my thread deleted

Ombudsman Case Archives
Fear Of The Duck
Forum Zombie

Re: my thread deleted

Semper wrote:The images were good, but tasteless and unsuitable for this forum. They do not belong within these pixels.

Whoever deleted the thread, should be hailed as a responsible mod, not anything bad, and I (and I encourage anyone else with half a brain cell to follow me here..) do support their actions.

If your that concerned about the time you put into the thread Corran Horn...well I suggest you wake up and smell the christmas pudding my nonna is cooking... you chose to do it, it was not an infinite thing... live with it.

So.. this long rant, rather than, just posting a concise bullet pointed argument against is just to be my last (I think) rant before the new year potentially... so thought I would go out annoying one of my favourite people to annoy... Corran Horn... loik... :wink:

:lol: ok. so youse with half a brain cell can follow semper there (so now we know how many cells there is in semper's brain. LOL). the rest with more brain cells will decide for themselves.
Nimras
Forum Addict
Alliance: Yggdrasil
Race: Viking
ID: 30667

Semper wrote:The images were good, but tasteless and unsuitable for this forum. They do not belong within these pixels.

Whoever deleted the thread, should be hailed as a responsible mod, not anything bad, and I (and I encourage anyone else with half a brain cell to follow me here..) do support their actions.

If your that concerned about the time you put into the thread Corran Horn...well I suggest you wake up and smell the christmas pudding my nonna is cooking... you chose to do it, it was not an infinite thing... live with it.

So.. this long rant, rather than, just posting a concise bullet pointed argument against is just to be my last (I think) rant before the new year potentially... so thought I would go out annoying one of my favourite people to annoy... Corran Horn... loik... :wink:

Maybe it should have been removed but Deleted NO we have a place for everything to be stored which is where it should have been moved and if what you say is true then had it been moved yes then he did the right thing according to you. By deleting it the mod did not.
deni
The Initiate
Alliance: THE DARK DOMINIUM
Race: Goddess
ID: 75493

Honours and Awards

as .:VOID:. said the issue is dealt with by the forum Admins already and actions are taken to restore the threads. Due to the holidays and the requiered cooperation from Jason it might take a while though.

If the thread in question is appropriate or not is not the issue here. If it does not break any of the existing forum rules, then I do not see a reason for it not being restored. Judging from the fact that the misc mods have not moved the thread themselves before the unfortunate accident of its deletion makes me think that the thread was within the rules even though some might considered it a bad taste.

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

Just for clarification, we are not sure they can be recovered, but a valid attempt is being made. The holidays are hindering us so time will be required.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
Solus
WAR POPE
ID: 0

Honours and Awards

deni wrote:as .:VOID:. said the issue is dealt with by the forum Admins already and actions are taken to restore the threads. Due to the holidays and the requiered cooperation from Jason it might take a while though.

If the thread in question is appropriate or not is not the issue here. If it does not break any of the existing forum rules, then I do not see a reason for it not being restored. Judging from the fact that the misc mods have not moved the thread themselves before the unfortunate accident of its deletion makes me think that the thread was within the rules even though some might considered it a bad taste.

most of the threads were alright and within the forum wide rules and the rules set within the spam temple. in particular the thread Corran is referring to is his 'military babes' thread, which wasnt in bad taste. all it was, was pictures of Female Military Personnel on the job. there was some other pics in there but all within the rules.

there have been incidents in the past where pictures were posted BY OTHER FORUM USERS did break rules, as such the offending pics were removed accordingly. as the thread was however it was within the rules and was a popular, active topic.

~soul
(not santa anymore, tis not christmas day here nemore...)
Slim87R wrote:I think your Solus is showing.
Spoiler
Juliette wrote:Glory to the Solus.
Psyko wrote:You sick and twisted little Sol, you. :smt047 :smt049
Malx wrote:
Noobert wrote:I love when Solus posts. It brightens my day because of how awesome he is.
+1
Eärendil wrote:
SuperSaiyan wrote:
Eärendil wrote:Making fun of SS in his face
Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:Punching SS in his face
its ok, you both love me more then existence itself anyway
No, No I don't.
I love Solus.
And I even love Canadian Bacon more than you.
Radiance wrote:Oh my marriage-consummating deity.. that was awesome. :shock:
(F)(¯`• (F)¸·´¯)«§müg»™(¯`·¸(F) •´¯)(F) says (5:38 PM):
*who is solus?
Chris/Deviathan[EVE Online] says (5:38 PM):
*solus is god
*and he touches us all with his noodly appendage
[BoT] Eärendil :: Matt says (5:38 PM):
*solus is... better than raptor jesus
SuperSaiyan - Pirate says (10:25 PM):
*solus is out for blood Image
DaDigi
Forum Elder
Alliance: I hate all equally
Race: Tri-athalon
ID: 46811

