Suggest any improvements
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

Re: command star

cyberblade wrote:Hmm... I'm not sure how a more balanced CS would benefit snipers. Care to explain?

If it addes to there strike power, then they can take bigger defenses with less losses and may even be able to hit defenses they could not previously do to not having the man power as you would now have a "ghost" effect of adding strike power that doesnt require man power behind it.

And coupled with patheticly cheap repair cost for a CS it would be more a nightmare then it is now.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
ramster
Fledgling Forumer
ID: 0

correct lore....thats why people would needd to build big ms's for defense :)
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom

Honours and Awards

ramster wrote:correct lore....thats why people would needd to build big ms's for defense :)

Not denieing that, I was explaining how it benifits snipers. After all they can funnel everything into one stat extremely fast and this simply tips the scales more in their favor then it is now.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Reason, youll get dead.
Naminef
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: TDD
ID: 65625

cyberblade wrote:
Lore wrote:
12agnar0k wrote:
God shornaal wrote:

@12agnar0k
Well that shouldn't be too hard to do. Im pretty sure its been tried and tested in Q. On MS but not CS but not a huge difference.

Yup, but I cant really see any work on CS benefitting anyone other than the snipers, should concentrate on fixing that first lol.

I can agree with this

Hmm... I'm not sure how a more balanced CS would benefit snipers. Care to explain?

Well, if CSs got a power boost to make them more useful i think they would get used even less to be honest. Think about this...
say that you have:
NO offense(0 power)
a def(rank 100)
some covert(rank 200)
some assassins(rank 200)
and no CS(minimum power)

having no offensive weapons and no CS will keep your rank down which will allow you to buy the your offensive weapons up just after the turn change. This will allow you to use the rank modifier to you advantage, even though it does not accurately reflect your current power.

now, if you stayed with a 0 power CS when everyone else had one with any power on it, your rank will fall to lower than theirs since they have a 4th stat that isn't a zero. This will allow you to farm more effectively.

So please, by all means buy up CSs and become farms for people using the rank modifier to their advantage.

NOTE: If the rank modifier is scrapped then you could make the CS usable, but until then it wont be worth anything.
Squishymaster
Forum Newbie

Obviously this is still a problem. This either needs to be fixed or removed. If its removed I would hope that the money put into everyones cs would be refunded.

Lore
Fountain of Wisdom

Honours and Awards

Hopefully Admin will turn his attention here now that main updates have been released. IDK
Reason, youll get dead.
Iƒrit
Forum Addict
Alliance: The Legion
Race: System Lord
ID: 22479
Alternate name(s): Hansel, Nighthawk

I pray he does, when I was playing I enjoyed ascended far more then I did main, I didnt like some aspects but for the most part ascended was far greater.
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom

Honours and Awards

Paul wrote:I pray he does, when I was playing I enjoyed ascended far more then I did main, I didnt like some aspects but for the most part ascended was far greater.

At one time yes it was, sadly I didn't understand ascended then.

Maybe it will rise again.
Reason, youll get dead.
SWÅT
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: Tauri Alliance - High Council
Race: Furling / Tolah
ID: 90071

I finaly made it to the right post... lol

I believe jason should just add a power up to the CS just like all the other stuff.

I don't believe snipers will build big CSs due the fact they can't untrain it and would more likely not build one. but it comes back to the point you will need to build one.

I am very much in favor of adding a power up to the CS.
:smt015
Iƒrit
Forum Addict

well it would allow snipers to use less planets when builing a strike to achive nice hits, but on the flip side its a hidden bonus for others too, so it just creates some nice elements into the game. The again defense is practially useless on both servers since they are easilly wiped out. But the real debate is why spend your DMU into something that gives little boost compatred to cost, most people would rather dump that DMU into CER so CS is rather useless. I also think there should be a Power Up ability, just like attack, defense, covert, and assassin.
SWÅT
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: Tauri Alliance - High Council
Race: Furling / Tolah
ID: 90071

agreed about the hidden bonus for all. if you build a nice CS then you have the defense side to help against snipers and all that attack. =D>
:smt015
ramster
Fledgling Forumer

admin shud now be working on this (next update) as he sid after he worked on main (just done) he would resolves this issue :)
Iƒrit
Forum Addict

very nice, thanks for the update ramster
*dances*
Brdavs
Forum Elder
ID: 69113

Dear god NO.

Absolutely NOT.

If you ever plan on doing anything to ascended that tries to stabilize it but short of a complete reset leave CS alone or better yet take them out.

Lemme tell you why.

You have people up there that make 50tril per turn, myself included. And you have people nowhere near that. guess what happens if CSs start making sense as an investment. all the big ppl get an easy bonus cos they got more DMU they can whipe their arse with, and allthe not so big people (vast majority) end up with a finger in their bumm.

So dear god, leave CSs in the trash bin as long as you have certain people makin 10000x more dmu per turn than others do.
You`ll end up with what main has now, a couple of "2tril MSs" that are in a league of theirown completley unbalancing the field and that no/few induvidials have a chance of matching without major $ or team effort.
Its plenty enough screwed up without this as it is, ascended.
ImageImage For Rome!
Calibretto wrote: WIR SOLLEN *insert* AUSRADIEREN

Inserted part could be you!
ramster
Fledgling Forumer

what my suggestion was is to DO something to ms

that mite be...remove it,updateit-more tech's,powerfuller

excetra

BUT not leave it there as it is as it is useless and pointless

my suggestion is to update/do something to it