Forum Modding becoming OTT?

want to publicly say something about the current Forum Mods? The Mod setup? The Rules of the Forum? here you go...
Darkalbino_
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: Technocracy
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 1910219

Forum Modding becoming OTT?

Hi all, for those who dont know me, I'm Keato, or Darkalbino_ ingame. I'm sure I would have crossed paths with the majority. Moving on, I believe, that the Forum modding has become over the top of late. And I was just wondering if its me, or if the community is also noticing it.

Since when was it not allowed to post stats in war threads.... even my own stats? I always thought stats were aloud to be posted. xx,192,114,164 isn't aloud? The way that its going, we wont be able to call someone a noob, an idiot (Is that even aloud now?) or an imbecile. We will have to write I killed X amount of supers.. The fun appears draining from the forum and I'm just wondering the communities general opinion on it. Mods, if you lock this thread.. Well that only confirms my view further. This is by no means a complaint, just a query to other forum users if they are noticing the same things.
Psi Kiya Trist
The Timeless One
ID: 4266

Honours and Awards

Re: Forum Modding becoming OTT?

Darkalbino_ wrote:Hi all, for those who dont know me, I'm Keato, or Darkalbino_ ingame. I'm sure I would have crossed paths with the majority. Moving on, I believe, that the Forum modding has become over the top of late. And I was just wondering if its me, or if the community is also noticing it.

Since when was it not allowed to post stats in war threads.... even my own stats? The way that its going, we wont be able to call someone a noob, an idiot (Is that even aloud now?) or an imbecile. We will have to write I killed X amount of supers.. The fun appears draining from the forum and I'm just wondering the communities general opinion on it. Mods, if you lock this thread.. Well that only confirms my view further. This is by no means a complaint, just a query to other forum users if they are noticing the same things.

on the other hand, I think that the standards on the forum have become TOO relaxed, and this is returning to a balanced medium. yes there are some mods who are over the top, and i have my own complaints about them, but on the whole, i believe the modding trend is going to be for the better.

~_+Psi Kiya Trist+_~
buck wrote:well psi, upkeeping order in the universe does play its tricks on your mind...
Lord Neqa'el
Forum Intermediate
ID: 0
Alternate name(s): Source of Evil

Stat posting has always been a no-no....

](*,)
"Beside the Hillsborough Flame, I heard a Kopite mourning,
Why so many taken on that day,
Justice has never been done, but their memory will carry on,
There'll be Glory round the Fields of Anfield Road"

DaDigi
Forum Elder
Alliance: I hate all equally
Race: Tri-athalon
ID: 46811

e. Stat posting
The posting of other users current in game stats are not permitted on the SGW forums. You are however permitted to post your own.
DaDigi
Former Moderator for Market & Suggestions/Reports
weilandsmith
Forum Elder
Race: Asgard
ID: 1994771

Lord Neqa'el wrote:Stat posting has always been a no-no....

](*,)

you can post your own stats, but not from someone else.
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

Considering this is a Forum/Mod issue then this is moved to the relevant section.

This is not an ingame related thread.
Image ImageImageImage
teesdale
Forum Addict
Alliance: URURUR Alliance™
Race: EADC™
ID: 1992895
Alternate name(s): Teesdale, Teesfail, je peder, Tees, jake, one of Harchesters multis, GOD and Probably Reborn

petty insults like that are expected in a war thread... banter ;)
but yea, stat posting should be allowed... if u train spys u can see someones stats, not hard to find out someones stats, so wats the tif with posting em? IMO that is a silly rule.

moments of epic proportions:
Spoiler
[5:26:57 AM ] josh: 30% of 100 is 33.3333333333333
[5:27:11 AM] Jake/Tees: LOL
[5:27:23 AM] Jake/Tees: im going to pretend you didnt say that
[5:27:29 AM] Jake/Tees: actually no
[5:27:33 AM] Jake/Tees: im going to sig it
[5:27:49 AM] Jake/Tees: now think cafefully
[5:27:49 AM] josh: w8
[5:27:53 AM] josh: i meant 100
[5:28:04 AM] josh: sorted
[5:28:07 AM] josh: **Filtered** u :D
[5:28:09 AM] Jake/Tees: if 30% of 100
[5:28:11 AM] Jake/Tees: is 33.3333333
[5:28:13 AM] Jake/Tees: then tell me
[5:28:17 AM] Jake/Tees: whats 33%?
[5:28:19 AM] josh: yeah i knew what i ment in my head :D
[5:28:30 AM] Jake/Tees: did you?
[5:28:34 AM] josh: w8
[5:28:37 AM] Jake/Tees: whats 33% josh???
[5:28:43 AM] josh: now thats 33,3333
[5:28:46 AM] Jake/Tees: :D
[5:28:48 AM] Jake/Tees: idiot
[5:28:48 AM] josh: ok
[5:28:50 AM] josh: i give in
[5:29:01 AM] josh: **Filtered**

