Alliance Bank

Clarkey
Multi Hunter
ID: 0

Honours and Awards

Alliance Bank

As Jason has already mentioned there will be the introduction of an Alliance Bank in the next update coming soon. He said that no-one (not even the leader) will be able to withdraw funds from the bank. The funds will however, be used for certain Alliance Upgrades, which are not yet known.

This means that the funds in the bank can't be abused by individuals or leaders for their own gains, but will help the alliance as a whole. Jason obviously has some ideas for what types of upgrades to put in place, but it could be a good idea to throw some suggestions around here as Jason is currently working on the update so the time now is ripe.

I had a couple of ideas myself. Firstly there is likely to be a limit of how much funds you can have in the bank, one alliance upgrade could be to increase the size of the alliance bank.

I was also thinking that as Commanders are only limited to 10 officers (previously 25) that maybe something along these lines should be introduced for Alliances. Set it at a maximum number of members allowed in an alliance so that we don't get silly numbers of like 100 members that we have seen in the past. Then another Alliance Upgrade could be to increase the number of members allowed in an alliance.

So my alliance upgrade suggestions are:

1 - increase alliance bank space with the funds in the bank
2 - limit number of members allowed in alliance and increase that limit with funds from the bank

I haven't had a chance to think of other Alliance Upgrades yet as it is too nice weather to be stuck in doors! :-D
Image ImageImageImage
Milenko
Forum Expert
Alliance: DoC
Race: Ancient
ID: 1911875

Re: Alliance Bank

Sounds good, there has been talk of an alliance bank for quite some time now, I was starting to think it wasn't going to happen.
Never argue with idiots. They bring you down to their level and beat you with years of experience!

Trade Feedback
TheRook
Forum Addict
Alliance: Warlords of Briton
Race: Humanoid
ID: 30679

so you cant spend the funds in the alliance bank on members in teh alliance i.e. using it to buy UU but get big donations easily and not having to wait for brokers..

that seems a waste in my book... after all we run a growth scheme were Warlords donate 2 days income every week for the lucky person who's turn it is to buy UU I'm sure other alliances do that so surely just taking the correct % tax and then getting the alliance leader to distribute it to the right player once a week would make it far easier...

but to be honest not really being able to spend the alliance bank funds on members of the alliance seems pointless...

We put in 10 trill naq into the bank admittedly just going on Clarkeys suggestions (because we dont know what else is in store)

we can basically just buy the ability to have more alliance members... and a larger alliance bank...

with our members averaging about a 12-15trill banks size I dont see the benefit of an alliance bank unless it allows easier collection/distribution of naq for any growth schemes etc...

TheRook
My Account for Sale (cold hard cash) at the link below (Have a look its a great deal!)
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 1&t=174111

Main ID = 30679 | Ascended ID = 1467
Nimras
Forum Addict
Alliance: Yggdrasil
Race: Viking
ID: 30667

TheRook wrote:so you cant spend the funds in the alliance bank on members in teh alliance i.e. using it to buy UU but get big donations easily and not having to wait for brokers..

that seems a waste in my book... after all we run a growth scheme were Warlords donate 2 days income every week for the lucky person who's turn it is to buy UU I'm sure other alliances do that so surely just taking the correct % tax and then getting the alliance leader to distribute it to the right player once a week would make it far easier...

but to be honest not really being able to spend the alliance bank funds on members of the alliance seems pointless...

We put in 10 trill naq into the bank admittedly just going on Clarkeys suggestions (because we dont know what else is in store)

we can basically just buy the ability to have more alliance members... and a larger alliance bank...

with our members averaging about a 12-15trill banks size I dont see the benefit of an alliance bank unless it allows easier collection/distribution of naq for any growth schemes etc...

TheRook

Well i do imaging a bank where you could increase all alliance members bank sizes. Make everyone def become stronger, putt a member on ppt if he arent online and has 1 or 2 of the weekly ppt left many options.
Alexiel
Fledgling Forumer
Race: Tollan
ID: 8489

could be used to buy turns off the market for in wars
The early bird gets the worm but the seccond mouse gets the cheese
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wolf359
The Big Bad Admin
Alliance: EPA
Race: Tauri

Honours and Awards

TheRook wrote:so you cant spend the funds in the alliance bank on members in teh alliance i.e. using it to buy UU but get big donations easily and not having to wait for brokers..

