poor quality modding

want to publicly say something about the current Forum Mods? The Mod setup? The Rules of the Forum? here you go...
ogre9805
Forum Regular

poor quality modding

i`m afraid i have to post a thread here after numerous pm`s with 2 mods in perticular asking to see a list of the banned/filtered words i have pm`d admin too with YET NO REPLY this is poor quality modding seeing as the word **Filtered** is still very much used to insult yet lots of other certain words that describe the same thing are banned .

consistancy is the name of the game when modding and as of my time spent on these forums the mod team is at best VERY POOR in its consistancy of modding the filtered words used by a lot of ppl

if your going to allow things like "**Filtered**" then any other deriative of that insult should also be allowed instead u warn and often ban for over usage

please respond to this as mod team or admin and claify the situation

id : 14000
msn stg.ogre@hotmail.co.uk.

I am the punishment of god , if you had not committed great sins , the gods would not of sent a punishment like me upon you
buck
The Main Event
Race: Degenerate
ID: 16843

Honours and Awards

Re: poor quality modding

ogre9805 wrote:i`m afraid i have to post a thread here after numerous pm`s with 2 mods in perticular asking to see a list of the banned/filtered words i have pm`d admin too with YET NO REPLY this is poor quality modding seeing as the word **Filtered** is still very much used to insult yet lots of other certain words that describe the same thing are banned .

consistancy is the name of the game when modding and as of my time spent on these forums the mod team is at best VERY POOR in its consistancy of modding the filtered words used by a lot of ppl

if your going to allow things like "**Filtered**" then any other deriative of that insult should also be allowed instead u warn and often ban for over usage

please respond to this as mod team or admin and claify the situation

You have not pmed me, if you have pmed Forum, Then you probally wont get a reply, as he doesnt deal with these issues, We do.

If you find a word you find to be offensive, then you should come to us first, Not admin.

Anyway, I think some of the words filtered may have been lost in the transition this week, (forum was upgraded to the newest version) As i feel said word was in the filter, if it wasnt, It was simply an oversight, or there was a damn good reason for it not being there, which i dont know about. Either way i'l look into the situation a little further.

Regards,

Buck.
Spoiler
2006 -
Poster of the Year
2007 -
Runner up signature of the Year
Runner up most improved player of the Year
Runner up hero of the Year
Alliance war of the year (CIA vs COP)
2008-
Hall of Fame
2009-
Runner up Hero of the Year
2010-
Vendetta of the Year (Buck vs Tekki)
Runner up Vendetta of the Year (Buck vs Darthudd)

Noteworthy alliances-
Omega
Mayhem
Radical Minority
Nemesis Sect
Warlords of Briton

Previous affiliations-
TL
Ricos
DDE
The Tok'ra
The OOC
The SLA

Missed and dear friends -
Too Many to count, but never forgotten.
Code:
"Now I Don't like you, I don't respect you, and I sure as hell don't fear you. But seeing how your standing in the middle of my yard, I will break you."
Clarkey
Multi Hunter
ID: 0

Honours and Awards

I agree that **Filtered** should be on the filtered list, it is used way too much in attempts to offend and bully people. However, that said, if you think it should be on the filtered list then PM Lore, Robe or Buck, no-one else. It's simple, there's no need for creating threads like this.

Second of all, i'm not sure if I agree with Staff giving out the filtered list. This could easily give people the opportunity to look through the filtered list and come up with a word of the same meaning but is not on the filtered list.... therefore causing more problems.

Man people like to whine so much on these forums.
Image ImageImageImage
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

Clarkey wrote:Man people like to whine so much on these forums.

So true, so true. The funny part is have 1 person from an alliance whinning about a word not being on the list and another from the same alliance whinning because we talked about adding it.

And for the record, ANYONE who want to get a word added to the filter, simply tell Bill the QMGWTHMAN and I'll guarantee you it will be discussed and the results will be returned to you. He is the voice of the people but yet the people refuse to use him. I don't get it myself, but whatever.

And Ogre, I'd love to see it on the list and have tried more then once in my career here to get it added. Seems I'm a "prude" tho.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
Jack
Evil Reincarnated
Alliance: The Empire
Race: Dragonborn
ID: 6475

Lore wrote:Seems I'm a "prude" tho.

