An Update

Suggest any improvements
Squishymaster
Forum Newbie
ID: 0

An Update

Yea, thats my suggestion AN UPDATE. Its been a year since the last update, maybe its time for one?

xXxsephirothxXx
One Winged Angel
Alliance: [DxM]
Race: Ancients
ID: 1918259

Re: An Update

reset sounds good 8)
Pain and Death is the cost of Fun! ~Zaraki Kenpachi 8)
Talking as a Mod
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

xXxsephirothxXx wrote:reset sounds good 8)

reset without fixing it is no good, I'd rather scrap it first.

I'm scared to even see an updates considering the trend, but something needs to be done thats for sure.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
~Insider Trader~
Forum Irregular

bump for an update. This whole train wreck has gone on far too long.

I say go out with a bang. Take off every cap and every restriction and have some real fun with it before we scrap it and consign it history. Don't let it die whimpering over years
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom

Honours and Awards

~Insider Trader~ wrote: Don't let it die whimpering over years

Thats pretty much how its lived LOL
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Reason, youll get dead.
Squishymaster
Forum Newbie

Obviously something needs to be done and letting it die isn't a good solution. The concept of an ascended realm is cool and so is tieing the two servers together. To draw people back into the ascended game I believe you need to more firmly join the two servers together so that they have a greater affect on eachother. I personally like the ascended server, so if a few other people want to dedicate checking this post every couple days and trying to hash out some good solid updates that can be brought before the gamemasters I would certainly agree to it.

If you agree in concept to be open and HELPFUL with the discussion I had a few ideas.

1. Main server ascensions need to give a greater boost to ascended accounts. Maybe each ascension already gives you more than the last ascension, but my fourth ascension was literally 2 turns of the power up points I make from DMU. Granted thats 8bill planets. no alert level, and 1200 production, but still its not nearly what it should be.

2. Command Star. I know I know, but it is easy to solve, which is why its strange it hasn't been addressed. Two solutions:
A. You give the base values a boost. I've looked at the relationship between a good attack and good MS on main server and it would seem that a boost of about 25 times current standard would be a good way to solve this. Easy to fix and easy to correct if it needs further slight tweaking.
B. Make a Power Up stat for it. This seems more inline with the rest of how the server works, but seems like a pain to code in. If this were to be done you could use the 25x figure as a good value for having a 1000 stat priced like the physical stats, not charisma of course.

3. Ascended Server needs to affect the Main Server more. I know you'll say you show up in battle sometimes, but I mean more directly. Also, another two ideas for this category:
A. Maybe when you show up in combat your bonus is somehow determined by your current actual stats on ascended. Obviously, not a direct bonus but something like 0.00001x your stat. Which if your curious would mean a 10quad defense would give you a 100bill bonus to defense if you showed up. I don't know what figures, but it would seem to be a decent concept. You would have to play ascended actively and maintain high stats to give a good bonus.
B. Planet Production on ascended adds to population growth on Main :shock: Oh yea, crazy but interesting. If you take your unaffected planet production and multiply it by 0.0001 that would add to your base UP on Main, perhaps limited by your natural just like a planet does. If you are curious again for a numbered example I have put some work into mine, its not close to the best but I would say decent, is 182mill a day, so a bonus on main of 18,200. So with more work it could be a really nice bonus.

So if you agree to my terms of being helpful and trying to improve the ascended for the better and can do so in a civil manner please post away. But before you tweak an idea's numbers or how it functions, first state how you feel about the affect it is having or trying to have, that way everyone knows how in general you feel about the concept.

Take it away.

Lore
Fountain of Wisdom

Honours and Awards

Squishymaster wrote: I personally like the ascended server, so if a few other people want to dedicate checking this post every couple days and trying to hash out some good solid updates that can be brought before the gamemasters I would certainly agree to it.

The game master has been given good suggestions for 3 yrs now and this is what we have left, most will not want to even bother anymore.

But, to humor you, and because I'd like to see the game playable again as well, you and everyone else needs to stop thinking "quick fix" and "small scale".

What is the true bane of ascended? What is the one thing which makes it pointless in every way? I mean there are some great features of ascended, like the lack of a market, lack of a bank, and most importantly the lack of an unlimited supply of AT and/or resources.

So what it is?

Accelerated growth, plain and simple.

The second teir of a game should not be faster paced then the first, and having a 1 bill CER is madness. Second this with the totally hosed attck system and assasination being so overpowered that it basicly kills the game outright. As it stands now a brand new account (under 6 months) can completely wipe out the oldest and largest account in the game, destroying 94% of both ATT and DEF in 30 hits. That along with the fact that same account can effectively regrow in 1 week or less to the same level as before.

