I leave, the list and a short explanation. And no Apophis, you're not one, you've been here far longer than myself even.
SÅTÅN 666
Forum Addict
Alternate name(s): Ancient God Anubis

Nicholai Brocov wrote:This is a list to pay homage to the new breed of Goa'uld players which, we can all agree deserve our respect. Though not the first to stand up and out in the game. They still deserve a certain amount of respect. For being the ones that adapted and redifined the definition of what it is to be a 'Great Goa'uld' in todays version of SGW.

They are:

Lord_Grant
Tridentkilla
Lord_RahL
Lord Rylan

I should be nominated..I'm an awesome System Lord
Ra
Sun God
ID: 10085

Ancient God Anubis wrote:
Nicholai Brocov wrote:This is a list to pay homage to the new breed of Goa'uld players which, we can all agree deserve our respect. Though not the first to stand up and out in the game. They still deserve a certain amount of respect. For being the ones that adapted and redifined the definition of what it is to be a 'Great Goa'uld' in todays version of SGW.

They are:

Lord_Grant
Tridentkilla
Lord_RahL
Lord Rylan

I should be nominated..I'm an awesome System Lord

hahahaha
Death is the Road to Awe

Tridentkilla
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: The Horus Guard

As Ra said... HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, oh, and on a side note, you have to be nominated, preferably not by yourself, and have actually done some good for the Race as well as having a half decent account, i beleive you have neither

Dia Lucrii
Fledgling Forumer

Burned...
Living God of Lucrii, Leader of the Lucriian Jaffa " kalach shal tek "
Host Speaking
The God Dia Lucrii speaking
Nicholai Brocov
Forum Regular
Race: Goa'uld
Alternate name(s): Brocov

I'm sorry AA, I do agree the other list is lax at best, but I don't think any of those players care whether or not they are on that list. Most were nominated through their adoring fans. I would just like to say that I think you should be on that list and I'll leave it at that.
AncientAnubis
Forum Elite

Nicholai Brocov wrote:I'm sorry AA, I do agree the other list is lax at best, but I don't think any of those players care whether or not they are on that list. Most were nominated through their adoring fans. I would just like to say that I think you should be on that list and I'll leave it at that.

They weren't nominated by their adoring fans, the vast majority nominated themselves. Basically start from me down, with the exception of Apophis, and none of those should be on the list. Are they great players? Yes, definitely. Are they great Goa'uld? No. They've been great players who just happened to be in the Goa'uld/System Lord race ingame. It's more than just having a System Lord account and being a good player, you had to have the persona and gameplay to go along with it. Against my better judgement, I let most of those on, knowing what Esker, _Apophis__, all of those old ones would say to it. The biggest travesty up there would have to be Caprica. Massing random Asgard with no defense? Laughable. I've never been impressed with him and his useless babble from time to time. I know this will rub most the wrong way, but I'm gone, what is to stop me from speaking the truth? It's been festering for a while now.
Angnoch
Dancing Shark God
Alliance: ~Leaf Village~
Race: Care Bear
ID: 1917273

why would anyone try and stop a true SL from speaking his mind. I myself do not count many among the great SL of this game but I am learning from Ra and Rylan
Spoiler
Nicholai Brocov
Forum Regular
Race: Goa'uld
Alternate name(s): Brocov

I'm sorry but when I look back at how and when each of them were nominated. It was always when they were either on their way out or coming up in the game. Since you have/make a lot of friends in either instance in this game. That is the conclussion I've drawn from it, and the fact that you feel none of them even belong on there is vindication of what I was saying. That they were infact voted in through popularity, by adoring fans and not for proper reasons. To say that wasn't the case and say that they were voted in by a great majority of people who didn't have a real concept of what it meant to be a great goa'uld, well thats cursing the entire list and all those who were responsible for voting any of those players in.

I wouldn't go that far even if you would. Demand reform fine but do it in a new topic or something jeez.
AncientAnubis
Forum Elite

Nicholai Brocov wrote:I'm sorry but when I look back at how and when each of them were nominated. It was always when they were either on their way out or coming up in the game. Since you have/make a lot of friends in either instance in this game. That is the conclussion I've drawn from it, and the fact that you feel none of them even belong on there is vindication of what I was saying. That they were infact voted in through popularity, by adoring fans and not for proper reasons. To say that wasn't the case and say that they were voted in by a great majority of people who didn't have a real concept of what it meant to be a great goa'uld, well thats cursing the entire list and all those who were responsible for voting any of those players in.

I wouldn't go that far even if you would. Demand reform fine but do it in a new topic or something jeez.

Yes, that's it, I'm out to p.iss on the list. AA the *Filtered*, that's me. Whatever, I'm gone, I stood up for what I believed in one last time.
Tridentkilla
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: The Horus Guard

erm.... wow... well AA nice to see someone with the balls to do so

Return to “Goa'uld/ System Lords”