For the discussion of sports. Moo?
nomadicstruggler
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: Forgotten Serenity
Race: Corkonian
ID: 82950

Field Hockey

Anyone else play?
I took it up in uni 3 years ago and made Varsities last year and also played for the Munster Junior squad. Currently restarting my young career after a move to glasgow. :-D
Serenity Tactical Fighting Unit!
facepie
Forum Addict
Alliance: The Magnificents
Race: Magnificents
ID: 10526

Re: Field Hockey

yeah, i recently finished my first club season... coming 8th out of a possible 10th lol, wasnt the most successful of starts

but i played in U17 Pennant A division which is Division 2, and our team was the only team in the division which was the second team for our club (the club i play for is a big club, most teams only have a team in Divsion 1 OR 2, we have a team in both)

so we really didnt do that badly considering 8)

Played as winger, didnt score any goals lol, set a couple up though, i should have had a few, spewin i didnt >.<

Then i also have school hockey, where this year i played all my games at Full Back =P Full back is fun, we came runners up, lost 7 - 2 in the Grand Final, after half time though me and the other half back just said "Screw it, we'll have on guy go really high and one guy stay back deep"

... that happened around wen they were like 5 - 1 up though, lol

wat position you play??
.:VOID:. wrote:
facepie wrote:ahh the good ol days *day dreams*
you used to love killing clones of mine, yet theres no "oh hi soulless... how are you?" :x
~soul
Facepie - 10526
You can't Eat the Pie without the Face
nomadicstruggler
Fledgling Forumer

Been a full back for 2 years now. toyed with centre back a little last year though. New club this year so no idea where i'll play
facepie
Forum Addict

ooo good luck then!

you ever taken anyone out? :lol: in my school season, i slide tackled one guy in the D... well sort of, i dived at the ball and caused a pile up as it was gona be a 1 v 1 with our GK, gave away a penalty corner but meh, better then risking a goal, funny tho, i saw the umpire walkin to his spot and im like soul edit out myself cause i thought id get carded lol

then against this school twice (season and grand final) i took someone out in each of the games, second time i sorta dipped my shoulder and he flew over me as i had the ball

... can't tell me you haven't taken anyone out :P granted this is school hockey im talkin bout, and the quality of it is amazingly bad lol
you used to love killing clones of mine, yet theres no "oh hi soulless... how are you?" :x
~soul
Facepie - 10526
nomadicstruggler
Fledgling Forumer

Maybe once, I'm not quite big enough to take out the larger guys coming at me:) I'm not actually that good but I can be fairly damn akward if you try to play past me.
I slide tackled a guy at the edge of the D once when we were 3-2 in a game and he wouldve had a 1v1. Caught the ball and his stick and he fell over and lost his stick so i got away with it cos i made that i was falling over myself.
Cleared it off the line a few times cos I'm one of the people in the goal for shorts :shock: not a pleasant experience.
facepie
Forum Addict

:lol: ahh bein in goals with a freak drag flicker is never fun, thankfully i haven't had to do that yet =P and when i have been in there im usually the first runner, which is suppose to be suicidal but i find it safer then just standin on the posts :lol:
~soul
Facepie - 10526
nomadicstruggler
Fledgling Forumer

you are less likely to take it in the face anyway. Once I closed my eyes and the ball barely missed me from a drag. not impressed at all.

Should have a game this weekend. they told me that there is a chance of an away match 4 hours away. that should be fun. :shock:
facepie
Forum Addict

explains why i've been hit in the arm twice and the knee once in the one game then :lol: dam wow, 4 hours? thats ages, farthest i have to play is round an hour away... well i dont know depends on where i am at, one team plays 2 games every fortnight because they come down from woop woop :lol:
~soul
Facepie - 10526
nomadicstruggler
Fledgling Forumer

Haha I know a similar situation where a club comes down and plays 2 matches in a weekend.
Best playing them on a sunday as they tend to hit the pub about 5pm on a saturday night and leave it at 2am.
facepie
Forum Addict

2 matches during a weekend isnt too bad

2 matches during one night is hell =P especially when playing both games without a bench, and the first your Goal Keeper gets yellow carded
~soul
Facepie - 10526
nomadicstruggler
Fledgling Forumer

:P 3 matches at the opening day of the varsities last year after a ten hour bus journey the day before. they got the hotel to wake us at 5.45am for breakfast. 2 of the three games were against the eventual finalists. I was the backup to the defenders backup. 4 mins into the first game the right back twisted his knee, his tournament over, 10 minutes later the replacement for him hurt himself and i ended up playing 95% of the rest of the tournament. absolute nightmare situation for me and my coach :? he didnt give me more than five minutes per game for the rest of the season
facepie
Forum Addict

backup to defender's backup? :? u mean bench yea?? or ??
~soul
Facepie - 10526
nomadicstruggler
Fledgling Forumer

Lol yeah, i was a very spare benchwarmer. If they hadnt gotten injured i've spent 90% of the weekend on the bench instead of the pitch
facepie
Forum Addict

rofl, ouch, should have packed up and give ur services to another team then!
~soul
Facepie - 10526
nomadicstruggler
Fledgling Forumer

Nah, I went up as backup anyway. With a decent club here now.

Return to “Sports Section”