Arkansas town on lockdown"Martial Law"

S0lid Snake
Fledgling Forumer
Race: Goa'uld
ID: 0

Re: Arkansas town on lockdown"Martial Law"

[KMA]Avenger wrote:sadly thats not whats taught in schools nowa days, and thats what the american public get drummed into them by every news channel, paper, and official...

if i lived in a republic and someone tried to tell me i lived in a democracy i would not be happy because my ancestors died in order to get away from the tyranny that was king george's "democracy".

the problem most people have is they cant understand what democracy is because they are taught from birth that freedom means democracy, it does not mean democracy, it means that 51% of the people hold sway over the other 49%.
its one thing to have a democratically elected official and another to be governed by a democratic state.

Yes democracy literally means mob rule. Even if the mob is wrong, all at the cost of the minority.
{The Legion Of Outer Haven}
[KMA]Avenger
Forum Zombie
Location: Borehamwood Elstree, England, 2 mins from George Lucas Studios.

Jack wrote:
cloak wrote:I dont want a cop pouncing outta a shrub/tree/hedge on me asking me what the hell im doing outside! but meh, you conceded :-D

If a cop jumped out of a shrub at me while I'm walking down the street at 2 in the mornin, he's going to get himself hurt! :shock:

Seriously, while I feel perfectly safe walking around at that hour, if something jumps out at me, I'm going to react defensively, which unfortunately for the officer, means violently.

a cop would have no reason to jump on a passer by (without good reason, such as the officer witnessed said passer by involved in a crime) so if he does then his intentions are not friendly and i would support the cop getting his head kicked in.

Infinite Love Is the Only Truth: Everything Else Is Illusion.

-David Icke
S0lid Snake
Fledgling Forumer

[KMA]Avenger wrote:
Jack wrote:
cloak wrote:I dont want a cop pouncing outta a shrub/tree/hedge on me asking me what the hell im doing outside! but meh, you conceded :-D

If a cop jumped out of a shrub at me while I'm walking down the street at 2 in the mornin, he's going to get himself hurt! :shock:

Seriously, while I feel perfectly safe walking around at that hour, if something jumps out at me, I'm going to react defensively, which unfortunately for the officer, means violently.

a cop would have no reason to jump on a passer by (without good reason, such as the officer witnessed said passer by involved in a crime) so if he does then his intentions are not friendly and i would support the cop getting his head kicked in.

:lol: Agreed.

US cops behavior has declined so fast its almost unbelievable.

Case in point here:-

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=oUkiyBVytRQ

Truly shocking. :-k
Empy
Derper
Race: Eldar

Drachenstein wrote:
[KMA]Avenger wrote:
Jack wrote:

:lol: Agreed.

US cops behavior has declined so fast its almost unbelievable.

Case in point here:-

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=oUkiyBVytRQ

Truly shocking. :-k
Youtube links in the Debate Section are just about the least useful thing for your case... Probably the least credible site but most used for evidence... I never click them..

Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198036220818]Image[/url]
Spoiler
Cole
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
Race: System Lord
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Legendary Apophis, Apophis The Great, Legendary

If anyone wants reasons why I wouldn't want to live in the US:
-Common weapon holding, everyone can have one...and from that results the high murders rate.
-Amount of gangs in big sized cities...more martial law is needed in the US in my opinion.
-Culture that a consequent amount of population lacks...I don't know numbers, but I would say...40%.

Main problems as you seen for me are the weapons holding, and the lack of culture some people have. For rest of things, it's ok.

Why weapons being a right to hold is a problem for me?
Because everyone can have them, not only those who want to defend themselves, but also any kind of psychopat or serial killer.
Just see EU. We don't allow weapons, and some of our countries have lowest kill rates in the world. So that thing "we have weapons otherwise we are in danger", is nonsense. You only create the problems you want to protect yourself from.
Empy
Derper
Race: Eldar

LegendaryApophis wrote:If anyone wants reasons why I wouldn't want to live in the US:
-Common weapon holding, everyone can have one...and from that results the high murders rate.
-Amount of gangs in big sized cities...more martial law is needed in the US in my opinion.
-Culture that a consequent amount of population lacks...I don't know numbers, but I would say...40%.

Main problems as you seen for me are the weapons holding, and the lack of culture some people have. For rest of things, it's ok.

Because everyone can have them, not only those who want to defend themselves, but also any kind of psychopat or serial killer.
Just see EU. We don't allow weapons, and some of our countries have lowest kill rates in the world. So that thing "we have weapons otherwise we are in danger", is nonsense. You only create the problems you want to protect yourself from.
A gun isn't the only murder weapon, if you wanted to kill someone and couldn't get a handgun you could a lot more easily take a kitchen knife and do it, or a 2x4....

Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198036220818]Image[/url]
Spoiler
Cole
Forum History

Empedocles wrote:
LegendaryApophis wrote:If anyone wants reasons why I wouldn't want to live in the US:

A gun isn't the only murder weapon, if you wanted to kill someone and couldn't get a handgun you could a lot more easily take a kitchen knife and do it, or a 2x4....