FYI - your thread was not singled out for removal. Nobody is out to get you, or anything of the sort.
DaDigi
Former Moderator for Market & Suggestions/Reports
semper
The sharp-tongued devil you can't seem to forget...
Race: God

Corran Horn wrote:

:lol: ok. so youse with half a brain cell can follow semper there (so now we know how many cells there is in semper's brain. LOL). the rest with more brain cells will decide for themselves.

wow Corran... a come back worthy of a four year old.. im impressed, a few years more than I expected from someone as sharp as you.

Im sorry... lol. If swearing and other similarly common things are not allowed... then 'perving' on girls in a thread is equally as distasteful. I cannot see a reason why if one is not acceptable because of the presence of younger players, the other should be.
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
Started Playing: April 2005
Honours (5): Hall of Fame 2009. Annual Awards Host 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Winner (12): RP'er of the Year 2008, Runner Up Poster of the Year 2008, Debater of the Year 2008, War of the Year 2008, Poster of the Year 2009, Alliance of the Year 2009 (Nemesis Sect, Creator), Alliance War of the Year 2009 (Nempire vs Mayhem, Instigator), RP'er Runner Up 2009, Knew You'd Be Back 2010, Conflict of the Decade (FUALL v TF), Conflict of the Decade Runner Up (Ga vs TF), Alliance of the Decade (TDD).
Nominated (8): Writer of the year 2007, Avatar of the Year 2007, Poster of the Year 2007, Villain of the Year 2008, Player Sig 2008, Race Player of the Year 2009, Most Missed 2010, Alliance Leadership 2010, Most Missed 2011.
Commands (3): Supreme System Lord 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012. System Lord Council 2006 - present. Dark Lord and Emperor of the Nempire 2009 - 2011.
Alliances (9): DDE, EA, OSL, TFUR, DDEII, AI, RM, WoB, Nemesis.
Forum Roles (4): Former Misc GM, Race Mod (Goa'uld), Debate forum patriarch and mod.
Solus
WAR POPE

Honours and Awards

Semper wrote:
Corran Horn wrote:

wow Corran... a come back worthy of a four year old.. im impressed, a few years more than I expected from someone as sharp as you.

Im sorry... lol. If swearing and other similarly common things are not allowed... then 'perving' on girls in a thread is equally as distasteful. I cannot see a reason why if one is not acceptable because of the presence of younger players, the other should be.

'perving' on girls eh semper? the thread in question was of female military personnel in full uniform, the pictures were taken with permission. before you start making baseless accusations, try to provide evidence to support your claims, as the main debate mod i'd have thought you'd have thought of this. the only inappropriate pictures that were in this thread were removed by me personally about 3 months ago, and it wasnt corran posting the questionable pictures.

~soul
Spoiler
Malx wrote:
Noobert wrote:I love when Solus posts. It brightens my day because of how awesome he is.
+1
Eärendil wrote:
SuperSaiyan wrote:
No, No I don't.
I love Solus.
*who is solus?
*solus is god
semper

.:VOID:. wrote:
Semper wrote:
Corran Horn wrote:

'perving' on girls eh semper? the thread in question was of female military personnel in full uniform, the pictures were taken with permission. before you start making baseless accusations, try to provide evidence to support your claims, as the main debate mod i'd have thought you'd have thought of this. the only inappropriate pictures that were in this thread were removed by me personally about 3 months ago, and it wasnt corran posting the questionable pictures.

~soul

Yet again you display a complete lack of understanding Void....

Evidence was in the thread. If you wish me to provide evidence for my claims, I would return and say you provide evidence they were not.

As for the quality of the pictures and level of exposure... well the point being whether they were naked or not, it is still putting girls up on display to be looked at, and commented on by members of the male gender. I dont disagree with this in a conventional sense as it is a common thing, however so too is swearing. My point is.. if one is allowed, why not the other. If you are allowed to put up women on display like some shop window in a demeaning sense... and possibly unsuitable sense for young boys and girls to be seeing, then why is swearing not allowed. Why is it filtered? It is equally as common to children of all ages...

