Complaining about Homer

Want to address a Forum Mod directly? Here you go...
If you want a SPECIFIC mod, use PM, but for any mod, this is the quickest place...
Severian

Re: Complaining about Homer

Eriond wrote:@ balor
you go on about whitey reading pm's and channels then equate this to someone TELLING homer what what said, how is this in ANY way the same? if someone tells you something that is soooo different than someone "spying" on your convo.

It is not the action, but the concept and principal that I was equating.

That Ops report private messages confided to them to the higher power, even if it is about said higher power and by doing so betray the privacy of the user so that the higher power (who expects no less) can then act and attempt to punish any negative views.

Eriond wrote:I've said it before and i will keep on saying it
IF YOU DONT LIKE THE RULES THEN DONT GO THERE!"
being on irc is a privellige NOT a right, try going to another server where they have a no swearing policy and see what happens when u break their rules.

I did not break the rules and my post shows I agree with them. Homer broke the rules and that was the point of my post, to point that out, not to outright defend others who have broken rules.

I have shown certain ops swearing, provoking, abusing opper powers and using double standards by not applying the same reaction to transgressions depening on who does it.

The flip side of the coin.

I see you completely ignored and failed to adress all points in my argument bar 1 of which you took the wrong context in the hope of proving me wrong.

Eriond wrote:tle have been appearing in the kick logs alot more lately which to me personally shows that you are just a bunch of kids, if your not then prove me wrong and act responsibly and mature.

Generalising will be the end of us all. Certain users may act inappropiately at times, but do not lump them as a whole nor equate them to children. Considering a grown man abused his powers just to get his own back and yell at someone who said something about him, is that not the same thing?

I have been a long time user of chat and given it my all, always been careful not to break the rules and to help keep and promote a healthy enviroment. In return I have an op betray the confidentiality I placed in him as well as an oper abuse his power to denounce and discredit me not just on his behalf, but the irc as a whole.

Homer's actions and subsequent posts are not doing the promotion of irc as a new thing free of the burdens of the old regeime any favours, chosing to argue mute points instead of admitting and adressing the issues that have risen.

The community is reading this and seeing the attitude the ops are taking on this stance and i'd perfer that the unadmitted faults of the few do not tarnish the group as a whole.
noone
Forum Elite
Alliance: none
Race: gone
ID: 0
Alternate name(s): Nostradamus,Nostra,NanoBite,Drought,Darkwing Duck,Duck Dodgers,Medusa,Star Nova,System Mistress,*The Exile,ingolfúr,Belle,Lagertha.

Eriond wrote:you broke the rules then start whining that they are strict,

First off, I never said the rules were too strict .... you are making that up, meaning I'm calling you a liar.

This kind of attitude is what makes some of you unappealing for your positions ....

When I got told that I could leave if I didnt like it ..... I quited without any further reply in the channel apart from my quit message "bye then"

The fact that I stated a part of my discontent is not so much as a rant or anything, just a statement of my observation of what happen(ed/s) in the IRC channel.

And you, my over- compensating friend, call it whining ?

thank you very much ....

just more fuel for my fire 8)
Eriond
Forum Grunt

Nostra wrote:
Eriond wrote:you broke the rules then start whining that they are strict,

First off, I never said the rules were too strict .... you are making that up, meaning I'm calling you a liar.

This kind of attitude is what makes some of you unappealing for your positions ....

When I got told that I could leave if I didnt like it ..... I quited without any further reply in the channel apart from my quit message "bye then"

just more fuel for my fire 8)

you never said the rules were too strict?