You're right, but THEN, we can wonder why in EU countries (not all of them, apparently, UK suffers from knives attacks alot, and Italy has some places well hmmm...you know who are there heh) there are far less murders than in USA...as as you said, we also have knives, iron bars and everything else not firing bullets that can kill. Anyone knowing US and EU both well could answer me on that? :?
S0lid Snake
Fledgling Forumer

LegendaryApophis wrote:
Empedocles wrote:

You're right, but THEN, we can wonder why in EU countries (not all of them, apparently, UK suffers from knives attacks alot, and Italy has some places well hmmm...you know who are there heh) there are far less murders than in USA...as as you said, we also have knives, iron bars and everything else not firing bullets that can kill. Anyone knowing US and EU both well could answer me on that? :?

The UK's knife & gun crime has been blown out of all proportions, I live in Manchester named Gunchester by the media, in the last 20 years I have heard of just 2 shootings in my local area, and 1 stabbing. The way the media tells it I need full body armour and a tank to get through to my local shop. It's total BS, more people die in house hold accidents than by the gun or a knife, you don't see the media flapping about that do you.

At this rate the police will be raiding my house to take my kitchen knives as I may use them in a possible future crime, it's insane. so we'll have a pre-crime system just like in the minority report.

According to the daily mail, the new batman film is to blame for all these non-existent stabbings as the joker makes knives look cool. They ran 3 days of full page articles about it, even though most stabbings occurred before the film was even released, WTH!
Last edited by S0lid Snake on Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
Cole
Forum History

:lol:
Demeisen
Forum Intermediate

dont tell me about violent (gun/knife) crime is 'blown out of all proportions.'

i live in london. i know what crime is like where i am. its like the media says it is.

as to batman causing some of this. that = bs. if anything its the decades of violence in the media which has contributed. but only contributed. its a general breakdown in society. its a serious problem which must be addressed.

thankfully handguns are outlawed in the uk. if they werent we would have a RIDICULOUS murder rate like the usa.
S0lid Snake
Fledgling Forumer

Jack wrote:So either you're just a pansy, or it's helluva worse in England then it is in America.

It's not that bad here in the UK, I feel safe at night.

London isn't the whole UK.

Again the media calls Manchester "Gunchester".

If London was so bad then surely they would call it "Gundon" or Knifdon". :lol: :lol: :lol:

Another PRS scenario brought to you by your local friendly dicta.. I mean Government officials... :^o [-X :smt075

PRS = Problem, Reaction, Solution.
Demeisen
Forum Intermediate

Jack wrote:You say we have a ridiculous murder rate, but you seem to be afraid to leave your house. I go prancing around late at late, to the wee hours of the morn.

the usa does have a ridiculous murder rate. especially firearm related murders. compare the us rate to that of canada.

im not afraid to leave my house but once on the streets im wary of attack. getting beaten and robbed isnt fun 8) . trouble is always waiting to happen. but still i am out at all hours regardless.

Jack wrote:So either you're just a pansy, or it's helluva worse in England then it is in America.

some places are worse than others. generally urban areas in the uk are experiencing a lot of violent crime. you live in a nice peaceful area? much to fear from the upper class bandits . . .

and england isnt worse than the usa in terms of crime. you have millions of stupid/unstable citizens with guns who shoot before thinking. the easy availability of guns in the usa is a joke. atleast over here you cant buy a pistol in your local shop. and we dont give out free guns with cars or to new customers at banks.

either way both countries are suffering from violent crime. i blame 50cent partially :-D

It's not that bad here in the UK, I feel safe at night

then you probably live in a nice area if you feel totally safe while out alone late at night? in london at night its always required to be wary, unless you are in a safe place or in a large group.

Again the media calls Manchester "Gunchester".

nottingham is apparently the gun capital of the uk. and there are more firearm related incidents in london. manchester will probably be experiencing violent crime along with the majority of the uks urban centres.

If London was so bad then surely they would call it "Gundon" or Knifdon".

they probably wouldnt. lol london already has an arsenal i think thats enough namewise :-D
semper
The sharp-tongued devil you can't seem to forget...
Race: God

hmmm..now now kids, lets stay on topic!

~Semper
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
Started Playing: April 2005
Honours (5): Hall of Fame 2009. Annual Awards Host 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Winner (12): RP'er of the Year 2008, Runner Up Poster of the Year 2008, Debater of the Year 2008, War of the Year 2008, Poster of the Year 2009, Alliance of the Year 2009 (Nemesis Sect, Creator), Alliance War of the Year 2009 (Nempire vs Mayhem, Instigator), RP'er Runner Up 2009, Knew You'd Be Back 2010, Conflict of the Decade (FUALL v TF), Conflict of the Decade Runner Up (Ga vs TF), Alliance of the Decade (TDD).
Nominated (8): Writer of the year 2007, Avatar of the Year 2007, Poster of the Year 2007, Villain of the Year 2008, Player Sig 2008, Race Player of the Year 2009, Most Missed 2010, Alliance Leadership 2010, Most Missed 2011.
Commands (3): Supreme System Lord 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012. System Lord Council 2006 - present. Dark Lord and Emperor of the Nempire 2009 - 2011.
Alliances (9): DDE, EA, OSL, TFUR, DDEII, AI, RM, WoB, Nemesis.
Forum Roles (4): Former Misc GM, Race Mod (Goa'uld), Debate forum patriarch and mod.

Return to “General intelligent discussion topics”