TheRook

I think Jason's idea is so that it can't be abused and that everyone in teh alliance always benefits - which is fair enough. And what it also does is it stops alliances simply ploughing all their naq into the bank and then creating 1 super-player - which would be bad for the game.

Clarkey makes a couple of good points - but I'm not sure that limiting alliance members is necessary as I can't think of a good enough reason for it.

I've been talking to a few people about it today, and one common opinion seems to be that the bigger and more powerful the alliance is, the more expensive the upgrade should be - kind of like a cost to power ratio - especially since I believe the bank is to have unlimited capacity. A cost to power ratio would make it a balanced update, and ensure no exponential runaway in growth that we have experienced in the past. And it does make sense that to upgrade something that is big/powerful already should cost more than it does to upgrade something that is small/weaker.
Severian wrote:So I say as a last resort, splice Semper & Wolf359 for a good balance, Clone said unholy abomination a hundred times, let loose on forums and problem solved.
Mod Speak
TheRook
Forum Addict

Wolf359 wrote:I think Jason's idea is so that it can't be abused and that everyone in teh alliance always benefits - which is fair enough. And what it also does is it stops alliances simply ploughing all their naq into the bank and then creating 1 super-player - which would be bad for the game.

Clarkey makes a couple of good points - but I'm not sure that limiting alliance members is necessary as I can't think of a good enough reason for it.

I've been talking to a few people about it today, and one common opinion seems to be that the bigger and more powerful the alliance is, the more expensive the upgrade should be - kind of like a cost to power ratio - especially since I believe the bank is to have unlimited capacity. A cost to power ratio would make it a balanced update, and ensure no exponential runaway in growth that we have experienced in the past. And it does make sense that to upgrade something that is big/powerful already should cost more than it does to upgrade something that is small/weaker.

To be honest at the moment you can have lots of alliances throw naq at one player and make a single super player... for example take JMX's fleet strength... I dont know how many alliances were involved but I'm guessing from certain threads it was probably a lot of FUALL alliances...

The cost based on upgrades would have to be based on something other than power ratio... otherwise you would have alliances that after a war they do the upgrades when alliance power is weak...

at the same point you cant base it on alliance armysize average... (kick out all the players except the alliance leader and he does the upgrades at a cheaper price)

The only thing to do would be to make them hideously expensive... first click 1 trillion second click 5 trillion and so on... yes smaller alliances wouldn't benefit from the upgrades but at the same point if they dont have the power/resources to "waste" on such upgrades you really shouldn't be spending that naq on upgrades like this in the first place...

which is why I think it should just be a way of distributing naq more easily... just take the bank sizes of all the members in the alliance and make the alliance bank 50% of that capactiy with an adjustable "tax" to get put in there and the Leader/2iC get to dish it out... change the tax rate etc if you dont trust your Leader/2iC your really not in the right alliance as someone said I believe on a previous thread...

TheRook
My Account for Sale (cold hard cash) at the link below (Have a look its a great deal!)

Iƒrit
Forum Addict
Alliance: The Legion
Race: System Lord
ID: 22479
Alternate name(s): Hansel, Nighthawk

In other games Ive played only the treasure could use the bank functions. He was the only one that could purchase upgrades and withdraw funds to distibute the funds if needed.

Also in this game members of their alliance/clan could only deposit a max of 25% of their income on hand every 24 hours. It was done like this because just like clarkey suggestions alliances had to upgrade their alliance bank size and their alliance member total. As each upgrade was purchased it got more expesive and a expontenial rate.

One thing I would like to see is if the bank is used to purchase ATs and UU then the bank itself should be able to hold those as well for the alliance and should also have limits.

Another neat feature was that the alliance/clan bank in the other game I played had the option to recruit guards for the bank because other alliances could do a mission to plunder the bank and steal resources from it. This would really be a neat aspect in war.