Yes, but you are forgiven.
Ya'll acting like you know what monster is
Me have 25 years in the monster biz
All monsters think you can fuss with this
Well you can talk to me Snuffleupagus
Me sneak into your house, me leave before dawn
Your daughters will be pregnant and your cookies will be gone
Malx wrote:Make kids not cancer!
RepliMagni
Forum Addict
Alliance: Loner :P
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 1908448

There are so many words that can be construed in some way as being offensive....I bet you I could get people to start using a random word as an offensive term.....

You're a milk

or

You're a finger

or

You're a chocolate

(Wow, got an offensive and racist one right there)

(Yes, my inspiration was the box of milk chocolate fingers I'm eating from)

Its all about the context the term is used in, which is why blanket filter bans just don't work all the time. Good, and sensible, modding is what works best. :-D
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

RepliMagni wrote:There are so many words that can be construed in some way as being offensive....I bet you I could get people to start using a random word as an offensive term.....

You're a milk

or

You're a finger

or

You're a chocolate

(Wow, got an offensive and racist one right there)

(Yes, my inspiration was the box of milk chocolate fingers I'm eating from)

Its all about the context the term is used in, which is why blanket filter bans just don't work all the time. Good, and sensible, modding is what works best. :-D

Milk chocolate fingers? never heard of those 8)

And I fully agree that good sensable modding is whats needed, but if there is no "clear" rule then forum users go crazy. I have even had people saying you SHOULD mod that, and when its modded they complain it broke no rules?

Bahh, everyones got to complain about something I guess. Cant please everyone.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
Jack
Evil Reincarnated
Alliance: The Empire
Race: Dragonborn
ID: 6475

Of course, Lore. Most if not all those complaining, merely want to see their ingame rivals banned, they really don't care about the rules, as long as it doesn't affect them.
Ya'll acting like you know what monster is
Me have 25 years in the monster biz
All monsters think you can fuss with this
Well you can talk to me Snuffleupagus
Me sneak into your house, me leave before dawn
Your daughters will be pregnant and your cookies will be gone
Malx wrote:Make kids not cancer!
Mr Nice Guy
Forum Expert

we should have the list of banned words so we know wich we cant use dont u think ? Where a live callin u son of a dog in a sentence can and couldnt be offensive and some others aswell. In english with translation it becomes very offensive the popular way we speak. Wouldnt hurt much. Also if Mods are doing their job then most of insulting words would get into the list and so the complete sentences as the ones used as example up there. And sending messages to Mods not ever work, example i sent one to all mods, super mods and even the ombus dude. Just a few answered and btw still nothing sorted at all. And u spect him to just pm some of the mods huu... :lol: btw jack this aint spamm or insulting so no warning on me for this... i know u enjoy them but im behaiving thanks to u :lol:
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

a list wont appear simply because it will get abused...
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

I am a poor quality mod.
Mr Nice Guy
Forum Expert

Include abuse of the list as a punished act. How do u expect us to know all words we cant say if we dont have a list. I get into lot of convos with many sgw players and some words are used a lot but filtered in here. It is really not that easy to know what i can use or not into forums :-D
DaDigi
Forum Elder
Alliance: I hate all equally
Race: Tri-athalon
ID: 46811

Prince_of_Darkness wrote:Include abuse of the list as a punished act. How do u expect us to know all words we cant say if we dont have a list. I get into lot of convos with many sgw players and some words are used a lot but filtered in here. It is really not that easy to know what i can use or not into forums :-D

If you think it's a vulgar word, then don't use it. Plain as day. When in doubt, don't push your luck.
DaDigi
Former Moderator for Market & Suggestions/Reports
Mr Nice Guy
Forum Expert

like if i needed to push it... i just need to push and wait jack to warn me... happened twice and im sure will happen any time soon... still some words i dont know the real meaning, example just a few days ago i found out that noob is an insulting term, still when i asked around a year ago the exaplainin i got was different to the real meaning. And the one who explained didnt have a bad intention, just didnt know the meaning aswell... so its not really that easy. Also i think that if we have a list of not accepted words it should be public so people can request others to be added or to be taken out cause of mistakenly added. wouldnt hurt much im sure to let us learn about that secret section of u :-D
Clarkey
Multi Hunter
ID: 0

Honours and Awards

Prince_of_Darkness wrote:still some words i dont know the real meaning, example just a few days ago i found out that noob is an insulting term, still when i asked around a year ago the exaplainin i got was different to the real meaning.

Calling anyone anything can be insulting, just depends on who it is your are calling it. You just need to know your audience. And on a forum like this there is a big audience.
Image ImageImageImage

Return to “Forum & Mod Feedback”