Banning of Brdavs

Ombudsman Case Archives
SVaRuN
Forum Elder
Alliance: The Legion
Race: Roman

Banning of Brdavs

Was just informed also informed about reasons...

I would like to see him unbanned 2 days should be plenty of time for ombudsman to look into it and for unbanning to ocure

Its what we call in law technicality...now if something is masking and we have somewhere written whats masking the judge or moderator in this case still checks the specific issue in what way the masking was done and so on.
Meaning masking is if I say to someone offensive words not if i use a curse word in a sentence even if technically speaking that would be masing the intention plays the main role here.
Second thing even though brdavs was allready banned, again the reasons were more or less similar and if anything in specific case warning would be the most what should be issued

Anyway I expect to see Brdavs unbanned and Ombudsman doing his job.
Do me proud

Blue
Quae caret ora cruore nostro?
pianomutt20000
Forum Zombie
Race: Tauri
ID: 0

Re: Banning of Brdavs

SVaRuN wrote:Was just informed also informed about reasons...

I would like to see him unbanned 2 days should be plenty of time for ombudsman to look into it and for unbanning to ocure

Its what we call in law technicality...now if something is masking and we have somewhere written whats masking the judge or moderator in this case still checks the specific issue in what way the masking was done and so on.
Meaning masking is if I say to someone offensive words not if i use a curse word in a sentence even if technically speaking that would be masing the intention plays the main role here.
Second thing even though brdavs was allready banned, again the reasons were more or less similar and if anything in specific case warning would be the most what should be issued

Anyway I expect to see Brdavs unbanned and Ombudsman doing his job.
Do me proud

Blue

Blue,

I have the upmost respect for both you and Brdavs, but I have to judge in a non-bias matter.

I personally looked up his last warning.

The following warning was issued to this user
» This is a warning regarding the following post made by you: viewtopic.php?f=68&p=1578214#p1578214 .

Oh that`s pritty much a given. Cos if this whole situation is not proof that kharma is *indeed* a biach, then I dont know what would be.

Now, biach is masking for another curse word. I know that where I am in the world there is no doubt. Therefore, I can not see a way to remove, nor unban Brdavs.

Personally, I do not agree with the server war rules regarding bans for a long time. BUT, it is not my job nor place to set rules or enforce them. I am just the appeals part of the administration.

If the rule changes, I will recommend that he be unbanned. But until such time, his appeal is denied.

Bill
urban assault wrote: Bill? Hey, I said I was kidding! Bill, don't push that red button!
Sometimes some of the mods will try to step on you, or even mod your section. My advice is to fill a sock with marbles and hit them repeatedly until they stop. - Pianomutt2000.
Manetheren
Forum Elite
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
Race: Ancient

So if I say crap,arse,fudge,crapola,frack,poop, or female dog, is that masking?
SVaRuN
Forum Elder
Race: Roman

Thank you for the time as effort...

I do not encourage people in my alliance banding the rules, however I do seperate the malicious intention towards which the masking rule was implemented from the simple effect on a sentence or something similar...

Even though I always use expressions like backside and similar I wouldnt see a problem of me using the A word and similar if the intention is pure.
The rules were set for a reason and only if that reason is violated the rule comes into place Jack, or whoever cannot expand the rule itself...

That said it sadeness me thats the decision you guys took, but we shall respect it.

However it is in sign of protest that the entire TL shall stop posting in the war thread for the duration of war or untill the view on certain things change.

Blue
Quae caret ora cruore nostro?
semper
The sharp-tongued devil you can't seem to forget...
Race: God

The rule was not created purely for the malicious intent you claim though. It was also created in an attempt to keep the forums as respectable as possible by removing the use of bad language, which has no place in sophisticated or civilised conversation at all.

Fair play to the TL otherwise though, you disagree so you make the mods work easier. Fair enough.
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
Started Playing: April 2005
Honours (5): Hall of Fame 2009. Annual Awards Host 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Winner (12): RP'er of the Year 2008, Runner Up Poster of the Year 2008, Debater of the Year 2008, War of the Year 2008, Poster of the Year 2009, Alliance of the Year 2009 (Nemesis Sect, Creator), Alliance War of the Year 2009 (Nempire vs Mayhem, Instigator), RP'er Runner Up 2009, Knew You'd Be Back 2010, Conflict of the Decade (FUALL v TF), Conflict of the Decade Runner Up (Ga vs TF), Alliance of the Decade (TDD).
Nominated (8): Writer of the year 2007, Avatar of the Year 2007, Poster of the Year 2007, Villain of the Year 2008, Player Sig 2008, Race Player of the Year 2009, Most Missed 2010, Alliance Leadership 2010, Most Missed 2011.
Commands (3): Supreme System Lord 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012. System Lord Council 2006 - present. Dark Lord and Emperor of the Nempire 2009 - 2011.
Alliances (9): DDE, EA, OSL, TFUR, DDEII, AI, RM, WoB, Nemesis.
Forum Roles (4): Former Misc GM, Race Mod (Goa'uld), Debate forum patriarch and mod.
pianomutt20000
Forum Zombie

