For the duration of the server war??

want to publicly say something about the current Forum Mods? The Mod setup? The Rules of the Forum? here you go...
Nox
Forum Expert
Alliance: TA
Race: Nox
ID: 5469

For the duration of the server war??

ok, what is this, now jack can do whatever he wants in this forum??

i just checked the announcements thread about banned users, 3 users have been banned "till the duration of the server war", one of them, i know for sure was without any type of warning :P

and banning/suspending ppl without reason is ok now, i havent seen any type of reason in that list, in jack's bans :? :? :?

i always thought it was wrong giving jack any kind of power in this forum, but this is way too much, do the forum admins agree with this??? or he just does what he wants ???
deni
The Initiate
Alliance: THE DARK DOMINIUM
Race: Goddess
ID: 75493

Honours and Awards

Re: For the duration of the server war??

There are special rules in place for the 4 server war threads. The rules can be found here. According to them, 2 warnings given for posts in any of the 4 threads constitute a ban until the end of the server war.

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to
GeneralChaos
Forum Addict
Alliance: Omega
ID: 59627

Was there not an entire thread about Jack when he was made a Mod full stop, nothing happened then, nothing will happen now, i doubt Jack got as far as he has by breaking rules everywhere, everything he does is monitored, and he knows the admins can undo anything he does, so there must be justification for it.
Deep within Noob Cave, you find a strange pool filled with a glowing blue liquid. You think back to what your mother told you about unfamiliar liquids found in caves.

You're pretty sure she said "Drink it! What's the worst that can happen?"
DaDigi
Forum Elder
Alliance: I hate all equally
Race: Tri-athalon
ID: 46811

viewtopic.php?f=101&t=124143

Due to the Inability Of certain People to behave like Civilised Human Beings (nevermind Adults, Id take CHildren these days) There will be a complete Lock down of all Threads Disscussing TJP and FUALL war, And all involved with that, With the Exception Of The Current war thread and This thread, which will be devoted to the clean, Respectful, Disscussion of the war and its effects on the social and economic problems it causes, And of course, the 2 Surrender threads respective of the 2 alliances, Which will be kept entirely Spam free.

The "Special" Rules Regarding The Posting of Threads Involveing said subject are as follows :

-Anyone Createing a new Thread will be Verbally warned once (within the first 3 days of the implementation of this thread) After 3 days, Word should have spread (the forum staff recommends you direct your comrades in arms to this thread) , And as such, Anyone posting a new thread on the subject thereafter will be banned until the end of the war. If you cannot follow this straightforward rule, you forfeit your right to openly disscuss the subject in question.

-Anyone Acting Offensive, Spamming, Or Makeing Comment which are Disrespectful of a personal Nature, will be warned Once That is, 1 Time (A note will be made on the personal record of that person) if, said person acts in an innapropriate mannor again,The Comment will be Deleted, and they will be banned until the end of the war.
DaDigi
Former Moderator for Market & Suggestions/Reports
Nox
Forum Expert

Nox wrote:ok, what is this, now jack can do whatever he wants in this forum??

i just checked the announcements thread about banned users, 3 users have been banned "till the duration of the server war", one of them, i know for sure was without any type of warning :P

no warnings!! thats my point, and just tjp players :? :?

and in that thread they say

and lol, if gc if you think jack cares about forum admins
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

:lol: Children, children.. listen to DaDigi en Deni.
Mordack
The Spider
ID: 8500

Honours and Awards

If you're angry, then it isn't Jack you should be angry at. Those rules came from the forum admin, and ALL general/global moderators were told to follow them with regard to the server war. Jack was doing what he was told to do by the forum admins, and what any other general or global moderator, including me, would have done in his place. He is being childishly vilified here.
"I bet you thought you'd seen the last of me.."

(TB)
Nox
Forum Expert

-Anyone Acting Offensive, Spamming, Or Makeing Comment which are Disrespectful of a personal Nature, will be warned Once That is, 1 Time (A note will be made on the personal record of that person) if, said person acts in an innapropriate mannor again,The Comment will be Deleted, and they will be banned until the end of the war.

loll,i dont follow the thread that much, but i bet if i just read a few pages i'll find tons of ppl acting offensive, its a war thread :P :P

spamming?? lol, its a forum and a war thread, thats normal :P

making disrespectful comments ?? lol, its fuall vs tjp, what do u expect??

manetheren got suspended cause of this post:

viewtopic.php?f=68&t=118932&start=7890

all he said was:

manetheren wrote:Im fracking confused.

no warning, just ban

a couple of posts later, draleg says exactly the same thing:

draleg wrote:I'm so fracking folowing your staitment.

but since manetheren is tjp, and he comment jack's post, he was banned?? without warning?? hes a player that has been in this forum/game for 3 years without any type of warning b4, till jack
deni
The Initiate

Honours and Awards

Nox wrote:
Nox wrote:ok, what is this, now jack can do whatever he wants in this forum??

no warnings!! thats my point, and just tjp players :? :?

and in that thread they say

and lol, if gc if you think jack cares about forum admins

Maybe only TJP players were warned because they were the only ones discussing mod decisions in the war thread, even AFTER they were asked by Jack to take the discussion in the appropriate forum several times. Discussion of mod decisions does NOT belong in the war thread (is ergo spam) and disobeying a mod is a warnable offense too. Not to mention that Manetheren masked a word that is on the filter... that's 3 warnable offenses in a single post.

