16%
I dont think we need any change
52%

Total votes: 31
12agnar0k
Forum Addict
ID: 0

Re: Change in Assasins

PSICOLIX wrote:Option 3, un-untraineble Assasins. Plus 50% reduction in the Kill rate.

this option was presented to admin today and was the one he like more.

Option 3 is the best. But doesnt neccesarily need to be untrainable, just cost more to assinate and they loose less.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

PSICOLIX wrote:Option 3
-un-untraineble Assasins. Plus 50% reduction in the Kill rate.

I prefer this one.
Also, if possible, *prepares for a stupid remark* make them killable?
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

Auriel wrote:

I prefer this one.

Hunt assasin?
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Lore wrote:
Auriel wrote:

I prefer this one.

Hunt assasin?

There.. I knew it was a stupid remark. :?
*shuts up*
Lord_Zeus
Forum Regular

I (personally at least) don't really like the idea of untrainable assassins, I don't generally use them for wiping out people defence as you are saying a lot of people do. I generally use mine for defence, to protect my strike when I build it... don't really know a solution, mabye making them life assassins after you use them to assassinate or something, but i'm not sure I even like that idea...

Cheers,

LZ
Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Stickin it to the man!
Lithium
Forum Zombie
Alliance: The Pirate's Panties
Race: Pirate

inc ase of life assassins there will be smth to kill but only big accaount can. the problem still remain . how can u see who did it?
it ll better to make them losse a %. ie snipes have assassin lvl 1000 , target lvl 500 . the sniper will lose 50% - 20% (his high lvl ) of target losses, also if the levels are not +50% he ll show in logs

i think the only thing that piss ppl here is that they can see who did it not the power of assassins
find a way to make them list in logs and none will complain

i ve lost 350mil this month and im just at 1.2b
Previously on GateWars Forum
The orgin of Guild
Spoiler
Lithium wrote:he was talkin bout me and remembering the days i was massing him wit one finger ;)
Guild wrote:is that the same finger you stick up your bum ? :smt060
Lithium wrote:no its the one who gave u life ;)
Field Marshall wrote:Lith put his finger up his bum and Guild arrived? :smt017
I wish that was genuinely true :)
Lithium wrote:oooo why there isnt any emo for this one , id have dropped of chair dead :smt042
MajorLeeHurts wrote:
Lithium wrote:oooo why there isnt any emo for this one , id have dropped of chair dead :smt042
Agreed that was the funnies **Filtered** ive read here!
Im sure JT is enjoying this thread , if he isnt hes in a coma !
Feedback Me
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=101259
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom

Honours and Awards

if you crit you will catch assasinater if they do it often. They are meant to be secret and descrete. But they are way overpowered.

LZ, you need to look at the big picture. I cant build a def big enough to stop your strike without someone using 100 mill assasins to kill my 600 mill def planets. That is way overpowered.

They lost 4% witch was 90 mill? and i lost over 550 mill and a top ten def at the time. its to powerful.

See snipers like you dont need or use your own income, you live off others so you can sit on crit and catch those assasinating your strike. Those of us trying to use our incomes as well as farm get caught in the middle. it get assasinated and keep our incomes or crit and loose them. if we build a def to stop the farming it gets assasinated in 30 hits to nearly nothing.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Reason, youll get dead.
Lithium
Forum Zombie
Alliance: The Pirate's Panties
Race: Pirate

there must be a way to reduce the assassin gap. the best of ascended is that u can use many ways to fight smone, but smone wit a good assassin lvl can reduce ppl armies in few clicks
Previously on GateWars Forum
The orgin of Guild
Spoiler
Lithium wrote:he was talkin bout me and remembering the days i was massing him wit one finger ;)
Guild wrote:is that the same finger you stick up your bum ? :smt060
Lithium wrote:no its the one who gave u life ;)
Field Marshall wrote:Lith put his finger up his bum and Guild arrived? :smt017
I wish that was genuinely true :)
MajorLeeHurts wrote:
Agreed that was the funnies **Filtered** ive read here!
Im sure JT is enjoying this thread , if he isnt hes in a coma !
Feedback Me
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=101259
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom

Honours and Awards

Love your siggy quote

I still dont understand why a 30 hit rule exsists in ascended for standard attacks as you cant even come close to massing someone in 30 hits, but 30 assasinations will kill 94%ish of both strike and def.