SVaRuN wrote:Thank you for the time as effort...

I do not encourage people in my alliance banding the rules, however I do seperate the malicious intention towards which the masking rule was implemented from the simple effect on a sentence or something similar...

Even though I always use expressions like backside and similar I wouldnt see a problem of me using the A word and similar if the intention is pure.
The rules were set for a reason and only if that reason is violated the rule comes into place Jack, or whoever cannot expand the rule itself...

That said it sadeness me thats the decision you guys took, but we shall respect it.

However it is in sign of protest that the entire TL shall stop posting in the war thread for the duration of war or untill the view on certain things change.

Blue

Like I said Blue, I personally disagree with the server thread rules. But they are not mine to influence.

Bill
urban assault wrote: Bill? Hey, I said I was kidding! Bill, don't push that red button!
Sometimes some of the mods will try to step on you, or even mod your section. My advice is to fill a sock with marbles and hit them repeatedly until they stop. - Pianomutt2000.
ThakalluS
Forum Intermediate
Race: System Lord / ORI

svarun and you wanted to become a mod? :P
i'd rather delete my account than to become a mod in here...
i honestly I think mods are biased + the rules are too silly and this is what draws me to dislike most of the mods that are on these forums + recruiting new noobish mods who haven't been around for long, but that's your choice, i couldn't care less.

remember you are here to improve the community.

If I aint mistaken, then oyu need 3warnings to be banned, so I woudl like to see the reasons for the first 2 warnings and why they were dealt to him, and honestly I did not find his latest post to be so insulting, but whatever.

Green

"We have made a desert and called it peace"
- Scipio Africanus
FreeSpirit
Writer of the Gamestory
Alliance: Forgotten Prospects Leader
Race: Tollan/ Jedi
ID: 1947914
Alternate name(s): Wes

The rules for the war topic can be found here: https://talk.gatewa.rs/viewtopic.php?f=101&t=124143

I do not say I agree with them but this is what was decided by the admin staff.
2008 award
Quotes & Stats
Noobert wrote:You encounter a Wild FreeSpirit. You flee.
Drahazar wrote:woop freespirit getting things done, forceful yet kind, the perfect lover ...
GoAG of the Tolah - TOE - TUS - TUN - TUK
pianomutt20000
Forum Zombie

I find it amusing that I'm biased according to both sides.

1. I am biased FOR FUALL, because of my time in Alpha and my co in DDE.
2. I am biased against FUALL because I left and joined their enemies.

Whomever disagrees with me accuses me.

Yet, if I find in their favor...I am suddenly doing a great job. Hence, the little used ombudsman feedback thread...Where you can tell me
exactly how you feel I am doing my job :D

Bill
Solus
WAR POPE

Honours and Awards

Jack wrote:
ThakalluS wrote:i honestly I think mods are biased

The mods are biased, and yet the the only time you have a complaint about mod actions is when it affects you or someone in your alliance?

Setting aside the obvious hypocrisy here, I challenge you to prove your claim that I am biased.

i wonder if he means 'all' mods. in which case how does he know? ive had nothing to do with him yet if what i think is true he calls me biased despite the fact that im not in the server war.

bill, you're doing a good job. that comes from a neutral party.
Slim87R wrote:I think your Solus is showing.
Spoiler
Juliette wrote:Glory to the Solus.
Psyko wrote:You sick and twisted little Sol, you. :smt047 :smt049
Malx wrote:
Noobert wrote:I love when Solus posts. It brightens my day because of how awesome he is.
+1
Eärendil wrote:
SuperSaiyan wrote:
Eärendil wrote:Making fun of SS in his face
Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:Punching SS in his face
its ok, you both love me more then existence itself anyway
No, No I don't.
I love Solus.
And I even love Canadian Bacon more than you.
Radiance wrote:Oh my marriage-consummating deity.. that was awesome. :shock:
(F)(¯`• (F)¸·´¯)«§müg»™(¯`·¸(F) •´¯)(F) says (5:38 PM):
*who is solus?
Chris/Deviathan[EVE Online] says (5:38 PM):
*solus is god
*and he touches us all with his noodly appendage
[BoT] Eärendil :: Matt says (5:38 PM):
*solus is... better than raptor jesus
SuperSaiyan - Pirate says (10:25 PM):
*solus is out for blood Image
semper
The sharp-tongued devil you can't seem to forget...
Race: God

I know..and I generally hate everybody equally....