[9:42:59 PM] robert: look my race :P
[9:43:09 PM] robert: zombie will not come here
[9:43:51 PM] josh: ah no brains
[9:44:04 PM] josh: bit harsh on yourself rob

[11:56:17 PM] Duderanch: KOS [ TÅTS - KOS it IS]
[12:03:49 AM] Duderanch: Someone is scraping the bottom of the barrel
[12:03:59 AM] Duderanch: just cant decide if it's kos or taf

[4:13:09 AM] Cersei Lannister - (Juliette): It's sad to see how many people here (in NL) are starting to use Arabic words for **Filtered**.
[4:13:54 AM] HiMyNameIs Martin: So then getting stoned in the NL may take on another meaning (worry)
~Tziki~ wrote:my ass is busy :'(
You are as peaceful as a nox kitten. Disgraceful.
reborn wrote: You think u can see scripting from spying. Is the demi u have this?

Dr Mariaelena Punicelle (Tier 4)

Skill level: Out of this world

Ability:
Increased able to detect scripts --4.41%
Decreased intelligence if you think the top ability works --99.98%
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

Posting stats partially defeats the object of spies.

Yes you can train extra spies to try and see someone's stats, but you may not have enough spies to be able to do that.

Personally If someone asked me to remove their stats from someone's post then I will do it, because it's in their right to ask of that because it is their stats.
Image ImageImageImage
REK
Forever Evil
Alliance: THE DARK DOMINIUM EMPIRE
Race: GOD ALLMIGHTY
ID: 666
Alternate name(s): THEY'RE NO STRINGS ON ME

burn the forum users burn em all :sge

oh crap this isnt my Admin account :?
Darkalbino_
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: Technocracy
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 1910219

Yeah sorry clarkey but I dont recall asking you to remove my stats mate
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

Darkalbino_ wrote:Yeah sorry clarkey but I dont recall asking you to remove my stats mate

I removed all of it because I wasn't 100% sure which of the figures were the other persons stats, and seeing as you can't abide by the rule you can't complain.
Image ImageImageImage
MajorLeeHurts
Major Pain

Darkalbino_ wrote:Hi all, for those who dont know me, I'm Keato, or Darkalbino_ ingame. I'm sure I would have crossed paths with the majority. Moving on, I believe, that the Forum modding has become over the top of late. And I was just wondering if its me, or if the community is also noticing it.

Since when was it not allowed to post stats in war threads.... even my own stats? I always thought stats were aloud to be posted. xx,192,114,164 isn't aloud? The way that its going, we wont be able to call someone a noob, an idiot (Is that even aloud now?) or an imbecile. We will have to write I killed X amount of supers.. The fun appears draining from the forum and I'm just wondering the communities general opinion on it. Mods, if you lock this thread.. Well that only confirms my view further. This is by no means a complaint, just a query to other forum users if they are noticing the same things.

True , and every once in a while someone comes along and acts like a spoiled child and is rude and creates trouble which inevitably causes some strife and general disdain in the forum that can ruin it for some !
* cough cough*

oh and nice siggy btw

Im not positive but I think you stole it............ hey that looks like my siggy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kaboomer wrote: "Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for. "
semper
The sharp-tongued devil you can't seem to forget...
Race: God

meh it is fine lol. What you are saying IS right, but for the wrong reasons, Nimras has backed off like a good little girl, Jack is behaving himself most of the time, DaiDigi, Zeratul and spacey are continuously non existent as per usual, Wolf is here when he is here, but the poor guy is holding down a difficult job so I do not expect him to perform his job at all, the forum admins are starting to get things into shape at a level the community NEEDS AND deserves...and the chosen mods all seem to be doing their job 90% of the time. IF anything I would say the mod team needs to straiten up and get a little bit more on the ball without the needed command of the admins. It is still taking many hours, sometimes days for topics to be moved to the right section, IF at all and things that need locked or monitored are done so sloppy even still, with the mods general code of conduct being very poor and a general lack of common sense and wisdom is very easily noticed. (they still need a complete overhaul, I would actually call for most of them to be removed and it be re-done.)