There is no consiquence to anything in ascended. Deascention is a joke and impossible.

Fix the root issues or burn the game, I am sick of seeing bundles of bandaides piled everywhere.

4 multipliers on growth is rediculous. Doing an "all out ascention" one where you actually sacrifise everything on your account gains you less then I make in a day normally, or can farm in a few hours.

Ascended goods should be super expensive to buy, not dirt cheap as they are now, this due to accelerated growth.

Look at Freman. 5 bill plague limit on ascended and hes got a 1 bill CER. That means he can hit the limit every 5 days if wiped to 0.

By all means tho, tie the 2 servers together like it should be, and make it go both ways. a weak main account should weaken the ascended being, and a weak ascended being should weaken the main account and one should not exist without the other.

Also the diamon race needs to change as it is not a viable option and they can not compete, just like the unascended can not either. Not everyone wants to play 2 servers, so either fix the diamon race or scrap it as well.
Reason, youll get dead.
Squishymaster
Forum Newbie

You do make some interesting points about the game and having spoken with others about its issues they do seem to be many. Though it would seem simpler to make a lot of small fixes than it would to recreate the server. By the sounds of it a new game would be a better solution, perhaps keeping aspects of the game that we like and scrapping everything else. So what do we like about ascended?

Personally I would say keeping the games intertied would be cool. I do like the stat building aspect of the power up points going into traits, I mean you live forever so stat building has to be a main component. Now that I think about it those I would say are really the only things I like about the ascended server, so any new game that had those two elements I would be all over.

~Insider Trader~
Forum Irregular

My quick thoughts...
*CS needs to be increased by at least 500 times, not 25. The sad thing is that a long time ago it's power was increased by 100 times and it was still useless.
*Plague limit is 2 bill not 5? So Fremen hits it in 2 days if on the off chance he is nerfed to zero. That is rediculous
*If I ascended today, my 60k UP buys me enough ascention points to buy 3% of my next charisma level. Sorry, but I don't have a solution to this that doesn't make the whole game worse by accelerating growth further

Squishymaster wrote:Planet Production on ascended adds to population growth on Main :shock: Oh yea, crazy but interesting. If you take your unaffected planet production and multiply it by 0.0001 that would add to your base UP on Main, perhaps limited by your natural just like a planet does.

*I quite like the main bonus to uu production, based on your CER. It would be nice to get another 40k units a day. Gives a bit of incentive to stay alive on ascended

Squishymaster wrote:Maybe when you show up in combat your bonus is somehow determined by your current actual stats on ascended. Obviously, not a direct bonus but something like 0.00001x your stat. Which if your curious would mean a 10quad defense would give you a 100bill bonus to defense if you showed up.

*Again, I like the idea. But when I spy someone on main I would appreciate being able to see this ascended bonus. I don't like surprises. Based on your numbers and what I've seen is the highest def in ascended, the biggest boost an account will get is about +550-600bill. I would also like to see it work like planets - it only adds max 50% of you current def/attack. Otherwise no one will build a def on main, they'll just rely on their 30Q ascended def that cannot be massed in main
*One last thing I've wanted that bloody 130% multiplyer thing gone since day dot. I have never heard a compelling argument to keep it.
Squishymaster
Forum Newbie

I know the CS seems super under powered, but if you put some decent cash into it I think you'll come to agree that it doesn't need such a drastic boost as 500. Currently, I have a 10quad defense with a 50trill bonus from my command star if rebuilt. 25x boost to CS would give me a 1.25quad bonus to defense which is decent. 500x boost to CS would give a bonus of 25quad to my 10quad defense. Perhaps 75x would be a better figure to use. I'm basing the concept of the intended bonus to be comparable to the bonus one might receive on main server with a good MS. But at least we agree it needs a major bump.

The plague limit of 2 seems reasonable, but it would seem that its affect on your planets per day isn't great enough. So maybe that affect needs to be doubled or tripled to make it more effective in keeping people lower.

The bonus in combat based on compared ranks is pretty silly when you can so easily change your rank when your online. Perhaps putting the ranking system back the way it was so your rank is based on your planets not your stats and getting rid of the bonus attacking up the chain would help. But I like the idea of keeping the negative for attacking people below you.

