New Main Ascended Bonuses

Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

Re: New Main Ascended Bonuses

Sarevok wrote:increase the points given in ascended by like a factor 1,000,000, that would make it a little more worth wild, or something better then the crap all you can just save in like a week anyway

LOL when I and many other ascended, it was 33 to 1 LOL

And I don't mind some type of decent bonus for the "big ones" like 20 or 30, but they shouldnt drasticly effect game play. more officers and such would work.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
Demon Lord Razgriz
Forum Expert
Alliance: ~Horus Warlords~
Race: System Lord
ID: 0

What about my idea of a new trainable unit called worshippers?

When a player reaches LG, a new type of trainable unit becomes availible called Worshipers in Main. Worshipers has no effect on the player's Main account, instead it affect the player's Ascended account.

What it does is it increases the amount of *Ascended things* they have/get. For every 1mil worshipers, the amount of *Ascended things* is increased between 0.1% & 0.5%.

If you play ascended, you know what the *Ascended things* are.

Instead of LG, how about AEG? And everytime you ascend, the max number you can have of them is increased.

Razgriz<-Goa'uld
DEsTrOy!!<-Keizer Ghidorah
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom

Honours and Awards

Demon Lord Razgriz wrote:What about my idea of a new trainable unit called worshippers?

When a player reaches LG, a new type of trainable unit becomes availible called Worshipers in Main. Worshipers has no effect on the player's Main account, instead it affect the player's Ascended account.

What it does is it increases the amount of *Ascended things* they have/get. For every 1mil worshipers, the amount of *Ascended things* is increased between 0.1% & 0.5%.

If you play ascended, you know what the *Ascended things* are.

Instead of LG, how about AEG? And everytime you ascend, the max number you can have of them is increased.

A viable option.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Reason, youll get dead.
Kikaz
For the Lulz
Alliance: Jötunheim
Race: Lulz
ID: 3471
Alternate name(s): Misery

Leave as is..
Quotes
Meanwhile in MaYHeM
Duderanch wrote:And so it would come to pass, in December of 2012 the war between the ponies and the pandas broke out..it lasted 21 days, the result? Armagedon.
Noobert wrote:Kikaz scares me at times, and he's in my own alliance.
Dr. House wrote:I HAVE THE POWER! The power to warn, and I will **Filtered** use it too.
Kateaclysmic wrote: I thought you loved me, Kikaz. I'm getting an abortion.
Sarevok wrote:
Kikaz wrote:Ridiculous.
Congrats on the most constructive post ever...
Affirmation wrote: And Speaking of bad boys (the baddest)... Kikaz is right, Q is a family, and Affy is the love child of Kikaz and Kateaclysmic!! That is right... I am NOT AN ABORTION... but she never nursed me and Kikaz stopped being a terrible father figure to Affy years ago... Family - HA... Affy's old arse...[-X

Where is the love Kikaz??? WHERE IS THE LOVE (Dad... :smt047 ) ??? [-(
I creep though shadows
I rise up at night
I live just inside you
And give you a terrible fright
I walk through the darkness
I lurk under your bed
I live in your wardrobe
I creep up in the shed.
I tiptoe through the corridor
I follow you anywhere
I rip your braveness apart
And never ever care
I am fear so don't come near..
2007 Quantum Player of the Year Runner-up - 2011 Villian of the Year - 2012 Hall of Fame - 2012 Quantum Player of the Year Runner-up - Leader and Co-founder of the 2014 Alliance of the Year
Zuveelee
Fledgling Forumer

how do we know that when you reach 20 you dont get a bonouse? has forum told anyone you just get the 1% like normal?
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

Zuveelee wrote:how do we know that when you reach 20 you dont get a bonouse? has forum told anyone you just get the 1% like normal?

Yes there is no other bonuses.

That was quite obvious from my first post.
Image ImageImageImage
TheRook
Forum Addict
Alliance: Warlords of Briton
Race: Humanoid
ID: 30679

12agnar0k wrote:My vote would be to go opposite from Daimon.

To keep things balanced.

15-20 you get a % decrease of troop looses.

E.g

15 = 2%
16 = 3%
17 = 7%
18 = 14%
19 = 28%
20 = 50%

Basically the idea being a "whatever a 20 Ascended being is called" is very hard to kill, so they loose less troops, as apposed to the other end of the scale, a DAIMON, who is no longer in the recieve of Ascended Powers is much easier to kill and has 2x the number of unit losses.

Thoughts? Comments?

yes but it increases too much... imagine a daimon being massed by a 20 ascension account... they get 2x's losses while the 20 gets 50% less losses...

1% stat bonus for each ascension as it is...
1% troop loss decrease for each ascension 10-20 (max of 10 at lvl 20)

and the 4 UP per click at 20th ascension only... afterall they will have had to spend so much time and a huge amount of UU to get to 20 that they will be "skilled" at aquiring minions...

TheRook
My Account for Sale (cold hard cash) at the link below (Have a look its a great deal!)
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 1&t=174111

Main ID = 30679 | Ascended ID = 1467
Wolf359
The Big Bad Admin
Alliance: EPA
Race: Tauri

Honours and Awards

I don't like bonuses that make the powerful more powerful even more quickly - which I'm kind of thinking this might do.

Why should the already most powerful accounts be allowed to be even more powerful by having extra planets/bonuses?

So I say no to extra planet slots, no to increased UP, and no to increased stats above the extra 1%.

