Curious, what does it take

Want to address a Forum Mod directly? Here you go...
If you want a SPECIFIC mod, use PM, but for any mod, this is the quickest place...
GeneralChaos
Forum Addict
Alliance: Omega
ID: 59627

Curious, what does it take

What exactly does it take to be a mod,

Does one have to quit the game for the forums there modding.

Be real good friends with an admin i mean forum admin, not game admin ( don't know any in Ireland i could be screwed here )

Also i thought if any mod positions came up you would ask people who you thought was a good option.

For example, i've never been banned of warned on the forums ( do i need to start building these up??? ) as i see a few mods who have been warned and banned, and some even perm banned but later removed, ( maybe cause there friend was an admin )

Like i said im just curious.......

PS: as you can see i did not post any names in this post, so its not directed at anyone set person.
Deep within Noob Cave, you find a strange pool filled with a glowing blue liquid. You think back to what your mother told you about unfamiliar liquids found in caves.

You're pretty sure she said "Drink it! What's the worst that can happen?"
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

Re: Curious, what does it take

if you are hinting to the sudden appearance of several new mods now, they are only race mods, they dont have full mod access & such...
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...
GeneralChaos
Forum Addict

Zeratul wrote:if you are hinting to the sudden appearance of several new mods now, they are only race mods, they dont have full mod access & such...

It makes no difference, 2 of them have been both banned and perm banned at least once on these boards, and now are mods, so my question is

DOES SOMEONE HAVE TO GET WARNED AND BANNED FROM HERE BEFORE BEING CONSIDERED FOR A MOD?

Then once banned, become a friend or suck up to a forum admin to get unbanned then become a mod.

ANOTHER GREAT example you all set for us.
Deep within Noob Cave, you find a strange pool filled with a glowing blue liquid. You think back to what your mother told you about unfamiliar liquids found in caves.

GeneralChaos
Forum Addict

Jack wrote:Race mods were voted for by you guys, don't blame us if you don't like one of them. :lol:

Oh you mean that vote that was done how many months ago, mmm i believe one of these new mods was made a mod, then had to remove it, cause of the outcry, but hey maybe 2 months later no one will notice, its clear to get anywhere on this dam forum u gotta suck up big style to smoosh or bazsy or just live in the same country as 1 of them.

Yet 2 of the mods have been perma banned on here, but alas that means nothing when your best buddies with an admin.

Total double standards BS, next they will be banning people for what they where banned for themselves, but cause the people they ban, refuse to 1 suck up to the admins and 2 becomes there friends there screwed.

Time for Forum to completely renew the entire dam mod team, maybe it can be done right 3rd time round.

Nuto vixen
Forum Addict
ID: 0

Who has been perma banned?

I can't see anyone on the current list.... Perhaps you are mistaken.

I've been here since 2005 so I doubt I'd have missed it.

Why not just type their names? It would help your case a little.

It's not a matter of luck; it's just a matter of time.
GeneralChaos
Forum Addict

Jack wrote:Ok well firstly I didn't know there were new race mods, and I certainly didn't know they were appointed, they were supposed to be voted in, and I don't spend a lot of time in the race sections anyway.

Secondly, neither Smoosh nor Baz picks the Race mods, that's FS's job.

Thirdly, if you want to be a mod so badly, then why don't you just ask? I do believe that there may be some vacancies opening soon, better get yer app in early. ;)

Forthly, Smoosh''ll pretty much give just about anyone a chance.

That 1 line you wrote there explains everything.

Also JACK, i dont want to be a mod, i dont want to be part of all that double standards crap, i just find it ironic who actually gets appointed mods, i worked on an admin team for over 2 years, and yea it had problems but it was excellent compared to the circus being ran around here.

You also said they should have been voted on, and not appointed by FS, as they where not voted upon, maybe you should take this up with a forum admin.......

@ Nuto, maybe not under there current name, but just you watch this space, and names will get posted soon enough, before the BS gets even bigger around here.

PS: its 12:45am but i look forward to discussing this more tomorrow.

GeneralChaos
Forum Addict

Jack wrote:So then, are you complaining about FS? :?