Stargatewar channel log wrote:[21:37:23] · nostra · some cam version I cant tell the difference except for slight tilts in the screen :\
[21:37:31] · nostra · cant*
[21:37:51] · nostra · ah well :)
[21:38:37] · nostra · been a long day today .... sis birthday ... been there, .... missed train .... three kids and cranky wifey on hand -_- ... 1 hour waiting for the next f-er
[21:38:55] · &zesh · oh
[21:39:07] ›› Mode change: +b *!*@KCnet-F93A2F9.hooge1.gr.home.nl by zesh
[21:39:07] «« ! Kicked nostra from #stargatewars by zesh (no masking)
[21:39:12] ›› Mode change: -b *!*@KCnet-F93A2F9.hooge1.gr.home.nl by zesh
[21:39:25] «« (irc.gamesadvantage.com/#stargatewars): zesh invited nostra into the channel.
[21:39:33] » Joins: nostra (lemming78@KCnet-F93A2F9.hooge1.gr.home.nl)
[21:39:41] · &zesh · cant mask mate
[21:39:42] · nostra · nice to invite me back :\
[21:39:51] · &zesh · wasnt sure you knew how
[21:39:58] · nostra · I was calling a train ffer .. kick me again for it and I'll srtay away ...
[21:39:59] · &zesh · so i thought id be nice :)
[21:40:21] · &zesh · still the use of such language is banned
[21:40:23] · &zesh · !rules
[21:40:23] · &Zathras · Channel Rules can be found here http://www.cavanacd.plus.com/SGWRules.htm please read and follow. thank you :)
[21:40:29] · &zesh · http://www.cavanacd.plus.com/SGWRules.htm
[21:40:45] · nostra · ah well ... could you be more up tight about it ?
[21:40:54] · &Zathras · nostra u dont like it then leave
[21:41:04] «« Quits: nostra (lemming78@KCnet-F93A2F9.hooge1.gr.home.nl) (Quit: ... bye then)

funny that i've bolded the section where you DID NOT say the rules were too strict. hows that fuel coming on?
Move along, move along, nothing to see here
noone
Forum Elite
Alliance: none
Race: gone
Alternate name(s): Nostradamus,Nostra,NanoBite,Drought,Darkwing Duck,Duck Dodgers,Medusa,Star Nova,System Mistress,*The Exile,ingolfúr,Belle,Lagertha.

[21:40:45] · nostra · ah well ... could you be more up tight about it ?

Funny, I would say your blind or your perception of the english language is a bit shabby .....

Does it state anywhere that I find the rules too strict ?
I stated a personal comment towards the one that kicked me about a rule ....

Burning wild 8)
Harokai
Forum Newbie

<spy> Racist, discriminating (or any of that kind...) jokes, remarks or phrases are prohibited. <---- A Rule
<spy> Now
<spy> I can twist that rule
<spy> To make sure the usage of "God" is discriminatory
* SGW_Guest870 is now known as Lysander
<spy> Because in fact, it is
* Zeratul says hai to Lysander
<GunniH> homer
<homer> and i would tell u to grow up
<spy> Both towards zesh and towards myself

<spy> So why can you call yourself God?
<Paul> i have since stopped using _God
<spy> I saw it yesterday
<Paul> for awhile now
<spy> But thank you
<Paul> it came in and exited
<Paul> it didnt even talk

<spy> I can say **Filtered** whenever I like
* SGW_Guest937 (SGW_Guest9@KCnet-F670690C.dsl.nextra.sk) has joined #stargatewars
<Kane_4> lol
* You were kicked by Enforcer (Watch your language!)
* Attempting to rejoin channel #stargatewars
* Rejoined channel #stargatewars
* Topic is '14,1Welcome to the official 4,1StarGateWars.com4,1 channel. 9,1English Only Please!9,1 14For rules: Type14,1 4,1!Rules4,1 | 14,1Trade in 4,1#Tradeserver4,1 14,1only. User and server stats can be found at:4,1 http://stats.pptwars.net'
* Set by quickshot84 on Tue Jan 08 15:02:45
<LordMato> lol
<Paul> spy do i again
<Paul> and ill be banning u

<spy> So basically the ops don't have to listen to the rules?
<spy> [18:00] <homer> how about grow up and act your age and quit griping about every godamn rule ?
<Zeratul> paul can ban (almost) whenever he wants...

<Zeratul> do you see ops breaking rules often? we dont...
<homer> show me once where i broke my own rrules ?
<spy> I see homer saying the rules don't matter
* zesh (notorious@armed.and.dangerous) has left #stargatewars (yep its true)
<homer> i said godamn

These are little snippets of my last #stargatewars visit, it may not clearly display what I want but here we have two blokes - one is homer and one is Paul - they are ops for the sgw irc server. homer here has always had power to do things and has overseen things in the absence good 'ol whitey.

My friend Paul here loves to mock my religion by calling himself by the divine name God, God_ or _God and did so for months without being done anything to under the watchful eye of homer. If logs are wished I shall provide them to show Paul here talking as God on many occasions. You can call yourself by any of those three names but it remains the same and what it means remains the same to me, you even use a capital letter usually.

It's not so much about rules but about simple respect for other people who do have values relating to this or values in general. I can respect people's values even though I may not agree with them and I can by that accord expect the same in return. It doesn't cost anything to be nice. From what I'm getting the rule about discrimination does not matter at all and it makes everything pointless in earnest.

