You all asked for it.
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

profit??

Whats the scale on taking naq on farming hits?

I was farming and hit a 8300 naq hit and only got 2905

is the % taken suppose to go so low?

and this happened repeatedly so it wasnt a case of someone hit the same time i did. 1 case was 8500 na out, first hit took 4300 and second took 2200, so it took 2 hits just to get 3/4 of his exposed naq?
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
Borek
Forum Addict

Re: profit??

yeah, the amount we get on a hit varies wildly, i've had as low as about 33% and as high as 90%. I think it should have less variety myself, say 60-80%...
Edmund Blackadder-"The path of my Life is beset with Cowpats from the Devils own satanic herd!"
Midnight
Forum Regular
ID: 0

Well the biggest gap I had was someone who had just over 15k in the open and over 4 hits got 13.5k in total from him.

Best I had was 8.9k from someone who had 9.2k.
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom

Honours and Awards

Can you imagine what thats going to be like in the future?

AG I hope you have a look at this, it wasnt this wild in beta???
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Reason, youll get dead.
Seaborgium
Forum Intermediate

The faigue thing, the higher the alert on teh account the less you get per hit.
Manetheren
Forum Elite
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
Race: Ancient

It shouldnt vary that much though. I attacked some with over 20k out and got 40% of it.
RedKnight
Forum Regular
Alliance: Sigma
Race: System Lord

i need the big hits now, my attack is too big for the current hit rate, im losing so much out of it
Sammael wrote: Well done, mate, need my pants lowered thanks ;)
Apocalypse.
Forum Irregular
Location: Hell (where all the other Hell spawns hang out) , awaiting my well earned damnation

I farm a LOT and I can't for the life of me figure a patter out , the amount varies , but this variation has nothing to do with rank , or their defense v my offense . It's just wack.

Avatar And Banner Created by BAHAMUT SGWs Number one Graphic designer.
Borek
Forum Addict

pizza_guy wrote:The faigue thing, the higher the alert on teh account the less you get per hit.
haha, the fatigue has zero effect on what you steal, so many people seem to think it does.

What fatigue does is determine how much Naq your attack and defense troops EARN per turn. Yes, weird as it sounds your soldiers earn naq when they are not fighting (fatigued), more than the UU's if no fatigue. The amount you steal appears to be completely random and unrelated, unless gary added it in as an undocumented feature anyway.
Edmund Blackadder-"The path of my Life is beset with Cowpats from the Devils own satanic herd!"
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom

Honours and Awards

Borek wrote:
pizza_guy wrote:The faigue thing, the higher the alert on teh account the less you get per hit.
haha, the fatigue has zero effect on what you steal, so many people seem to think it does.

What fatigue does is determine how much Naq your attack and defense troops EARN per turn. Yes, weird as it sounds your soldiers earn naq when they are not fighting (fatigued), more than the UU's if no fatigue. The amount you steal appears to be completely random and unrelated, unless gary added it in as an undocumented feature anyway.

Yeah, i have hit for about 30% and then the next hit take 90% so that cant be it.

Also, found something VERY intresting, and i did double check this more then once.

I saw a guy with 20,000 out, and i went to attack and saw 20,000 out again, so i attacked and got 25,700, and he still had 3,300 left after the attack.

AG if this helps its feb 6th
08:19 ******** 25,775 Naquadah stolen 15 0 0
Reason, youll get dead.
Borek
Forum Addict

that sounds to me like whoever it was taking naq out the bank to train spies or assassins and you got lucky Lore :)
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom

Honours and Awards

Borek wrote:that sounds to me like whoever it was taking naq out the bank to train spies or assassins and you got lucky Lore :)

its possible.

but to have 20,000 out and then take 8 or 9 more out?
IDK
Reason, youll get dead.
Epyon {recruiting}
Forum Regular

in the middle of farming prehaps near a turn change
Epyon {recruiting} wrote:They Say You Should'nt Fear The Reaper, Thats True, But You Should Fear Me
adminGary
Origins Server Administrator

It's hard to say what is going on, I'm looking into it.

I haven't changed anything to do with the ratios since beta.

As for Attack Fatigue, that only affects the income produced by attack units on server ticks.
semper
The sharp-tongued devil you can't seem to forget...
Race: God

aye, because I have been getting silly amounts from hits, especially today.

I mean most of the time I am hitting people with 12k+ out at the time, and coming back with between 5 and 6k...thats silly!
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
Started Playing: April 2005
Honours (5): Hall of Fame 2009. Annual Awards Host 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Winner (12): RP'er of the Year 2008, Runner Up Poster of the Year 2008, Debater of the Year 2008, War of the Year 2008, Poster of the Year 2009, Alliance of the Year 2009 (Nemesis Sect, Creator), Alliance War of the Year 2009 (Nempire vs Mayhem, Instigator), RP'er Runner Up 2009, Knew You'd Be Back 2010, Conflict of the Decade (FUALL v TF), Conflict of the Decade Runner Up (Ga vs TF), Alliance of the Decade (TDD).
Nominated (8): Writer of the year 2007, Avatar of the Year 2007, Poster of the Year 2007, Villain of the Year 2008, Player Sig 2008, Race Player of the Year 2009, Most Missed 2010, Alliance Leadership 2010, Most Missed 2011.
Commands (3): Supreme System Lord 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012. System Lord Council 2006 - present. Dark Lord and Emperor of the Nempire 2009 - 2011.
Alliances (9): DDE, EA, OSL, TFUR, DDEII, AI, RM, WoB, Nemesis.
Forum Roles (4): Former Misc GM, Race Mod (Goa'uld), Debate forum patriarch and mod.

Return to “Origins General Chat”