And I'll speak with Smoosh about it. :-)

No, not FS directly as i did not know he appointed them. His choices mmm maybe.

deni
The Initiate
Alliance: THE DARK DOMINIUM
Race: Goddess
ID: 75493

Honours and Awards

Correct me if I am wrong, but race mods were not appointed but voted upon by the public. The polls and the announcement who the winner of the polls are, are still in the race section and were there since January :?

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to
geisha
Forum Addict
Race: Pastafarian
ID: 65545

Nuto vixen wrote:Who has been perma banned?

I can't see anyone on the current list.... Perhaps you are mistaken.

I've been here since 2005 so I doubt I'd have missed it.

Why not just type their names? It would help your case a little.

you were actually perma banned by the head admin back at the time, only someone else unbanned you... ;)

That omg I fell in a coma person was also perma banned, came back under a new name and was for what ever reason allowed to stay... If I remember correctly he/she/it was even multying in game to cover all that bs...

funny stuff

@GeneralChaos: I think you don't necessarily have to get banned to become a mod, sometimes being a spammer or breaking some rules will do the trick too...

edit: and also, once you ARE a mod, you don't have to worry about rules at all. You can even create fake forum accounts impersonating other forum users and once the community figures out it was you, the game administration will give you a new ID in game. Sweet, isn't it?
geisha
touched by his noodly appendage

Nuto vixen
Forum Addict

deni wrote:Correct me if I am wrong, but race mods were not appointed but voted upon by the public. The polls and the announcement who the winner of the polls are, are still in the race section and were there since January :?

You're right.

Race mods were the people choice. FreeSpirit merely organised it to try and breathe some life back into the forums.

@geisha. I was never perma-banned by actual admin, just someone in the guise of an admin when it suited them. The "someone" who unbanned me was actually an admin though.

geisha
Forum Addict
Race: Pastafarian
ID: 65545

Nuto vixen wrote:
deni wrote:Correct me if I am wrong, but race mods were not appointed but voted upon by the public. The polls and the announcement who the winner of the polls are, are still in the race section and were there since January :?

You're right.

Race mods were the people choice. FreeSpirit merely organised it to try and breathe some life back into the forums.

@geisha. I was never perma-banned by actual admin, just someone in the guise of an admin when it suited them. The "someone" who unbanned me was actually an admin though.

The admin who perma banned you was named Shaitan and he was the head admin back then.
geisha
touched by his noodly appendage

Nuto vixen
Forum Addict

geisha wrote:
Nuto vixen wrote:

You're right.

The admin who perma banned you was named Shaitan and he was the head admin back then.

As I said, when it suited him. I'm sure the persons responsible for booting him from the team would attest to that point also.

Bazsy
The Elder Admin
Alliance: -
Race: -

Honours and Awards

Nuto, geisha: Please stop this conversation here, as it isnt the best thing to do, and we heard it countless times and it wont solve a thing as it did not solve any in the past

BTW There are no hungarian mods, thats for we picking mods from our counties:)

And just to clear this up:

Race mods were voted in by their race in the race sections. FS only counted the votes, but it was public, so you can recount if you feel like you should.
We had issues with certain voted in race mods so they were changed to the 2nd in the most votes list. (1 was inactive, and 1 was problematic if I remember right)

About the mod colour: I gave them the mod colour yesterday because I think they did a good work with making the race sections living again, and I thought they deserved that colour.

If you have any problems with this, or with me, please refer to this guideline: viewtopic.php?f=71&t=98591

Thanks for reading.
Nimras
Forum Addict
Alliance: Yggdrasil
Race: Viking
ID: 30667

GeneralChaos wrote:Also JACK, i dont want to be a mod, i dont want to be part of all that double standards crap, i just find it ironic who actually gets appointed mods, i worked on an admin team for over 2 years, and yea it had problems but it was excellent compared to the circus being ran around here.

Hmm well tbh i just applied knew know one at the team and was giving 14 days test trial and was in.

But for the rest i cant talk how and why. Btw i never been banned or warned soo.
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

Bazsy wrote:BTW There are no hungarian mods, thats for we picking mods from our counties:)

nor are there any other protoss mods... em, we mean norwegian mods...
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...

Return to “Talk to the Mods Direct”