Posting as a mod while drunk?

Want to address a Forum Mod directly? Here you go...
If you want a SPECIFIC mod, use PM, but for any mod, this is the quickest place...
Nuto vixen
Forum Addict
ID: 0

Re: Posting as a mod while drunk?

This is a very interesting topic. Both sides of the coin shown. I started off with one opinion before I started reading it, and now I'm not sure which side of the fence I stand on.

Modding while drunk has always been apparent, on this forum it goes back to the early early days when this forum first started. I know one of the former mods who used to hit the drink pretty hard and come in here quite riled up.

I, personally don't drink, and don;t see why anyone would even be online if there were drinking, but everyone has their reasons I guess.

This is probably a good instance where those "seperate forum accounts for mods" thing would come in handy, because if you were drunk, or taking a break, you could log into your "non mod account" and go on your merry drunken way. But as they are one in the same, the account tend to usually make it quite obvious they are under the influence eg; "i'm sooo drunks right nowow!". I just find it hard to look up to a mod who is spouting how smashed they are, when they are meant to be the ones we call on when we need them for forum related issues.

Modding while drunk is pretty far from driving while drunk, but mods are still meant to have a level of decorum to uphold, or so I believe.

It wouldn't be fair to tell them not to come to the forums when they are drunk. I'm not sure how this could be solved. *ponders more*

It's not a matter of luck; it's just a matter of time.
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

currently it isnt a problem... there are to our knowledge noone here that drink a lot before modding...
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...
Bazsy
The Elder Admin
Alliance: -
Race: -

Honours and Awards

I dont know when was the last time I drink only a little...
oh wait... oh I dont know:) Not even on the last day of 2007...
Oh I know now... it was sometimes around christmas... yeah 26th of def... But not too much and I didnt mod...

However much earlier I use to mod while I was drunk, but it was okay as noone complained. I wasnt that drunk after all...
Nuto vixen
Forum Addict

Zeratul wrote:currently it isnt a problem... there are to our knowledge noone here that drink a lot before modding...

I could name a few who are known for it...

It's not a matter of luck; it's just a matter of time.
Bazsy
The Elder Admin

Honours and Awards

Can we sum it up with posting and modding while drunk is okay as long as it stays withing the boundaries of normal posting and modding?

But repeated incidents with the same mod doing crazy stuff have to be dealt with.
killtacular
Forum Addict

Bazsy wrote:Can we sum it up with posting and modding while drunk is okay as long as it stays withing the boundaries of normal posting and modding?

But repeated incidents with the same mod doing crazy stuff have to be dealt with.

No thats like driving and drinking is ok as long as you stay between the lines.
Drinking is a depressant, it impairs your senses. It is not ok . Period. Why would you wait for repeated incidents? Thats like saying hey we know you killed 2 people but if you do it again your going to have to be dealt with.

Use your senses. Its happened deal with it now so it doesn't happen again. Before people cry and whine . Get a clue.
ThakalluS
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: The Legion
Race: System Lord / ORI

killtacular wrote:
Bazsy wrote:Can we sum it up with posting and modding while drunk is okay as long as it stays withing the boundaries of normal posting and modding?

Drinking is a depressant, it impairs your senses. It is not ok . Period. Why would you wait for repeated incidents? Thats like saying hey we know you killed 2 people but if you do it again your going to have to be dealt with.

Use your senses. Its happened deal with it now so it doesn't happen again. Before people cry and whine . Get a clue.

But still in RL you can discover whether one's drunk or not while here in sgw when somebody post's a reasonable post,then you don't know whether is drunk or not - e.g. stays in between the lines and you have no proff how to prove it.

But posting while completely drunk is completely another thing....

But still I wouldn't like to make many connections between RL & sgw ...

"We have made a desert and called it peace"
- Scipio Africanus
killtacular
Forum Addict

Thakallus wrote:
killtacular wrote:

But still in RL you can discover whether one's drunk or not while here in sgw when somebody post's a reasonable post,then you don't know whether is drunk or not - e.g. stays in between the lines and you have no proff how to prove it.