I believe, no I know... the reasoning behind no swearing was to make the board look like a family orientated place... perhaps a safe environment for young children to venture? Corrans thread directly contradicts that idea..

not to mention his quest for some sort of compensation is absurd.

Bring back...ALLOW... Corrans thread...then Bring back swearing too then!

On, and on another note.. yes, those ladies may have given their permission for their picture to be taken... but I doubt they did it for this purpose, and if they did then that just goes to support my argument. So your trapped with that one.

I think, I can rest my case. Admins... dont be stupid, keep it gone.
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
Honours (5): Hall of Fame 2009. Annual Awards Host 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Winner (12): RP'er of the Year 2008, Runner Up Poster of the Year 2008, Debater of the Year 2008, War of the Year 2008, Poster of the Year 2009, Alliance of the Year 2009 (Nemesis Sect, Creator), Alliance War of the Year 2009 (Nempire vs Mayhem, Instigator), RP'er Runner Up 2009, Knew You'd Be Back 2010, Conflict of the Decade (FUALL v TF), Conflict of the Decade Runner Up (Ga vs TF), Alliance of the Decade (TDD).
Nominated (8): Writer of the year 2007, Avatar of the Year 2007, Poster of the Year 2007, Villain of the Year 2008, Player Sig 2008, Race Player of the Year 2009, Most Missed 2010, Alliance Leadership 2010, Most Missed 2011.
Commands (3): Supreme System Lord 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012. System Lord Council 2006 - present. Dark Lord and Emperor of the Nempire 2009 - 2011.
Forum Roles (4): Former Misc GM, Race Mod (Goa'uld), Debate forum patriarch and mod.
Fear Of The Duck
Forum Zombie

Semper wrote:
Semper wrote:
Corran Horn wrote:

~soul

Evidence was in the thread. If you wish me to provide evidence for my claims, I would return and say you provide evidence they were not.

As for the quality of the pictures and level of exposure... well the point being whether they were naked or not, it is still putting girls up on display to be looked at, and commented on by members of the male gender. I dont disagree with this in a conventional sense as it is a common thing, however so too is swearing. My point is.. if one is allowed, why not the other. If you are allowed to put up women on display like some shop window in a demeaning sense... and possibly unsuitable sense for young boys and girls to be seeing, then why is swearing not allowed. Why is it filtered? It is equally as common to children of all ages...

I believe, no I know... the reasoning behind no swearing was to make the board look like a family orientated place... perhaps a safe environment for young children to venture? Corrans thread directly contradicts that idea..

On, and on another note.. yes, those ladies may have given their permission for their picture to be taken... but I doubt they did it for this purpose, and if they did then that just goes to support my argument. So your trapped with that one.

:lol: :lol: :smt042 :smt043 :smt044 well... that half a brain cell doesn't help a tiny bit his thinking processes but one gotta admit: at least the guy is amusing! lol!
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom

Honours and Awards

Actually he has very valid points. Lines must be drawn much like semper has said. Thing is, he thinks they should be drawn in a different place. No fault in that. You can't please everyone, and seems Semper has changed his stance recently or atleast his focus.

I personally agree with him, but the outcry from the public at the loss of having half nude women in there siggies, which I personally don't understand in a Sci-Fi WAR Game, is amazing to say the least.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Reason, youll get dead.
Solus
WAR POPE

Honours and Awards

Semper wrote:
Semper wrote:
Corran Horn wrote:

~soul

and that semper is why you dont mod misc. ;) the thread was safe and decided so by myself and was allowed by other misc mods. if you wish to twist my words or logic to encompass swearing, then by all means, keep trying to pick holes etcetera. simple fact is as has been stated, the thread was safe and was allowed. no half nakedness, no nakedness at all. was within the rules. if you wish to argue over moral compass which this seems to be heading, that isnt a matter of right and wrong, but opinion. dont like it? i dont particularly care. ;P

~soul
Spoiler
Malx wrote:
+1
Eärendil wrote:
SuperSaiyan wrote:
No, No I don't.
I love Solus.
*who is solus?
*solus is god
semper

Semper wrote:
Semper wrote:
Corran Horn wrote:

~soul

and that semper is why you dont mod misc. ;) the thread was safe and decided so by myself and was allowed by other misc mods. if you wish to twist my words or logic to encompass swearing, then by all means, keep trying to pick holes etcetera. simple fact is as has been stated, the thread was safe and was allowed. no half nakedness, no nakedness at all. was within the rules. if you wish to argue over moral compass which this seems to be heading, that isnt a matter of right and wrong, but opinion. dont like it? i dont particularly care. ;P

~soul

I dont want to mod misc lol. Jut because you misc mods thought it was right and within the rules by no means indicates you are right. :lol: fool. In fact I think the entire situation surrounding this thread and the resulting disciplinary action it has brought about go a long way to demonstrate just how incapable of making the right choices you guys can be as a collective.

