Bigfoot, Is it real? [OPEN]

Medicus Atrum
Forum Grunt
Alliance: Novus Orsa
Race: Goa'uld
ID: 0

Bigfoot, Is it real? [OPEN]

Issue: Existence of Large Unknown Creatures (Apes) in various parts of the world.

Debator(s):

Loner: Medicus Atrum. (Skeptic)

Type: Open Debate.

^~EDIT~^: Forgot to mention the good stuff above. ;)

I'll take the part of a Loner/Skeptic for this debate, and I can argue either side of the issue, It would be easier to debate as the Negative, Mainly because I'm actually a skeptic toawrd the issue, But I'm always up for a challenge. ;)

Now, This is preaty straight-forword, Do you believe in the existence of an unknown large-sized ape roaming in different parts of the world?

I, Myself, Have seen no evidence to disprove the possibility of a Sasquatch, nor have I seen any outstanding evidence to support a Bigfoot in our modern age of science.

Altough, I must admit, The stories of the Native People's of America and their dealings with Sasquatch are quite outstanding. (Especialy the stories involving Christopher Columbus.)

Now... Who would like to start? ;)
~Medicus Atrum__
~Nos Inducas Ex Caelo Et Libera Nos In Malo~
murkar
Forum Regular
Alliance: Ougatz
Race: System Lords

Re: Bigfoot, Is it real? [OPEN]

I will. I believe that there is a Sasquatch, but I believe it to be not some kind of horrid man eating monster that you talk about around campfires, but more like some kind of more evolved gorilla that may be near extinction.

CLICK TO SEE

This here is a video taken by a hunting camera in the middle of nowhere by one of Easton's most prominent hunters, who is on Easton's show on OLN (the outdoor life network) quite often.

My guess is that it's more like the chupacabra; not some kind of weird mythical creature but a species not yet discovered which has somehow managed to escape any proving, quality video evidence again and again. Which, to be honest, isn't too far fetched; animals have abilities that human's can't even Imagine. Deer, for instance, can hear an arrow fired from a crossbow coming and get out of the way in proper time if the shot is taken from too far away.

Here's the patterson video of bigfoot.

CLICK TO SEE

keep in mind that the patterson video was shot with a low quality camera over 30 years ago; to this day, nobody has been able to mimic the exact movements or shape of the creature portrayed in the video accurately so far. Also, nobody has been able to successfully debunk the validity of the clip.
Medicus Atrum
Forum Grunt
Alliance: Novus Orsa
Race: Goa'uld

I was actually watching the Easton Bow-Hunting show (I'm into Hunting) when they spotted the eledged "Sasquatch", And I actually saved that Episode on my TiVo, While you can imagine it's a Bigfoot, you can't be sure what it is or isn't, It's just too blurry, although you do see a distinct body shape and arm, it could easily be a hoax, although I doubt Easton BowHunting would have known about it, it might have been a prank, and also, the only reason the camera went off was because the branch of that tree was jostled, you can look at this from two stances; Either it was extreme luck the creature in that picture set off the hunting cam or that it was known that a picture would be taken only by such a move, and done in just a way not to show too much of the person in the photo so it would be impossible to to study the footage. I believe the later to be of more merit.

As for comparing it to the chupacabras, to due so would be a mark on the already-stained-name-of-"Bigfoot", seeing as zero positive evidence for such a creature has been found, infact, what so-called "Evidence" that had been found was disproved in short order. While what you say about Deer is true, the same could be said about any creature, but the fact that Sasquatch is supposed in the Ape family, One would be inclined to think that such a beast would carry traits that other Apes of it's type would also have, now, although it wasn't untill recently that the silver back gorilla was discovered, but there was much evidence leading toward the possibility of the once-unkown species. Compared to the evidence toward Bigfoot, which is too varied to create an accurate profile for the animal; Some say it's a small-weighted creature, whilst others say it's a 600 Lb. beastly animal. Some say it's five-toed, others say only it only has three.
These are a just a few instences of which the evidence varies beyond that of normal. Even for an unknown creature such as the Sasquatch.