EDIT:

I also wanted to talk about the assassin issue. Perhaps if it is too powerfull than just cutting it back so it only does 20% of the damage it normally does. I've heard you can kill somone's everything by doing like 30 attacks, if that is the case than on average now you would have to do 150 attacks to mass them which is more reasonable because you have to similarly on the main server.

~Insider Trader~
Forum Irregular

My star stats
Offense Capacity 37,380,000,000,000
Defence Capacity 56,960,000,000,000

500x will also give me a boost of 25Q. My def is 38Q. So I think its reasonable (for me anyway) considering that in a year 50Q defs will be about average. You have to think a little long term, can't keep updating star power every month.
Besides if it is capped like main where it only adds equivalent to strike and def then your bonus is 10Q not 25Q, again its reasonable, maybe a little more powerful than main, but reasonable considering the server will grow into it pretty quickly.

I don't want rank going back to size. That was silly because you no matter what you did to your stats (for better or worse) you were stuck where you were unless you asked someone to mass you. The turns would have to go back to = for all as well. I could quote endless rants from mojo rising on this subject and others, but we all know that got him nowhere.

On the assassin issue, I figure if you don't have assassins it's your own fault if you get swiped. But I would like to see the damage halved.
Squishymaster
Forum Newbie

Maybe a middle ground for size affecting rank. If the size made up half of the weight of your rank and your stats made the other half that may solve a lot of problems people see with both.

Anyone else going to chime in about the ascension subject? I realize not many people check this forum, but if you do please make a post so we can have some good conversation about improvements.

And I know that the admins don't listen to suggestions about ascended but I believe its because they don't want to sit down and figure out all the different improvements and how to change them so it doesn't destabilize the game. However, I feel if a group of us get together and have a long conversation about the game perhaps we can go to them with a set of changes that have already been well thought out and all they need to do is double check everything perhaps they'll make some updates.

Chronus
Forum Intermediate
Race: System Lord

I am definately against a reset on the main server. Everything is not broken. Just fix what is broken (ie make ascended worth playing by removing who you can and can't attack) and let us go on. I love this game and don't want to see it go.
Iƒrit
Forum Addict
Alliance: The Legion
Race: System Lord
ID: 22479
Alternate name(s): Hansel, Nighthawk

Lore wrote:
Squishymaster wrote: I personally like the ascended server, so if a few other people want to dedicate checking this post every couple days and trying to hash out some good solid updates that can be brought before the gamemasters I would certainly agree to it.

The game master has been given good suggestions for 3 yrs now and this is what we have left, most will not want to even bother anymore.

But, to humor you, and because I'd like to see the game playable again as well, you and everyone else needs to stop thinking "quick fix" and "small scale".

What is the true bane of ascended? What is the one thing which makes it pointless in every way? I mean there are some great features of ascended, like the lack of a market, lack of a bank, and most importantly the lack of an unlimited supply of AT and/or resources.

So what it is?

Accelerated growth, plain and simple.

The second teir of a game should not be faster paced then the first, and having a 1 bill CER is madness. Second this with the totally hosed attck system and assasination being so overpowered that it basicly kills the game outright. As it stands now a brand new account (under 6 months) can completely wipe out the oldest and largest account in the game, destroying 94% of both ATT and DEF in 30 hits. That along with the fact that same account can effectively regrow in 1 week or less to the same level as before.

There is no consiquence to anything in ascended. Deascention is a joke and impossible.

Fix the root issues or burn the game, I am sick of seeing bundles of bandaides piled everywhere.

4 multipliers on growth is rediculous. Doing an "all out ascention" one where you actually sacrifise everything on your account gains you less then I make in a day normally, or can farm in a few hours.

Ascended goods should be super expensive to buy, not dirt cheap as they are now, this due to accelerated growth.

Look at Freman. 5 bill plague limit on ascended and hes got a 1 bill CER. That means he can hit the limit every 5 days if wiped to 0.

By all means tho, tie the 2 servers together like it should be, and make it go both ways. a weak main account should weaken the ascended being, and a weak ascended being should weaken the main account and one should not exist without the other.

Also the diamon race needs to change as it is not a viable option and they can not compete, just like the unascended can not either. Not everyone wants to play 2 servers, so either fix the diamon race or scrap it as well.

its like you stole my brain :P

ascended should be fixed and reset.
Squishymaster
Forum Newbie

I would hate to see a reset considering all the effort people have put into their ascended accounts. Someone could ascend for the first time and be on the same level as the guys with 20 ascensions under their belts. If they could do a reset and give people all of their points from all previous ascensions than that would be fine, but a straight up reset putting everyone on the same plain not good.

Return to “Suggestions”