What kinna balance is that?
Reason, youll get dead.
fremen
Forum Irregular

If you get assassinated too often then you need more assassins! They play a defensive role as well as offensive. You will lose some of that precious income, oh wait, no you won't because you will not have to keep rebuilding your military. But too many assassins and someone may come along and mass you to kill them off instead. It is always a balancing act.

Assassins are powerful and they need some weakening to be sure.

For one thing a failed assassination should kill off 50-90% of failing assassins. I would really like to send home a sole survivor, but my assassins have always been a bloodthirsty crew.

Maybe an increased death rate of the assassins when used for destroy military operations or a more resilient networked planet. Notice how no one has complained about covert losses to assassins.

Or drastically increase the effectiveness of realm alert on assassination resistance.

I am not a fan of PSICOLIX's first or second suggestion as they favor a very specific style of play and if one thing is un-trainable then ALL things should be un-trainable in my opinion.
Pirates wander the verse and the loot lays thickly upon the common man.

Hallowed ARRRRRR the Orrrrrri!

Ascended Player of the Year 2008 Annual Awards - Thanks everyone for the votes.
TheRook
Forum Addict
Alliance: Warlords of Briton
Race: Humanoid
ID: 30679

fremen wrote:If you get assassinated too often then you need more assassins! They play a defensive role as well as offensive. You will lose some of that precious income, oh wait, no you won't because you will not have to keep rebuilding your military. But too many assassins and someone may come along and mass you to kill them off instead. It is always a balancing act.

Take note at the time I had 200mill assassins and lvl 550... but there is nothing to stop someone training 600-700mill assassins temporarily and slaughter me...

If I wanted to pretend I could stop assassins I'd train up all of my army as assassins and someone with more will still come with more assassins with a higher level...

Massing is more costly in DMU/Turns than Destroy military
Why waste 450AT massing someones defence let alone repairing your weapons and replacing your network strike supers...

spend 200AT and lose maybe 50mill assassins and no repair DMU and people wont find out who did it...

I know which option everyone will choose...

TheRook
My Account for Sale (cold hard cash) at the link below (Have a look its a great deal!)
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 1&t=174111

Main ID = 30679 | Ascended ID = 1467
MackTheKnife
Forum Intermediate

Combine all the options. Too many times I've seen and read that someone has lost 200 million worth of defensive planets and the coward who did it got off scot free without his name being revealed, and they only lost 10/20 million spies at the most.

1) Destroy military should tell you who did it.
2) They should be untrainable.
3) Losses need to be more severe.
4) Casualties caused need to be much less.
All alone, staring on
Watching her life go by
When her days are grey
And her nights are black
fremen
Forum Irregular

If someone is sending 600-700 million assassins at you then their losses will be 16 million or more planets per assassination. If you are going to use an example, then please use real numbers.

And it is not a mystery whenever I assassinated anyone. It would either be to steal an outrageous sum of DMU or in retaliation for a massing that I had received earlier. I also did it a few times to try to descend someone that was active, but it only worked once out of the 3 or 4 times I have tried it.

If someone assassinates you and you can't figure out the reason why, then just assume that you are loved, since they bothered to spend turns on you for no gain to themselves.

Some change is needed, but no reason to go overboard. Remember when covert on Main used to be really cool, and now it is just so-so?
Pirates wander the verse and the loot lays thickly upon the common man.

Hallowed ARRRRRR the Orrrrrri!

Ascended Player of the Year 2008 Annual Awards - Thanks everyone for the votes.
Lord_Zeus
Forum Regular

Whether someone sends 10 mil or 500 mil the losses are still minimal compared to the damage caused. You can't train more assassins because then they just get hunted... I suppose you could build a defence to protect them but then you'd need more assassins which would get hunted...
Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Stickin it to the man!
MackTheKnife
Forum Intermediate

The thing is there is no defence. No attack. No strategy.

You want an account killed, you just train a few hundred million/billion? (depending on what level you and the account you want dead is) assassins, you kill 95% of their defence and attack. If you leave it at that, you hardly ever find out who did it.
All alone, staring on
Watching her life go by
When her days are grey
And her nights are black

Return to “Suggestions”