Now, as for the Patterson footage, this has been debunked.
On an episode of "Is it real?", a show about un-explained phenomenon, such as UFOs, Gian Squid (Now found to be true.), or, in relation to the topic, Bigfoot.

Is it real? Bigfoot. [Link]

In the video it shows a man who claims to be the man in the suit, and it's not the fact that he was actually a friend of both men involved in the filming of the video, but he actually walks like the Bigfoot in the Patterson video! Now, that me seem trivial to some, but, combined with his story, and the fact he has no motive to say that he's in the video, (He claims he didn't get paid the $1,000 USD that Patterson claimed to pay him, thus why he came out with his story.) I believe his story is the best case against the Patterson Video, and possibly the final nail in Patterson's coffin.
~Medicus Atrum__
~Nos Inducas Ex Caelo Et Libera Nos In Malo~
murkar
Forum Regular

I wouldn't say that's a debunking of the film. A number of people have come forward and claimed to be the person in the suit, that's just another one of them; it even states in the video that there's no way of verifying that it's true.

Also there's something else. So far there are sightings, videos, etc. that we skeptics love to say aren't true, but the fact remains that even though they can attempt to disprove as much evidence as they like, they can't provide even a shred of hard evidence stating that bigfoot doesn't exist.
Tacet
Forum Regular
Alliance: T I T A N S
ID: 84055

Just a general comment about that thing called science:

One of the most important things about a hypothesis is that is must be falsifiable: it must be possible to show that it is not true.

Scenario: a little fairy steals paints dances on the chairs when a room is empty. The fairy is invisible, immortal, dissapears immediately when someone enters the room, and is generally undetectable. Do you believe in her? You can't proof that she doesn't exist. You can't proof that she does either.

Also, one of the common conditions of scientific proof is that it must be reprodusible. In other words, if you put a piece of wood in the fire, it burns and turns black after while. You can test this again, and again, and again...

Now for bigfoot: bigfoot is the kind of mythical creature that can't be shown not to exist, for the simple reason that there might be a tribe in a lost cave in the middle of a forbidding mountain series. Oh, you've searched there? Sorry pal, wrong mountain... ;-) You can't proof him non-existant.

Grainy video clips that might or might not be hoaxes, again, it is not proof. It is not reproducible, it is not clear enough to count as reliable evidence in any court of law (judge, it was him, see how he breaks into the store!). Re the historical evidence: Mr. Columbus also saw UFOs and was thought to be a magician by the locals (on account of predicting the solar ecclipse). Enough said.

Now for my own opinion. I don't believe there is any such thing as Bigfoot. The world is fairly well documented, travelled, inhabitated and explored by now (except for the ocean floor, which isn't very applicable). A thing as large as Bigfoot will have great trouble to avoid detection and eventual capture, especially as it is spread over a geographically large area (versions in Tibet, Australia, China, Canada, States,...).

Also, no fossil evidence has been found. If teeth and jawbones of the Gigantopithecus could be found, which has been extinct for at least 300k years, then why not of the Bigfoot?

Again, none of these are scientific proof, but science generally won't believe until positive proof is presented.
murkar
Forum Regular

What about the silverback gorilla? As mentioned earlier it was recently discovered. As well documented as we may think to world is, there are constantly new discoveries. And the giant squid. And a long list of many yet-to-be discovered species. I think it's quite plausible for it to exist. The world isn't as well documented as you might think. When people thought the sun revolved around the earth, they knew it to be correct until it was proven differently. The same applies today; we may think we know something, but it is quite possible for it to be completely different in actuality.
[KMA]Avenger
Forum Zombie
Location: Borehamwood Elstree, England, 2 mins from George Lucas Studios.

someones been watching mummy4...quite a few someones!

Infinite Love Is the Only Truth: Everything Else Is Illusion.

-David Icke

Return to “General intelligent discussion topics”