From the logs you can also see homer stating that rules do not need to be worried about so I won't be going too deeply into it.

From this point on whenever I join #stargatewars I will be allowed to use the following phrases: **Filtered**, *modded*, *modded*. These phrases I use as a means of expressions and because one of the other rules do not matter I can claim my right to speak in the means I find suitable, homer does it anyway (way to go for leading by example towards a number of people below 18).

The real unfortunate thing is that I thought homer was a good guy, someone who was reasonable and level headed about things but he doesn't care about his rules and he sure does love generalising in irc about TLE.
sdfalsdjflskjfklasdj :AD:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:
quickshot84
Forum Irregular
Race: Goa'uld

@ Harokai, sorry, but who are you?

edit: nvm, found out you are "spy"

Harokai wrote:From the logs you can also see homer stating that rules do not need to be worried about so I won't be going too deeply into it.

<spy> [18:00] <homer> how about grow up and act your age and quit griping about every godamn rule ?

<homer> i said godamn

Clearly you have that wrong as well.
the snippet there does not show homer saying that rules do not need to be worried about. he is saying to spy that he doesnt need to complain about every single rules
<homer> how about grow up and act your age and quit griping about every godamn rule ?

i don't see him saying the rules do not matter
Member of Ω Allegiance: 22/6/05 - 7/1/07
www.co-opp.net - because gaming was made to be fun [Clan OhnD, mcsA, mcOhnD!] - {CoD4/CSS/TF2} - #co-opp
The Doctor
Time Lord
Race: Time Lord

Honours and Awards

Harokai wrote:
<spy> Racist, discriminating (or any of that kind...) jokes, remarks or phrases are prohibited. <---- A Rule
<spy> Now
<spy> I can twist that rule
<spy> To make sure the usage of "God" is discriminatory
* SGW_Guest870 is now known as Lysander
<spy> Because in fact, it is
* Zeratul says hai to Lysander
<GunniH> homer
<homer> and i would tell u to grow up
<spy> Both towards zesh and towards myself

<spy> So why can you call yourself God?
<Paul> i have since stopped using _God
<spy> I saw it yesterday
<Paul> for awhile now
<spy> But thank you
<Paul> it came in and exited
<Paul> it didnt even talk

<spy> I can say *modded* whenever I like
* SGW_Guest937 (SGW_Guest9@KCnet-F670690C.dsl.nextra.sk) has joined #stargatewars
<Kane_4> lol
* You were kicked by Enforcer (Watch your language!)
* Attempting to rejoin channel #stargatewars
* Rejoined channel #stargatewars
* Topic is '14,1Welcome to the official 4,1StarGateWars.com4,1 channel. 9,1English Only Please!9,1 14For rules: Type14,1 4,1!Rules4,1 | 14,1Trade in 4,1#Tradeserver4,1 14,1only. User and server stats can be found at:4,1 http://stats.pptwars.net'
* Set by quickshot84 on Tue Jan 08 15:02:45
<LordMato> lol
<Paul> spy do i again
<Paul> and ill be banning u

<homer> i said godamn

Edited out irrelevant information

My friend Paul here loves to mock my religion by calling himself by the divine name God, God_ or _God and did so for months without being done anything to under the watchful eye of homer. If logs are wished I shall provide them to show Paul here talking as God on many occasions. You can call yourself by any of those three names but it remains the same and what it means remains the same to me, you even use a capital letter usually.

Where has paul said WHICH god he may be calling himself? (if thats what you wish to call it)

There are a few gods in the world that people believe in (various different names, ie God, Allah), He could be calling himself one of those... or he could even be calling himself by a God he himself only believes in maybe...his own religion...who knows? He could even be referencing Stargatewars (Living God/Ancient God)

It just seems you have chosen to be really picky with each and every rule because of a mistake (which homer has already said he found out about (he undid the Gline once he found out why Mukasa was originally banned)

Also... just did a quick google of "names of gods" and found this quote:

Apollon Apollon, the son of Zeus and Leto; the brother of Artemis.
(Apollo, Apollon, Phoibos Apollon, the Striker from Afar) Apollo

Ares Ares, the god of War; the son of Zeus and Hera.
(Ares, Aries, Mars, God of War) Mars

Artemis Artemis, Diana
(Artemis, Diana) Diana

Eros Eros, the primal god of Love; using arrows of gold and lead, he would wound the hearts of mortals and Immortals alike.
(Eros, Cupid) Cupid

A few of these names are seen within IRC and the SGW community itself... will they get into trouble for using those names? They just use them as a way to identify themselves. They perhaps like the names. Who knows?