All in all, if you want a list of improvements...and complaints that really need attending too...

I would say.
1. Clean up the global announcements.
2. Have a list of ALL the mods and their respective sections in the global annoucements, with a hello and greetings from the mods in their respective sections written by them.
3. Make sure rules that are needed to be pointed out in each section. (so stat posting in the GC, as far as I knew you were always allowed to post your own!) are pointed out BY the mods of THAT section.
4. remove all the current global mods and get a new bunch in. The current group are crap. (Mordack and Lois Lane to global mods ftw..)
5. Sort the other mod groups out and get them organised properly. (I am sure that is already on the list of the current administration though!)

those are the problems needing to be addressed, but I am trusting in the wisdom of the current administration to see to them in time, as they are pretty much no brainers....(how very un Dr Cox of me!)

As for the main topic at hand, as far as I knew you have never ever been allowed to post another persons stats to any degree. (other than the number of units they lost in both uu and naq) and you have always been allowed to post your own.
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
Started Playing: April 2005
Honours (5): Hall of Fame 2009. Annual Awards Host 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Winner (12): RP'er of the Year 2008, Runner Up Poster of the Year 2008, Debater of the Year 2008, War of the Year 2008, Poster of the Year 2009, Alliance of the Year 2009 (Nemesis Sect, Creator), Alliance War of the Year 2009 (Nempire vs Mayhem, Instigator), RP'er Runner Up 2009, Knew You'd Be Back 2010, Conflict of the Decade (FUALL v TF), Conflict of the Decade Runner Up (Ga vs TF), Alliance of the Decade (TDD).
Nominated (8): Writer of the year 2007, Avatar of the Year 2007, Poster of the Year 2007, Villain of the Year 2008, Player Sig 2008, Race Player of the Year 2009, Most Missed 2010, Alliance Leadership 2010, Most Missed 2011.
Commands (3): Supreme System Lord 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012. System Lord Council 2006 - present. Dark Lord and Emperor of the Nempire 2009 - 2011.
Alliances (9): DDE, EA, OSL, TFUR, DDEII, AI, RM, WoB, Nemesis.
Forum Roles (4): Former Misc GM, Race Mod (Goa'uld), Debate forum patriarch and mod.
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

semper... we exist... we just dont reveal ourselves the way we used to...
we also have somewhat less time these days, thus we dont appear that often...
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...
semper
The sharp-tongued devil you can't seem to forget...
Race: God

Zeratul wrote:semper... we exist... we just dont reveal ourselves the way we used to...
we also have somewhat less time these days, thus we dont appear that often...

well, lets be honest. That's no consolation now is it. :?
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
Started Playing: April 2005
Honours (5): Hall of Fame 2009. Annual Awards Host 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Winner (12): RP'er of the Year 2008, Runner Up Poster of the Year 2008, Debater of the Year 2008, War of the Year 2008, Poster of the Year 2009, Alliance of the Year 2009 (Nemesis Sect, Creator), Alliance War of the Year 2009 (Nempire vs Mayhem, Instigator), RP'er Runner Up 2009, Knew You'd Be Back 2010, Conflict of the Decade (FUALL v TF), Conflict of the Decade Runner Up (Ga vs TF), Alliance of the Decade (TDD).
Nominated (8): Writer of the year 2007, Avatar of the Year 2007, Poster of the Year 2007, Villain of the Year 2008, Player Sig 2008, Race Player of the Year 2009, Most Missed 2010, Alliance Leadership 2010, Most Missed 2011.
Commands (3): Supreme System Lord 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012. System Lord Council 2006 - present. Dark Lord and Emperor of the Nempire 2009 - 2011.
Alliances (9): DDE, EA, OSL, TFUR, DDEII, AI, RM, WoB, Nemesis.
Forum Roles (4): Former Misc GM, Race Mod (Goa'uld), Debate forum patriarch and mod.

Return to “Forum & Mod Feedback”