So I doubt it is biased...
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
Started Playing: April 2005
Honours (5): Hall of Fame 2009. Annual Awards Host 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Winner (12): RP'er of the Year 2008, Runner Up Poster of the Year 2008, Debater of the Year 2008, War of the Year 2008, Poster of the Year 2009, Alliance of the Year 2009 (Nemesis Sect, Creator), Alliance War of the Year 2009 (Nempire vs Mayhem, Instigator), RP'er Runner Up 2009, Knew You'd Be Back 2010, Conflict of the Decade (FUALL v TF), Conflict of the Decade Runner Up (Ga vs TF), Alliance of the Decade (TDD).
Nominated (8): Writer of the year 2007, Avatar of the Year 2007, Poster of the Year 2007, Villain of the Year 2008, Player Sig 2008, Race Player of the Year 2009, Most Missed 2010, Alliance Leadership 2010, Most Missed 2011.
Commands (3): Supreme System Lord 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012. System Lord Council 2006 - present. Dark Lord and Emperor of the Nempire 2009 - 2011.
Alliances (9): DDE, EA, OSL, TFUR, DDEII, AI, RM, WoB, Nemesis.
Forum Roles (4): Former Misc GM, Race Mod (Goa'uld), Debate forum patriarch and mod.
buck
The Main Event
Race: Degenerate
ID: 16843

Honours and Awards

Im biased, biased towards the forum, and its smooth running.

Svarun and TL, im sorry you are refuseing to post, but if you cannot bring yourselfs to post respectfully, and have to elect not to post at all, then its a very sad state of affairs. The rules where implemented for a reason, that reason is stated in the original server war posting rules thread, Made for reasons stated in that thread.

As for the biasedness, The rules for the server war posting where supported and enacted by the following 3 people.

Robe, Lore, And buck.

You will take great care to note that Robe is in TL. Lore is in DDE. And i am on neither side, And have faught both sides on many occasions. Thus the balance in the rule makeing was even, and the decision was backed by all 3 of us. You cannot claim a mod is biased because he followed the rules set down by the 3 admins for him to mod by. So you should actually acuse the admins of being biased, but of course, what with there being 3 of us, and all being on seperate gangs ingame, that is simply not true on both paper and fact. If you have something that says we three are biased towards a particular direction, show it now, or stop saying it. Because i dont like my mods, or me, being insulted by such ludacris and obscene comments.
Spoiler
2006 -
Poster of the Year
2007 -
Runner up signature of the Year
Runner up most improved player of the Year
Runner up hero of the Year
Alliance war of the year (CIA vs COP)
2008-
Hall of Fame
2009-
Runner up Hero of the Year
2010-
Vendetta of the Year (Buck vs Tekki)
Runner up Vendetta of the Year (Buck vs Darthudd)

Noteworthy alliances-
Omega
Mayhem
Radical Minority
Nemesis Sect
Warlords of Briton

Previous affiliations-
TL
Ricos
DDE
The Tok'ra
The OOC
The SLA

Missed and dear friends -
Too Many to count, but never forgotten.
Code:
"Now I Don't like you, I don't respect you, and I sure as hell don't fear you. But seeing how your standing in the middle of my yard, I will break you."
Noobert
Sedin Triplet
Alliance: Mayhem
Race: A Canuck
ID: 57572

I just thought I would post that I am biased in the Market Section. I delete threads faster for FUALL then I do for TTF because FUALL players ask me to on MSN.

I'm all for unbanning Brdavs, as it was a silly way to get banned, but rules are rules. I'd expect the same treatment for anyone on either side of this conflict. Post, or not post..it's not really going to make that huge of a difference for anyone who stops posting as there are plenty of others who will post in their absence.
pianomutt20000
Forum Zombie

I think that I have left this unlocked long enough. If anyone feels differently, pm me.

Bill

Return to “Case Archives”