I know what your saying your exactly correct. but when you say I am drunk one must also assume.
Bazsy
The Elder Admin

Honours and Awards

Yes, if someone is drunk and there arent repeated incidents, you wont even notice... thats why I posted that.
REK
Forever Evil
Alliance: THE DARK DOMINIUM EMPIRE
Race: GOD ALLMIGHTY
ID: 666
Alternate name(s): THEY'RE NO STRINGS ON ME

Im drunk can I post as a mod? :D
FreeSpirit
Writer of the Gamestory
Alliance: Forgotten Prospects Leader
Race: Tollan/ Jedi
ID: 1947914
Alternate name(s): Wes

So hence if someones drunk and posted or even modded. You are comparing it to someone who drives while drunk. as explained before the happenings on forums can be changed. The ones in RL cant. Also the subject drunk@work. Yes in my eyes thats a no go but however as the community said themself modding isnt work its something they volunteered to do. I personnaly dont agree with modding while being drunk but to make a big fuzz of it like this is pretty useless in my eyes to
2008 award
Quotes & Stats
Noobert wrote:You encounter a Wild FreeSpirit. You flee.
Drahazar wrote:woop freespirit getting things done, forceful yet kind, the perfect lover ...
GoAG of the Tolah - TOE - TUS - TUN - TUK
buck
The Main Event
Race: Degenerate
ID: 16843

Honours and Awards

Simple as

Dont mod while drunk.

Its the same principle as, you dont mod ALL the time, yet you do mod all the time, if that makes sense.

which im pretty sure it doesnt...
Spoiler
2006 -
Poster of the Year
2007 -
Runner up signature of the Year
Runner up most improved player of the Year
Runner up hero of the Year
Alliance war of the year (CIA vs COP)
2008-
Hall of Fame
2009-
Runner up Hero of the Year
2010-
Vendetta of the Year (Buck vs Tekki)
Runner up Vendetta of the Year (Buck vs Darthudd)

Noteworthy alliances-
Omega
Mayhem
Radical Minority
Nemesis Sect
Warlords of Briton

Previous affiliations-
TL
Ricos
DDE
The Tok'ra
The OOC
The SLA

Missed and dear friends -
Too Many to count, but never forgotten.
Code:
"Now I Don't like you, I don't respect you, and I sure as hell don't fear you. But seeing how your standing in the middle of my yard, I will break you."
Bazsy
The Elder Admin

Honours and Awards

I hereby declare that I was drunk at saturday and had a hangover at sunday. At that time I didnt log in to the forums at all:)

Just to show a good example:D LOL
Mystake
Forum Addict
Alliance: Dominium of Chaos
Race: System Lord
ID: 50147

killtacular wrote:
Thakallus wrote:
killtacular wrote:

I know what your saying your exactly correct. but when you say I am drunk one must also assume.

:\

Speaking of knowing if someone is drunk or not while posting, I've been pulled over for DUI while I was completely sober.
I actually had 4 officers, two cars come get me and they blocked off half the road going each direction.

All that because someone called the police to report it. hehehe,I'll admit I had friends in the car who were drunk, but long story short someone reported the driver as being drunk.

:\
TRADE FEEDBACK - I am an A+ trader! Safest $ trades in all of SGW. I do escrow services too!
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 48&t=83709

Former member of what became the Alliance of the Year of 2009, Nemesis Sect.

Mathlord wrote:The Reclaimer has been descended as a result of the battle!!!

Good times ;)
#-o
Mystake
Forum Addict
Alliance: Dominium of Chaos
Race: System Lord
ID: 50147

FreeSpirit wrote:So hence if someones drunk and posted or even modded. You are comparing it to someone who drives while drunk. as explained before the happenings on forums can be changed. The ones in RL cant. Also the subject drunk@work. Yes in my eyes thats a no go but however as the community said themself modding isnt work its something they volunteered to do. I personnaly dont agree with modding while being drunk but to make a big fuzz of it like this is pretty useless in my eyes to

lol, go volunteer for women's rights activism see how far that gets u ;)
TRADE FEEDBACK - I am an A+ trader! Safest $ trades in all of SGW. I do escrow services too!
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 48&t=83709

Former member of what became the Alliance of the Year of 2009, Nemesis Sect.

Mathlord wrote:The Reclaimer has been descended as a result of the battle!!!

Good times ;)
#-o

Return to “Talk to the Mods Direct”