The only thing you have brought to the table so far Void is that YOU do not think it had any problems. No real reasoning...nothing apart from the rules bit.. which I will now address... If memory serves, and it usually does, the rules stated no pornography, is all porn a display of skin or nakedness? I think not... I know many lads who get that good old happy tingly feeling when they see a lass in uniform and same for girls and guys in uniform, hell I used to be one of the ones in uniform! In fact! I was actually praying you would bring that point up... it was.. so very predictable.

As for this just being a moral implication and opinion... by god... are not all the rules? :lol:

You dont care whether I like it or not? I hardly agree... in fact your so threatened by the fact im making some dam good points against this thread, and by extension your judgement that you have come back, time after time after time to TRY and argue with me, yet so far, kudos for effort, but results are in the lacking. :-)

By the extension of lores post, I say, yes a line has to be drawn.... yes a line has been drawn and the thread in question crosses that line in a very insidious way.

Keep it gone.
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom

Honours and Awards

Semper, as you yourself have stated, you do not wish to mod. Then why are you lobbing? The rules are not all correct, nor correctly followed, and in a perfect world rules are not needed. Forums are not perfect, and with this broad of pool of "personalities" it never will be. Right, Wrong, or indifferent, lines have to be drawn. You do not argue this point at all, but you want the lines drawn more where You think they should be, because of how You feel, and care less for others. I'm fine with that. I, much like yourself, feel alot of things could go, but someone who isn't concerned only for themselves see's that its the overall health of the forums thats got to be thought of. Could I create a forum close to perfect? Yes. Would it prompty die shortly after? More then likely. Only a few would come and stay.

Much like portrayed in "The Matrix". There must be a darker element, There must be rule breakers and limit pushers. Its all checks and balanced. To much peace and the forums die. To much war and the forums die.

Make your stand Semper, lobby for your changes. Personally insult me and my mods for not groveling at your feet and accepting your word as law,,,,,,

Well lets just say it effects the level of honest respect you carry among us. We are not perfect. I am not perfect. We accept that. Can you?
Reason, youll get dead.
Solus
WAR POPE

Honours and Awards

:lol:

and you act as though my opinion is invalid. and according to your logic about all these things that people find attractive etc...... oh wow. remember there are many people out there with different fetishes. im sure youre aware of that and it goes without saying that someone will find something wrong with everything.

you dont agree with the thread? why whine about it when we all know you dont post there much? especially when it has been made clear to you that it is not pornographic in nature, despite your claims.

now theres almost certainly something that youre going to reply to me about but really, youre just complaining to get under peoples skin, we know this, youve said it yourself, and you claim the thread has no place on these forums where infact personalities like that who deliberately try to aggrevate people are the ones who shouldnt be here. you have your opinion, fair enough but to act as though others lack the intellect to discern things for themselves is just plain insulting.

trolling users and complaining about threads that are harmless.... howsabout this semper, dont bother with anything related to the temple or areas you dont participate in regularly. forcing your own ideals on areas you dont participate in seems a little odd (for the lack of a better word, im very tired after a long few days). the thread was deemed safe, if you dont like it, tough. you dont have to see it, and your idealism isnt exactly something that others are willing to adhere to.

this is a community we deal with here whether or not you appreciate it or not, people have different standards to you. such as me, and I don't consider an image of a fully clothed woman to be pornographic. i moderate misc and i made the decision. you dont, and it isnt logical to force all that from your position. like i said, if you have an opinion, fine. but others dont appreciate being ridiculed.

~soul
and merry belated christmas and happy new year (when it rolls around)
Spoiler
Malx wrote:
+1
Eärendil wrote:
SuperSaiyan wrote:
No, No I don't.
I love Solus.
*who is solus?
*solus is god

Return to “Case Archives”