TimeZones and Start of wave.

buck
The Main Event
Race: Degenerate
ID: 16843

Honours and Awards

TimeZones and Start of wave.

Now i dont know if this sunject has been approached, Or weather it already happens, As i havent played the last 5 or 6 waves...But, It seems to me that everyone around GMT+6 or 7 Gets all the Offy ppt start of wave fun...

My suggestion is simply, at the start of each new wave, stagger the starting lineups, So next time, GMT-6 or 7, FOr aussis, then GMT + 0 For Europeans, Then Maybe GMT+12 for anyone who lives in the China...and...so on.....

Well you get my idea, but if this already happens, feel free to mock me.
Spoiler
2006 -
Poster of the Year
2007 -
Runner up signature of the Year
Runner up most improved player of the Year
Runner up hero of the Year
Alliance war of the year (CIA vs COP)
2008-
Hall of Fame
2009-
Runner up Hero of the Year
2010-
Vendetta of the Year (Buck vs Tekki)
Runner up Vendetta of the Year (Buck vs Darthudd)

Noteworthy alliances-
Omega
Mayhem
Radical Minority
Nemesis Sect
Warlords of Briton

Previous affiliations-
TL
Ricos
DDE
The Tok'ra
The OOC
The SLA

Missed and dear friends -
Too Many to count, but never forgotten.
Code:
"Now I Don't like you, I don't respect you, and I sure as hell don't fear you. But seeing how your standing in the middle of my yard, I will break you."
S1eepy
Forum Elite
Alliance: The Crazy Chickens
Race: Quantum
ID: 17110

Re: TimeZones and Start of wave.

the end times of the initial PPT are spread out across nearly 24hrs.
So there isn't any timezone which gets all the farms =)
Amar
Forum Expert
Alliance: The Pond
Race: Asuran
ID: 58

Wrong.

Im in gmt -5

I got a few farms from 9pm-2 am my time before i went to sleep. (like maybe 50) I woke up 5 hours later, and all ... AND I COUNTED THESE MYSELF.....1326 tabs I had of ppl waiting to come off ppt had come off and been farmed. More people came off in that time than had all the day before....

Honestly, kinda unfair to us, but im not really complaining... im happy with what I farmed for now.
Noobert wrote:You encounter a Wild FreeSpirit. You flee.
R D Anderson wrote:SS face should be deleted and thrown at this topic
Rn5ho
Forum Elite
Race: Shugo

since there are mostly americans, europeans and aussies, imo it should be something like this(i think in time zones, euro is somewhere in the middle, aussie is ahead and americans is behind?), morning for americans, midday for europeans and evening for aussies - something that wouldn't be in the middle of night for someone, like it was for most of europeans(midnight for me).

Agree or not, but this farm fest is like the most important thing in wave, ppl who do it well and get nice UP have nice chances to stay top for most of the era, low UPers need to work very hard to catch up.
torak
Fledgling Forumer

Well i first noticed people coming off at approx 10am my time, but that was only a few. The last ones were coming off at about 11pm. Thats like 13 hours. surely you were not asleep for all of that time and if you could work out how the system works you can pick the ones who were to come off at the next turn change and be able to hit them within seconds of them coming off.

There really isn't too much that admin can do without angering some people. for example a previous wave a few ago or maybe even the last one was during the middle of the night for me.

p.s im at GMT 9.30+
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

yes... staggering time zone ppting would be VERY useful...
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...
HippyFool
Forum Elder

I was farming from 7am until 11pm (with breaks in between). There were about 15 ppl left on ppt when i stopped farming so i presume it ended at 11.30 or 12. so that is 17 hours of farm fest. I dont see how admin could have done this any better or differently.

If anyone doesnt believe that it was 17 hours long...i was talking to s1eepy in the morning while farming, and danuboy at night.

admin can never make 100% of people happy when it comes to farm fest, but i believe how it is is as good as it can be.

MSN = paddy_pan@hotmail.com

Naq sold to date: 6168tril

Trade Feedback- http://herebegames.com/StarGateWarsNew/ ... 8&t=105680 :)
knight
The Lulz
ID: 0

HippyFool wrote:I was farming from 7am until 11pm (with breaks in between). There were about 15 ppl left on ppt when i stopped farming so i presume it ended at 11.30 or 12. so that is 17 hours of farm fest. I dont see how admin could have done this any better or differently.

If anyone doesnt believe that it was 17 hours long...i was talking to s1eepy in the morning while farming, and danuboy at night.

admin can never make 100% of people happy when it comes to farm fest, but i believe how it is is as good as it can be.

indeed

Amar
Forum Expert

It was staggered, I just think that the staggering was a bit miscalculated is all. like 12 am gametime starts at 3 am for me. for australians im guessing its about noon. for europeans its about 8 am.

it really doesnt matter, as those who did really well, were probably on the entire time anyways.
HippyFool
Forum Elder

I know someone who was on for like only a few hours (3 at most) and he farmed enough for 4k raw. so there was 17 hours worth of chances and only 3 hours needed...if you farmed every 30 mins... i cant see it being staggered any better.

MSN = paddy_pan@hotmail.com

Naq sold to date: 6168tril

Trade Feedback- http://herebegames.com/StarGateWarsNew/ ... 8&t=105680 :)
Amar
Forum Expert

Depending on which every 30 minutes you were farming
S1eepy
Forum Elite
Alliance: The Crazy Chickens
Race: Quantum
ID: 17110

lol, well it was spread over a large time.. but the PPT given is random, not set for 20people to come off every 30 mins for 17hrs..

and the 3 hours that were farmed for 4k raw.. were just before I went to bed.. around 11pm-2am GMT.
which was around the start of the farmfest. But as Hippy has learned.. theres a knack to it, that you learn after a couple of waves :)
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Reitha

Honours and Awards

two options that would make it all fairer, are:

1. 1% every turn (thats 50 hrs total)
  2. 2% every turn (thats 25 hours)

and if there is a good RNG mixed into that, it wont be possible for people to figure out who gets off ppt each turn... having option a. would give people much larger chance at getting some of the naq... option b. would make the wave start a bit quicker, but a few less would have so good a chance...

there would of course be a disadvantage with the 1-2 hour overlap, but setting those to be the timezone where the most have chance to be online, would make that quite fair...

(its rather obvious that some have figured out some of the pattern people have when coming off ppt, so changing the pattern might not be a bad idea anyways...)
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

mikgamer1

How about taking away start of wave PPT's all together?

Only giving PPT's to brand new accounts.

And stopping time after the end of the last wave and not starting it back up until the new wave is released.
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Reitha

Honours and Awards

oh yes... that would be nice to the people that are asleep whenever wave starts...

Return to “For Admin -Suggestions”