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Nox
Forum Expert

lol, tnx for the warning mordack :P

but you still, or any mod/forum admin explained to me, how can someone be banned without a warning ??

and listed in the ban list without a reason

and deni, 3 warnings in 1 post takes the whole meaning of warning lol :P

the warning is set for ppl to know what they did wrong, and dont do it again

like, i just got a warning cause i posted about a mod in the war thread (despite the fact that tons of that mod posts there, are not war related but talking about mod issues, so ppl tend to respond in the place they see the posts :? its just logic ) :P

so now, cause of that warning, i now am posting here

and again, mordack those rules for the war thread were done long ago ok, no prob, still doesnt make them right, ppl can follow the rules, but still i dont get why make special rules cause of a particular war
Nox
Forum Expert

Jack wrote:If Blahh and Manetheren would like to discuss their bans and the reasons for them, they are more then welcome to message me via MSN. But I will not discuss them with you, not until they do so first at least. I will let them decide if they want to discuss their warnings openly.

well, they cant post here, and i think more ppl should see this, not just msn talk, its a forum related issue, talk in the forum

Jack wrote:
Nox wrote:and lol, if gc if you think jack cares about forum admins

I think, I'm going to have to quote that in my siggy. :lol:

but im right lol ;)

Jack wrote:
Nox wrote:i always thought it was wrong giving jack any kind of power in this forum, but this is way too much, do the forum admins agree with this??? or he just does what he wants ???

I'd like to know WHY you feel this way, and if you have anything to back it up. Because, this is quite puzzling to me, considering I have had very limited interactions with you, and the few I remember were positive. :?

i know they were positive, and im not talking about my interaction with you, i post very little, but i read a lot, and see whats goes on, you're better now, but when u started you were disrespectfull to everyone, or almost everyone, thats not a mod like behaviour

edit, dont get me wrong is nothing personal, i always thought you would make a great Ombudsman, i actually voted for you for that job, but mod is too much, unless it was only in the temple section

Jack wrote:
Nox wrote:and listed in the ban list without a reason

I have been posting bans that way for a long time. You only complain now that one of your friends is banned?

lol, i dont check that list often, and i dont think many ppl do, i checked it now cause one of my friends was banned yes, just cause you make something for a long time, doesnt make it right, if no one ever complained, well, theres a first time for anything ;)

edit. by the way, did draleg get warned for masking the same word has manetheren??

and another thing, i always thought masking was this, taken from the quantum section:

bob the dog wrote:[Jack'd] lol wish i know that befor i got one could hjave useit it on UP :P
Nox
Forum Expert

again, thats why warnings exist, if ppl get warned, they can talk in the forum why they got warned, then if they do it again, they know why they have been banned, taking a forum issue to msn is not right in my view, i was a mod also here, last year, and i rarely dealt anything forum related in msn, maybe in the game chat, thats ok, but msn has nothing to do with the forum/game
Jack
Evil Reincarnated
Alliance: The Empire
Race: Dragonborn
ID: 6475

As has been established already, they cannot post here, I do not like IRC, so I rarely use it. Their only option is a MSN convo, you can feel free to sit in the convo if you want, and post it after it's over, given you have their permission of course.

Edit, even if we could discuss it here with them, there are still some things that cannot/will not be discussed in the public forum.
Ya'll acting like you know what monster is
Me have 25 years in the monster biz
All monsters think you can fuss with this
Well you can talk to me Snuffleupagus
Me sneak into your house, me leave before dawn
Your daughters will be pregnant and your cookies will be gone
Malx wrote:Make kids not cancer!
Nox
Forum Expert

ok, right now manetheren doesnt have msn access i think

but unrelated to that, why is this masking?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=fracking

its a polite way to say a bad word, masking is that example i posted earlier, from bob the dog :?

and no one answered if draleg, that used the same word got warned also

and i still like one of the forum admins to say something relating this issue :P
deni
The Initiate

Honours and Awards

Nox wrote:ok, right now manetheren doesnt have msn access i think

but unrelated to that, why is this masking?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=fracking

its a polite way to say a bad word, masking is that example i posted earlier, from bob the dog :?

and no one answered if draleg, that used the same word got warned also

and i still like one of the forum admins to say something relating this issue :P

as far as I know "frack" is neither on the filter nor is it seen as a way to mask a bad word. the female form of a canine animal is though ;)

Return to “Forum & Mod Feedback”