But if you are gonna pick on the use of "God" (which Paul has already said he has stopped using) find out which God he is "representing" or "calling himself" before you say that he is insulting your religion.

EDIT: Sorry if I sound a bit rude there. Just one of the things I hate are people saying something insult their religion when it may not even affect it.
Last edited by The Doctor on Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Formerly known as Haz

Nine out of ten doctors recommend going to an amusement park this weekend.
The Tenth Doctor doesn't want to go.
Spoiler
CC Leader: n haz thsi time it wasnt ur fault
Bralor wrote:hey haz how long do you estimate until someone blames you and masses HVE again?
Field Marshall wrote:On a seperate issue - where is Haz? He's the glue we really need right now!
SuperSaiyan wrote:I'm a staff member so naturally I'm used to unjustified abusive commentary, so really I don't mind ;)
Zeratul wrote:
Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:So I heard that when becoming a moderator you are subjected to hours and hours of "The Forum is good, the Forum is great, we surrender our will as of this date".

that is incorrect... nothing resembling prostration...

Forced labor on the other hand........ :sge
SuperSaiyan says (2:04 PM):
*that was kernal potter
*colonel
*wow I just made that typo

SuperSaiyan says (2:05 PM):
*no one will speak of this
*or I take muff's veggies away
*and he starves
Hope says (2:59 AM):
*hypothetically, how bad would it be if i descended someone... but forgot to Godquest them first, and they're active, and in an active alliance...
Hope says (3:00 AM):
*hypothetically...
Murris says (3:00 AM):
*ah **Filtered** why am i descended....
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
i just wanted the blue color XD
Mukasa
Forum Addict

lol....i'll do just 1¸thing...then wait for reaction-and based on that reaction i'll do more

homer,ur an idiot,zeta,ur an idiot

since u two are emo's can u teach me how to become one?

why am i saying this? it might be wrong yes,doesn't hear right,but since idiot,emo aren't insulting words(based on what 1 irc op aka forum mod said and also homer who called me an idiot himself) they have no right to use their power or any other mod/op to punish me because it would show how ops/mods have doule standards because id' get punished and op wasn't punished.

This is just getting funny,instead of you,Zeta&Homer admitting that you were wrong and apologizing u go and continue to be idiots onwards.

I talked with an irc op yesterday via pm,he apologized for being rude and I did also. It's behind us and I can say I'm prolly gonna have 1 friend more.
DaDigi
Forum Elder
Alliance: I hate all equally
Race: Tri-athalon
ID: 46811

I really don't want to read all of this nonsense, but I have a word of advice. If you know that you are not welcomed on the SGW IRC, there are millions of other IRC channels on millions of other IRC servers to connect to. Talk to people on MySpace, AIM, MSN, or PMs.

Please don't try to exploit the shortcomings of one IRC OP's patience and haste in removing you from IRC.

Play nice, or leave the playground.
DaDigi
Former Moderator for Market & Suggestions/Reports
Mukasa
Forum Addict

BE A FAIR MOD/OP OR GTHO.

and everyone knows zeta is abusing his powers..ohhh ohh i know! no one can do **Filtered** to him cause he owns irc or w/e...but he doesn't own my mind and mind of others,

who said i'm not welcomed? other tle members are not? who said other ppl out of tle aren't wlcomed? if zeta thinks he can do whatever the f. he wants the fine....then we should have irc network that a neutral person is hosting or w/e..and be quiet if u didn't read this thread cause u have no idea what's going on.
hidden
Lord of Chickens

Mukasa wrote:BE A FAIR MOD/OP OR GTHO.

and everyone knows zeta is abusing his powers..ohhh ohh i know! no one can do stuff to him cause he owns irc or w/e...but he doesn't own my mind and mind of others,

who said i'm not welcomed? other tle members are not? who said other ppl out of tle aren't wlcomed? if zeta thinks he can do whatever the f. he wants the fine....then we should have irc network that a neutral person is hosting or w/e..and be quiet if u didn't read this thread cause u have no idea what's going on.

speak for yourself because i haven't seen many people at all that agree with you

want to make a poll?
Wolf359 wrote:I agree with hidden
LTC
Forum Expert
Alliance: The Dark Stalkers
Race: <3NANOTI!<3
ID: 33391

