Origins will bring...?

You all asked for it.
Rn5ho
Forum Elite
Race: Shugo

Origins will bring...?

So, as not all of us played SGW since beggining and thus dont exactly know how was it back then, i would like to ask for explanation what exactly will this one bring ;)

anyone?

~Horus
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

Re: Origins will bring...?

Horus God Of Light wrote:So, as not all of us played SGW since beggining and thus dont exactly know how was it back then, i would like to ask for explanation what exactly will this one bring ;)

anyone?

~Horus

I dont think that has been decided, hence the other thread

From what i know, in the past there was

No planets
No unlimited AT
No Nox
No MS
No anti
No Lifers
ALL units attacked and died, miners included
nothing was safe

Not sure how the market was then, or even if there was one, maybe someone older can help more
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Lone wolf
Race: Slovenian
ID: 82089

Nope there was no market at begining. Only way getting ATs beside waiting for turn changes was buying FSS/USS I think.
At begining the races were diffrent aswell - I think that instead of Replicators there were Tok'ra, not sure though as I started playing the game in September 2005 so I wasn't here right at begining...Quited for a few months in December though due to some reasons and then starting all over..damn I wish I kept that account as it was a good one.
And there also weren't any miners, UUs gave income, hence the reason why 450 mil MS was expensive - good naq hits were for about 15 mil naq (and that was about 9 months into the game). Basicly as soon as miners popped up and along with them ACs and market, the game went downwards. Miners gave/give about 4 times more naq than UUs and other prices weren't increased, so basicly your income got increased 4 times while the prices for weapons, MS, technologies etc, didn't get increased and precisely because of this reason wars can be fought by anyone against anyone and it turns into a war of attrition and accounts can rebuild to pre-war state in a matter of days.

And one of things that really were much better is that people actually were nice to you. I remember PMing a random guy who has ascended, how to achieve that goal (back then when I started playing the game rare few people even knew what ascended is about, your bonuses and how to ascend, while even rarer people ascended...Being LG [even prior] was back then the same as now having 300 mil army size) and he has explained it to me nicely, even though he couldn't tell everything because he wasn't allowed to due to "ascended rules"..Too bad we can't expect all of these old skool players to return..

Just my 3 cents on this matter :wink:

Regards
Haz wrote:It took a bit of time, but the investigation has now been completed.
S1eepy will be banned for scripting, for the remainder of this era.
Name: S1eepy [ TheCheekyChickens ]
{Banned}
2012 Awards awarded to me:
Spoiler
Your Obliteration
Forum Grunt
Alliance: Freelancer
ID: 0

Well I was around at the beginning and what I remember the races were Replicator, Tauri, Asgard and Goa'uld.

Only way to gain turns was USS or FSS no market was available. Broker wasnt available either.

Just the basics uu, strike, defense, covert, commanders and officers, alliances and mercs.
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom

Honours and Awards

Anti God wrote:Well I was around at the beginning and what I remember the races were Replicator, Tauri, Asgard and Goa'uld.

Only way to gain turns was USS or FSS no market was available. Broker wasnt available either.

Just the basics uu, strike, defense, covert, commanders and officers, alliances and mercs.

Mercs were there from the beginning?
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Reason, youll get dead.
Your Obliteration
Forum Grunt

i started playing march 2005 and i do remember mercs being there okay i didnt start feb 2005 and have been playing on and off since then but i do remember what they had.

they also didnt have market turns cant remember what else they didnt have atm
Midnight
Forum Regular

Yeah, mercs were there from the start.

Back then it was a much more strategic game.
CABAL
Forum Expert
Alliance: Aquila Ignis
Race: Death Watch

'Back Then' reminds me of a Kings of Chaos clone...

MS-1 -> T-26 -> T-46 -> T-28 -> KV -> KV-3 -> IS -> IS-3 -> IS-4 -> IS-7
Kadaj
Fledgling Forumer
ID: 73035

if i remember right their weren't actual alliances.....i dont belive their were tags....but i could be wrong...probly am...lol...i was 12 when i started playing in june '05....kinda hard to remember.....

Kad

*edit* i remember Mercs also...because i was offering someone like 50mercs or something to join me...lol
Old Siggys ^_^
Spoiler
Image ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Your Obliteration
Forum Grunt

well your right there kadaj there werent proper alliances no tags
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom

Honours and Awards

Tags or not alliances will still exist so I do hope they keep that part.
Reason, youll get dead.
Wolverine_nl
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: MidNight
Race: Ancient
ID: 68833

What i remember is that the whole gameplay was different, this because it seemed more simple, but in fact it is more complicated, you had to do more to prepare for war or to repair things, resources weren't quickly available as they are now.
Like some1 already said, more strategic, you needed to play very efficient to be succesfull.
Cole
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
Race: System Lord
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Legendary Apophis, Apophis The Great, Legendary

Lore wrote:
Horus God Of Light wrote:So, as not all of us played SGW since beggining and thus dont exactly know how was it back then, i would like to ask for explanation what exactly will this one bring ;)

anyone?

~Horus

I dont think that has been decided, hence the other thread

From what i know, in the past there was

No planets
No unlimited AT
No Nox
No MS
No anti
No Lifers
ALL units attacked and died, miners included
nothing was safe

Not sure how the market was then, or even if there was one, maybe someone older can help more

On endline of 2005, Motherships and ascension were already here. Anti was being discussed but no idea on how to kill covert yet. Planets appeared in middle 2006 (Caspain issue). Nox don't really remember, miners/lifers either.
So defining sgw old school is tough. Is it feb/march 05? winter 05?
As for alliances ingame, I think summer 05 they did appear, or autumn, don't remember precisely.
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom

Honours and Awards

LegendaryApophis wrote:On endline of 2005, Motherships and ascension were already here. Anti was being discussed but no idea on how to kill covert yet. Planets appeared in middle 2006 (Caspain issue). Nox don't really remember, miners/lifers either.
So defining sgw old school is tough. Is it feb/march 05? winter 05?
As for alliances ingame, I think summer 05 they did appear, or autumn, don't remember precisely.

March of 06 AC was up and running.
Reason, youll get dead.
Angelis~
Forum Irregular
Alliance: The Legion
ID: 6225

Neimenljivi is right on the fact that replicators were not around in the beginning. The Covert race were the Tok'ra but quickly changed to replicators.

Cant wait for this to come out but it was slow back then. So be ready for it.

Playing since Feb 05.

Anyways, if you cant remember or want to know when stuff came out go here

http://www.stargatewars.com/updatesArchive.php

Image Image Image

Return to “Origins General Chat”