Anyway there is a few thoughts.
TheRook
Forum Addict

Ifrit wrote:other alliances could do a mission to plunder the bank and steal resources from it. This would really be a neat aspect in war.

I would just keep it in my stronghold if that got released...

Alexiel
Fledgling Forumer
Race: Tollan
ID: 8489

perhapse the bank could hold more than naq but units too so it would be easyer to recover from wars. perhapse there could be some way to make the resources available only for wars and once the war is over its taken automatically from them and put back in the bank. that could add additional tactics to wars. the alliance may look small but their bank could have about 200mill units in there for them to withdraw under war.
The early bird gets the worm but the seccond mouse gets the cheese
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Xale
Forum Irregular

Not being able to withdraw from it makes the aliance "bank" useless for me. Whats wrong with withdrawing? Any half decent aliance should have a capable leadership that would be able to use and distribute the resources for the best of their aliance. :S I was looking forward to the bank upgrade mostly becouse our aliance runs a weekly lottery and an aliance bank would be very usefull in transfering and collecting resources.

I guess the aliance upgrades are an interesting idea but dont call it an aliance bank, things described here have nothing to do with the bank concept. I think aliance upgrades are a waste of time. I doubt there will be anything practical or effective to upgrade, and if it is, it will be an advantage for bigger aliances that will be able to afford it.

Just make a freaking simple normal alliance bank and save all this aliance ugrades junk for another update.
General Xale, Slovenia United HC
DarkSchneider
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: Retired...
Race: Stormtrooper chariot

My thoughts on an alliance bank...

1.) No percentages taken each turn or anything. Members must manually deposit naq into the bank.
2.) 2 people act as alliance Treasurer and can distribute the funds, in case one person is gone.
3.) Log created for all transactions of the bank.
4.) Bank naq can only be transferred to a member of the alliance.
5.) Alliance bank can be used as the "reward holder" for alliance wars.

Reasons...
1.) No percentages taken each turn or anything. Members must manually deposit naq into the bank.
That way all naq will still be in the open each turn. Empire's banks do not automatically deposit naq, neither should the alliance bank.

2.) 2 people act as alliance Treasurer and can distribute the funds, in case one person is gone.
There should be two alliance treasurers to distribute funds. One person may be gone for long periods of time and leave the alliance in a bind. Someone else should have access to the funds, just in case.

3.) Log created for all transactions of the bank.
This way everyone can see what is happening with the naq in the bank. If members in an alliance see it is being misused, then they won't be as willing to donate any further.

Alliance bank should only be used on members of the alliance. Otherwise people can create alliances of multi-accounts and transfer the naq to one big account outside the alliance. Perhaps a similar measure can be put in effect as the "personal AT's". Once it is distributed, it is non-transferrable.

5.) Alliance bank can be used as the "reward holder" for alliance wars.
In instances of war, alliances can use all funds except the funds set aside as the reward for winning the war. In cases of war, the bank will "freeze" the funds used for the war rewards.
Spoiler
Currently retired. Former ID = 82518. Former member of Heavens Warriors.
Reschef
Forum Elder
Alliance: ~Ricos Warlords~ (retired)
Race: System Lord
ID: 37648

what about simply making it a real bank ... you put in naq and this brings in interest. Therefor you for sure also wouldn't be able to take naq out for some time.
Spoiler
Borek wrote: No one ever died from playing SGW, although i think some of the whiners may come close to drowning in their own tears :roll:
ImageImage
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

DarkSchneider wrote:2.) 2 people act as alliance Treasurer and can distribute the funds, in case one person is gone.

The bank will not be used for these purposes, it will be used for alliance upgrades. No-one will be able to withdraw funds at all.
Image ImageImageImage
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

Reschef wrote:what about simply making it a real bank ... you put in naq and this brings in interest. Therefor you for sure also wouldn't be able to take naq out for some time.

unfortunately this would be too powerful... it'd favor the large greatly over the small...
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...

Return to “Suggestions Archive”