What everyone keeps forgetting is that ascension, and thus it's subsequent bonuses in main, is massively overpowered. When it was released, Jason stated that he did not envisage anyone ascending more than 5 or 6 times - EVER! - as it would be far too difficult. But, with other changes, things got easier, so since things are easier anyway, why make it even easier still for the already more powerful?

The only one I would go with is increased officer slots - increase by one from 16-20 ascensions. That way at least you have to do some work (in the form of recruiting) to benefit.
Severian wrote:So I say as a last resort, splice Semper & Wolf359 for a good balance, Clone said unholy abomination a hundred times, let loose on forums and problem solved.
Mod Speak
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom

Honours and Awards

Wolf359 wrote:I don't like bonuses that make the powerful more powerful even more quickly - which I'm kind of thinking this might do.

Why should the already most powerful accounts be allowed to be even more powerful by having extra planets/bonuses?

So I say no to extra planet slots, no to increased UP, and no to increased stats above the extra 1%.

What everyone keeps forgetting is that ascension, and thus it's subsequent bonuses in main, is massively overpowered. When it was released, Jason stated that he did not envisage anyone ascending more than 5 or 6 times - EVER! - as it would be far too difficult. But, with other changes, things got easier, so since things are easier anyway, why make it even easier still for the already more powerful?

The only one I would go with is increased officer slots - increase by one from 16-20 ascensions. That way at least you have to do some work (in the form of recruiting) to benefit.

Pretty much my point as well.
Reason, youll get dead.
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

Just thought i'd bump this now that there are a few more Origins.
Maybe they have some thoughts?
Image ImageImageImage
Tekki
Forum Addict

With ascension being the mess it is now, I really object to their being any increase in bonuses for more ascensions.

An Origin account already gets something like 50% bonus on stats? That's massive as it is.

IF there were to be increased bonuses then I'd say there has to be some way of removing stuff on current accounts. REASON - the extra ascensions were put in after many people got to their current state of ascension and built up. If they knew that further ascensions would have gained them more, especially if ascensions 15-20 gained them way way more (even a little bonus is WAY more), then they would not have built up.

Personally if I ascended atm, I'd probably do one of the biggest ascensions ever ingame - for what? A 1% bonus, the loss of approx 500-600trillion worth of stats and some paltry amount of life force in ascension.

Why did I build all that? Because when I built (at least some of the stuff) ascensions past where I am now were 1. To AG only, 2 give only 1% gain. Hence if you are changing the bonuses, you can't go back in time to change what I've done to my account based on the knowledge at the time, yet that's what is proposed for the accounts at 15plus ascensions. Change the bonuses they are getting AFTER they ascended. So unless the function is there to undo the past - for all accounts, this is really just power grabbing.

As it is though I reckon they get enough of a bonus already to not need new bonuses.
Spoiler
Initial masser on Field Marshal's 120t defence and on Rodwolf's 177t defence.

The forces of Rodwolf fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 178,947,245,996,720 damage on Tekki's forces!

The forces of Rodwolf fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 3 damage on Tekki's forces!
Jedi~Tank wrote:@ADMINS- ALL ADMINS, this is the absolute worst game forum I have ever seen (this sentiment is shared by many) It is amazing how ya;ll can go from good job to complete garbage in no time at all.

Jedi~Tank
A sentiment I can agree with, except some of them have never done a good job. For further details, PM me INGAME Id 9095.
---
Spoiler
Image Image
Image Image
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

I understand what you are saying Tekki, but this is more for trying to think of something to encourage people to ascend more. Not for those already 15+, but those that stopped at LG or AG to want to ascend again.
Image ImageImageImage
Tekki
Forum Addict

The point though is a lot of people built up at whichever ascension they were on, because they weighed up the benefits of further ascension and decided not to.

Now you want to change those benefits?

Thus the belief that unless you can say get 'naq back' on some of your account investments it's only going to interest those who haven't actually spent the time building up.
Spoiler
Initial masser on Field Marshal's 120t defence and on Rodwolf's 177t defence.

The forces of Rodwolf fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 178,947,245,996,720 damage on Tekki's forces!

The forces of Rodwolf fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 3 damage on Tekki's forces!
Jedi~Tank wrote:@ADMINS- ALL ADMINS, this is the absolute worst game forum I have ever seen (this sentiment is shared by many) It is amazing how ya;ll can go from good job to complete garbage in no time at all.

Jedi~Tank
A sentiment I can agree with, except some of them have never done a good job. For further details, PM me INGAME Id 9095.
---
Spoiler
Image Image
Image Image
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

Tekki wrote:The point though is a lot of people built up at whichever ascension they were on, because they weighed up the benefits of further ascension and decided not to.

Now you want to change those benefits?

Thus the belief that unless you can say get 'naq back' on some of your account investments it's only going to interest those who haven't actually spent the time building up.

But that's called change. You have to go with it. Wasn't that an issue with the MS updates and making Planets much easier to take, when some people had spent trils on planet defences? The update still got implemented and people ended up accepting the fact that it was here to stay.
Image ImageImageImage
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom

Honours and Awards

Well, in all honesty, with the way the game is going with massive planets that dont lose power, and the fact any stat but strike is a liability, its pushing the game in the direction of doing more ascentions. Doing all the ascentions and remaining statless while pouring $$ into the game to support your planets since your own account will remain a bare minimum will soon be the only way to compete.

I'd rather see more pressing flaws reworked then this one, but I'll be glad to see any movement at all.
Reason, youll get dead.

Return to “Suggestions Archive”