So, about the swear rule:

[14:11] * Darkeagle has quit IRC (Killed (homer (consider this being pWned by an "old **Filtered**")))

[15:00] <homer> fortify our borders ...and if they try it again ...nuke em the **Filtered** off the planet

[13:44] <homer> **Filtered** out of luck
[13:44] <Haz> lol
[13:44] <Ta> amec whats your Q UP?
[13:44] <homer> **Filtered** u bot
[13:44] <CompanionCube> Isnt **Filtered** kickable?
[13:44] -bot- You were kicked from #stargatewars for swearing (**Filtered**). The rules can be found at http://www.gamesadvantage.com/rules.php ... arGateWars
[13:44] * You were kicked by bot (Bad word detected. Swearing is not permitted within #stargatewars. (217 kicks))

[00:44] <homer> omg i so want to just unleash on that little prick **Filtered**

[13:18] <homer> 0. There’s no **Filtered** songwriting here. There are **Filtered** riffs stacked on top of each other and repeated until your **Filtered** runs into hiding, never to come out again. Metallica managed to not only do the crappiest tunes in their career, they also made sure that the songs were 6 minutes too long in each and every case.

[13:26] <homer> e air is vibrating with excitement, and then? BAM!! The first song (working title: Frantic) kicks in with hypnotic, almost industrial Slayer-riffs. What the **Filtered** is going on? “You live it or lie it”, chants James Hetfield and goes on with “my lifestyle determines my death style”.
[13:26] <homer> so **Filtered** tbh

Want more?
Mukasa
Forum Addict

LTC FTW :lol: :lol:

wonder what excuse will come now?
Eriond
Forum Grunt

well for 1 those logs are not from the current irc, bot does not exist and the rules link is sooo out of date its unreal...that link hasnt been active for over 4 months. question are those logs all on the same day? i doubt it.
Move along, move along, nothing to see here
Severian

Regarding LTC's Post:

Eriond wrote:so how come alot of ppl can stay in the channel? nostra you broke the rules then start whining that they are strict, i know for a fact that at least 1 person who goes into #stargatewars is around 11 yrs old, i wouldnt want my child reading ppl swearing, yes kids swear at school but when i have any say then if i had a child they would not see it, its not hard to avoid swearing alot of ppl manage it all the time so why cant you?

:-)

Also:

homer wrote:Thats because Farmland has a Hardon for me

Not insulting or having a go at someone's sexuality there at all.

<~homer> why not
<~homer> sex with a stiff cold body is fun

If I didn't want my child exposed to swearing, why would I want them to be exposed to things of a sexual nature? Especially when the head op and other ops talk about their gigs and gigs of porn, backing them up, self titled pron king as well as making all sorts of references to sleeping with their wives and finally having a "penis uptime script" which displays a ascii representation of the male reproductive organ whose length increases with the uptime - also used by the head op.

So I fail to see how the child exposure point has any value considering LTC post and the above in mind.

DaDigi wrote:Please don't try to exploit the shortcomings of one IRC OP's patience and haste in removing you from IRC.

Play nice, or leave the playground.

It is not just an Op.

It is the Head Opper/highest authority on irc as well as another op who owns the network. As such you could have high expectations from them and the fact that they have to be the two most reponcible people on the server (not to mention most powerful/influential/necessary).

They can do what they want in their playground but when they talk of never breaking rules and of righteousness and how terrible it is that xyz broke abc rule and go all judgemental on them, that hypocrisy I don't like.

Then with all the ops slurring of TLE as Bullies:

But wait, we haven't even gotten up to the op massings yet. On forums, people complain about users massing mods for doing their jobs. Yet on irc, a user makes a mistake and have gotten massed time and time again by - you guessed it, the ops. It has become embedded in the culture of irc that "n00bs" or people with the wrong attitude/breaking rules are massed and most of the massings have occured from a select few ops. Most of the time with enourmous size differences.

Yeah, TLE are real bullies.

Mukasa wrote:LTC FTW :lol: :lol:

wonder what excuse will come now?

The "It didn't happen on the same day" and the "If we just ignore the points, maybe it'll go away and won't turn into a public fiasco". 12 ops/mods posts have occured since I first posted the blatent abuse and all 12 have utterly ignored it in the hope it'll just fade away and be forgotten. It has not even been publically acknowledged, let alone countered.

Return to “Talk to the Mods Direct”