Burn Notice

Where players can relax and discuss their favorite TV shows a*WARNING* spoilers may abound *WARNING*
O Neills
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: Tauri Warlords
Race: Tauri
ID: 0

Burn Notice

Does anyone else watch burn notice? I think its probably the best show since SG1.
Harakash Maha Vishnu wrote: This Tauri does not know fear. He speaks as we are equals.
R D Anderson
Forum Expert
Alliance: ~Leaf Village~
Race: Ancient
ID: 74981

Re: Burn Notice

never heard of it? wots it about, or even better, any links?
Manetheren
Forum Elite
Alliance: Tauri Alliance

Spy type show with Gabriel Anwar.
I like it.
Caladon
Forum Regular
Race: Chaos Marine
ID: 40983

O Neills wrote:Does anyone else watch burn notice? I think its probably the best show since SG1.

I agree, though I will admit to blasphemy . . . I like BSG better than SG whatever.

Burn Notice is easily one of the best shows on, however.
If I have traded with you, please give feedback:
http://herebegames.com/StarGateWarsNew/ ... 8&t=132155
Manetheren
Forum Elite

Caladon wrote:
O Neills wrote:Does anyone else watch burn notice? I think its probably the best show since SG1.

I agree, though I will admit to blasphemy . . . I like BSG better than SG whatever.

Very blasphemous on this forum. I like BSG as well though.

Anyone notice that Michael Shanks has been on a couple of episodes of Burn Notice?
senjii
Forum Grunt
Race: TOKUGAWA

Sure Burn notice is great. There is the mixture of comedy and action that all of the best shows have. Now as for better that Star Gate? I don't know about that. I will say this much I enjoy it for different reasons. The only problem I have with the show is the way that they split up the season
Time walks swiftly
silent is it's
Herald

Caladon
Forum Regular

Manetheren wrote:
Caladon wrote:

Anyone notice that Michael Shanks has been on a couple of episodes of Burn Notice?

Yes, I did notice that. :D A very edgy antagonist . . . . definitely a change from his role on SG1. I like him! :-D

senjii wrote: Sure Burn notice is great. There is the mixture of comedy and action that all of the best shows have. Now as for better that Star Gate? I don't know about that. I will say this much I enjoy it for different reasons. The only problem I have with the show is the way that they split up the season

Now, now, now. Let's not spreading rumors . . . I said BSG is better than SG1. :-D

I don't think Burn Notice can be compared with any sci-fi serial. It's like comparing apples to oranges. I like the series for the storyline, both the episode story, but also the "burn notice" storyline that has been carried on from the very first episode. That's also one of the reasons I like BSG. Also, Bruce Campell is in it.

Grooovy! :lol:
senjii
Forum Grunt
Race: TOKUGAWA

I have to agree with you I have been watching SG1 since it came on Showtime on Fridays. The thing that was the best about SG1 was the way that the characters grew. In the beginning I couldn't stand Daniel, but he changes that he went through and the person he became. I was mad as heck when he died the first time. Though I must admit as much as I like Ben Browder He was no Jack O Neill( with two l's) It will be along time before we have a show that is as good
Time walks swiftly
silent is it's
Herald

Caladon
Forum Regular

senjii wrote:I have to agree with you I have been watching SG1 since it came on Showtime on Fridays. The thing that was the best about SG1 was the way that the characters grew. In the beginning I couldn't stand Daniel, but he changes that he went through and the person he became. I was mad as heck when he died the first time. Though I must admit as much as I like Ben Browder He was no Jack O Neill( with two l's) It will be along time before we have a show that is as good

I think that is the key to every series that I have seen that is great. Certainly the story is important, but character development is an imperative. That's what I have been enjoying about BSG as it is winding down . . . the characters are not the same people they were at the beginning in the first season. I am starting to get into SG1, when they show it on Sci-Fi, but its too choppy the way the channel shows it . . . I think I need to watch it from the first episode in the first season, and go from their.
Pak
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: Hoosiers
ID: 1950206

Great show!! I do agree that it was a bit of a pain how they split up the season. It just makes the season seem so short now that it is ending here soon. Hopefully they just run them all together for the third season.
"We’re not going to Guam are we?"
O Neills
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: Tauri Warlords
Race: Tauri

Manetheren wrote:
Caladon wrote:

Indeed, Michael Shanks had a very important part in this season.

SPOILER FOR LAST NIGHTS EPISODE:
[spoiler]But he died in last nights ep. :([/spoiler]
Harakash Maha Vishnu wrote: This Tauri does not know fear. He speaks as we are equals.
Manetheren
Forum Elite

Yes, an interesting ending to the "season finale"
Caladon
Forum Regular

Manetheren wrote:Yes, an interesting ending to the "season finale"

I concur. :)

I appreciate a well written story, and this has all the marks of one.
Exit
Fledgling Forumer
ID: 34350

I watched the first season and part of the second the other month. It's a decent show, definately witty and well scripted at times, but the acting is kinda terrible. The plots are alright. The setting is fine, there are a few too nicely tied up episodes, but for the most part, you just get that nice fuzzy feeling from watching it. Not my favorite, but not a bad show at all, eh.
"I believe it because it is absurd."
[Exit's Signature Shop]

Return to “The TV room”